Old 11-07-2010, 12:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Default I feel like a different person!

Just now I had a thick slice of meatloaf and some green bean casserole. An off-plan side dish, but I haven't eaten many carbs today and green bean casserole is my -FAVORITE- food ever, so I allowed myself an estimated serving. After I finished, I realized I was full. I didn't even think about eating the bread or the potatoes. I did want more green bean casserole, but I wanted the taste and not the food itself.

I was standing in the kitchen with family in the dining room. The biggest thing that stopped me from getting a second helping is because I don't want to be the person who grabs seconds even when they're full just because they want more. I want healthy eating habits. I felt like if I got more of that casserole, I would be showing them that I can't just have a little bit of a side dish that isn't totally on plan without binging on it.

So, I threw away my plate, put my fork in the sink, finished my diet Pepsi and went in my room. I didn't give in! I've never had this kind of control before. In the past I would have stuffed myself with two double-servings of casserole and then probably eaten the rest for a snack later.

The biggest reason I'm proud of this is because I allowed myself a little bit of a "treat" without using it as an excuse to stuff my face. This is a huge breakthrough for me, and a gigantic step forward from a few months ago...sitting in my room at midnight eating frozen pizzas, chips, and sodas all in one sitting.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

That's a big deal!!! Great job!!!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 11-07-2010 at 12:32 AM.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Linsy, this is really really a big breakthough. Its really hard when we are used to bingeing and stuffing ourselves. I don't know exactly when I stopped worrying that if i didn't overeat the food (and the flavour) would be lost forever. In my head I knew better, but my body wanted to finish it.... I don't know when I got into that habit but its a bad one.
You may have ups and downs with this for a while, or you may be able to stay on track. But the ability to start making these changes is huge, and will be a big part of your success.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

way to go!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #5  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

That is SO AWESOME
I'm glad you were able to do that!
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

Height: 5'6"

Way to go!! That's a huge step, IMO. Isn't it nice when you realize that you have more control than you used to, or than you ever gave yourself credit for? Over the weekend I didn't do so good at staying on my plan, as I was surrounded by junk all the time with no real time to make my own food. But I didn't binge on any of it! I just ate sensibly and once I was full, I stopped. It feels great! You should be super proud of yourself, it feel good to have the control!
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #7  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

wait---green bean casserole is ur favorite? that is such a healthy sounding favorite! LOL my favorite doesn't have green or bean in it.

WTG tho on using ur super powers to control overeating.
SunnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #8  

LOL, yes, I love green bean casserole! I had a bit more for breakfast this morning because the carb count isn't ridiculously high and it's going to waste since nobody else is eating the leftovers.

Thanks you guys, I was (and still am) so proud of myself! I also feel like I get full a lot faster...tonight I had a taco salad and I got full before I even finished it. Maybe I'm just noticing getting full, and before I ignored it? I thought my stomach was a bottomless pit but I guess it isn't!

Wow, I just realized one more thing...my stomach used to loudly digest after I ate anything. It was embarrassingly loud! It hasn't been doing that lately...maybe my food is digesting more easily or it's a result of not overstuffing myself.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #9  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Linsy, my mom and I have loud stomachs too. She was misdiagnosed as having IBS and it didn't get better. We both cut out gluten products and our healthy has improved and now we have quiet tummys Turns out we had a intolerance to it, being on Atkins a few years ago was one of the clues that I needed to diagnose this fact since you don't eat much of that on this diet.

Just an idea Some people are misdiagnosed as celiac as well, but it doesn't hurt to check.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #10  

that's so great! you have to be so happy! I'm looking forward to that day. I don't get seconds in front of people but once I'm alone...it's dangerous. I'm working on it!
Padame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
Linsy, my mom and I have loud stomachs too. She was misdiagnosed as having IBS and it didn't get better. We both cut out gluten products and our healthy has improved and now we have quiet tummys Turns out we had a intolerance to it, being on Atkins a few years ago was one of the clues that I needed to diagnose this fact since you don't eat much of that on this diet.

Just an idea Some people are misdiagnosed as celiac as well, but it doesn't hurt to check.
Oh wow, I had no idea. I should really go check that! I had no idea that was a sign, I thought it just had to do with being overweight. Thanks for the tip!