3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Those Atkins cheese crackers =) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/214636-those-atkins-cheese-crackers-%3D.html)

islandchick1 10-12-2010 01:45 PM

Those Atkins cheese crackers =)

Wow!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU Jersey Gyrl and Sandyfanny for posting this recipe. They are wonderful! I miss having a crunchy thing. These are perfect!

Jersey Gyrl thanks so much for all the wonderful information you share with all of us :)

Sandyfanny thanks for the GREAT recipes :)

Ya'll R~O~C~K!! :dancer: :dancer:

Judy

Gelene 10-12-2010 03:44 PM

islandchick, sorry, but I can't find the recipe to these. Would you mind sharing or posting the link where I can find it. Thanks.

islandchick1 10-12-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gelene (Post 3519034)
islandchick, sorry, but I can't find the recipe to these. Would you mind sharing or posting the link where I can find it. Thanks.

My pleasure Gelene :)

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheezits.html

I love the pics of them. It gives you an idea of what they are suppose to look like. Hope you enjoy :chef:

Judy

Shells 10-12-2010 05:49 PM

Anyone have success with these in the oven?? I don't have a microwave but would like to figure out some way to try these crackers

sandyfanny 10-12-2010 06:00 PM

Thanks, Challenge Buddies! Haven't tried the cheese crackers in the oven, but I've seen a recipe that you do on top of the stove in a non-stick pan (I'd use some Pam anyway). I'll look for it later.

I think they'd work in the oven - maybe line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, put your cheese down and pop it in the oven 375 - 400 degrees and watch them. Understand, I'm making this up...never done them in the oven.

SunnyDC 10-12-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandchick1 (Post 3519108)
My pleasure Gelene :)

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheezits.html

I love the pics of them. It gives you an idea of what they are suppose to look like. Hope you enjoy :chef:

Judy

yea i love seeing the pix to go with it. gotta try these soon. that linda, (the site founder), has the best recipes ever!

islandchick1 10-12-2010 07:20 PM

I just wanted to share this :lol:
All of my co workers are essentially my guinea pigs on the majority of the recipes I am trying out here :D
I am a pretty exceptional cook (toot toot - :lol:) so they are ALWAYS interested in what I bring to eat, be it breakfast, lunch, snacks, ect.
They know my WOE is Atkins so I LOVE breaking their misconceptions that Atkins is just meat and few choices :lol:
BTW, I made these cheese crackers at work today to go with my salad at lunch time. I sprinkled mine with black pepper and onion powder. The first batch went SO fast, I had to make ANOTHER so that I could have a few :lol:

sandyfanny 10-12-2010 07:35 PM

The Linda's Low Carb recipe for Cheese Crisps is delicious! (You grate the cheese first, put it in circles and then microwave it on parchment). They are addictive.

readyfreddy 10-16-2010 08:14 PM

Ok help! I've tried to make these twice now. No luck. What am I doing wrong.

1st time I used sharp cheddar slices on a plate. These just melted and then fried (they did not puff, they got super thin and hard with little bubble holes in them - no browning)

2nd I used wax paper (is this parchment paper?) and same thing, used sharp cheddar in small squares for the 65 seconds. they fried. super thin, super crispy, and completely unable to separate it from the paper.

so help! i really want to make these!

thanks

sandyfanny 10-16-2010 09:08 PM

Readyfreddy, first: You need Deluxe American Cheese Slices - whatever the brand it should say "Deluxe American Cheese Slices." Any cheese won't work. And parchment paper is NOT wax paper. Parchment paper may be with the various wraps (wax paper, aluminum foil, saran) or it may be in the baking section. The label, whatever the brand will read: "Parchment Paper."

You pretty much made Cheese Crisps, also on Linda's Low Carb site, which I love, but if you want the Cheez-its, you gotta do it her way.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

islandchick1 10-16-2010 09:56 PM

The parchment paper will keep them from sticking. I also use it at Christmas when baking cookies. It's almost impossible to burn or scorch the bottoms using it :)

readyfreddy 10-17-2010 03:09 AM

ah ok! thanks!!

StephanieM 10-17-2010 09:44 AM

One recipe she had also stated that the bags of pre grated cheese worked best. I'm not sure if this is the same one because there are a couple similar ones!

SunnyDC 10-18-2010 01:11 PM

i made some yesterday. just like a cheez-it!

islandchick1 10-18-2010 01:42 PM

I have used different seasonings on mine. I like black pepper, onion powder & chili powder real well. I also made some sprinkled with the basic Mrs.' Dash.
If you figure like this : 1 piece of cheese will make 16 smaller pieces. So 1 serving is 16 pieces = 60 calories and 1 carb :D I LOVE IT!