Still on induction - help?

• Hi All,

I am on week 3 of atkins now and in the first two weeks i lost 20lbs which i was amazed with however this week i have not lost a lb According to the scales (i use on of those paid for 20p ones in boots so that i can go once a week on the same day/time kinda like my own private weightwatchers weigh in lol) anyway the scales said the exact same weight this week and im wondering why this might be?
    I have had a look around the internet and alot of people have said things like sweetners, coke and coffee were the main issue but since starting atkins i have drunk nothing but water and so im not sure what the reason might be?
    Has anyone else had experience with this? I am kinda hoping this will just be a one week thing and i will catch up again next week but it has kinda put me on a downer this week after such a success in the first two weeks.

Thanks all xxx
  • Losing 20 pounds in two weeks is an incredible loss. No way your body is going to drop 10 pounds every week...remember, your body is going to seek balance. Relax, stay on plan and the weight loss will resume, but don't be disappointed if you don't lose 10 pounds a week or have weeks when the scale doesn't budge. You're doing great!
  • Quote: Hi All,

I am on week 3 of atkins now and in the first two weeks i lost 20lbs which i was amazed with however this week i have not lost a lb According to the scales (i use on of those paid for 20p ones in boots so that i can go once a week on the same day/time kinda like my own private weightwatchers weigh in lol) anyway the scales said the exact same weight this week and im wondering why this might be?
    I have had a look around the internet and alot of people have said things like sweetners, coke and coffee were the main issue but since starting atkins i have drunk nothing but water and so im not sure what the reason might be?
    Has anyone else had experience with this? I am kinda hoping this will just be a one week thing and i will catch up again next week but it has kinda put me on a downer this week after such a success in the first two weeks.

Thanks all xxx

That is incredible! Congrats!!!!!! I would be doing extra jumping jacks if that happens to me! I am only on week 1 of induction - you have inspired me to keep going. I agree with the comment above, you won't lose 10 lbs a week but stick with it and you will shed more weight over time. Don't forget to drink plenty of water to flush your system and get some exercise in. You'd be surprised how that can boost your weight loss numbers! Good luck!
  • thanks for the replies, i dont expect to loose 10lbs every week i just hope that i will loose again next week because when you have put all that effort in and the scales havent moved it is very disheartening
  • Stalls will happen, stick with it. I wouldn't get concerned unless it goes like that for more than three weeks.

I've have weeklong stalls and then drops all the time. Never 20 lbs in two weeks though! Wow, if I could lose 20 lbs by Christmas I'd be at goal.
  • I read on one of the sticky's that your body is still losing fat but retaining water.