Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW 175/140/125

Height: 5'5

Default Caffiene free diet coke?? Skipping induction?

Hey everyone,
Today is my 7 th day on induction and I getting sick of eating so much meat ao little veggies. So far I've lose 6 lbs and have another 15 max 20 to go. So I was wondering can I just skip induction and go onto ongoing weight loss and just up my carbs and start working out? I don't mind losing this weight slowly as my goal is 130 lbs by November 30th. Also is Caffiene free diet coke allowed? I haven't had one since starting but I would live to have one once a week. I really appeeciate the help.

Thanks kee
Keish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keish View Post
Hey everyone,
Today is my 7 th day on induction and I getting sick of eating so much meat ao little veggies. So far I've lose 6 lbs and have another 15 max 20 to go. So I was wondering can I just skip induction and go onto ongoing weight loss and just up my carbs and start working out? I don't mind losing this weight slowly as my goal is 130 lbs by November 30th. Also is Caffiene free diet coke allowed? I haven't had one since starting but I would live to have one once a week. I really appeeciate the help.

Thanks kee
Hello Kee,

I am a little confused when you say you are getting sick of so much meat and little veggies. During Induction, 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day should be coming from veggies & salads. The first rung of the carb ladder when you progress to OWL is veggies....its not just adding more of anything you want. You progress up each rung of the carb ladder slowly to learn how many carbs your body can tolerate to either continue losing or to maintain. As for the caffeine free diet Coke....its a no-no. Of course, there are those who drink it and don't have any issues with it...but...it is not recommended by Dr. Atkins.
I hope this helps!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW 175/140/125

Height: 5'5

Hi jersey. You're a life saver! What I
Mean is I love veggies and ita just that the three cups of it isn't enough for me. I am not saying I want to add back all the high carb ones. But I would like more Spinach which I love and 1 small tomatoe and some onions. So what I was thinking was to go to 30 grams ( just a thought) and see how that works. I don't crave anything at all any more but the veggies I crave more off. I need help deciding what I should do?

Kee
Keish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #4  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Could you stick out induction for 1the more week then up your veggies by 5the grams making a total if 25 grams carbs? But you have to do what is best for you.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keish View Post
Hi jersey. You're a life saver! What I
Mean is I love veggies and ita just that the three cups of it isn't enough for me. I am not saying I want to add back all the high carb ones. But I would like more Spinach which I love and 1 small tomatoe and some onions. So what I was thinking was to go to 30 grams ( just a thought) and see how that works. I don't crave anything at all any more but the veggies I crave more off. I need help deciding what I should do?

Kee
Kee,
Let me tell you something about veggies....green, non-starchy veggies never caused anyone to be fat. I never measure my veggies or my salad. That being said, be mindful of onions as they are "carby"....which does not mean you can't enjoy them, it just means you may want to limit how much of them you eat.
I hope this helps you decide what you need to do for you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #6  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm with you, Jersey Gyrl. The more spinach, lettuces, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, mushrooms, and asparagus I eat the more successful I am on Atkins. I also find that 4 or 5 ounces of meat or chicken is all I want in a single meal, so I tend not to eat lots of meat. I also like a veggie dinner with cheese as my protein a couple of times a week. I don't measure green vegetables, but I am aware of onions and tomatoes too.

For asparagus haters, have you ever eaten fresh asparagus? Sauteed in a little oil olive for just a few minutes and sprinkled with sea salt. It's NOTHING like canned. Yay for veggies!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote