any atkins soups?

• Im a BIG fan of soup and wnated if anyone had any recipies. Nothing to fancy as i dont wana spend a fortune on ingredients but basic ones that i can rumble up quick xx
  • check out sparkpeople.com (recipes).
  • I make a soup out of my brocolli and cauliflower stalks, and any other acceptable veggie and I cook them in chicken boullion, add some chicken and you have a meal... I sometimes use turnip root instead of potato, different cabbages, bok choy, green beans, Kale, spinach... Just what ever I have.... If you want a creamy soup you can add heavy cream in the end or even sour cream... YUM!!
  • Here is my regular:

Serving for one

Need small skillet and small sauce pan, 1 sl. bacon, veggies, onion of some kind, 1 egg, and meat or bone broth.

Heat in small saucepan:

1 - 1 1/2 c. Meat or bone stock, (I buy scrap fat and meat from the butcher for 99 cents per pound and make my stock from that.)

Add ca. 3/4 c. low starch veg (see '72 Induction list). I like to use frozen veggies as they are easy. Sometimes I use cabbage, as it costs less than frozen vegs.

When very hot, add one beaten egg and stir. Turn down fire to low. It's important not to overcook the egg. Can leave out egg, if wished.

Cook together in small skillet:

1 T. chopped chives or green onions (I use those because I grow them. Any onion will do, even dried.) Can use less or more, as wished.
    1 sl. bacon, (can rinse off salt first), cut in small pieces, cook slightly, not crispy

Mix together; I pour the broth and veggies from the saucepan into the skillet and mix, so that I get everything out of the skillet.

I eat this quite often.

Hope it's of use to you. It can be varied ad infinitum.
  • Check Linda's Low Carb Recipes and Menus for soups. Also check the Low Carb thread, "Recipes" section of the Atkins Forum. I posted a yummy French onion soup I made after eating up the pot roast. I think I posted it on the "What's For Dinner? A Place to Post" thread. Welcome and post often!
  • You could make a chicken soup with the "miracle noodles." Chicken broth, chopped cooked chicken, one package of the noodles, sliced green onion, sliced celery etc