Old 09-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #16  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I wouldn't bother giving it up if I was losing weight. BUt I am listening to the wisdom of those here, and the explanations about the carbs in the splenda, and am giving this a go. I don't how I have found the ability to keep going without results, but truly, I am desperate to lose some more weight.
Am pretty strict induction, just meat, a bit of cheese, and simple veggies, zucchini, cukes, lettuce, beans etc.
Menopause is playing havoc with my metabolism. and I am so frustrated.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/295/175

Height: 5'6'

I am so sorry its beeing so difficult for you!! I know it must suck. I hope you'll start seeing the results. I'm sure not having the sweetner can only be doing good fr your body. Maybe it will just take awhile to show it.

Very PROUD of you!!! Stay Strong!!
luckie13luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Hi fatmad! You have inspired me to try a sweetner free week. That combined with what was suggested to Sandy - a cheese free week. I'm trying to cut out most things that are processed as well. I'm only doing a work week (M-F) so hopefully I can make it!

I do have a few questions for you - how did your week end up? Did you lose? Do you feel any different? Are you still sweetner free?

Sorry to ask so many questions and I apologize if you've already posted these answers elsewhere that I missed. Thanks in advance for any insight!
AydaKenzington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #19  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I'm here, went up the carb ladder for a few days, I think I went too high up (40 g carb) too fast, have gained a couple of pounds. Did have some sweeteners for a few days too. So that may have made it worse. Back down to induction tomorrow. Its been a rough few days in general, working odd hours, sleep deprivation and not sleeping more than a few hours at a time. This is when its hardest to stick to plan, but I managed not to go too off plan today.

have a good day everyone.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote