Old 08-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #16  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost girl View Post
Hello Jersey Gyrl

Yesterday

AM - 2 cheese sticks
20 oz tea with 2 packs splenda
Later bottle water 16 oz
Mid day - 2 cups green salad with cheese and chicken
16 0z water
Dinner- 4oz chicken breast
2 cups green beans with butter
Ice tea 2 spenda packs
later 16 oz water

I lost 2 pounds and 2 inches this week, but I feel like it shoud have been more, I stick to the plan.
This is about what I eat every day. It don't change much.
Snacks 2 cheese sticks and water 16oz
I stay thirsty so I always have ice tea or water I drink alot.
Hi Ghost Girl

Looking over your menu, I'm going to be real honest, in my opinion, you need more FAT! Many have the misconception Atkins is a high protein plan when in reality, Atkins is a high fat plan.

Do you like eggs? Eggs cooked in butter, omelets or hard boiled eggs make a great breakfast! Add a few links of breakfast sausage or a few slices of bacon
Use oil & vinegar on your salad or a creamy ranch or bleu cheese or ceasar dressing. You can even add some sliced hard oil egg & some bacon to your salad to add more fat. You might also want to consider some raw veggies in your salad from the acceptable foods list. On Induction, you should be getting 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day from veggies & salads. You may want to consider a small salad with your dinner in addition to the green beans you're already eating.
When you say "cheese sticks", I'm going to assume you're referring to string cheese. Each stick is 1 oz., the limit for cheese on Induction is 3-4 ozs. If you're having 2 in the morning and another 2 as snacks, you've reached the limit for the day. Cheese is a known common "staller" (for me included).....so, you may want to limit cheese.
Splenda should be limited to 3 packets per day. Splenda, although prefered on Atkins, does cause stalling in some people.
I hope this is helpful to you.
Don't beat yourself up over losing 2 lbs or 2 inches....you are doing just great!!!
It's basically trial & error to find what works for you....and trust me, with time, patience and persistance, you will

All the best to you!!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 08-16-2010 at 05:35 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Thank you so much for the good information, I am not a morning person (Years of working third shift) so when I wake i feel like I need something
Usually One string cheese does the trick along with my tea.
I am not at all an egg eater, But I love Bacon.
Lets see how next week goes, I will try your suggestions Again Thanks so much. You guys have no idea
how much you are helping me.
Sandy no I am not at all hungry anymore, In fact it seems like I have reduced the portion size and the amount consumed.

Last edited by ghost girl; 08-17-2010 at 02:12 AM.
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:03 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

ghost girl~
The two fats that seemed to speed up my weight loss the most were butter and mayonnaise. Try to put as much butter and/or mayo on things you like that you can put them on...or in.....chicken/tuna salad...egg salad if you can manage the eggs in it..and toss some bacon in the egg salad too....veggies with lots and lots of butter, fish with butter slathered all over it. I always use butter...none of the other things with the chemicals in them.
As long as I made sure to eat a nice substantial amount of butter and/or mayo daily....the loss went well. Hehe....I've heard of people dipping hotdogs in mayo to get the fat in.....but you do have to get your fat in there to keep the loss up. Jersey Girl is right on the money with that.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #19  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

My favorite quick fat/protein snack: 2 all beef Hebrew National franks broiled. Dip in a mixture of grainy mustard and mayonnaise. YUM!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

You know, one thing I could never figure out was why, if even one grain of sugar in things would mess up my ketosis.......that I seemed to be able to eat mayo with sugar listed in the ingredients and also things like hotdogs that had verboten sugary-type preservatives in them. They never seemed to negatively affect the ketosis/loss for some darn reason.
I could never figure out the physiologic logic of this.

I did mainly go out of state to get this Duke's mayo that had no sugar in it.....but when I did use the ones with sugar, like Hellmann's, I had no problem with that either.

The one stall item that threw me was that some were sensitive to the mushrooms and could be stalled by them. I never had a problem with mushrooms....and in fact, loved to saute a whole batch of sliced mushrooms and sprinkle cheese on them...yum.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #21  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Duke's Mayonnaise is THE mayonnaise of southern cooking!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 AM   #22  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Sandy I didn't even think about the all beef franks, good tip.
Thanks again ladies.
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote