Old 07-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/186/160

Height: 5'6"

Question Food on a Typical Day (JerseyGyrl)

JerseyGyrl,

Have read your posts with great interest; they are so informative and encouraging. I have been limiting my carbs for the past few weeks, but have not gone Atkins fully. Have ordered the book, should get next week. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to post what your food is on a typical day. Again congratulations on your loss, you are an inspiration to us all.

Thanks in advance!!
Happy 4th!!
countrycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Countrycowgirl,
Thank you so much for your kind words.
I celebrated 6 years of doing Atkins this past April. I've always kept my eating pretty basic. A typical day looks pretty much like this:

Breakfast: 2 Hard Boiled eggs with mayo, 3 links of breakfast sausage or 3 strips of bacon, low carb/low sugar yogurt (NOT for Induction)
Lunch: Salad with 1 Tbsp sliced almonds (NOT for Induction) & a half can of water packed tuna or grilled chicken with 2 Tbsp Ranch dressing. I often put cold, cooked green beans or broccoli florets in my salad
Dinner:Usually some type of meat, chicken, pork or fish with a small salad & a green veggie (green beans, broccoli, spinach, zucchini, brussel sprouts)

Snacks are typically string cheese, hard boiled eggs, tuna salad and occasionally almonds (NOT for Induction). I also drink A LOT of water....typically 12-14 glasses a day.

If you are condsidering doing Atkins, reading the book before beginning the plan is critical.

You CAN do this!

All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/186/160

Smile Thanks for your post

:Jerseygyrl,

Thank you for replying to my post. I have ordered the book and will start the plan week after next. We are leaving for vacation this Friday; I am going to stay as low carb as possible while gone. I am gearing up to begin Induction on Monday the 19th. The only question I have is what brand of yogurt do you purchase (for after Induction). Thanks again for your reply, I am going to copy and print out for future reference; seeing what a real person is eating on the plan, helps me more than reading about what I should do. Having said that, I will follow your advice and wisdom and read the book throughly when it arrives. I have been eating low carb and tracking my meals now for 7 weeks, I have lost only 5.6 pounds, 2.5 of them over and over again; so I'm obviously doing something wrong.
countrycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycowgirl View Post
:Jerseygyrl,
I have been eating low carb and tracking my meals now for 7 weeks, I have lost only 5.6 pounds, 2.5 of them over and over again; so I'm obviously doing something wrong.
Not Jerseygyrl....and I don't play her on tv, but maybe I can help?

Can you post a few days' menus? That would be helpful in offering suggestions.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

One thing in what JerseyGirl posts that I think is really helpful when losing weight is that she pretty much eats from standard choices. I'm sure sometimes circumstances push her to change it up, but one thing I've always found really helpful in my dieting efforts (low carb or other) is to have 'standard' meals set up that I don't need to constantly re-think.

Right now my standard breakfast is 2 fried eggs, maybe or maybe not with a little bit of cheese (that's how I mix it up)

My standard lunch is usually a salad with some kind of meat thrown on it. I can have that at home, away, whatever. I don't need to torture myself looking at a menu.

If you look at what she said, even her dinners fit that - mine are a bit more varied, but still always within a clear framework. Last year I did some work on menu planning & identified about 30 dinners that suit my way of eating & that my family like too. I can always add potatoes, rice or pasta for them (although usually I don't bother)
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahinparis View Post
One thing in what JerseyGirl posts that I think is really helpful when losing weight is that she pretty much eats from standard choices. I'm sure sometimes circumstances push her to change it up, but one thing I've always found really helpful in my dieting efforts (low carb or other) is to have 'standard' meals set up that I don't need to constantly re-think.

Right now my standard breakfast is 2 fried eggs, maybe or maybe not with a little bit of cheese (that's how I mix it up)

My standard lunch is usually a salad with some kind of meat thrown on it. I can have that at home, away, whatever. I don't need to torture myself looking at a menu.

If you look at what she said, even her dinners fit that - mine are a bit more varied, but still always within a clear framework. Last year I did some work on menu planning & identified about 30 dinners that suit my way of eating & that my family like too. I can always add potatoes, rice or pasta for them (although usually I don't bother)
I completely agree. That is how I do my planning as well. I typically have fried eggs and bacon for bfast. This week it has been way too hot...and I have not been hungry in the morning, so I have taken a couple hardboiled eggs with me to work and have eaten them when I am hungry. Lunch is typically a salad with some sort of meat on it (usually leftovers from the night before) and dinner is usually a smaller meal including meat and veggies. Like the person above has said....find a way of making this eating fit your lifestyle and you will succeed. Jerseygyrl has done wonderfully.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycowgirl View Post
The only question I have is what brand of yogurt do you purchase (for after Induction).
I usually eat Dannon Light n Fit carb & sugar control vanilla yogurt. On occasion, I will splurge and buy Fage greek yogurt...but, its pricey.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #8  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

JerseyGyrl, congratulations on your six years of Atkins and your success!
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote