Old 08-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default New Atkins Book

Hi. Anyone have the new Atkins book? Was thinking on giving it a spin.

Thanks....
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

From what I have read you should try to find the old atkins book. I have the older version. The new book is a little different and pushes the atkins products i.e. shakes and atkins bars.

Hope this helps.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/227/150

Height: 5'6"

I have the new book and like it a lot, in fact I've read the whole thing. It really made me feel like I could sustain the program. It doesn't seem so restrictive. It also give good explanations for the program. I highly recommend it.
Amarillo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #4  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

JerseyGyrl says "NO" to the newer Atkins' books (after 2002 I think), but I haven't seen the one you may be referencing. It may be just what you need. How new is it? I'll check Amazon.com and see what's on Amazon...Title? publication date?

Last edited by sandyfanny; 08-20-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: clarification
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

In my opinion, the "new" book, New Atkins For A New You, is a great reference book. By that I mean, it gives a good scientific explaination of a low carb lifestyle. That being said, as far as the Atkins eating plan goes & the way to do it correctly, I am a firm believer in doing it the way Dr. Atkins himself wrote it. Sadly, once Atkins Nutritionals Inc. got their greedy mitts into the pot, Atkins bars & shakes were suddenly "appropriate for Induction". Dr. Atkins created those products to be used for emergencies, in situations when no other low carb options were available....not to be eaten on a daily basis.
I believe the "new" book has its place as it is a great explantion of how & why low carb works but....to truly do Atkins, that needs to come from the good Dr. himself.

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 08-20-2010 at 07:31 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Thanks Ladies. I found the 1992 copy at a used book store (looks like it was never opened) and will get the new one just to check out (I have a $3 rebate and a 33% off coupon for it).

I made the bar/substitute food mistake the first time with Atkins. I do like the bars for a quick breakfast though.

Enjoy what is left of summer....
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote