Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-b-q

• They have no nutrition information on their website, but I'm thinking maybe their pulled pork barbecue meat can't have carbs in it. It's just roasted, shredded meat as far as I know. What would you do? Eat it, or just not go there?
  • Nutrition / Calorie / Carb info for Smithfield's C & BBQ
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...od/smithfield/

This site may be helpful - it seems to be primarily the Smithfield products carried in grocery stores, but it's the same company, same food generally. The trouble here is in the BarBQue Sauce - 6 g. carbs in 1/4 c. of pork barbeque...that's barely enough meat for a sandwich. Most Atkins eaters would probably eat a cup of the cooked pork easily - 24 g. of carbs.

Although it's a vinegar-based sauce, there's plenty of sugar of some sort in there.
  • More info from Smithfield's site
    http://scnbnc.com/images/nutritionalinfopic.jpg

Note that it says "limited nutritional information," Maybe there's not as much sugar as I think in the pork sauce...maybe there's so little it doesn't have to be listed, but those 6 g. of carbs are from somewhere...
  • Best advice: Eat somewhere else...
    Although I'm a loyal NC BBQ lover, Smithfield's chicken and BBQ isn't the best choice for us, I'm afraid. The side dishes are loaded with sugar - even the coleslaw and potato salad. I love it, but it's way too much temptation for me. There's literally nothing on the menu that's on plan in induction, and that's my place for a while. Good luck!
  • Well dang! LOL!

I was hoping there wouldn't be any carbs in just the barbecue meat alone...but the links prove otherwise. Ah well! I suppose I could be industrious and make my own somehow. I just don't know how to make authentic, NC barbecue (and that's a shame, being I'm a North Carolina girl!)

Thanks for the help.
  • NC Barbecue Sauce for You!
    Look for Scott's Barbecue Sauce...it's a yellow label, red print and says "Red" in the left corner. It's made by Scott's Sauce Co. in Goldsboro, NC. www.scottsbarbecuesauce.com. I bought it at either Lowe's Foods, Food Lion or Harris Teeter.

It's 0 carbs and fat-free too, 0 calories, but it's great NC vinegar-based barbecue sauce. Good luck, girl, and cook you some pork.
  • Thanks! That sounds really tasty! I'm gonna get me some of that.
  • Scott's Barbecue Sauce
    You're very welcome. If it's too tart for you, of course you can add Splenda little by little until it's just right. Enjoy!