Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #496  

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!

I'm relatively new to this forum but very interested in low carb cooking (all types of cooking actually!)

Last night I made the cauliflower pizza that has been doing the rounds on the low carb forums, it was delish! My boyfriend liked it too, so it is a keeper in my house.

Today I had cheeseburger salad with homemade burgers and rocket salad. Also yummy! Good job I started this diet

Claire
Old 01-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #497  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Dinner tonight: green bean casserole, bacon-burger: ground sirloin steak with sauteed mushrooms, vidalia onions, topped with bacon. Yum!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Tonight I'm making spaghetti squash mixed with ground beef, sauteed onions, sauteed mushrooms, garlic, canned tomatoes, olives, topped with a sprinkle of cheese then baked.

edit: We posted at the same time!
My weight loss is not going great lately. I've been zigzagging in the high 230s for 2 weeks and haven't gone down since I had that big water weight whoosh. I don't know what I need to change in my diet...I cut down cheese, drink at least 60-80oz of water every day, and have drastically cut down on artificial sweetener. Maybe I need to cut it out completely.

Last edited by Linsy; 01-16-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #499  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Maybe you could post what you eat and drink for a couple of days and ask JerseyGyrl to take a look at it...are you snacking on high-sodium, prepared jerky, beef sticks, using deli meats, venturing into low-carb prepared foods, protein bars? I know those are stallers for many of us.

I'm not doing so well either. I'm staying on plan, but I think I'm eating too much - portions are probably too big. I don't know what I weigh...I haven't resolved the scale issue. I couldn't make myself go to Walmart today; I HATE Walmart. I'm feeling fat, though.

I thought walking again several times a week might help, but I don't think so. Must fix the scale issue! Are you walking or doing something for a little boost?

Hang in there, Linsy. We've come so far!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #500  

The spaghetti squash was bitter so I ended up having a stir-fry and it's so good. Chicken, broccoli, snow peas, soy sauce...mmm.

Sandy, I have been eating a few high-sodium items. The other day I had a slice of bologna, and a couple of slices of SPAM the other night (the most high-sodium horrible for you over-processed meat ever, yes. However, I love it and don't have it often so I ate a little bit). I also had a cup of broth the other night. This stir-fry I'm eating right now and tomorrow is high in sodium too.

Maybe I'll eat less sodium for 2-3 days (once this stir-fry is gone) and see if I start dropping again. I don't walk or exercise but I probably should.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #501  

Height: 5'7"

Linsy, I was just looking at your entries in the carb count thread. What stage are you in? Are you still at Induction? Your carb intake is still at Induction levels, isn't it? But your food choices and variety indicate a higher rung of OWL. Have you found your CCLL yet, or are you working on it? On another board I'm on, people will stop losing at induction levels of carbs and as soon as they add more in their body starts letting go of fat again. Something to think about.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #502  

For dinner tonight i've got Parmesan fried chicken and guacomole salad with roasted vegetables and rocket. I've also got some flaxseed crackers in the oven, photos will be on my blog if they turn out ok!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #503  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluvion View Post
Linsy, I was just looking at your entries in the carb count thread. What stage are you in? Are you still at Induction? Your carb intake is still at Induction levels, isn't it? But your food choices and variety indicate a higher rung of OWL. Have you found your CCLL yet, or are you working on it? On another board I'm on, people will stop losing at induction levels of carbs and as soon as they add more in their body starts letting go of fat again. Something to think about.
I eat foods that aren't allowed on Induction, like almond flour, but I only really eat when I'm hungry so my carbs end up being on the lower range. I was eating at 23-25 carbs per day and I was still stalling, so I suspect it's something that I'm eating and not the carb amounts. I'll keep that in mind, though. If cutting the aspartame doesn't work then I'll start tweaking carb amounts so I know which one it is.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #504  

Height: 5'7"

Okay Sounds like you have a handle on it then, good luck!!

claire - I made flax crackers today, they turned out a little less than cracker-like... how'd yours go?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #505  

Oh they turned out pretty well! I tried a little bit, not something you can eat on its own but with my strawberry quark mixture they'll be lovely! I'll take a picture in the morning! I am such a saddo, I take pictures of all my Atkins food before I eat it so it can be blogged for posterity!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #506  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This thread is over the 500 post limit. Time to start a new thread.
Closed Thread