3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Back Again (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/207251-back-again.html)

Violet73 07-15-2010 10:53 AM

Back Again

Hey everyone! I was here a lot in the beginning of the year and then I found out I have a gluten allergy and I was losing some weight just by following a gluten-free diet. I am back to Atkins again as I know I feel best on it. I can do this and gluten-free at the same time so I'm excited. I think sugar has slowed down my weight loss. I just started back on Atkins yesterday and already have no bloating. This is the way for me and I hope to have your support as I do this :) I feel this is what I need to do for the rest of my life! HOpe all of you are well :)

pattygirl63 07-15-2010 12:21 PM

Hi LeslieLou I haven't seen much going on the Atkins thread, but it would be nice if it were active. I am starting Atkins again too. I started Tuesday, but ate off yesterday when we ate out. So I guess I'm starting Induction today. I just found out I am diabetic 2 and I think Atkins will help get that turned around for me. I'm taking meds, not on insulin thank God. I don't ever intend to go that route if I can help it and I believe Atkins will help me there. I read what I could on Dr. Bernstein's website and decided if I was going to buy a book to just order Dr. Atkin's book. It will be here Monday. However, I got enough info off of his wifes website and read some of what JerseyGirl wrote and decided to go ahead and get started on Induction now.

I hope we can get a support group started here. It would be nice.

Have a good day.

Leenie 07-15-2010 12:44 PM

:welcome: back

Violet73 07-15-2010 01:17 PM

Hey Trish...sounds great to have support :)

Thanks Leenie :)

Torister 07-15-2010 04:26 PM

:welcome3:

You can never have too much support!! Post often! :D

Violet73 07-15-2010 09:00 PM

Thanks a bunch! :) I'm trying to adjust to no sugar in my coffee. I really don't wanna use artificial sweetners so I'm just drinking it black. It is definitely an adjustment :P

hairchick40v 07-16-2010 04:28 PM

Hey Leslielou!! We (my daughter and I) have been doin atkins for the last 7 1/2 weeks and we love.. She has lost 30 lbs and I have lost 20!! We are super excited and are really learning all sorts of different things to eat... I have to say I do use the artificial sweeteners in my coffee, with heavy cream... I also am totally addicted to Diet Coke, and I have been for 20 years.. My only vice, so I am keepin it for now.. Maybe I will tackle that if I ever get to the weight I want... Good Luck to ya!!

pattygirl63 07-16-2010 08:16 PM

I went to the primary doc today. He was very pleased that I am doing low carb as he said it should correct the high triglycerides which blood work showed was up and may even help my good cholesterol up. I had lost 3 lbs this month and my blood sugar was down, but not enough so he upped my diabetic medicine. Since I'm doing low carb, he didn't up my blood pressure meds because it had come down considerably just the last 2 days on low carb and should come on down without any more meds. I am very pleased to have found a doctor who knows how low carb works.

Leslielou I use Stevia which is supposed to be natural, but only use it once sometimes 2 times a day. I only drink decaf green tea now. Since I can't use a lot of sweetner on Atkins and can't seem to handle caffiene because of my blood pressure, I don't seem to enjoy my coffee as much since it has to be decaf. Although, I have to admit that when I get a desire for it the decaf does satisfies but have to use Stevia when I drink it.

Got my book today and I'm enjoying reading it.

Have a great weekend.

kaylasmom010 07-17-2010 10:15 AM

Congratulations Hairchick!!! My mom and I started Atkins together. She is a week into it already. I am 3 days in. It is not an easy diet, but it sure does teach you discipline. Keep up the good work.

Violet73 07-17-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairchick40v (Post 3390180)
Hey Leslielou!! We (my daughter and I) have been doin atkins for the last 7 1/2 weeks and we love.. She has lost 30 lbs and I have lost 20!! We are super excited and are really learning all sorts of different things to eat... I have to say I do use the artificial sweeteners in my coffee, with heavy cream... I also am totally addicted to Diet Coke, and I have been for 20 years.. My only vice, so I am keepin it for now.. Maybe I will tackle that if I ever get to the weight I want... Good Luck to ya!!

I am definitely missing something sweet. I'm thinking I will have to resort to artificial sweeteners for the time being. Tomorrow, I plan to buy some Diet Coke and sweetener for my coffee :P I can't stop too many things at once it seems! LOL!

Violet73 07-17-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 3390431)
I went to the primary doc today. He was very pleased that I am doing low carb as he said it should correct the high triglycerides which blood work showed was up and may even help my good cholesterol up. I had lost 3 lbs this month and my blood sugar was down, but not enough so he upped my diabetic medicine. Since I'm doing low carb, he didn't up my blood pressure meds because it had come down considerably just the last 2 days on low carb and should come on down without any more meds. I am very pleased to have found a doctor who knows how low carb works.

Leslielou I use Stevia which is supposed to be natural, but only use it once sometimes 2 times a day. I only drink decaf green tea now. Since I can't use a lot of sweetner on Atkins and can't seem to handle caffiene because of my blood pressure, I don't seem to enjoy my coffee as much since it has to be decaf. Although, I have to admit that when I get a desire for it the decaf does satisfies but have to use Stevia when I drink it.

Got my book today and I'm enjoying reading it.

Have a great weekend.

That's great news about your blood pressure! I have high cholesterol and I hope this brings it down.

pattygirl63 07-19-2010 12:40 AM

Well, I blew it the week end, but I'm starting back OP Monday. Actually started back OP Sunday evening. I checked my BS tonight and it is almost normal. I read some more from the Atkins book and I am convinced this is the way to go. I am bad about grabbing things that are quick, but when I get up in the morning I am going to cook some meat in advance that I can nuke and eat as snacks. I think I just need to plan ahead and get focused.
I have 5 weeks before going back to the doctor and would love to have things working a lot better.

Hope everyone has had a great week end.

Deena52 07-20-2010 10:26 AM

Hi LeslieLou!! :wave::wave::wave:

How are you, kiddo? I missed you guys. So glad to see you again. :carrot:

deena