Back in the fold....

• and I hope you'll let me in.
    I just went to a family wedding. I was shocked, embarrassed and disgusted (to speak frankly) of how I looked in some of the pictures. Y'all-I had NO IDEA I was this huge. I mean, I'd been calorie counting and exercising and feeling fit, but wow. I'm HUGE.
    I did Atkins in 2002. This past weekend, I dug up the folder I made full of recipes, carb counts, etc....
    I lost 40lbs in 2002 on Atkins. I guess I looked good-I got pregnant! After the baby, I did it again and lost 30lbs of pregnancy weight. Since then, I've been going up and up and up...
    I'm the heaviest I've ever been, and I'm ashamed. I hope you all will bear with me on my new journey.
    Day 1 on induction begins today....so far, so good.

Thanks for listening.
    Amy
  • Yay Amy !! glad your on plan. How is it going?
  • Your not alone, in the goin on and goin off Atkins.. I am guilty of doin that as well!! I have been doin It for 6 weeks almost, and we are felling great, losing slowly, but feeling great!!!

Welcome back!!
  • You can do it!! I am just starting- however I am starting in Owl as I have been lowcarbing for a while! Hang in there!!!
  • Welcome back! It was pictures of me that made me realize how big I had become as well. I have tried many diets in the past but Atkins is the only thing I can stick with!
  • Quote: and I hope you'll let me in.
    I just went to a family wedding. I was shocked, embarrassed and disgusted (to speak frankly) of how I looked in some of the pictures. Y'all-I had NO IDEA I was this huge. I mean, I'd been calorie counting and exercising and feeling fit, but wow. I'm HUGE.
    I did Atkins in 2002. This past weekend, I dug up the folder I made full of recipes, carb counts, etc....
    I lost 40lbs in 2002 on Atkins. I guess I looked good-I got pregnant! After the baby, I did it again and lost 30lbs of pregnancy weight. Since then, I've been going up and up and up...
    I'm the heaviest I've ever been, and I'm ashamed. I hope you all will bear with me on my new journey.
    Day 1 on induction begins today....so far, so good.

Thanks for listening.
    Amy
    This is a few days later, how r u doing on ur induction? I started yesterday, doing good so far! I find when I get low carb headaches if I take an excedrin migrain at 1st sign then it goes away. Must b the little bit of caffine in it, but no calories! Good luck.
  • HI Amy! You can do this! You have already proven to yourself you can. The hardest part is getting going and staying consistent.