Old book vs. new book??

• Wanted opinions on the old book vs. the new book... I have the newest book written by some other docs name the new Atkins for the new you... I also got a copy of the OLD book written by Atkins himself.. There is alot of differences... Which one did you follow???
  • Quote: Wanted opinions on the old book vs. the new book... I have the newest book written by some other docs name the new Atkins for the new you... I also got a copy of the OLD book written by Atkins himself.. There is alot of differences... Which one did you follow???
    I follow Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (the 2002 version).
    For me, doing Atkins correctly means doing it the way Dr. Atkins wrote it
  • Funny i was wondering the same thing.
    thanks for asking this question.
    looking forward to the answers.
  • I bought the new book, till I can find the old book.
    Now to actually read it.
  • I found the old one on Amazon.com.....They are quite a bit different, I think either would work!! I love the no carb lifestyle.. I wish my weight would come off quicker, but I didn't put it on over night, so I know it won't come off overnight!!
  • I found the hardcover copy of the 2002 version at the Goodwill. I think I paid a $1
  • I have the original book from the 1970's! I love the simplicity, although it did not explain the science behind LC like the later editions did. Still, to me Atkins is the original book and still my favourite version.
  • now i have the new one and the 1972 version. what a difference.
    still looking for the 2002.
  • Thanks for the input y'all.. I like both versions!!
  • The newest one (out this year 2010) is quite updated with new science and written by doctors who treat their patients with low carb diets in real life today & is quite good in my opinion. Unlike some of the other editions of the Atkins books, this new one is not a giant infomertial for the Atkins bars & shakes.

If Dr A were alive he'd have to adjust his approach for new science & new findings in his own practice (which is what he did when he was alive) so the new book has merits on that front.

I'm more of a self-styled diet person however - my biggest inspiration was Gary Taubes Good Calories, Bad Calories & the low-carb (ketosis inducing levels) that he describes - written about by Banting, Atkins & others, and continued in research by some of the authors of the newest Atkins book). I don't claim to be an 'Atkins' disciple, just a fellow low carber!