3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Any tips? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/204353-any-tips.html)

hannah11 06-11-2010 12:52 PM

Any tips?

Hi everyone,
I'm on day three of my low-carb diet and haven't fallen off the wagon yet!:D This is the longest I have gone without failing miserably, and I feel great about myself (aside from the headache). However, this is incredibly hard for me and I have come so close to just stuffing myself with carbs. Do the cravings get easier? Does anyone know of any tips to stop yourself from falling off the wagon? Also, does eating fruit that is high in sugar significantly stall the weight-loss, even though it is significantly better than junk food carbs?
Thanks!

JerseyGyrl 06-11-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hannah11 (Post 3336133)
Hi everyone,
I'm on day three of my low-carb diet and haven't fallen off the wagon yet!:D This is the longest I have gone without failing miserably, and I feel great about myself (aside from the headache). However, this is incredibly hard for me and I have come so close to just stuffing myself with carbs. Do the cravings get easier? Does anyone know of any tips to stop yourself from falling off the wagon? Also, does eating fruit that is high in sugar significantly stall the weight-loss, even though it is significantly better than junk food carbs?
Thanks!

Hi Hannah and :welcome2: to Atkins!
The best advice I can give you to stop yourself from falling off the wagon would be to keep your Atkins book available at all times. That book should literally be your bible. Refer to it anytime you are unsure of anything, no matter how minor you may think it is. The other tip I would give you, is to keep variety in your eating. Check out the recipes on this site. I'm sure you'll find plenty of delicious recipes that will help keep you on track and the one's marked with an * are induction friendly:)
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html
As far as fruit, it is not permitted during Atkins Induction. It is added slowly back to your eating during the 2nd phase of Atkins known as OWL (On Going Weight Loss) according to the carb ladder, with berries & melon being first.
You CAN do this!!!
All the best to you!!:)

hairchick40v 06-12-2010 08:22 AM

I have been doin atkins for 3 1/2 weeks now, and I love it.. Like Jersey girl said... I keep a copy of the book around, have a atkins carb counter small version in my purse and I make sure if we are not at home, I am prepared, by either choosing a restaurant ahead of time that I know the menu or, I take food with me!! I have lost 14 lbs, and my daughter has lost 20, oh to be young again!! We eat anything on the acceptable induction list, and only that!! If you feel headachy or weak, drink a cup of chicken bouillon!! Book suggests it and it really works!!! Has 5 calories and 1 carb, makes the headache go away almost instantly! I drink one cup a day for afternoon snacks.. I am having NO food cravings, although I still struggle with bored eating, but now I do pork rinds and cheese!! Good Luck to you... If you don't have the book... I would get one ASAP!! I don't think you can do "Atkins" successfully with out having read the book!!

JerseyGyrl 06-12-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairchick40v (Post 3337226)
If you don't have the book... I would get one ASAP!! I don't think you can do "Atkins" successfully with out having read the book!!

Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, 2002 or prior versions....not the "new book".

Me Too 06-12-2010 11:16 AM

Why the 2002 book and not the *new one*?
just wondering.

JerseyGyrl 06-12-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me Too (Post 3337400)
Why the 2002 book and not the *new one*?
just wondering.

Hi Karen:)
I am die hard Atkins. When it comes to Atkins, if Dr. Atkins didn't write it...I don't put much stock in it. The "new" book is an interpertation, it was not written by Dr. Atkins himself. It is someone else's take on the Atkins lifestyle.
The authors have lost focus of ketosis, they've encouraged the use of Atkins shakes & bars straight from the Induction phase, they've added sodium in the form of broth, soy sauce etc., they allow caffeine. This is not at all what Dr. Atkins instructed for his plan.
Personally, I'll stick with Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002 or prior:)

Me Too 06-12-2010 02:23 PM

thanks Jerseygirl, kind of like if its not broke why fix it.
I joined the Atkins forum and they only go by the 2002 book too.
Amazon here I come.