3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Hating myself! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/204305-hating-myself.html)

Kristi82 06-10-2010 10:20 PM

Hating myself!

:(So I have been on induction for 3 weeks and yesterday I had a family ruinion and took the plunge into eating wayy to many carbs! I feel horrible! Today I even fell off the wagon and continued eating carbs not as bad as yesterday but way more than I should have. Usually I cheat within the first couple of days, I just feel horrible for going 3 weeks and ruining it on some cake and chips!!! AHHH...Tomorrow I am pledging myself to continue induction another 3 weeks and not cheat at all!! I feel horrible emotionally and physically.. It is pretty bad when your body is telling you to stop eating the carbs! What is wrong with me?

LotusMama 06-10-2010 11:09 PM

I am not on Atkins (or even on a low carb plan), but I am guessing that falling off the wagon has happened to everyone here (myself included). There is nothing "wrong" with you; going off of plan happens from time to time to many people. What is critical, though, is get right back on the wagon. Do not use this as permission to blow everything. Just get back up, dust yourself off, and move on.

You can do this!

Cheers,

J

GoldenLeaf 06-10-2010 11:23 PM

Jillian Michaels quote:

“If you have a flat tire, are you going to get out of your vehicle and slice the other three tires, or are you going to get out change the flat, get back in your car and keep moving?”

Don't know if those are the exact words, but words to that effect. It's pretty good advice and a quote I remember if I ever stray off-course a little.

And don't hate yourself.

Rosinante 06-11-2010 10:06 AM

Do not hate yourself. You ate cake, you didn't kill puppies.

You still had 3 weeks on plan, with 2 days at the end not: that's more success than not.

Carbs (for me, I cannot speak for anyone else) are the most addictive thing in the world: by carbs I mean the processed cake and cookie kind, not the good kind in veggies. A couple of bites and I could eat the European Carb Mountain without it touching the sides. That's maybe why you still ate more carbs than you should have on the second day - carbs just lead to carb-yearning.

On the other hand, if you feel horrible physically after eating the wrong kind of carbs and too many ~ Hallelujah! you have a body that knows what the right thing for it is. Listen to it!

Good luck with the next 3 weeks!

imstuffed 06-15-2010 03:54 AM

I'm a carb addict too and can relate to that horrible feeling when you mess up and then just cant stop. If I eat carbs it makes me feel sick too. I guess it's just your body asking WTF are you giving me now ;)

Fair play for sticking to it though, going back to induction is the best thing you can do!

Kristi82 06-15-2010 10:42 PM

Thanks everyone! I have been doing much better back on induction havent lost anything yet but im not giving up! I plan to start exercising and hope to see better results!

sarahinparis 06-21-2010 04:45 AM

I agree w the others to not over-dramatize a day or two off plan. It's called LIFE and if you're going to be a long term success story, you're going to have lots of days like that sprinkled among the many months (and years) of success. Over time you'll learn to make those off-path moments shorter and less deep, but the most important single strategy is this "forgive yourself & move on".

I'd also recommend avoiding the scale for a few days - cheating on low carb is not for the faint of heart - that big drop in the scale in the early days of low carb is water weight, and when you cheat you gain that back (and back on track you'll lose it again) but you can get some pretty violent upswings on the scale from just one off meal, so keep a long-term view!

gerly1 06-22-2010 08:44 AM

I am a carb addict too and know just how you feel. It is a little rough in the beginning but it does get much much better! You can pull through this.

Torister 06-24-2010 11:08 AM

Get right back on plan...drink PLENTY of water...and don't look back!! No worries! If you can't help looking at the scale...if your weight is up...it is water and will soon be gone by getting back on plan! :hug: