Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #1  
Live for life and enjoy

S/C/G: 189/cw 187/goal weight 135

Height: 5'6

Default New TO Atkins

Hi guys well I have been reading about atkins and ordered my first book and its coming on saturday, any advice I have a friend who did atkins and got to her goal, can anyone share a meal plan and how they go about snacks and eating out, thanks
latinhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

Hello and welcome! Hopefully your book arrives tomorrow. It has some sample menus for you to look at. Eating out really isn't too bad. If you canm hop on-line and check out their menu ahead of time, that is the best. Some restaurnats will have the nutritional values listed. I eat both breakfast and lunch at work. The best advice I can give you is to prepare ahead of time. I pack an entire weeks work of breakfast and lunch and take it to work so I am set for the week. If you like boiled eggs, make sure you always have some handy - that makes for a quick, realiy available snack. Same with string cheese. Another thing - just stick out induction. For some people the first few days can be tough. The way I see it, I can handle just about anyting for a few days. Log into this website daily - these guys are wonderful inspirations and can answer your questions. Good luck!
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Eating out isn't bad at all. I eat out usually once a week. I get some sort of protein: steak, chicken breast, salmon and a side of veggies or salad. Or Caesar salad. It's really not to difficult. Check the menu ahead of time and you'll be ok. I'm lucky, the restaurant down the street that we frequent has what they call the Farmer's Caesar Salad: Spinach, with blackened chicken, 2 hard boiled eggs, grilled asparagus, mushrooms and peppers. It's divine! I love it and would probably order it if I wasn't on low carb.

Last edited by shantroy; 04-16-2010 at 05:44 PM.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #4  
Live for life and enjoy

S/C/G: 189/cw 187/goal weight 135

Height: 5'6

Default eating is not that bad

the menus so far that I have found are really good and the only thing that leaves me a bit worried is breakfast I love eggs but not every morning trying to think of ways to make breakfast interesting,
latinhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

Here is a recipe I use daily. I add cinnamon to my dry ingredients. It is ok for induction too. I add a little cream cheese when it is finished. People at work stood arund the microwave when I was making it - they were shocked at how good it turned out.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/misc...te-muffin.html
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote