Old 11-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #136  
Come on 20!!!

S/C/G: 184/174/125

Height: 5'2"

I have been so sick these last few days. I am constantly coughing and it is not a pretty sight. My abs have definitely had a workout lately.

A friend made me some chamomile tea with honey and lemon in it. She said it would help with what had settled in my chest. I feel absolutely horrible. I went to the store and bought SF Robitussin. The flavor isn't too bad. I honestly thought it would work a little better than it has.

For the last 2 days my hubby and I were trying to find a woman's softball team to sponsor for next year. We thought we had one guy's team set and ready to go. Amazing thing he turned it down because he didn't want to give up his team's name to go with our name. He even asked if he could be Bully's/Blue Tiger. For a $3000 sponsorship we told him no. He owns a construction company and is not a current sponsor. They are considered a "Merchant Team". Basically, they go around to different merchants in the city and ask for money for their tournaments. We were told they were looking for a permanent sponsor. Oh well, I don't know too many people that would turn down $3000. I guess he is now one of them. Well as soon as he sent an email saying thanks, but, no thanks.... I called another team and they were already on board. Took all of 2 minutes for the other team to decide. Not only that, they are already gathering up their hat and shirt sizes for me. When I told them that they would have to be known as Blue Tiger Softball they were like NO PROBLEM Last season they were known as Team 2010.... can you imagine if we agreed to the terms with the coach of the other team to have a girls team called Blue Tiger Bully's.... now that has all sorts of bad connotations all about it. Oh well, I wish the other team luck.

I am glad all that is settled though.

AppleBuddy
sail7seassoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #137  
Come on 20!!!

So, my new managers haven't said anything, I think they are just looking at my results. Just yesterday my boss told me how everyone was against her. I had made cinnamon rolls for a coworker and my boss ended up eating one. She had just started in on low carb along with another of my bosses. I didn't know this when I had brought in the cinnamon rolls. I made them with whole wheat flour, splenda, eggs, and butter. Not the best for you but, not as bad as bleached white flour, and regular sugar. I also made them with cream cheese frosting. Oh well, when she got home that night her mother had made cranberry stuffed cinnamon rolls. Not my fault.

I have kept as much on plan as my tummy has allowed. I have added either vinegar or salsa to all my meals, only because if I don't I can't taste anything and I eat more to feel satisfied. So after about a week of OVER-eating I finally had to add one or the other to feel that kind of satisfaction of having a good meal. Cut me back on the calories I was consuming.... definitely. However, most of my meals have just not stayed in my tummy very long anyway. At least they were a bit tastier going down. kinda.

I am going to try and stick to eggs and sausage. It seems my body processes these items pretty quickly compared to bacon. TMI.... sorry.
For dinner I have been having either chicken noodle soup which I made a huge batch of on Sunday or tacos. I use that dreamfields penne pasta for the soup and low carb tortillas for the tacos.

I read on another thread about some Tequila Lime Chicken wings from Tyson. I found a bag at the Walmart here and I was surprised that I didn't care for the flavor. This is coming from someone who eats them to survive...lol. Not sure what flavor is in it that I am not liking. Oh well, I am sure that applebee's wings aren't the best in the world but they are pretty tasty. I like 'em hot hot hot!!

AppleBuddy
Old 11-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #138  
Come on 20!!!

I have been sick now for almost 2 months.... hubby is feeling so bad for me. I am on the last leg of it thank goodness. I was adding vinegar or hot sauce to all my foods just so that I could taste it. I was also unable to keep most of my meals down for the longest time.

I am feeling a bit better though. I wanted to pop on and wish everyone a happy thanksgiving. I am going to make a Pumpkin Cheesecake. MIL is going to be hosting Thanksgiving this year. YAY ME!!

AppleBuddy
Old 12-12-2010, 03:35 AM   #139  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Hey there! Long time no posting from me, but just wanted to stop by and say "herroooo!" and hope that you're doing well. In a strange twist of synchronicity, (and provided the last perfunctory interview goes well) I stand to start orientation on Tue for a job at..... (wait for it).... Applebee's! It was a choice almost solely driven by location (close to my house) but thought of you.

Take care!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #140  
Come on 20!!!

I can't believe how long it's been. I am starting my next 20 pound loss... I ended up still being sick for quite a few months longer... and then got busy with life... got sidetracked but nothing horrible... haven't gone to the gym in awhile. I have been doing stuff at home to get in some form of exercise. I am still walking to work. I work Monday thru Friday during the day now and on some days I even walk home. I am still lingering around 175/180 but that had fluctuated to more and less over the last couple of years.

Yesterday:

Breakfast
3 Eggs

Lunch
2 Cups Mixed Greens
1 Tablespoon Bleu Cheese Dressing
1 Tablespoon Bacon Bits
6 Ounces Diced Chicken with Chile Lime Sauce (Applebee's)

Dinner:
9 Ounce Sirloin Steak
7 Grilled Shrimp
2 Ounces Parmesan Topping

While away I didn't follow up with owl, I was sicker (sic) than I thought and had a harder time finding foods my body would function on. But I'm back and ready for induction... definitely going to be reading my atkins book again.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #141  
Come on 20!!!

Not alot going on today... weighed in 1.6 pounds down from yesterday and hopefully I can stay on track to losing .3 pounds per day. Right now I'll bank the other 1.3 pounds for my plateau days lol.

I walked my 3 miles to work this morning and felt good until about 2pm and then I had the most horrible lower back pain. I'm home right now resting on my rocking chair and stretching out my back. It was really slow today so I wasn't tempted by plate after plate of yummy deliciousness... I didn't really have much of an appetite until later in the afternoon.

Breakfast:
3 Fried Eggs

Lunch:
1 Cup Salad Greens (wasn't very hungry)
1 Tablespoon Bleu Cheese Dressing
1 Tablespoon Bacon Bits
7 Grilled Shrimp

Dinner: (I surprised my hubby by telling him we were having salad for dinner)
6 Ounce Grilled Chicken Breast
2 Tablespoons Caesar Dressing
2 Cups Romaine Lettuce
2 Strips of Bacon, chopped

Then tonight rest, rest, rest, and more rest
Old 07-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #142  
Come on 20!!!

Wow, what a long day! It was so slow at work today that it made it seem even longer.

I woke up around 7 this morning to make some roadtrip cookies for my boss. They're her favorite cookies, I had the ingredients so I obliged. I only make them once or twice a year so this really was a surprise for her, since she asks me for them all the time.

I missed out on breakfast since I was trying to get the cookies done before she left for vacation at noon. So when I got to work I made myself an omelet for lunch. It contained one slice of deli style hame (thin), mushrooms, bacon, and cheese. Pretty yummy

Lunch ended up being a rum and diet coke with lime haha you love it!

Last night's dinner was a huge chicken caesar salad. I grilled off three pounds of chicken and am pretty stocked up for tonight's dinner, I just have no idea what to make for tonight. Maybe chicken tacos or maybe a chicken roll up with a lc tortilla. The tortillas I have are 6g net carbs.

Right now hubby is napping and I'm just relaxing. Later we have a customer coming over to get some work done. We still have our embroidery business, in fact, we expanded and now we also do heat transfer, sublimation and vinyl cutting. We took the business out of our downstairs and now it is all located in our garage. We are still as busy as ever with all of our multiple jobs and try to still find the time for each other. Hubby was even surprised I didn't take a nap with him. lol I missed this website so much I just decided I would post instead of nap.

During my two year absence from 3fatchicks not much went on. I just went into a little depression and of course we were busy. I'll read through my last couple of posts and see where my life had left off and maybe see if an update is really in order.... because I know how much everyone wants to read about my life haha just kidding.

Oh I almost forgot I am down another 2.4 pounds! I suppose I should have started off my post with that LOL.... ah well, it's not about the weightloss it's about the getting healthy, weightloss is just an added bonus to doing the atkins woe.

Applebuddy
Old 07-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #143  
Come on 20!!!

Woke up this morning at 8am to do laundry. I was in desperate need of work clothes lol.

Hopped on the scale and am down another 1.4 pounds That makes 5.6 pounds down since Monday. I'll take whatever I can get.

Last night's dinner ended up being a low carb tortilla, grilled chicken breast, and a some mayo. Ok quite a bit of mayo lol

I have been drinking quite a bit of iced tea lately and also water but I seem to be enjoying the iced tea more than my water, not really sure why since I really enjoy the taste of an ice cold water.

Today I get to work a double. Lovely huh? Doubles are really hard when you are trying to get all your meals in I think I'll have four meals today instead of my normal three so that I don't get too famished before I get home and eat my house lol. Tricky part is actually getting four meals in. So I'll do today's menu with a timeline.

1030am
4 slices of bacon
Scrambled Eggs

1230pm/130pm
2 Cups Salad Mix
6 Ounces Diced Chicken with ChimiChurri Sauce
1/4 of a LC Tortilla (cut into strips and fried)
No dressing

400pm
Grilled Chicken Breast
Broccoli
Mayo

900pm
9 Ounce Sirloin
7 Grilled Shrimp
Parmesan Topping

All the fat and protein should keep my metabolism up all day and also keep me satisfied between meals.

Applebuddy
Old 07-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #144  
Come on 20!!!

What an up and down couple of days...lol Friday morning was up .2 pounds Saturday morning down .2 pounds and then this morning up .2 pounds...lol

Wish I could say that I was even stevens but nope... up .2 pounds... hopefull tomorrow morning will result in something a bit more positive
Old 07-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #145  
Come on 20!!!

UGH TOM sucks.... up down up down... up again 5 pounds!!

Double today. I see lots of water in my future lol. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Breafast:
Chicken Breast
I have no veggies or eggs but plenty of leftover chicken

Lunch:
WINGS sound awesome!!

Dinner:
not really sure... I'm thinking around 930 so may do chicken and broccoli

This is a busy week for me so I hope to lose this water weight quickly!

Worked most of Friday came home and went right to bed... although I did have 3 rum and diets with lime to help with naptime Woke up and then went right back to bed.

Saturday we went out to Silverdale to look at some sewing machines, none were in our price range at the moment. Stopped into one of those major hobby stores and noticed they didn't have any girly things in there. I thought I would at least find some cool dollhouse items, nope. Afterwards we went to the Muckleshoot Indian Ballpark to watch a softball tournament that a few friends were playing in and had a good time. We wanted to go to the drive-in but the games were running late and hubby wanted to watch a couple of players he's thinking of picking up for next year. After all that we ended up just having dinner at Famous Dave's Rib tips no sauce and Naked wings PERFECT!

Sunday hubby and I should have stayed home but I had to work that morning. I worked from 9am-130pm. Went out to BabiesRUs for a baby shower gift and then all the way back to work for me to drop it off with a coworker, then all the way to the ballfields to scout a guy who didn't play... wasted day I say, wasted day!!

This week we have quite a bit to get done before the weekend gets here. Hopefully my hubby plans our time well so we're not up at 1am on Friday completing projects.

Applebuddy
Old 07-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #146  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like you're super busy! Glad you're doing well and staying on plan. Hope you have a good day!
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote