Old 03-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Default where the heck is everyone?

HELLO!!? Where are all my Atkins buddies? Leslielou, Lori, honeybjones, firefly and a bunch of others? And how are all you guys doing?

Please check in. And go check my new/latest photo on my thread when you get a chance.

It really DOES slow down after the post New Years surge...doesn't it? That making of resolutions really did cause a huge influx of new members just like others said it would.....but I didn't think it would slow down this quickly.

Of course, I'm a hot one to talk....since I've gone MIA a few times myself.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hey Deena,
I'm still here & going strong on Atkins
I'll be celebrating my 6 year atkins-versary in about 3 and a half weeks!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #3  

Height: 6-1.5

I'm not one of the buddies on your list, but I am following atkins, and I look at 3 fat chicks nearly every day.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #4  
Re-newbie

S/C/G: 161/139/128

Hello beautiful Deena! Your pictures are inspiring. I'm still here, too, moving right along and maintaining my enthusiasm. I really depend on this place to keep me motivated.

JerseyGyrl -- 6 years! Way to go! I hope to be looking back six years from now, too, with my own anniversary.
firefly68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #5  

Well thank goodness you guys are here....I was worrying it was just gonna be Jason and me.

And Kim....because I KNOW I can count on you to be here, Kim. Heck, you've been here since 2006! So I don't worry to much about you abandoning us. You're like the leader with all the wisdom here. We're really lucky to have you...many of the other diets don't have this on their forums...someone extremely knowledgeable about the plan, lost weight and has kept it off.

Hehe....wish you guys could have seen me in my 20's or 30's...back before my face fell. I hate the saggy jowls.....I look just like my mom did...she looked quite a bit younger than she was...except for the sagging face/jowls thing.

Ya know, every time I go on the board to read, I always come across an interesting topic that makes me think. Today, I came across a post where a member related others asking her how she lost weight at her job but that they seemed quite disappointed when she told them that she lost it by eating less and exercising. And she felt that most of them were looking for a magic pill, etc.....which I agreed with.

But then I went over to this one forum where the folks are on this "Wonderslim" diet (I'm not even sure of what it is and will have to look it up but it's clearly one of those plans where you buy most of your meals from the company...sorta thing). So I started mulling over why a certain percentage of people also look for some magical plan that will work....not necessarily a magic pill or magic cookie.......but when someone repeatedly tries to lose weight and keeps having no/not much success, one begins to want someone to TELL them exactly WHAT they can and cannot eat.

And I can totally relate to this also. Atkins was magic for me.....why I insisted on using it again this time. I do realize that I clearly have serious symptoms of a carb addict and this may be why THIS WOE works SO well for me whereas all the others don't.

And when I could not get Atkins to work for me after I went off the medication that altered/shut down my metabolism....I was never looking for a magic pill or anything.....I just wanted to know WHAT item was now being a problem for me.

I think people who want to lose weight actually range from wanting a fast, magical solution.....all the way to those who just want someone to tell them what they can and cannot eat. I don't think all dieters are necessarily looking for a magic solution.......when I really think about it.

deena
Old 03-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Not on the list, but I am still here...staying on plan and feeling great since starting Atkins in November of 2008!

I check in with the 3FC site every day!

Last edited by Torister; 03-22-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/190/140

Height: 5'8"

I was never a regular... But I'm still here now and then. :]
Rythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #8  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena52 View Post
......but when someone repeatedly tries to lose weight and keeps having no/not much success, one begins to want someone to TELL them exactly WHAT they can and cannot eat.
For me it was a discovery process to find out what would work for me. After years of going the calorie counting/low cal, low fat, low taste route I finally discovered that I needed to cut down on carbs. Tried the meal replacements and South Beach and finally ended up with Atkins seven months ago.

Because I do have a tendency to read into general instructions and customize diets I really needed stringent and specific instructions to get on the right track. Atkins Induction was just the ticket. Even OWL is fairly specific if you do it right. For me, it was like diet boot camp in the beginning. It was just what I needed.

I do see many dieters that want someone to tell them exactly what to eat and how to cook the foods and make up their menus each and every day for them. Some people are not willing to do the work involved.
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #9  

YAY! 3 more Atkins gals.

All of you are doing great on your weight loss! Congratulations!

I do hope Lori, Caroline and Honeyb show back up again. I kinda went MIA for a few days and since I've been back, they've not been here.

Mizski, I totally agree and the exact same thing happened to me. I kept trying calorie counting diets and could not figure out why I couldn't get them to work for me. I almost became frantic....felt like, "PLEASE somebody, tell me WHAT to eat". I could not figure out what the problem was. Not to mention, I was starving all the time, in addition to getting poor results.

Finding Atkins was a huge gift for me. I went from frantic and desperate to happy. No more starving, good results....had my little bible, my Atkins Diet Revolution and knew exactly what to eat. I was so thrilled. And Atkins has been my diet ever since....since the early 90's.

deena
Old 03-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/194/160

I have been lurking and posting on a rare occassion since January. I have lost 25 pounds since Jan. 3 and am feeling so much better for it. Still a ways to go but I continue to be motivated. I have made it a lifestyle not a diet and it is working for me.

I have even had a cookie and a small piece of cake on occassion and then stepped back and said "Ok, that was good and it was enough". Before, when I dieted, if I had a cookie I would feel like I failed and then say to heck with it. As a lifestyle, I can say "Ok, that was good, but not so good I need another one" and I carry on with my lifestyle. No guilt.

Granted, in 3 months I have only had one cookie and one small piece of cake ... so it could be worse. I am still losing so I think thats what counts.

What I love too is that I don't crave sweets or if I do I have learned to wait it out for a bit and it always passes. I don't have any of those terrible sugar lows that I used to have .... and I am really not hungry most of the time.
Shells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #11  

I'm still here! I have had a lot going on lately .....saw my new doc yesterday and I get to still eat beef! I have to definitely avoid gluten....which I can do cause I've been doing Atkins but also there is hidden gluten in things so I have to be very careful. I'm just thankful I dont have to give up my hamburger patties I will probably do my own form of low-carb though as I love fruit and some great fruits are gonna be in season soon.....so we will see how it goes! Deena...where is your photo thread?

Last edited by Violet73; 03-23-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

Ditto - Deena I'd love to look at your pics too!
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 176/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Hi all,

I'm still here too even though I haven't posted in a while. I still hovering around 160 pounds, darn! I have not cheated, been getting most of my carbs from veggies but I have realized that I have to lower my calorie intake due to menopause which is a HUGE staller for me. I was thinking of buying a supplement L-Carnitine as Dr. Atkins recommends that when a person is having obstacles..

Also, I finally got my sauna and I love it! It's so relaxing and I do sweat so much! I could fall asleep in it.. I didn't buy it for weight loss, I bought it for detoxing. If I happen to lose a little extra, well, that would be great but that was not my intention for getting one. I only got it last week after all this time (lots of red tape involved) so it's too early to tell.

Hope everyone else is doing great and JerseyGirl, congratulations on 6 years, wow, that's so wonderful!!

Toby
TobyThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #14  

Hey Toby...so glad you got your sauna and that you are loving it!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:30 AM   #15  

Congrats JerseyGrl! Hey guys...Deena's pics are on her thread "new to forum but not to Atkins" great pics!