Old 03-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default stalled already

When I reduced my carbs from 60g/day to 30, I lost 4 pounds almost right away, but nothing since then. THe last 2 days I have gone to 20g carbs, just on for true induction.
I am exercising at least one hour a day, and doing strength training as well. My shape has changed over the last 3 months, but I am getting frustrated too with the lack of movement on the scale.
Any other suggestions?
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Get rid of the scales? If you're exercising like you say you are and your "shape" is changing (for the better I assume...lol), the number on your scales isn't really that important. You may wanna try sticking to induction for two weeks instead of two days though...
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I agree with Jason. Give Induction a fair chance. Also, just because the scale isn't moving doesn't mean you aren't losing inches. Have you taken before & after measurements?
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Madeleine.

Sorry....just returned from being lost in a world without internet access....so not sure if there are other posts here from you going into more detail about what you are eating on this plan.

But the first question I'd have is....are you eating enough fat? I ask this first because many who switch to low-carb from a history of low-calorie often do not realize how important it is to get enough fat on this plan. For me, eating adequate fat, mainly in the form of butter and mayo, was critical in keeping the scale moving downward.

The best way, by far, to evaluate what possible problems one may be encountering on this plan....is to have them post a few day's worth of their daily menu. I had this done for me months ago when I was having no success with this plan....and my problem turned out to be an unusual one dealing with artificial sweeteners (not to mention, a problem I did not encounter the last time I did Atkins in the early 90's).

If it's possible....could you post what you eat for several consecutive days? This would really help in identifying any specific problems. The most frequent problems noted seem to be (in general): not enough fat, not enough calories or too many calories, too much dairy (usually in the form of cheese, cream cheese and sour cream), not enough veggies, hidden sugars in certain items (ie: artificial sweeteners, processed meats, diet products, etc.), eating something not allowed, overuse of Atkins bars and shakes, etc......and several others that I can't think of right off the top of my head at the moment.

If you could post specific menus for a few days, we could probably identify a few things that could be possible problems.
OR.....it may just be possible that you are actually losing lbs. but that it's just not showing on the scale yet....due to temporary fluid balance fluctuations, etc.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #5  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hmm, I think I may be overdoing the dairy. Have been careful to have full fat cheeses, but you are right, they may be higher in carbs than the packaging says. I will try to keep a food diary this week. Had planned that at the beginning of the month, but work was too hectic.
Another thing is sleep, I am getting insomnia again, I wake up after 4-5 hours of sleep and can't get back to sleep, so am not getting enough and that factors in, I am sure.
I should get rid of the scale, LOL, that is a great answer, BUT, I feel I need it to push me to stick to plan. (must be addicted)
thanks everyone
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Both the dairy & the insomnia could be factors -- they say lack of sleep increases cortisol.

Still, sounds like your body is just not ready to let go of the weight yet - patience is needed, but it does sound like you're doing pretty much everything right.
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote