Old 02-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi dosbabe.

This has been my personal experience:

When one first starts induction, it generally takes around 2-3 days to burn up the glycogen stores and go into fat burning mode. IF one subsequently cheats....it usually takes less time to burn up the glucose from this cheat....generally about a day. Of course, this all depends on HOW badly you cheated, WHAT you cheated with, HOW long you continued to eat this/cheat, etc. If it's just a small incident....you'll usually go back into ketosis/fat-burning mode approx. a day later. But if you go off plan for several days...it could easily take you the entire 2-3 days again to go back to fat-burning.

Hope this helped.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 170/150/135

Height: 5'3

well guys you've scared me straight i think ... i'm going "back home" for a visit to pennsylvania in two days (which mind you is snack capital of the world) and there are alot of foods/restaurants that i miss and was hoping i would be able to stay on point but i think after reading the aftermath of falling i don't wanna be disappointed in myself so i'm gonna be stubborn and stick to what i know which hasn't been hard at all ... eye on the prize

just one question....anyone know approx how many carbs in seafood chowder if i omit the potatoes?
cctrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #18  
Results Are Typical

S/C/G: 232/217/180

Height: 5' 1.5"

Will it be homemade? If so you also need to avoid using corn starch to thicken the base. There are some replacement products but I don't know the specific names. I'm sure someone will fill us in.
honeybjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 170/150/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybjones View Post
Will it be homemade? If so you also need to avoid using corn starch to thicken the base. There are some replacement products but I don't know the specific names. I'm sure someone will fill us in.
unfortunately it's from a local diner and it's my FAVORITE in the whole wide world (okay that was a little excessive lol)
cctrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 241/194/160

Given what I know about seafood chowder I would expect a significant number of carbs .... potatoes, usually carrots, onions, some sort of thickener, milk .... but only you can decide what is worth going off plan for.

I ate a chocolate chip cookie tonight. I have been on plan since Jan 2 and lost 18 pounds. It was a conscious choice to make .... I stopped at one, and have to admit I didn't really enjoy it all that much, but its done and over with and tomorrow I am back on plan.
Shells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:25 AM   #21  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shells View Post
I ate a chocolate chip cookie tonight. I have been on plan since Jan 2 and lost 18 pounds. It was a conscious choice to make .... I stopped at one, and have to admit I didn't really enjoy it all that much, but its done and over with and tomorrow I am back on plan.
Best advice I can give you regarding something like this is, don't buy it, don't bring it into your home. If its not there, you can't eat it.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote