Old 02-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 176/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Leslie,

As others said, you have to do what's right for you. Whatever you decide, we are here for you! I hope you feel better!

Toby
TobyThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #17  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Leslie, I too hope you'll keep hanging around here and letting us know how you're doing. Just because you're taking a break from LC doesn't mean you can't still hang out with us, right?
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Leslie, I too hope you'll keep hanging around here and letting us know how you're doing. Just because you're taking a break from LC doesn't mean you can't still hang out with us, right?
thanks I will definitely still hang out here! I am having to force myself to eat which is new for me as I always loved to eat......I'm semi-doing Atkins if that makes sense. I still really do not like carbs in my diet but I'm just not eating enough to maintain Atkins. Gluten free cereal isnt the best stuff either...well ok Rice Chex is ok but not as good bacon Everything just really doesn't taste that great right now...probably this weird new med I've been on now for a month :P who knows...maybe I will lose weight just because I cannot eat....not a good way I know but what am I to do? you guys have become friends and I love being able to chat with you guys
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #19  

Just thought I would post here instead of starting a new thread..... carbs suck....they really do! the carbs from breads and cereals anyway.....gluten free or not! they make you feel awful. I think i have been Atkininzed! I am gonna line out an eating plan for me and try to stick with Atkins better.....I just cant eat as much so we will see how ketosis goes. Oh and I hate winter! winter and arthritis do not mix well! I'm just sayin.....

all I really wanna eat is hamburger meat.....thats the only thing that sounds good....a fried hamburger patty with cheese. I'm weird I know..haha!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 176/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Hi Leslie,

I am laughing at your word "Atkinized", LOLOL! That's so funny! Yes, carbs make me feel sick too and I was actually an addict to them.. I needed my "fix" of BAD carbs.. Darn, I didn't buy just 1 bag of Tostito Chips, I bought 3 bags so I would have them on hand, talk about being a carb addict. Same with bread, I would buy 3 or 4 packages of bread and freeze them!

I have more energy now compared to pre-Atkins, and I just feel better in every which way. I must admit all this snow is getting me down.. And we are supposed to get even more White Stuff! Maybe I should put my Xmas Tree back up and sing Jingle Bells!

Oh, I also love those hamburgers! I prefer barbequeing them but no barbeque's in this snow, LOL!

I think you just may lose the weight anyway..

Good luck and hang in there, spring is on the way!
Toby
TobyThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #21  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
all I really wanna eat is hamburger meat.....thats the only thing that sounds good....a fried hamburger patty with cheese. I'm weird I know..haha!
Actually I have been craving just that all week! I asked a work friend if she wanted to have lunch this week just so I can drag her to the restaurant downtown where I can get a giant burger with bacon and cheese. Poor thing, she's a vegetarian! Oh well, she knows what she's getting into when we go out together!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

Oh, I've been craving some kind of beef fat all week! I am really thinking of going to the store and buying some steak that has a big hunk of visible fat and broiling it. Expense be darned. LOL. But some good high-fat hamburger might fit the bill!

Yeah, Caroline, once you discover this way of life, everything else just really sucks in comparison, LOL. That stuff just makes us feel so yucky! Our bodies just can't handle those carbs anymore. Or maybe they never could, I don't know.

I hate the winter too. And it seems like winter is never going to go away here! And that seems unfair to me because this is Virginia and it's not supposed to generally be this wintery this long here.

I'm so glad you are back with us! I know it's so hard to diet though when you are on the medicine and then hurting and feeling down about the pain and everything. It's just so hard. So be gentle with yourself, and do whatever it takes, to be your happiest. And we're always here, whether you are having a high carb day or a low carb day or a good day or a bad day.

I'll fess up - this weekend is our 18th wedding anniversary, and I am already planning on being a pig. Not with carbs - but I plan on eating a small salad with yummy dressing for a starter, and a big (9 ounces) portion of prime rib! So I will be eating too large a portion really for that one meal, but I don't care! It's my anniversary and while I won't pig out on carbs, I'm gonna pig out on meat!
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote