Old 01-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #31  

mmmmmm......yummy beef! love my hamburger patties! Welcome honeybjones! love your name! I saw it on another forum about usernames You will find in time you will not crave sweets. It is a great WOE for me. I hope it will be for you too!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #32  
Results Are Typical

S/C/G: 232/217/180

Height: 5' 1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
mmmmmm......yummy beef! love my hamburger patties! Welcome honeybjones! love your name! I saw it on another forum about usernames You will find in time you will not crave sweets. It is a great WOE for me. I hope it will be for you too!
Thank you!
I am really looking forward to getting this going. Tonight I had my weekly visitation with my old clothes. They told me how much they missed me and when are we going to be a family again. I promised them it would be soon.

I have one concern--my husband. He works out in the field and sometimes lunch us whatever you can find on the highway. (Not literally ON the highway. Its not the Roadkill Grill but whatever mom and pop cafe he finds nearby. And when I say he works in the field, I mean he could be sent anywhere in the state in a moment's notice.) Can he skip induction and go straight into OWL?
honeybjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybjones View Post
Thank you!
I am really looking forward to getting this going. Tonight I had my weekly visitation with my old clothes. They told me how much they missed me and when are we going to be a family again. I promised them it would be soon.

I have one concern--my husband. He works out in the field and sometimes lunch us whatever you can find on the highway. (Not literally ON the highway. Its not the Roadkill Grill but whatever mom and pop cafe he finds nearby. And when I say he works in the field, I mean he could be sent anywhere in the state in a moment's notice.) Can he skip induction and go straight into OWL?
I love your visitation with your clothes! how witty! I know the feeling...i have a few great items that my big ol' bottom wont fit into yet! I will get there though!

Cafes are the probably the easiest places to eat out on this WOE.....he can have two hamburger patties without the bun....any meat really... Induction is really important to get things going...others may suggest different. It really does help to read the book so you can understand the principals behind this...cause slipping up and eating too many carbs with all this fat intake will actually make you gain. I monitor what I eat carefully and if I splurge on a few carbs....I have to make sure I have no more than 30 for the whole day including veggies. I monitor my ketones too so that I stay in ketosis. During induction you have to stay really strict....so maybe going into OWL will be ok....I just really like how induction jump starts everything. Sorry, I'm back and forth on this...I just know people who have done both and lost but have lost more by doing induction... if some of these places serve breakfast all day then he can feast on omelets! I love having eggs for lunch or dinner!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #34  
Results Are Typical

Excellent point. He loves eggs and since his cholesterol is really low, he can have more eggs than an Easter basket.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:27 AM   #35  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Its not the Roadkill Grill
But the Roadkill Grill would be totally Atkins friendly! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hehe...I see you on here very early with me, Caroline.

Time to make the coffee!!

Another possibility for your husband, honey, is convenience stores. They usually have things like hard-boiled eggs and cheese sticks in the refrigerator case. Some of them (like WaWa's here) make sandwiches for you to order and you can just take the meat off the bun too.

When you say out in the field....is he gone for days at a time or is this just a one-day out in the field deal? If it is....you could just prep stuff like chicken/tuna/egg salad ahead of time and pack some in a container for him to take with him for lunch.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #37  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena52 View Post
Hehe...I see you on here very early with me, Caroline.
Indeed! I check in while I drink my morning coffee before work. Then I get to work and check in again. Addiction? What? No way.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 255/215/130

I am new to Atkins and I do not have the book however I read all the info on the website and get the general idea. Is truvia a acceptable sweetner? And is the olive oil mayo okay to use? DO I HAVE TO BUY THE BOOK? My doctor recommended I do Atkins because I have PCOS and insulin resistance. She stresses that if I lose weight and cut back carbs I will no longer have insulin resistance and my pcos will improve dramatically. I hope I can do this.
sweetlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #39  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlily View Post
I am new to Atkins and I do not have the book however I read all the info on the website and get the general idea. Is truvia a acceptable sweetner? And is the olive oil mayo okay to use? DO I HAVE TO BUY THE BOOK? My doctor recommended I do Atkins because I have PCOS and insulin resistance. She stresses that if I lose weight and cut back carbs I will no longer have insulin resistance and my pcos will improve dramatically. I hope I can do this.
Well you never have to do anything but I personally think the book is really helpful. It is great to know the how and why LC works. I learn something every time I read it. If you don't want to buy it could you get it at the library? I picked my books up online for under a dollar at half dot com
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 255/215/130

I take metformin 500 mg for the PCOS and Insulin resistance. I noticed someone had said something about that med and this diet is it not safe?
sweetlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #41  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlily View Post
I take metformin 500 mg for the PCOS and Insulin resistance. I noticed someone had said something about that med and this diet is it not safe?
It is safe or at least was for me. I was very strict lc (and thin and too met for many years. I took 1000 mg 2 x daily.

You will most likely find that through low carbing and weight loss you can likely get off the met. Even with myself having diabetes and pcos I could get off.

Last edited by thinnerbyjuly; 02-01-2010 at 02:19 PM.
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #42  
Results Are Typical

[QUOTE=sweetlily;3129289]DO I HAVE TO BUY THE BOOK? QUOTE]

I know Jerseygyrl will strongly reccomend you read it--2002 or ealier. The reason is Dr. Atkins has a precise method and now that he is not here to protect his namesake, a lot of other people are trying to profit off of it. So if you really want to know what the plan is, you need to read the book.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #43  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
I know Jerseygyrl will strongly reccomend you read it--2002 or ealier. The reason is Dr. Atkins has a precise method and now that he is not here to protect his namesake, a lot of other people are trying to profit off of it. So if you really want to know what the plan is, you need to read the book.
Thank you for backing me up
I am a firm believer if you want to do Atkins and you want to do Atkins correctly....the book is critical.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #44  
Results Are Typical

By the way, I picked mine up last night. The forward is written by The Man himself so I know the info is untainted.

JerseyGyrl--you are my mentor (whether you want to be or not ).
Old 02-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #45  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
JerseyGyrl--you are my mentor (whether you want to be or not ).
Thank you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote