Old 03-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.8/187.4/125.9

Height: 5'6

Default New in here - when do yo weigh?

Hi - I am newbie in here an wanted to know when ya'll weigh in. I tend to weigh every day but I think I want to start once a week. Do any of your weight go up a couple pounds then back down and then down again??

Thanks for the support
faith125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #2  
Aiming to be a better me

S/C/G: 310/310/130

Height: 5'6.5

Hi faith. Im new too. Well I weigh myself every day on my wii fit. But some people prefer once a week. Think about what you feel is better for you. What do you feel comfortable with. Alot of people prefer once a week becuase it gives you something to look foward too. See its liek those shows, the biggest loser, If you work out and count calories all week. It will make you feel anxious to step on the scale. Where as lets say you do bad one day, you might not want to step on the scale because your scared of what it will tell you. But if you weigh yourself only once a week one bad mess up wouldnt damage your ego, because you know tomorrow would be better

I dont know that all helped you. Just remember its up to you to chose which one you like. But the biggest advice I can tell you is, weigh yourself in the morning when you have had nothing to eat. It is the most accurate.
shatteredfallendove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:56 AM   #3  
Magic Girdle Not Included

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127

Height: 5'5"

I weigh myself every day, but only record once a week. I go up/down 3 or so pounds of water weight every few days, and I like to be aware of it but not necessarily include it in my records.
Hippolyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I go by turns. Sometimes I weight a couple times a week, sometimes every day. I think I am going to take a break from the scale for a while. I actually haven't lost any pounds on the scale in over a month ~ but ~ I have lost an entire size! While staying at the same weight! How freaky is that. It is far far far far more important to me to lose inches than pounds, so I am going to stay away from my scale and just continue to be 100% on plan and remain confident that the inches are going to keep coming off, therefore the pounds must follow ~ eventually.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

I weigh every day, but only record once a week or so. I find I need to be accountable, so I weigh every day, note how my weight responds to what I eat, and make changes the next day if needed. I also check inches every week.

That's how I gained my weight back last time, I got leery of the scale and started avoiding it. Then I started wearing tshirts and sweats and clothes with elastic so I couldn't tell how much I was gaining. So the scale and I have to best pals from now on.
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

I weigh daily but only chart my weight on sundays so I can see the big picture.
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:06 PM   #7  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

I have been weighing everyday, but I think Im going to stop because if the scale doesn't move or sometime goes up a pound (I know it's water and all the exercise I do) I freak out and get depressed. If Im going to be depressed because the scale doesn't move, I'd rather be depressed once a week then every day.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote