Old 03-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #1  

Default Wanna lose 40 lbs by summer

Hi guys,

I started low-carbin' about a month ago. So far, I've lost 8 lbs. I had visions of the weight melting off. I feel great on this plan, over most of my cravings, occasionally indulge in some CarbSmart ice cream. Don't like cooking in the morning, so I have an Atkins DayBreak bar with my coffee for breakfast. Lunch is usually tuna with mayo. Snack mainly on pork rinds. Dinner usually chicken with some steamed allowable veggies. Should I be losing faster, or am I pretty much on track? Was hoping to drop a size a month, but so far, still in Size 14--goal to get back in 8's by summer. Unrealistic?

Thanks in advance for comments/advice!
wannadrop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #2  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

well, what qualifies as Summer for you? Safe weight loss is about 2 lbs per week. So I guess you could do out the math, and try to figure out if it's realistic or not. Either way, you've lost 8 pounds, and that is an awesome accomplishment! Keep up the great work!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

You may not think so but, 8 lbs in a month is great! That is 2 lbs a week, which is a healthy rate of weightloss.
JMO, I would drop the Carb Smart ice cream, the Atkins bars & the pork rinds and add more allowable veggies and salad. Sticking to the basics of Atkins....meat, eggs, veggies, salads, allowable dairy (in the proper portions) really does work. Unfortunately, adding "frankenfoods" usually causes stalls for most people.
Are you drinking lots of water & what kind of exercise are you doing?
on your loss so far & continued success!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #4  
Meow

ya what JG said, if you want to loose some more weight, throw in a ton of raw veggies!

What is your exercising like?
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote