Dry Skin

• My husband and I have been on Atkins Induction for about a week. We both have developed dry skin. I was wondering if this is a side effect of some kind or maybe just the cold weather. I have even developed dry scalp and this has never been a problem before.
  • Ferrari- I'm only on day one, but have been on Atkins before and don't recall every getting really dry skin.
    Not much help I know, but I wanted to respond because we are same height and weight/goal. Love to keep in touch.
    Hope the dry skin improves and good luck on the rest of your induction.
  • I can't say I've noticed dry skin being on Atkins. In fact, my skin has improved greatly.
    Are you drinking plenty of water? Getting lots of fats? Taking supplements?
  • Being on Atkins greatly improved my skin...is there something else in your environment that could be affecting it? And you are eating enough fat, right?
  • 130star- that sounds great to me.

Kim & DCHound- I think I am getting enough fat. I will reexamine it and I will try to post a menu later. That way if it is not right, I hope someone will tell me. I am taking a prenatal vitamin for my supplement. My doctor put me on them because I hope to start trying to conceive in a couple months. And I have been drinking my water. I guess it is just the heater being on more this year.

Thanks for your replies.