Old 08-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #1  

Default Day 4 of Induction

Hi everyone,

Looking for buddies to help support each other while on Low Carb..

Anyone out there>?

Thanks,

Marcia
MARCIA7749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Default I just finished with induction

So far so good. (I think). Actually, my scale is broken and I haven't weighed myself, but I have the ketosis strips and am in ketosis. And my undies fit better lol.

Anyway, tell me a bit of your story. Maybe we can touch base now and again. All the best!
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #3  

Default Day 4 of Induction,

Hi there!

Well....I lose and gain about 50 lbs over and over again....ugh!!!!

Finally decided.....that since carbs are my problem......mainly cookies and sweets......that I really needed to try Atkins and go low carb.

So, here I am.....unfortunately, doesn't seem like there are a lot of us doing Atkins these days

I am doing fine.....had pork chops breaded in pork rinds for dinner.....was excellent!!!!

I need to lose about 70 lbs really......but would be happy with 50.....anything actually.

Live in Minnesota.....am a grandmother...... retired.....

And, anxious to lose this weight!!!

Marcia
MARCIA7749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Default Hi Marcia

My name is CJ and I'm a 57-year-old woman (wow, it's hard for me to write that -- the 57 part, not the woman part). I am tons overweight, but I lead a pretty much normal life and try not to be defined by the fact that I'm fat.

But, of course, I am fat, lol. I tried Atkins about 10 years ago and lost 35 pounds and kept it off until last year when I had a stressful period. Now, I would really ultimately like to lose probably 90 pounds altogether, but I decided to go in mini-goals.

I live in Key West, FL but am spending a lot of time up in New England right now for a project I'm working on. (I actually returned to Key West, where I am right now, just in time to encounter Tropical Storm Fay which -- btw -- was nothing but a nice rainstorm for us.)

Anyway, that's a little bit about me. I've got to get a scale, but I'm flying out Thursday back up north and think I will purchase one while I'm up there.

All the best,
CJ
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi Marcia:

Nice of you to join us! I am on week 3 of induction. I have been doing so well on it that I decided to stay. You are right that there does not seem to be many on this plan, but I am sure when January rolls around there will be a bunch to jump on the band wagon and just think by then we will be 4-5 months ahead of all of them!

Keep up the GREAT work!!!!
Luvbean is offline   Reply With Quote