Couple Questions

• Hey everyone!
    I have a couple questions:

1. During my first week I lost 16lbs...is it normal to pretty much lose nothing the 2nd week? I've probably been eating a few more carbs than i'm supposed to...somewhere around 30 or 40grams instead of the 20g on some days.

2. I know I'm not supposed to consume alcohol during the induction phase. But, if there's no carbs how can it hurt me? I'm talking about drinking a few drinks once a week not 2 or 3 times a week.

3. I know keytones are release through the urnine and breath...would that explain abnormally bad breath since starting this diet?

4. I've gone from drinking 5 or more large cups a coffee a day to 2 or 3 mediums a day...Is it really necessary to eliminate it totally? Or is this an individual thing?

5. Since for almost 2 weeks now I've been eating 2 or 3 egg omlettes for breakfast...is there a limit on how many eggs I should eat during a week or is that all based on past negativity?

I'm sorry if some of these questions have been repeated somewhere else...these are just a few things I have floating around that little mind of mine...thanks!!
  • Well, i found the answers to questions 2, 3 and 4 in the FAQ sticky thread...I'd still like some insight into 1 and 5...thanks!
  • 16 Pounds!
    Okay, you do not get to lose 16 pounds in one week and quibble about losing nothing the next week. Your co-horts here are primarily Big Beautiful Chicks, and we're a little jealous...

Men!

The Atkins rules do not say move to 30 or 40 carbs the second week...even for guys. Do you think you're losing too fast? (from my mouth to God's ears) Oh, congratulations on your weight loss and hanging in here with the BBC's.
  • After you've lost the water weight your loss will be slower, but if you're losing nothing you

1. need to stick to plan,

2. may be eating too much.

One needs to keep in mind that even the foods that are "free" can't be consumed in excessive amounts. Like someone on here said (I think), this isn't the all you can eat meat and cheese diet.
  • I don't remember seeing a limit on eggs in the book - but it has been a while since I read it.

Go back to the induction limits on carbs and see if that gets you going again!
  • Quote: Okay, you do not get to lose 16 pounds in one week and quibble about losing nothing the next week. Your co-horts here are primarily Big Beautiful Chicks, and we're a little jealous...
    Men!
    lol...I better not argue that I wasn't quibbling...I don't think there's anyone here to stand by my side! Sorry? And no, I don't think I'm losing too fast...lol...if I could snap my fingers and get where I wanted, that would be fast enough for me.

BlondAmbition: I think you probably nailed it for me...I haven't been sticking to the plan as I'm supposed to. My cheating hasn't been really that bad, but probably just enough to throw me off. I just finished reading the Atkins book last night...at least the "phase 1" portion. I was one of those who thought i could eat all the meat and cheese i wanted. I figured it worked the 1st week, why not the next week.

Thanks for the info!