In need of a portable Induction/Ph 1 depending on your woe breakfast

• I was thinking of making Chicken legs to have for breakfast cold.
    Does anyone have a good non messy recipe? Also Should I have a LC veggie with that? Next week I'm having surgery so I want stuff that's grabbable and satiating.
    I'll be home but I wont' be on my feet much and Eggs aren't really doing it for me lately
  • I bought a package of celery, cut them into strips and packaged serving sizes into ziploc baggies for the same reason (well not the surgery but the quick easy veg-on-the-go for breakfast part).
  • Bumping for more suggestions. Started today as my first day back from a LONG LONG vacation and today had 2 boiled eggs. But I don't think I can stick with that for the rest of my life!

Any other breakfast suggestions? Thanks in advance.
  • Day 3

Hello all- well you asked what i am having for dinner on atkins induction- i had chicken salad- delicious- it's always been my favorite thing and i make it very rarely- but so glad i'm cooking again- it's calming after a long day at work
    I'm on day 3- i am not looking at the scale until day 14- since my husband has hidden it per my instructions
    My first day at work was great! it was short, everyone looks like a model, so i thought well i'm just insane- but it seems that i am not! they have head shots at their desks, some are trying to get onto tv shows, and many have modeled in the past- good grief.
    everyone there is dieting!!!! nutrisystem, jenny craig, low-carbing it, restricting, everything you can possibly imagine, and lots of diet pills- all chicks!
    so, i'll be honest, i'm not shocked- but eveyrone is very nice- suprisingly- i'm happy at that!
    then i went to my other job- teaching online and graded about 30 term papers- which has drained what little energy i have left-I'M TIRED!! and i don't know if it's because of the diet or because of the work-probably both- don't know if i'm in ketosis yet- don't have any weird taste in my mouth-
    we'll see how this goes- but i know i'm following it
    is there any other way of finding out (besides the ketone sticks and the breath)?
    thanks everyone!!! and good luck!!!!WE CAN DO IT!
    -me
  • Portables for KO:
    Have you tried boiled eggs?
    Cheddar cheese/mozzerella/other type of cheese snack sizes?
    How about asking the deli to cut big thick slabs of ham/turkey/roast beef/chicken, bring it home and cube it then place in individual serving size baggies?
    How about using a thick lettuce and making a lettuce wrap (meat, cheese, mustard or mayo and some greenery) and preslicing into small circles - perfect for bite size.
    Breakfast ideas for Jessie:

Have you looked in the recipes section? I see a recipe for huevos rancheros I added today and another called 'yummy breakfast'. Both are made with egg but who says you have to have egg every morning? When I was on induction (and even after) some mornings I'd just eat some sausage and some celery.

Take a look around the recipes section, I'm sure there are more ideas than just the two I got at first glance.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83
  • One of the things I've enjoyed tho I'm not sure if its induction friendly Boca vegan burgers they are 70 calories and have 13 grams of protein I have to check the carbs I like boca b/c they're individually wrapped so I can nuke it and run. I'm not really following any plan right now except for counting calories. I've got to get some things worked out first
  • I eat a lot of left overs for breakfast. I'm allergic to eggs which limits me if I'm trying to eat real "breakfast food". My favorite is burgers - just the burgers and maybe some cheese, but it's pretty messy. Sometimes I take a cold pork chop and eat it in the car on the way to the gym. That's not messy at all. Lots of times I eat breakfast at work and I know they think I'm crazy when I pull out a burger or a pork chop for breakfast. I also buy some pre-cooked sausage patties (in the freezer section) but they have have a couple of carbs. When I cook, I make a lot of leftovers that I can eat for breakfast and/or lunch. I don't usually eat veggies with breakfast since I almost always have a salad for lunch and some kind of low carb veggie for dinner.
  • Chicken breasts?
    Boneless, skinless chicken breasts grilled outside the evening before. Leftovers cut into strips?

Chicken salad / tuna salad packed to go?

Allergy to eggs makes it tough!
  • KO do you then just eat the boca burger with your fingers? I am struggling with not having a "sandwich".
  • Protein shakes are convenient for on the go - just be sure to check the carb count because a lot of them have carbs from sweeteners. I've heard many people recommend the Jay Robb brand protein shakes, they have zero carbs.