Old 06-30-2008, 06:25 AM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Atkins Angels Chat 6/30-7/6

Good Morning Ladies!! A new week...4th of July coming up, any big plans? Have a safe & happy holiday!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Every year I've been here in Misawa Japan our US military base has had a July 4th festival...and every year it has been cold, windy and drizzly. I'm hoping this year is different.

Otherwise, we also live about 3km from the ocean (not truly a beach unless you consider dirty metallic black sand with frigid non-swimmable water (undertow is scary) a beach. Anyway, everyone shoots off fireworks there. And I do mean everyone. Japanese too. You can buy fireworks at convenience stores and hardware stores here.

That's about the limit of my July 4th planned activities.

My goals for the week: Put in at least an hour and a half exercise every day.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/215/135

Height: 5'6

Wow, too bad about the chilly weather snapless. I do hope it'll be a bright shining and reasonably warm day.

My family is out of town this week, so I'm not sure what I'll do for the holiday. There's a couple of big events in the area that I want to go to, it'll be hard to decide where to go. On the bright side, with them gone, I restarted induction and have lost 5 pounds already, yay. Now I just have to keep it up when they and their pizza, fried chicken, fast food selves return. lol.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I need to move to Japan for the rest of my hot flashing menopause methinks! Hiya Angels and Welcome Anabolina (being alone sounds good right now BTW!) - just wrote my vacay plans in Lolitas so will tell you about yesterday - ddTess10 & her school district sang the National Anthem at the Cardinals game - had a great time at the "new" stadium -plus the Cards kicked butt. It was AWESOME to see her on the Jumbotron!

How 'bout you JG - any big 4th plans?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:01 AM   #5  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi Angels!

I was away on buisness since last Thursday night - not even sure if I ever mentioned it here. But I am SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!
I was SO GOOD - eating out evry single meal and my co-workers were amazed that I didn't go off program at all. We all worked 50 hours between Friday and Monday and there were baskets of chocolate candy all over the place. My dh packed me a cooler of water bottles and cheeses, hard boiled eggs and sf jello for emergemcies.

Of course I did great at breakfasts at diners. And lunches I ate from my cooler - and dinners were fairly easy too (Houlihan's has a low carb platter with a bunless burger, broccoli and california mashers - cauliflower). With all the hours I was working I wasn't going to push away veggies at all. But I got home and NOTHING!!!!! No loss at all since last Wed. Are you kidding me??? So I'm a little depressed but will keep trudging forward.

Will catch up with everyone tomorrow - I need sleep!!!
Kim

Last edited by Kim in NJ; 07-02-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #6  

Hi Kim,

Don't let the scales get you down. Make sure you are taking measurements also. You are doing the right things, just remember - it took years to get the way you are, you can't expect to lose it all overnight. Stay motivated!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #7  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

YAAAY! Kimbie's Back!

And NO you didn't mention a business trip!

Thought you vanished from Atkins dangit!

I'm thinking you're gonna have a good ole Atkins WHOOOOOOOSH of weight loss . . . happens as the body figures out you are no longer gonna poison it with processed sugar/flour etc!

Didja drink gallons of water to flush those toxins? If not, start glugging now that you're home - will bring the WHOOOSHINESS ON!

I'm so excited you stayed OP! I'm leaving in a few hours for a road trip/vacay to Ohio and have packed Atkins essentials (chopped veggies/meat/string cheeses plus case of water - all with the "fluid pills" I'm on, makesd me think I need to get some DEPENDS like lilyb suggested! LOL!)

Alright Angels - I'm outta here - hope to pop in if we figure out how to do the laptop! If not have a Great Atkins Week!

Edited 'cause I'm Hookd on Fonics!

Last edited by aud; 07-02-2008 at 01:05 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!

I hope it's okay if I just jump in here - I am new! I posted in the bio section in the carb counter forum if you would like to know more about me.
I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!

I am on my fourth day of induction and it's going pretty well. I am not big on meat, but I'm actually doing okay with it. It helps that my hubby is doing Atkins with me and loves to cook! He is at the store right now buying a bunch of ingredients for some great recipes we found thanks to all of you!

I am going to spend a few days at my parents' house for the 4th of July (only about an hour away) and am just going to pack all of my food and take it with me! This is something I have never done before and shows much progress on my part!

I hope you are all having a great week!
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/176/144

Height: 5'4"

Just back from a business trip and ready to rock!
Looking to drop a few lbs this week, clean the house and get ready for another trip to a culinary school for a week. This time it's for technique so I'll be slicing and dicing, roasting and toasting!

No baking.

BBQ and Grilled Veggies!

Everyone enjoy the weekend!!!
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #10  

Sunrose and :wb: Squid!

Enjoy your trip Aud!

Friday and Saturday forecast: rain, wind & 65 F.

I knew this was coming. Every year since we've been here. It's predictable. Of course, the rain clears up on Sunday but gets colder.

C'est la vie. This is why I never make July 4th plans.

So how is everyone else? What are your plans? Anything exciting?

Last edited by snapless; 07-02-2008 at 07:56 PM.