Old 06-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #1  

Default Day 7 Heaven!

Almost, day 7 was much better. I got some good cheeses and some real roast beef from Whole foods with nothing but salt and pepper on the outer crust. I would love to make one of these myself anyone got any suggestions. do they make that from Prime rib? On a Rotisserie? Anyway, I had a great Breakfast, decent lunch, and a great dinner of a salad plate with fresh mozarella and some of that good roast beef delicious had a snack of cream cheese with celery excellent. Woke up with morning feeling much better and my head felt great took my blood sugar and almost cried it was 99!!!! I can't beleive that is got under 120 and under 100 at that. A few weeks go I was waking up to 167, 140, 151, and everywhere between 130 and 120 and each and everytime I knew before I checked it what I was facing because I felt so horrible. I'm so grateful for this way of life, way of eating for Atkins, because I thought I was hopelessly trapped into eating carbs and 'managing' my carb binges. Day 8, today is shaping up good to because I brought my food with me today. I had breakfast at home and packed a lunch and snacks. I feel much safer this way. I have learned that Atkins doesn't not mean starvation or white knuckling a diet the food is delicious and healthy and I am very happy about that.
msruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Congrats Ms Ruthie! Glad you are feeling better!
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/176/144

Height: 5'4"

You go Msruthie!!!!

Have to admit, my moods are mellower and I feel very even.
Not the usual low/high/omg my hair's on fire!!!

Roast Beef, if you have a superstore in the area (ie sam's club, costco etc.) pick up a beef fellet. You can find them about 5 pounds or so. cut them into sections, freeze a few and with one salt and pepper, pan brown it and pop it into the oven to the desired doneness. I like to roast meat at a very high temp.
You can slice the cold meat for a few days worth of yummy goodness at a fraction of the cost and a fraction of the added salt.

Please follow all sanitation guidelines.

Last edited by Squid; 06-27-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #4  

MsRuthie I remember the stage that your at right now. At about 5 days I felt like I had left my sea legs at home and everything was wavey and a bit off kilter but by day 7 I was sold and feeling sooooo good. No craving, amazingly never hungry! I have not been hungry the entire time I'm on this program and never feel like snacking between meals. It's like a minor (or major!) miracle isn't it?

I hope you continue to feel so good. It's a very easy program I think. Lots of interesting things to cook and experiment with (who knew cauliflower would become the most common item in my grocery basket?)

Your post is great.....it reminds us all why we started this plan.
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote