3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Getting to Goal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/144720-getting-goal.html)

Kayhm0711 06-24-2008 01:41 PM

Getting to Goal

Okay so I started the Atkins diet on May 27th and have been on it for almost 1 month. I set my goal to be 125 by June 7th, 2009. Which is only 9.3lbs a month. I just wanted to know if anyone thought this was realistic. If I should change it.

Right now I am 237. I started at 251 so I have lost a good 14lbs in not even a month my goal in to be 235 by Friday. I need to lose 112lbs in about a year. I just wanted to see if anyone else set a goal like this is thinks its attainable.

I know eventually I am going to hit a platuea but I plan to work my butt off. I am following the Atkins, as well as only drinking water nothing else, I also am doing Cardio 3x a week and Weight Training 3x a week with a personal trainer.

Any comments or suggestions anything at all is welcomed. Thanks all I need all the motivation and support I can get!!:carrot:

Kayla

JerseyGyrl 06-24-2008 02:34 PM

Kayla,

Everyone is different and I think it all has to do with how much you have to lose to begin with. My personal experience with Atkins was following it precisely. I did what you might refer to as an "extended Induction", sticking basically to 20-25 carbs...mostly from veggies & salad. I learned early on, I had to limit cheese because for me, it was a "staller". I still limit cheese...usually to about 1 oz. a day on my salad. Cream cheese was/is another big no-no for me. I have no portion control when it comes to that stuff...its like I KNOW its in the fridge and I am not happy till I've finished the entire package!:o The same is true for sour cream. So, my philosophy is, if I don't buy it, I can't eat it...and its worked.

I'm not going to lie to you, as you get closer to your goal weight...the weight comes off much slower. Don't get discouraged. Keep plugging along..it might be slow but, it will come off:) Drinking water...plenty of water & avoiding soda's, even the diet kind is essential. I also avoid caffeine. Don't be fooled by things like Crystal Light & so-called protein water etc. They contain ingredients like aspartame, maltodextrin and even corn syrup solids. Splenda is the prefered sweetener on Atkins but, remember 3 packets a day is the limit! On Atkins, fat is your best friend. Fat makes you feel fuller longer and because you are restricting your carbs, your body will burn fat for fuel (ketosis). Hard boiled eggs, tuna salad, egg salad, deviled eggs...all make great snacks. Pepperoni is a YMMV (your mileage may vary) type thing...its got lots of sodium so, it can cause you to retain water. Save nuts & peanut butter for the OWL phase of Atkins (On Going Weight Loss). You might want to check out this site for low carb recipes... [http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html The recipes are excellent and the ones suitable for Induction are marked with an *.

Remember, successful & permanant weightloss requires making lifestyle changes for a lifetime. You did not gain this weight overnite nor will it come off overnite. Consistency & persistance is the key. Follow the plan the way it was written, drink your water & get your exercise in and you will see results!:)

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!:hug:

Timlin 06-28-2008 09:19 AM

I agree with Jerseygryl. If you keep on track you'll feel wonderful even if you don't make 125 in the year you will be at a comfortable weight and wearing much smaller sized clothing and I'm sure you'll enjoy every change of clothing size as you go down. When the year is over you'll be much slimmer and able to do many more things with comfort AND you'll see your goal coming toward you so I think you will be proud and happy.

Congrats on what you've accomplished to date. Do pay attention to that little voice in your head that will soon begin to tell you you've eaten enough before your plate is empty. As soon as you hear that little whisper......stop eating immediately. Don't even take one more bite. That voice will be your best friend if you accept it's presence. :)