3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   chocolate cravings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/141388-chocolate-cravings.html)

slimmingsi 05-02-2008 01:14 PM

chocolate cravings

i've got a great solution to chocolate cravings. cote d'or experiences 86% cocoa dark chocolate. a 100g bar, has a net carb of 6g for the whole bar.

i'm currently trying to work it into a decent hot chocolate drink using unsweetend soya milk and double cream. will keep you all posted

oh just a warning, if you eat to much of it. i.e the whole bar at once :?: not that i'd know ;) it can become quite bitter.

broadabroad 05-02-2008 09:38 PM

I found some Lindt 99% dark chocolate the other day (didn't even know that existed!) and found that it was FABULOUS melted and mixed with double cream, a touch of orange essence and a sachet of sucralose. Like, OMG Yum, and very satisfying.

slimmingsi 05-03-2008 02:03 PM

i've tried pure 100% coca before you can buy it in the shop at the eden project in cornwall uk, but its awful, really really really bitter

moggs 05-05-2008 05:06 AM

I've had the 85% bars, and to me they are great. My husband who is really sensitive to bitter (he's a "supertaster") can't eat them.

Asha 05-18-2008 09:49 PM

Sugar Free Chocolate?

What about sugar-free chocolate?
Asher's, Daniels and a great company where I live called Purdies all make wonderful sugar-free delights. It is made with malitol (another wonderful chemical to put in our bodies!).
Anyone know if malitol is a no-no on Atkins?:nono:

JerseyGyrl 05-18-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asha (Post 2207031)
What about sugar-free chocolate?
Asher's, Daniels and a great company where I live called Purdies all make wonderful sugar-free delights. It is made with malitol (another wonderful chemical to put in our bodies!).
Anyone know if malitol is a no-no on Atkins?:nono:

Sugar alcohols are bad news for most people...they cause major gastric distress and since they do affect blood sugar...to play it safe if you do eat the so-called "sugar-free" treats count 50% of the sugar alcohol carbs. It is best to avoid this type of thing all together. Even if it says low carb or sugar-free, remember, junk food is still junk food.

RissaIsAFatty 06-23-2008 05:32 PM

Oh well... I hadn't even thought of chocolate until I read this post! What I wouldn't do for a Milky Way right about now... lol. However, I refuse to add another pound to this body!

snapless 06-23-2008 07:05 PM

I am so glad I've never been a chocolate eater. Candy bars just didn't do it for me.

On the other hand...I sometimes miss my sour cream and onion ruffles...until I step on a scale, break out the measuring tape, or look in a mirror. :)

KrisR 06-25-2008 08:00 PM

I'm a fan of the 85% Lindt chocolate. 1 to 2 squares satisfies my cravings. I maybe have it once a week or so.