Weight Loss Support - 2007 Goals???

View Full Version : 2007 Goals???

lumifan4ever
12-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Is it too early to ask anyone what they hope to accomplish next year?? Not just in the weight loss field but in anything else.

When I think about this year, I ask myself, what did I accomplish this year??

Well, I did lose 30 pounds. But I also paid off a big bill that had been hanging over my head, I bought a new car, I found a new boyfriend who is very sweet, and I managed to swing a raise at work.

Next year, I want to drop another 30 or maybe 40 pounds, there is another big bill hanging over my head that I want to pay off, I'd like to learn to cook better. So either I will keep trying my hand at it, or maybe i'll go take some cooking classes.

What do you want to accomplish in 2007??

ennay
12-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Run 1150 miles...

Complete Portland Marathon

Get to a healthy BMI and <30% bf

Get a fence and new deck completed

Be stronger by the end of the year than I am now

BlueToBlue
12-15-2006, 02:13 PM
I'd like to transition into maintenance. Decide whether I really want to lose these last three pounds and, if I do want to lose them, stop fooling around and lose them (or suck it up and admit that my goal is 118 rather than 115, so I can stop feeling guilty about eating at a maintenance level).

I'd like to continue to improve my diet. More whole foods, more water, less salt and processed foods.

I am having some relationship/mid-life crisis issues that I'd like to get resolved.

I'd like to get more A's games than we did last year. I'd also like to do more hiking. We've got to get out of the house a little more.

I'd like to do a better job accomplishing my goals at work. Last year I just treaded water.

YP1
12-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Maintain, maintain, maintain.

Run another marathon or two, and take some time off my PB.

Sort out my domestic incompetence.

Start building a wardrobe of good quality classics now my dress size has stabilised and I don't need cheap and cheerful temporary clothes.

Work out where I want my career to go.

alinnell
12-15-2006, 02:19 PM
I'd like to lose the last 5 pounds or perhaps 7 so I have a cushion for maintenance. I should be able to do this by the end of January or mid-February.

I'd like to maintain all the weight loss throughout the remainder of the year.

I'd like to get down to a routine with exercise that will help me maintain.

I'd like to not work so much, but I doubt that will happen unless we win the lottery!!!

I'd like to get my finances (savings) back to where they were a few weeks ago (took a 2nd on our mortgage to pay for a small piece of property and also took $$ out of savings to buy DD a car).

ValRock
12-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Get to a healthy BMI, hopefully by March. I've never actually been there (as far as I can remember... so it'll be interesting :) )

I'd LOVE to get a promotion at work this year, we'll see.

Get everything in order and figure out what I REALLY want, that's the big one. Once I've got my body where I want it I'll be in a better frame of mind to make decisions about everything else. It seems this weight effects everything!

LisaMarie71
12-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Great thread! Here are the things I want to happen in 2007:

I'd like to reach my goal weight of 165 -- I'm 53 pounds away.

I want to run a 5k, possibly in May but definitely by October (I'm thinking of two specific races, but not sure which one I'll be ready for).

I want to write something and attempt to get it published. I've played around with writing for years (I even teach writing), but I've never made a serious attempt. It's time.

I want to do some serious chipping away at my enormous debt.

I want to get pregnant (finally), which may kind of screw up that goal weight thing, but it would be so worth it. I can put off the smaller size jeans for a while if my husband and I could finally be blessed with a baby. Failing that, I want to make a decision with my husband about adoption.

I want to spend more time with my friends. I tend to neglect them and forget to call them when I should.

I want to start teaching piano lessons again.

Lots of goals for the new year!!

lumifan4ever
12-15-2006, 03:29 PM
wow...those are some very impressive ,and thought out, goals. I think i will adopt a few of ya'lls goals if you don't mind. I still have alot of thinking to do about what i want to be able to say i accomplished in 2007. Think i'll start a journal and record my thoughts on what i want to accomplish and as i accomplish them, record that too. and each day, i want to make sure i keep my goals in sight so i can continue to reach for them each day. i need small goals, like drink more water and move more, in order to reach a goal of weight loss.

good luck to you all on your goals for 2007. i know for me, it is going to be an awesome year!!! :)

ennay
12-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Sort out my domestic incompetence.

That is the perfect wording for one of my goals, I didnt know how to say it.

sotypical
12-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Reach my final goal of 130 pounds by July 23.

Save money - as much as I can. I have a spending problem and want to break out of that.

I also want to go on a nice vacation with my boyfriend.

Tara D
12-15-2006, 05:42 PM
I'll be starting a new job, and I'm scared out of my mind! It will have major responsibility and I'm having some confidence issues about my abilities. My goal will be to succeed...and be good at it!

100percentME
12-15-2006, 05:50 PM
My goals:

Loose 25 pounds and KEEP IT OFF

Me and my sisters want to run a marathon summer of 08 so i want to get into shape to be able to do that.

Learn to stop procrastinating!!! (its a bad habit that has been really hurting me this year)

Ummm.... i will probably pick up several more goals throughout the next couple weeks.

ravotrina
12-15-2006, 07:39 PM
My goal is to have my ideal weight, do more exercice and the most important thing: BE ABBLE TO MANTAIN MY WEIGHT

Sheila53
12-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Reduce my bodyfat percentage to 20% (I will know next week if I hit my 2006goal of 25%).

Run a faster 5K.

Buy a kayak.

Drop these last six stubborn pounds and maybe even some more.

Make new friends and keep the old.

Last January 1, my DH, his daughter, and I wrote down 3 goals for 2006, and sealed them in an envelope. We don't know what each other's goals were (and I don't quite remember one of mine!), but we'll open the envelope on January 1. It's kind of a fun new tradition, although it was accompanied by dinner at a Mexican restaurant. :o

jillybean720
12-16-2006, 11:05 AM
That's an awesome new tradition, Sheila! I may have to steal it :devil:

I've already had my Christmas 2007 goal ticker in my signature for a few weeks now :cool:

kittymuse
12-16-2006, 09:18 PM
I want to exercise 5 or 6 days a week, every week in 2007!

I want to somehow lose weight and still fit in my wedding dress in Sept '07 (which I'm probably buying around Christmas).

I want to hit a level of weight that I can maintain by summer. Then I'll worry about losing again.

illinichick
12-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Great thread!

In 2007:
1) Reach normal BMI
2) Go on outdoorsy (hiking, rafting, etc) vacation with my sister
3) Take some kind of artistic class (glassblowing sounds best so far)
4) Buy a new car
5) Buy my own townhouse (rent sucks)
6) Relocate the cheekbones I've seemed to misplace...
7) Be more organized in general

NESunshine
12-16-2006, 09:49 PM
This is great!
Well lets see...I just started having goals for 2006 in October/November but I'm good so far...I successfully finished my masters, mapped out a financial plan and started in the right direction towards being fit and healthy.

In 2007 I would like to continue down the path of my healthy eating and up the excercise more and lose a significant amount of weight...heading towards onederland and generally in the direction of maintenance.

I would like to be successful in my career in order to set me up to advance in 2008.

Get out of debt! I know its gonna take longer to pay off my student loans but I would at least like to get rid of the credit card debt and my bits and pieces of other debt that being a student for the past 8 years has left me with and start getting a solid financial nest egg going.... which will hopefully put me in a position to move out of my parents garage by the end of the year.

Along with working on my body I'd like to work on myself mentally as well...kick smoking, deal with my fear of men and dating, keep my party girl tendancies on the back burner in search of a more grown up life.

Take a vacation and visit parts of the US I've never been to...its a shame I've traveled half the world and have barely seen the country I live in!

My personal vanity goal for 2007 is to be confident enough to wear a bathing suit in public by the time it starts getting nice in new england again. I haven't even owned one since 2002 and even then I only wore it once....kinda sad

Best of Luck

Idahosenior
12-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Many times in workshops (long ago when dinasaurs roamed the earth) I asked people to write down their 10 favorite activities. When they finished I asked them to place the date of the last time they had done each activity.
Now, my husband used to say, "keep your eye upon the donut, not upon the hole". Losing weight is our goal but living our lives is why we lose the weight. I am about to turn 65. I want to be healthier than I was when I turned 64.

Kokomo
12-17-2006, 03:40 AM
1. Reach my Goal Weight by my birthday

2. Journal my food and exercise. I find I'm slacking a bit during this holiday season.

3.Go on 5-7 hour day hikes. I already do 2-3 hour ones but want to increase my times

4. Buy fashionable clothesm mine are baggy and worn out

5. A better routine for housework. Like days planned to do certain things. I probably need a journal for this too. My house isn't too bad but I tend to do everything at once instead of balancing it out more.

6. Save money for a trip for 2008

7. Get my hair cut and colored more often

8. Get out and do more fun things in our community. Go on the house tour, go to the Nutcracker, go the theater, go to more movies, Valentine Weekend, Ghost Tour etc.

KnitALisa
12-17-2006, 12:45 PM
I know it's ambitious but I'd really like to be at my goal weight by my 21st birthday on September 8th. Ok, "really like" is an understatement. I'd be so freakin' happy. Deliriously happy.

A friend of mine is getting married in June, and there's a certain super cute size 14 dress hanging in my closet that I'd like to wear. But hey, if I'm too small for it, I won't be too disapointed ;) Have enough nerve to hit on the super-cute best-man. Or any of the other super-cute friends of the groom.

I'd also like to complete the C25k workout and run a 5k in 2007.

Non-weight related goals? Learn how to do cables, crochet, and weave. Finish that freakin' sweater that I've been working on for 3 years!! Also throw an amazing 21st birthday party and have enough nerve to plant a big kiss on a guy I've had a little crush on since the 2nd grade.

Oy. :crossed: ya'll.

Sunnigummi
12-18-2006, 10:11 AM
My goals:

a) Get to 145 lbs by June or thereabouts. Along with that - keep up the daily exercise and calorie counting.
b) Get ahead at work - have experiments planned out that I hope to have enough motivation to complete so I can show *something* for all the early mornings and late evenings I have put into this project.
c) Start researching possible jobs to take up once I'm done with school. Along with that, work on my CV.
d) Be NICE to people.
e) Someone up thread wrote about re-establishing connections with friends? Yeah, me too. I'm so bad at calling people back. I'm lucky I still have friends. SIGH.

Tiffie
12-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Well, as for my own goals.... Hmmmmmmmm....

Lose a good 60 Lbs of my GW
Finally see my ab muscles :p
Be fit and keep up my healthy diet
Get in touch with old friends
Set a DATE for our wedding :devil:
Work out 6 days a week :coach:

At least, those are my goals right now. Geeze, a year seems so long to me. Get gone NOW, fat! :dizzy:

Sunnigummi
12-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Tiffie - your avatar is GORGEOUS!!! Just thought I'd chime in with that thought... :)

Tiffie
12-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks. :) got it from allavatars dot com, in case you were interested. :D

Jen415
12-18-2006, 11:57 AM
This has been so great to read! Here are mine:

Body:
--exercise 3-5 days a week for a minimum of 60 minutes total
--choose healthy foods and limit alcohol and junk
--lower my blood glucose #s
--get my cholesterol #'s normal
--get my blood pressure away from the borderline

Mind:
--read more books as opposed to mags like People and US
--learn conversational Spanish (to help with my job)
--work on personal issues with certain people in my life
--set up a budget and stick to it!

Spirit:
--spend more time meditating
--be more generous with my time and resources
--work on self-esteem
--give love as much (or more) than I get love
--plan a relaxing vacation with my partner

RoseOfPain
12-18-2006, 12:49 PM
This is such a great and motivating thread! I wish we could check back to it every month or so and see if each one of us is really working towards it.

2007 Goals:

*My domestic incompetence...(YP1 said this which has always plagued me and I wish I could get rid of in 2007)

*Reach my goal weight of 128 by the summer07

*Get A+ Certified (hardware and software)

*Get Network+ Certified

*Get a job

*Pay off my 3 credit cards (not much owed, but enough to annoy)

*Always have my computer room, bedroom, bathroom clean

*Exercise 7 days a week, even if for only 15minutes

*Continue with piano lessons

*Be able to afford that Casio keyboard I want

*No more speeding tickets!

*finally reach 21 and drink a Moijto on my 21st!

*Go back to school and finish my degree

I have many more, but I hope I can cope with these!

Sunnigummi
12-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks Tiffie - I'm looking at them right now. :)

House_of_Mirth
12-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Really Awesome Thread

Body:
-- Reach Goal (20 pounds of it by my Birthday 03-22)
-get my eyebrows, and hair done more often
-dress like I care about myself
-finally get a blood test to check glucose level
-run a 5k this summer

Mind:
--Stay on Dean's List
--figure out what I want to do with myself after graduation
--try to get something published...if only in a university publication
--sing in public at elast one...if only kareoke (spelling?)

Spirit:
--be more compassionate of myself and of others
--work on self-esteem
--stay more connected with my family

kittymuse
12-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Well... yes... I do think about more than just my weight (which is all I mentioned in my post above)

I want to get a job
I want to survive my wedding (and the planning)
I want to be happier with myself
I want to knit a lace stole

2frustrated
12-19-2006, 10:36 AM
1) Get my black belt
2) Get my 2nd Dan black belt
3) Be a "Tough Guy"
4) Lose 7-14lbs
5) Buy a flat

PinkyPie
12-19-2006, 10:52 AM
My goals in 2007:

Lose 18KG or 40lbs. That's average 1.5KG a week. SHORT TERM goal is 7.5KG by beginning of April (then I will be just under what I weighed in April 2005).

Toss the Death Sticks for good! I'm just tired of smoking but I keep doing it. *sigh*

Get a new job that PAYS ME WHAT I'M WORTH.

Pay my bills on time with nothing behind and have some extra cash left over at the end of the month.

Put money in savings each month (at least 50). Use THAT money for vacation and not credit cards.

Develop exercise habit. Start taking care of ME physically!

Keep working on myself emotionally.

(re)learn an instrument, do something more socially.

jillybean720
12-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Well... yes... I do think about more than just my weight (which is all I mentioned in my post above)
ha, not me :p For me, 2007 will be a priority year for weight management. I've spent too many years making other people happy (and I'm only 24!)--I need to do this for me.

Sure, there are other things going on in my life--I would like to get engaged, buy a condo, maybe pick up an interesting part-time job or hobby...but all of those come with too many "what ifs" for me to make them solid goals for 2007. My weight is the one thing I feel I have the most control over :^:

junebug41
12-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Things that are on the must-do list for 2007:

*GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE. This is non-negotiable. Now or never.
*Run a 5k. Or two.
*maintain, maintain, maintain.
*Find a job that suits me, or at least a field that will keep me in the state.

On my list of things that would be nice if they happened:
*get engaged
*buy a townhouse
*get a new car. As in not just new to me, but new to the road.

NewDay4MeToo
12-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Well, weight is so important to me. I want to be wearing a size 8 pants by the end of the year. (Smaller than I have ever worn in my adult life.) I am currently a size 14, so I hope this is reasonable. I also want to be safely in the average weight category.

I want to be stronger. I want to be able to jog for a half hour without stopping. I want to be able to do a real push-up.

I want to finish my Master's degree, and show a strong finish in my last two classes this Spring semester. I am getting tired of being in school, so this is a big one for me.

I want a good job. Both for the Spring semester if that works out, and after I graduate in May.

I want to go back to church. I used to be really active, but I am not any longer. I want to find a good church again and get involved.

I want to continue to nurture and grow my relationship with my boyfriend. (Hopefully that will include engagement some time this year!)

Zorak
12-22-2006, 04:31 PM
My goals are:

Maintain my current weight loss.

Incorporate more 'clean' foods into my diet.

Run a 5k and 30 minutes on the treadmill.