Old 12-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #1  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Wink I haven't forgotten you!

Bet you guys thought I was gone forever!

Sorry about the disappearing act. It is not because I gave up entirely, or that I don't love these boards, life just got all mixed up. Well, mostly school. The last month or so has been something else, let me tell you. I have 4 English classes this semester which meant a lot of studying for essay tests, 4 major papers due and 1 big Shakespeare final which I take tomorrow. Everything else is done, though it still boggles my mind how I managed to do it. All together I wrote approximately 74 pages between all 4 of my classes. I'm about written out.

I've been so busy and so exhausted that I've actually forgotten about my wedding. I was all planning, all the time, and I have barely remembered to put my ring on every day. Still, I think my fiance was happy about that, he stopped having to hear about all the little ideas I thought were so wonderful :-)

I also got very frustrated with my diet and slowly but surely stopped paying attention to it. The last two weeks of the semester usually turn into pizza week where we eat a lot of frozen veggies and frozen pizzas. Well, that's not so much on the diet, you know? But I spent so many hours writing or studying that cooking wasn't an option. We went out a lot too. It was pretty bleak though I managed to put a tree up and see my friends every once and a while.

My fiance and I started a fast-forward like cleanse on monday to get back on track and to clean all the processed foods out of our system. I weighed in sunday night at a humiliating 287.6. This morning I weighed in at 280.0 so at least the cleanse worked. Ryan lost 5 lbs and feels a lot better. Processed foods = yuck

This is like a new starting week. Like a new beginning, only better, without all the anxiety of learning a new diet. I've got some pretty great recipes planned for the rest of the week, including a turkey meatloaf, shrimp jambalia (spelling?), pineapple duck and spicey broccoli, all of which is from the LA cookbook. Lunch today is going to be alittle wonky because I thought I had 2 cans of tuna fish and I only had 1, so Ryan got a tuna sandwhich and I didn't. But I'll make some superior choices in the cafeteria and that'll be okay.

I just wanted to tell you all I've missed you entirely too much and I'm glad to be able to have time to just read even if I can't post. I'm also excited to see a ton of new faces.

-Sommer
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Sommer, I am so happy to see you back! You've definitely been in my thoughts. I look forward to you being able to post again. Even if time is limited, just a quick little "I'm here" is great.

Glad your classes have gone so well. You're such a talented writer. How many classes are you taking next semester? Still working at the hospital too?

Check in more often because you are definitely missed around here.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Sommer - It is really good to see you again. You crammed a lot of classes in this semester - wow. I hope that your new committment to the plan pays off - and you are such a sweetie to give the tuna to DF! Now, take care of yourself too and good luck on the final (OUT, DAMN SPOT!)
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #4  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Sommer! It's really good to hear from you again! What a crazy class schedule! I'm glad you're back and good luck on your final. Keep in touch.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:59 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Sommer, so great to see you!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:18 PM   #6  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hi Sommer - great to see you and hear about your crazy schedule; makes my life seem so simple! Congrats to you and Ryan on finding time to focus on your healthier lifestyle...you know in the end it will pay off big time!! Merry Christmas...ho ho ho
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Joni - Just because Sommer is "living in sin" doesn't make her a "ho". You should be nicer! (Sorry, couldn't resist)
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:31 PM   #8  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Oh geez, Sommer, you KNOW I didn't mean it that way......(LOL)

Cassi's trying to pick a fight....or she's giddy with excitement about being ounces away from ONEderland!!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #9  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone! Put me in the group that hasn't forgotten you either! Time just keeps on slipping by, and wham! Begore a body knows it, a whole month has gone by.

I am thinking of all of you on a daily basis, and wishing everyone great success during this chaotic time of year.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

Sommer....yeh welcome back.....Has it been a month since you possted??????? hope to hear how you are doing soon....School is super important...I got my doctorate several years ago....lots of work..well worth it in terms of your profession.....What are you getting your degree in??? English??? nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote