Old 12-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #1  

Default Atkins vs Stillman

I have a question: I've been on and off atkins and have had small success
but I was looking on amazon and read review of stillmans quick weight loss
diet. I'm on ******* now but I was wondering if folks still had good loses
eating lowfat dairy that is allowed on the stillman plan.

Mel
Sweetmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I havent heard of the stillman plan.

But I do notice my weightloss slows down when I start to add yogurt, and milk.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:26 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Mel,

My understanding of Stillman's is that is it a severe form of ketogenic diet and is not easily sustainable for longterm. Basically, it is used to break plateau's.

Lean meats (all fat trimmed), Chicken & Turkey, as well as fish are allowed. No butter, margarine or oils are allowed. Eggs are allowed, preferably hard boiled. Cottage cheese, farmer cheese & pot cheese are permitted, however, must be made with skim milk....not whole milk.

You might be able to do this for a few days...maybe even a week...but, it would be difficult to follow long term. In my opinion, Atkins Induction is much more feasible. Dairy can be "touchy" for some. Personally, I noticed when I cut back on the cheese, the scale started to move. I'm on maintainace now and I have added 4oz. of low carb/low sugar yogurt every morning and it has not affected my weight loss. Everyone is different though and sometimes it takes trial & error to find what works best for you.

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote