View Full Version : Weekly Chat Dec11~17/06

RobinW
12-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Morning :coffee:

Starting us up for the week.

lady_adnerb
12-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Robin: Morning :) How was your weekend?

Well, the weekend wasn't the best. Saturday I ate some chicken w/the crispy (carb filled) crust. Also had regular hot chocolate (was freezing and needed a quick warm-up). Then yesterday had 1/2 a cup of regular hot chocolate and a bunch of oranges (a few in the morning, and a few more at night) plus a 1/2 a glass of wine. So not going to move the sig (even though I for WI I had lost another pound) as I know it'll be up again. Good news is I shot my first deer!! WAHOO! I'm so excited!

lady_adnerb
12-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh....I should mention that jacket is HUGE on me. But it's warm :)

Oh...and isn't that outfit the sexiest? :lol: Orange is SO my color :lol3:

lilybelle
12-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Brenda, WTG on getting that deer. That is terrific. I haven't got one yet. I'm still going to do some bow hunting.
This board has been super quiet all weekend. Glad you guys are back now. I was bored.
My eating wasn't too bad. My weight stayed the same this week. I did have an orange last night. Haven't been exercising.
Spent all day yesterday helping DD do 3 algebra assignments she was behind on. Yuck. That used to be easy work for me, but my brain must have shrank too.
Hi Robin, good to see you here too.

RobinW
12-11-2006, 12:42 PM
That colour brings out your eyes Brenda :lol: Congratulations....can I tell you again.......if your freezer gets over stuffed, we'd be more than happy to take a trip up and help you out!!!!! ;)

Yup, its been very quiet around here this weekend.

My weekend was eventful, and eye opening....I wont go into it here, but if you want to read about it, its in my blog. I have however had a scare bad enough to make me smarten up.

So, Im back to it this morning. But not full atkins induction. I need to do something to help me with my sugar cravings....and I just cant do atkins like I used to. Its almost as if my body revolts the lack of carbs and I start to feel really bad...almost sickly. So Im going to give something else a try. Still lower carb, only natural sugars if I feel I need them, and only from fruit and veggies. So thats the plan for this week, I'll see how it goes, and how I look and feel come friday.

Lily, I think my brain would be in alot of pain working on algebra :lol3: I leave the math homework for dd's dad.

This afternoon should be a busy one....so have a great day ladies. I'll check back in tonight.

aud
12-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Greetings from Binge-Land!

Don't think I even made any sense in my last Post in last weeks' chat - but had to hospitalize my DDisabledHub and reverted to binge eating to "help him" thru the crisis! (??????)

Makes no sense I know . . . and hope I've learned my lesson here - totally feel like crap - mind numbed as well - from trying to add up all the $$$ I put in those vending machines to have the privilege of feeling so bloated and poopy now! Arrrrrrrrrghghghgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:mad:

The good news is that his blood pressure is back under control (he's got an inoperable brain aneurysm near where the tumor was removed - affects his blood pressure center) . . . and medication so far has adjusted again. Think I've got a handle on the connection that my old habit of stress binge eating only hurts ME. Seeing it in print here really helps drive the point home!

I did take the stairs only to his 3rd floor room . . . and parked a mile away . . . nothing else good to say about the whole ordeal.

Gonna go catch up with everyone else's news . . . .

lilybelle
12-11-2006, 01:13 PM
aud, I'm glad to hear your DH is doing better. That must have been terribly scary for both of you. Don't worry about being off program, I would have been too. You can start things back up now that life is calming down for you.

Robin, my brain still hurts from doing that algebra. LOL
Also, I used a lot of fruits with my Atkins plan and still lost weight. It didn't hurt me at all. Also a lot of vegetables. I can cut back on the fat and still get the desired results. Of course, a lot of walking helps, but my butt has been very lazy lately.

RobinW
12-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Aud, my visit to the emergency room with dh doesnt even come close to what you have gone thru. I just cant imagine. My dh called me for the 2nd time today....and it worried me. He never calls 2x a day for no reason. I just cant imagine what you go thru. :hug: Never mind the eating that fell thru the cracks this weekend....jump back onto the wagon, and you're all set.

aud
12-11-2006, 02:32 PM
HiYa lilyb! Just caught up with last week's chat and saw your tips. Had fruit as such a no-no embedded in my Atkins Induction brain . . . but your common sense makes a lot of sense, you know? LOL!:D I'm CERTAIN that I would have been much better off with an ORANGE/APPLE/BANANAfrom the hospital cafeteria than say, ummmm-----PRETZELS WITH FREAKIN' CHEESE SAUCE!!!!!! Soooooooooooo, please accept my Fruit Scolding Apologies, brendanerb?:^:

WTG @ the Restaurants jerseygirl! An inspiration!:) And WTG to ARUBA, Holly! Would love to stow-away!:D Congrats to Zonie-Beth on grad school! WOW!:congrat:

I think Holly mentioned that her clothes are still fitting loose - so just wanted to mention that despite my recent Binge-A-Thon - mine are too.:carrot:

robin~ Great idea on checking out the Pilates FIRST - don't know if I mentioned that I'm going to be off an extra two weeks after Christmas (Lay-Off:( ) so looking forward to doing exactly that. Tx!:)

Two more things lilyb~~Went thru some depression issues with my now 20 yr old @ Puberty. I remember the counsellor telling me that the notes were MEANT to be found and a cry for help - warning me to be extra vigilant - even if it meant reading her diary etc. Bottom Line: We got thru it just fine altho' that's when my hair starting turning WHITE!:cool: #2 - doing the multiplication tables with my 9 yr old is causing me to count on my fingers!!!! DEFINITELY can't remember algebra!:o

Shout Out to Ms. SpotDog~Kel: Tx for the pick me up comment - really needed it today!:hug: Hope you'll come and chat?

I Posted a December All in One Menu Keeper for December - I'll fill mine in when I get off work tonight so it'll be blank for anyone who wants to copy/paste.

Let me know whatcha think of it?

PS: Tx so much lily & robin . . . feeling much more optimistic/determined after reading your Posts - My thoughts are with you, as well robin!!!

lilybelle
12-11-2006, 03:28 PM
I am so glad for this forum. My labrador is pregnant and I was thinking the puppies should be due about Christmas time. I went back to old posts and learned that October 6th in when we borrowed the stud dog and kept him for 3 weeks. My dog is huge and last night I noticed she is lactating. So, this made me think the puppies are due sooner. Her only other litter, she started lactating just a couple days before they were born. 62 day gestation for puppies, so ours should be here any day. I'll keep everyone posted and post pic's after they are here. My dog is lazy except for constantly needing outside to pee. She's also having the nesting instinct again and dug a huge hole in my back yard. Same thing she did last time. She is drinking tons of water and eating like a horse. I have a baby pool set up with blankets to put the puppies in. (This works best as there is room for Molly to get in to the pool to feed them). They will be kept inside due to the cold here. I am prepared with bulb syringe, old towels and a small heater to warm the pups. I already have good homes lined up for the puppies. We will keep one female. My BIL is a veterinarian and will help me give the shots to the puppies when they are old enough. I am getting excited about the puppies, can you tell. LOL

aud, my DD seems to be happier and smiling a lot. I think she knows now that she can depend on me to help her through any crisis. She is having out-patient counseling. She was mad at me at first for taking her to counseling, but she seems fine with it now.

I would never consider cheating on my" diet" by eating white bread. But, fruit is healthy and I do eat it. I know we are ingrained to count just carbs, but if I'm hungry and haven't had many carbs or calories or a whole lot of fat, I think a piece of fruit suits me fine that day. For me, it's a matter of give and take. I'll let you all in on a little secret. This is how I counted my carbs. Any piece of fruit, such as banana, apple, orange, fresh pineapple slices, watermelon slices or cantalope slices, I just counted as ten carbs. Then I set my goal to stay at or below 25 carbs , including this count of 10. I know it's not exactly correct, but it worked for me. In truth, I probably got more like 40-45 carbs on the days that I had fruit, but I actually cut back the other carbs to 15 on those days and it all evened out. This is the first time I have explained exactly how this worked for me. Hope this makes sense, it was my own made up variety way of tweaking the Atkins plan to suit my personal preference. I absolutely refused to believe "oh, I've blown my diet" because I ate a piece of fruit.

Ms Spotdog
12-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I think that was a good way to figure it, Lilly - It is all a mindset anyway and if you felt like you were counting it and staying in control otherwise, then you would avoid the 'free-for-all' that sometimes accompanies the idea that you've 'blown it now'.

Robin - That is scary stuff. Please let us know what those spots turn out to be. I have really, extremely, bad eyesight and am always freaked out about the prospect of the 'detached retnia' thing or anything else going wrong with my eyes. I have my own bookkeeping business, no disability insurance and what the heck would I do if I couldn't work? Ok - I'm freaking myself out now just thinking about it! Gotta think about nice things....Thinking about kittens, and puppies, and rainbows, and new shoes now.......

Brenda - Orange is YOUR color, girlfriend! lol But really, If I would tromping round the forest where everyone else had a big gun or two, I would be completely decked out in BRIGHT ORANGE too! Congrats on the deer.

Aud - So sorry to hear about your scare with you DH too! And don't worry about the cheats. Sometimes it is just about what gets ya thru the night without ripping your hair out or running into traffic. Tomorrow is another day and another opportunity to get healthy.

Oh, and good luck with the puppies, Lily! LOVE puppies!

Well, I'm freezing my keester off here - I know, I know but I'm a Cali gal and we just can't TAKE the cold! So I'm going to go soak in a warm tub for a bit. This new place has a wonderful soaking tub! My superman (BF) worked overtime this evening so he is just going to head home rather than stop by and visit for a bit. But I'll see him tomorrow evening when we get all decked out for a Xmas dinner at Ruth Chris' Steak House. And the best part it that it will ALL be paid for by one of my rich clients! Can't wait! But I will be good and only have samples of stuff. Better to try more that way then stuff myself and not be able to enjoy the varity. (my weight is holding at the low/mid 150s but I still gotta be careful. I do know what I need to do to drop it back down if I get carried away. An easy thing to do this holiday season: get carried away, I mean)

Kel

aud
12-12-2006, 04:09 AM
MMMMmmmmm Ruth Chris!:hun: Haven't been there in YEARS come to think of it!:(

The

Best

Steaks

period!

. . . and HURRAH that Ms.SpotDog has come to chat!!!:carrot: Sooo, were you ever heavy Ms. SpottyD? I take it you were when you said you "knew what to do to take it off." Low Carb? You are so right about the whole deal being a "mind set." This site & the folks on it have already helped me change YEARS of illogical thinking/food relationship! Kind of like lilyb tweaked Atkins - this web site experience is tweaking MY BRAIN!:dizzy: Seriously, how difficult is it to realize that FRUIT is healthier than PRETZELS IN CHEESE SAUCE?:o There's something about Posting here that makes these connections so obvious.

PUPPIES!

We're shopping for a pup for our 9 yr old (Christmas) . . . I see lots of ads for "puggles" . . . also "peek-a-poo's." Our house is better suited for the smaller breeds. dh has hair allergy issues so any recommendations would be appreciated.

RobinW
12-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Good Morning

I made it thru yesterday cheat free, and fake sugar free :cb: :cb: :cb: Ok, on to day 2!!

For my snack last night I had freshly juiced cranberry/apple juice with a string cheese. It was very nice, and I feel much better this morning. Even look better than I have in over 2 weeks. Sugar does a number on my face! :dizzy:

Kel~ superman bf??? looks like him? has muscles like him? come on....fill us in!

Aud~ cheese and pretzels? :lol: sounds good to me but yup, Id say an apple was better :lol: ....if you google hypo-allergenic dogs, it will give you a wonderful list of dogs that might work for you. My dd and I are both allergic to dog fur, the shedding type. But if we have or are around dogs that dont shed, we are usually alright if they are kept clean. I used to have a golden retriever (before dd) and I didnt have any troubles with him because he was a 100lb lap dog :lol3: Never wanted to be outside without me....I kept him very clean and well brushed. I didnt have any issues with him. Other goldens now will really bother me Ive noticed.

Lily~ puppies! How exciting.....do you have a digital camera? Id love to see them after they are born. I just love puppies!!

I have to get busy...Im a bit behind :rolleyes: (again) but on the plus side, Im much more organized than I was :sssh:

Have a great day ladies.

lady_adnerb
12-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Dang, I don't have time to do personals just wanted to pop in so people don't go out looking for me :) Did ok last night except a couple oranges. I've GOT to stay away from the fruit because....well, just because :lol:
On a plus note: A pair of jeans I had bought from Goodwill about a month ago now fit...even though TOM has appeared :cb: Hoping that means the scale will show a nice drop (if not, at least the measuring tape!) Ok...gotta run!!

SherryA
12-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Morning girls.

I've fallen and I can't get up! (remember that commercial?)

Anyway I keep resetting my mind that today I will get back on track, but "today" hasn't hit yet. I guess my problem really is a lack of planning. I need to plan our meals, then maybe I could be more in tune with what I'm attempting here. I feel really out of sync. Maybe tomorrow I will post another 3 day no cheat challenge. I need those three days, but I have to prepare my mind for it first (and maybe my pantry too!).

Anyone else interested?

Ms Spotdog
12-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Good morning! Rainy, rainy day here. It rained all evening, night and doesn't look like it is letting up anytime soon, We've been pretty dry here up until now so I guess we were due.

So have I ever been heavy? No, high was in the 160s. But I am a true, blue, card carrying Carb Addict and low carb is the only thing that helps me get control of it. I really HATE that voice in my head, you know, the addict's voice. The one that tells you you deserve a little treat or 'Oh, isn't that the place that has those good fries?' or bugs you constantly about what goodie you will be baking/buying next or RIGHT NOW. It was complete salvation for me when I saw the Heller's on Oprah, started on low carb and came here. Been a long, bumpy road and I'm not really riding on the wagon right now but I am jogging along side - not completely run over or left behind. Just not in that right mindset to clean my act up like I know I should/could. It is more of a sanity and control thing for me than a weightloss thing. (but the weightloss IS nice, don't get me wrong! I would love to be back down to 140 like I was 5/6 years ago)

Superman BF? Oh let me count the ways! lol Well, he is tall and muscley but his nic comes more from the way he comes onto the scene and just fixes things/does things AND from his performance in the bedroom (!) - sorry, TMI? Three cheers for making up for lost time! lol

Well, have a great day all! I gotta go fix those boys some breakfast and send them out on their way into this wet day then get my self pulled together and get to work!

Kel

RobinW
12-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Superman BF? Oh let me count the ways! lol Well, he is tall and muscley but his nic comes more from the way he comes onto the scene and just fixes things/does things AND from his performance in the bedroom (!) - sorry, TMI? Three cheers for making up for lost time! lol

:cheer2: :cheer2: Give us an S :cheer2:
:cheer2: :cheer2: Give us a U :cheer2:
:cheer2: :cheer2: Give us a P :cheer2:
:cheer2: :cheer2: Give us an E :cheer2:
:cheer2: :cheer2: Give us a R :cheer2:
:cheer2: :cheer2: Give us a M :cheer2:
:cheer2: :cheer2: Give us an A :cheer2:
:cheer2: :cheer2: Give us a N :cheer2:

YYYYaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Superman! :cheer2:

Have fun!! ;)

LoriAS
12-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Hi, I'm Lori. I'd love to join you guys. I haven't been around for about a year or so. Been having a baby and NOT eating low carb. Finally weaned her about 3-4 months ago and have run out of excuses for not losing the weight I gained during pregnancy. I was around here quite a bit before and was successful the 1st time round on Atkins. I'm 7 days into induction and not doing too badly. My biggest problem is staying away from scale.

I''ve decided to try and get into and exercise routine this week. Did Tae Bo on Sunday and trying to decide what and when to do exercise today. I should mention I work 3rd shift (11p-7a). So, exercising seems to be a great challenge for me right now.

Except for the exercise I get chasing my two bows and the little one in the picture!

Look forward to getting to know you all again!

aud
12-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Already feeling better this "morning" (I'm a 2nd shifter lori) . . . during my junk carb load-a-thon, was feeling like the Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man from Ghost Busters!!!!:D---so went on strict Induction yesterday - BOIL SOME DAYUM EGGS & join me sherry??!!:mad: I have certain elements of being a carb-addict spottyD, altho' the main psychological connection I'm shaking here in my mid-40's menopausal stall-out; is comfort eating/self medicating with carbs Drama. I need and love to lose weight - but the motivator is how I FEEL. On low carb - I feel high energy and optimistic and FULL. On anything else, I feel turdy, negative and STARVING.

Tx for the morning giggle robin! HURRAH for Superman---OH YEAH!

Just caught up with you brendanerb----WTG on that VENISON & TENDERLOIN GF!:hungry:

Your lil one is such a cherubic doll, lori!!!:angel: So glad you came to chat :welcome: - your reminder about exercise is so well timed for me - I've been hitting the floor for some crunches and push-up<<<<<singular!:D when all else fails. Last night I took lilyb's sage advice and walked walked walked & walked some more! :running: I'm determined to hit the weight room tonight--by hook or by crook!:sumo:

I seem to be on emoticon overload so better sign off . . . not sure which fantasy I want to focus on while I exercise today . . . . hmmmmmmmmmmm . . . will it be?

ruth chris steaks??????

venison????

rainy days & Superman?????

ok - got MY pick!!!!;)

ttyal!:devil:

lilybelle
12-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Hi everyone, I'm doing algebra again. 8 assignments this time. Oh Joy, Joy. I'm going to kick her butt. She should now be caught up for the semester. My brain hurts.

No puppies yet, but Molly is leaking milk everywhere and looks to be starting to dilate. (TMI, can you tell I was an OB nurse? lol). She's grunting and groaning and totally miserable. For once, someone in the house has saggier boobs than mine. LOL

Lol about Superman. DH thought he was superman last night too, but his takeoff and landing was a bit abrupt. LOL Oh well, I prefer a good night's sleep anyway. LOL

welcome Lori, your baby is adorable.

I know that I'm a carb addict and low carb is the only way for me.

RobinW
12-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

I made thru yesterday :cb: :cb: :cb:

Alright.....on to day 3 sugar free!

Not much new around here, we received our order of blank tshirts yesterday, and as Im typing my cutter is cutting away at the vinyl Im going to be applying to the t's. Ironically, these 50 shirts are for a personal fitness training center ......should tell me something right? :lol:

Thats about it around here....off to get busy. Have a great day ladies.

Leenie
12-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Good Morning :D

Lori WELCOME BACK and what a darling little girl :hug: she is precious.

lady_adnerb
12-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Sherry: I'm having the same problem (only mine is the not snacking part). I'll join you in the 3 day challenge!!

Kel: :wave: How's it going? Keep showing up, it's nice to see you around :)

Lori: Welcome back! Your baby is ADORABLE!! Hide the scale and don't forget to measure!

Aud: Hey, if you're going through a time of stress, sometimes that's not the best time to try and get your eating under control. Just do your best and try and make the wiser choice. I'll stay away from fruit if you stay away from peanut butter and grahams!! Deal??

Lily: How'd she get so far behind? And I can't even do simple math so I can't imagine trying to do anything harder! Poor Molly! Hopefully labor isn't too long/hard for her!

Robin: WTG on being SF! Keep up the great work!!

Leenie: :hug: :wave: how's it going?

Well, made cookies yesterday...and promptly stuck a gob of dough in my mouth! UGH! You'd think I'd be over the "habit" of doing that. Anyway, I screwed up the dough (I think I forgot some flour) so now I have to make them over again today! So I'm determined NOT to stick anything in my mouth that isn't LC!!! Stepped on the scale and it was up a pound...so hoping it's just because TOM is still around. I'm not going to step again until Saturday for WI. Then I'll have my tape measure as well, so we'll hopefully see at least a loss there. Ok.....onward to getting stuff for Youth Group done.
Don't forget your water!!!!

SherryA
12-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Gotta get it back. I feel miserable. Acid reflux and everything. Too much JUNK in me.

So three days to get back to ketosis and to re lose some of this awful quickly gained weight. Sometimes I can't believe how FAST I can gain weight. It shocks me. My scale today was up over 10 pounds from just a week or so ago!

beach bum
12-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm backkkkkkkkkkk!!! from Hula land. It was the greatest vacation ever.It really paradise on Earth.We came home last night,at 12 midnight.,both of us slept in-as the jet lag really hit us. I have so much unpacking[clothes]and wrapping [Christmas Presents]to do,don't know how I'm going to get everything done before we go to out DD's next Thursday for Christmas.

Well heres some lights of our trip,We arrived at San Diego,where there was a bus waiting to take us to the Cruise Ship. When we got to the receptionist,at the front desk,she told us the we were up-grated to the deluxe suite.A bottle of champagne & floral bouquet were there for us to celebrate our 40 th wedding anniversary.Couldn't believe that we were next to the penthouse. Next we walked up to the Lido deck where they had a buffet for all passengers. Hamburgers, hot dogs, French Fries you name it it was there. I was like a bull in a china shop. I'm paying for it now and I really GAINED on this trip.

Other than eating I spend some time in the duty free shop and bought a lovely brooch made out of sea shells,after that I went from store to store. Four days later we arrived in Hawaii. The first stop was Hilo, the weather was the greatest either. drizzled all day. The ship was rocking back & forth as the sea was kind of rough.Waves up to 15 feet at one time. Leo & I nearly fell out of the bed.

The first night being docked at Hilo,we were escorted & invited to the Kings Room where all the suite passengers can have their own private meals,away from the other others. We not being like that ate dinner and than went to where the others were. Can't believe how people with money look down on others that don't have it.Didn't go there again.

Next night we sailed to Honolulu. There the sun was shinning and we were allowed to go to the excursions of choosing or just hang out and shop. We bought lots of Christmas gifts for our family in that port.We went to the Macadamia Nut Factory and watched how they made different flavored nuts for retail. Next day we went to Pearl Harbor and saw the Arizona laying in the deep water.What a sad a somber place that was, not a word was spoken[eerier feeling].That night we went to the a Luau Festival. Firth there were arts & crafts. They help me make a lei for my head and wrist,Leo took pictures ,but I wasn't allowed to take them home,I was so disappointed..Stayed at Honolulu for two days,Left at midnight for Maui.

The next day we pulled int Maui,ship dropped anchor and we went on a tender to shore. Another day of shopping and later on that evening we had a Hawaiian BBQ. with dancers and drums entertaining us.Than to Kona to see little seahorses in captivity. They allowed me to to hold Barnie around my finger. He was so cute,he was afraid of me as I kept my fingers under water, the other woman held their hands on the surface and they were getting a little intimated. But my little Barnie felt sucure on my hand.Did you know that the male sea horse is the one who get pregnant??????????Interesting!!!!!!! Had my first Pina colada,loved it so much I bought a bottle of creamed rum in the duty free shop.

Before we left the captain invited the suite guest to a captain farewell luncheon and a tour of the bridge.Leo was now a little boy in candy shop. He loved listening to the navigator speak and let us see how a ship is run.

We than headed for home,but first the captain went by a new island that was just created. The lava was still running along the side and base of the little island. It took 4 days to get to Hawaii and 4 to return to the mainland.

Now thats our trip to the beautiful Islands of Hawaii,and we did find our clam shack,of a restful & peaceful cruise we both enjoyed.

Going to post my new weight.[168.5] Don't be shocked when reading it.Well go over the posts of this week and last tomorrow when I have more time.

Hugs :) Beach Bum

lilybelle
12-13-2006, 12:03 PM
BB, it's good to see you back and I'm glad you got to have your trip. I'd love to go to Hawaii sometime.

Brenda, my DD got that far behind in Algebra because she didn't know how to do the work and quit caring. Me and my oldest step-daughter helped her a lot the last few days and it's now all done. She is starting to understand it better after us explaining it to her. I had to review the book on most of it myself. I am sure that of the total of 13 assignments that she turned in today, she should be passing now. It really angers me that the school didn't even notify me that she was failing until she was so far behind that it was almost impossible to catch up. Of course, she could have told me. She never brought her math home, so I thought she was doing OK. She passed the first 9 weeks without a problem.

Robin, sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

Sherrry, Hi. You must be retaining a lot of fluid. It would be almost impossible to gain 10 lbs. in 1 week. I'd reset that scale. I do gain fast too, but the most gain I've ever seen in a week is more like 3 lbs. Drink a lot of water and flush your system out, you'll be surprised how much is just water weight.

No puppies yet.

aud
12-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Tx for the travelogue beachieB, really enjoyed over my coffee this morning. Ahhhhhhh, travel . . . . something else to fantasize about! I was just telling my Big Girl about the attack on Pearl Harbor 12/7 (she's 20 and her name is: MOLLY!:D ) The whole topic is vaguely familiar to her, but ITA with lilyb, that the schools aren't doing their job in some cases---Algebra OR History in ours!:( :mad: My Dad was stationed at Pearl Harbor and the devastation was made real to us by his seldom given accounts.:( I tried to recount to make it real for Molly (Dad died when she was only 1 yr old) - and added that its just another reason we try not to buy foreign goods/cars etc whenever possible. Which is increasingly hard to do as you all know.:(

rant over

Happy Anniversary beachbum . . . all pounds sound definitely worth it! Hope to go there someday . . . my nephew flew there and said the airport didn't even have WALLS - just open beautiful-tropical openess!!

Hi Sherry!:) I'm with ya on the challenge!:hug: I was feeling exactly like you do on Sunday - felt better almost immediately by Monday afternoon Induction! I have gained 10# in a week - a lot of it is bloat - it can drop off quickly so hang tough!

Doncha hate when you do something like stick cookie dough in your mouth w/o thinking brendanerb?:mad: I know I do! I've been unconscious for so long - its scary! Saw a Thread titled here in the Wee Hours: "Cookies Are Evil!":D :D Didn't get to read - but know that they are EVERYWHERE at my work! Gonna plan some lc treats/desserts like I did over the Txgiving holidays so I don't get that "deprived" binge trigger. Ate some peanut butter Ritz during the Hospital Vending Machine era of my life . . . next time will think of you and our DEAL b4 hogging them down!!! I'm determined to be at 225 by New Years. We'll do this brenda!

I'm doing good with getting right back OP with the eating . . . it's the intentional exercise that I'm just not fitting in!:?: I am walkwalkwalk--walking all night but need to somehow kick it UP a notch. I'm also drowning/flushing with non-stop water & green tea.

I'm enjoying seeing what robin LC eats on the menu-thing. Doesn't anyone else besides us two like the new format? It IS kind of long, I noticed--but loads right up. I can already tell that I'm not having much variety.:dizzy:

Wonder what Superman has done with Ms.LoisSpotDog???:devil:

I'll check back later to see how lily's PuppyWatch is going . . . Hang in there with Miss Molly!:p

RobinW
12-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Beachbum...sounds like you had a good time! Im not sure I ever want to go to hawaii. Alaska is more my speed :lol:

Aud, I think maybe the menu thread is too long? Maybe we can do a monthly breakfast/lunch/supper threads instead? Depending on how long they get in the month, we can cut them back to a week long thread. It just seems we are the only 2 posting in it. Whaddaya think?

Cookie dough Brenda? :lol: I smack dh's fingers when he gets into any dough Im making....something Ive never done. Its the finished product you have to quickly hide from me :lol3:

Sherry, hang in there.

Lori~ your little one is adorable!!

lady_adnerb
12-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Sherry: I feel your pain! I, too, gain fast. And don't seem to lose it as fast as it plops on me. We can do this!!

BB: That vacation sounds AWESOME!! Glad you had a good time and you'll get back into the swing of things when jet lag isn't dragging you down. Welcome back!

Lily: Sorry to hear it was the school also that didn't let you know. I don't know why schools have to be like that. We luck out and ALL grades (or missing assignments) are now posted online. We can check everything from what they eat (if they've taken hot lunch), if they've missed a day and a bunch of other stuff. Glad she's caught up!

Aud: The attack of the killer cookies!! ARGH!! Yup, we can do this. My goal is to stay OP until Christmas Eve (cuz I KNOW I won't be able to for those 2 days).

Robin: I always was a cookie dough eater. Doesn't help this is my 2nd type of favorite cookie (the first is chocolate chip cookie dough :lol: ). I don't post on the meal thread as I don't eat anything interesting to post :lol:

Danged if a gob of cookie dough didn't jump in my mouth again. But then I clamped my mouth shut until I got the dough in the fridge to chill. I've still got to bake it. Once it's baked I'll leave it alone. :lol: So now I have to stuff something healthy in my mouth while I'm making the balls to bake. Gonna go grab a venison sausage link :)

lilybelle
12-13-2006, 03:23 PM
I have to admit that last night while my 2 grandkids were here that I made cookies. Me and my step-daughter were playing cards in the floor and had some cookies on a plate to share. I went to DD's bedroom to give her cookies while she was doing homework and SD went to start a load of laundry. I walked back into living room and my dog was licking her lips. Yep, she ate our cookies. LOL, that's great for a pregnant dog. oh well, I didn't need them anyway and just made them because the kids were asking for them and I didn't have any packaged ones in the cupboard.

I have to say that after helping DD with homework that I can do algebra again. Especially those darn fractions and decimals. Yuck. Plus the worst is the Word Problems. Yuck.

Molly is in the back yard digging her hole bigger right now. She is moaning.

lilybelle
12-13-2006, 11:33 PM
aud, I like the new format. Just don't know how to copy and paste it. I'm going to have my DD do that for me. She is at a friends house tontite after **** week with the homework. I'll start posting my food as soon as she fixes it for me.

Ms Spotdog
12-14-2006, 01:54 AM
Lol! You guys are cracking me up!

We had a great time at the xmas dinner at Ruth Chris last evening! It is so fun to get dressed up like that and go out some place fancy once in a while. Steak was fab!

Sounds like you had a nice trip, beachbum. Never heard anyone talk about taking a cruise like that.

*whew* I'm gonna hit the sheets. Its been a loooong day: working on an audit of a little town which I have to travel a bit to - I didn't get back home until after 6 this evening (on the road 2 hours!) then ate some leftovers fast and rushed off to a Booster Club meeting at the high school. I was talked into becoming the treasurer *sigh* a couple months ago. It isn't much work but there are a few meetings a month. Don't know how I'm going to swing the meetings during baseball season, cuz everyone KNOWS I don't EVER miss watching my boys play.

Have a great evening all-

Kel

aud
12-14-2006, 04:28 AM
GO MOLLY GO!:)

Gonna see if I can shorten the menu Thread to a weeks worth . . .

Justwill
12-14-2006, 04:59 AM
Lilybelle, I feel your homework pain. My 5th grade son has decided he doesn't need to do school work anymore. We have struggled all year with this. He also sees a phyciatrist on a regular schedule. The new plan is that I need to stop beating myself up over this, stop yelling, pushing EVERY night for him to get his work done. It didnt work anyway. But now, it is up to him. He needs to make the decision on if he is going to fail this grade or not. He knows that I am here to help him with any of his work at anytime. But the school is onboard with me. His teacher, his councelor, etc. Its hard to watch him make the wrong choice, but its been a better home here not feeling that ANGER towards him. I just remind him every night, offer my help and keep a journal for his doctor. You must be thinking..is he ADD or have a learning disability? Well he is ADD and stratera has kept that under control, but does not have a learning disability. Dare I say he is LAZY? Just wanted to share.

lady_adnerb
12-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Lily: How's Molly doing? And WTG on not eating the cookies--even if the dog DID get to them first :) And to copy and paste, Just highlight what you want copied, right mouse button click. A drop down window should appear. After that does, just click copy. Then when you get to where you want it, right moust button click, the drop down window should appear, then just hit "paste". Or have your DD teach you :)

Kel: On the nights you have to miss the meetings, could they tape it so you would know what was said? And glad your Christmas party was fun :)

Aud: How's it going?

JW: My daughter has ADD but she's the opposite of your DS. Mine tries to be a perfectionist..so it takes her longer to do homework than it should. If she decides something isn't written neatly enough...she'll redo it! And I feel your pain on having to step back. I'm trying to do that w/the youngest DD. She doesn't think she needs to read or practice her flute. So I'm trying not to be a pain. Good luck!

Well, eating was good last night. After eating a venison sausage (and keeping a piece in my mouth while doing cookies) I managed to do the cookies w/out eating more. Well, I did get done chewing before I got the cookie balls in the oven....but decided they wouldn't taste good after the sausage :lol: Today I'm getting the Christmas shopping done. Or at least started. Can't believe I've waited this long. Oh...and our tree tipped over. Scared one of the cats (I think he's the reason it tipped. I think he tried to climb it) and broke a couple bulbs. UGH! So had to clean that up. Well, best finish up the stuff I need around here so I can get going early enough before the nuts get out on the streets!!

lilybelle
12-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Justwill, I went through the same thing with my son. From 4th grade on, it was a battle to get him to do his school work. He'd always tell me that he didnt' have homework and I'd find out he was failing after he was tons behind. He does have ADD and was on medication. He didn't like the med's because it made him smaller than the other boys and hurt his stomach. He was like a zombie. By 7th grade he quit taking the med's. He did eventually graduate high school and joined the Army. He scored high on his Army entrance test and has really excelled with the military. He has only been in Army Reserves for 2 yrs. and is now a Staff Sergeant. Sometimes I think school is just not their forte and they have to grow up and become dedicated to learn the things in life that are important to them. So, don't worrry too much about your son, he'll come into his own when he's ready. I know this is easy for me to say now, as I've already lived through it with mine. It was a hair pulling ride along the way, for sure.

Brenda, my DD is also a perfectionist with her writing. She tears up completed assignments and redoes them to make it look "neater". She does awesome at English and has had several teachers tell her that she needs to be a "writer". As for math, she just says "well, that is stupid". She has been in the gifted program since 2nd grade and I was oh so hopeful that I would never have the battle with her school work that I did with my son's. At least with her it is just math and not every class like it was with my son.

I got my grandson's at 11:30 last night. Their mom went to the ER because her right side of her face was swollen and numb and horrible pain in her right ear. I was a little peeved that her DH couldn't watch them because he had "to get his sleep". What a jerk. I was up most of the night with them. She got home at 5AM. I slept in til 10 this morning. He is absolutely no help with the kids. He gets home from work every evening, eats dinner, takes a sleeping pill and goes to bed.

My poor dog is huge and still very pregnant. I wish the puppies would arrive. She is so miserable, she is whining a lot. She can't find a comfortable position to lay in. Her belly looks like a barrell. I wish I had pic's, I'd post them for you all to see.

Brenda, I had a cat to tip over our Christmas tree before. Had broken bulbs everywhere. My cat stays outside now. So does the little stray kittie that showed up about a month ago. We call him scaredy cat, he won't let us pet him. He hangs around because I feed him. He's warming up to us a little and doesn't run off when we walk out on the deck now. He is probably a She and that is most likely why our big male cat didn't run it off.

aud
12-15-2006, 04:10 AM
I really enjoy reading everyone's news of the day here in the Wee Hours after yet another crazy night at work. Huge manpower moves in the works (for salaried,) eliminations (for hourly,) and threats of plant closure ad nauseum. Just so relaxing to sit here and catch up while the household is snoozing!

Hmmmm . . . lesseee . . . Molly-my 20 yr old-has ADD and Ritalin was a godsend that got her thru jr. high and high school. Truly. I hate reading about all the damage it could have done to her . . . but just remember how focussed she became once prescribed! The poor dear was doing the work and just not turning in/misplacing etc!:( I DID question whether she had it . . . the doctor told me to keep a journal too . . . one entry was when they upped her dose (tripled it in fact) - she curled up in the bean bag - watched cartoons and then napped. The doc said "Don't you realize if YOU took the same dose Mrs. Mom - you'd be UP/AWAKE/SPEEDING for DAYS!" School definitely wasn't for her lilyb! Right now Moll is investigating trade schools and so far interested in becoming a plumber or possibly an electrician--She's been off the Ritalin since 18/graduation - had a "rocky" year but is back on path. So glad to hear of your son's success!:)

Neat trick with the sausage brendanerb!:D I LOVE cookie dough - almost more than cookies.

I'm OP too - just can't get to the exercise . . . always tomorrow -

Oh, one more thing - anytime my niece would run to the store etc she'd say I've gotta get home cause her dh was "BABYSITTING" the kids!!! Can you imagine a FATHER refer to the MOTHER as BABYSITTING her OWN children?????:mad: I finally said that very thing to her - I think she just thought her aunt is a beotch . . . but my goodness---GET REAL!;) :D (He takes a sleeping pill as well.)

Arkansas Kel
12-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Hey all, I didn't fall off the planet. I've been so BUSY I didn't know whether I was coming or going. Worked crazy schedule (7p-7a 3 days on, 1 off, 2 on). I usually work those hours, but better days. My days off I was @ my Grans sitting w/ her, she's improving slowly. She continues to try to feed me. I got a little snippy this time. She said "you gotta eat." I said, "Gran, Obviously I've not missed a meal in my life, you just worry about u." She sulked up a min., then went back to normal conversation. Then AM I fixed her bkfast (had eaten my LC before she woke) & she said "Let's have toast," No Gran I already ate, thanks. I'll make your toast. She said "What'd you eat?" Like she was shocked. I told her summer sausage, 2 boiled eggs & cheese. She said "boiled eggs? who eats those." & walked off. I think I won. :snooty:

I'm suffering the Holiday sabateurs! Honey, it's the Holidays, a little won't hurt. You got to have some Holiday treats! These are so delicious you have to have just a bite. OK, well maybe. WHAT? NONONONO as I fend them off with my fork. So far so good. I've made a couple minor indulgences and behaved otherwise. My wt has gone down too! :woohoo:

Here's my inspirational thing for y'all today. I'm going out tonight for a college graduation. I'm wearing an outfit I got on sale that was too small before. I think as I'm shopping (it's christmas shopping all day today) I'm gonna grab a "no line undie" (my stock is all cotton granny panties) and knock their socks off. I tried it on this AM - and the dang thing fits!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! DH is asleep, I almost woke him up to show him. Will show him tonight. hehehe. Will really show him. hehehe. ;) I'm so proud, maybe I'll post a pic too!!! :sunny: This is so cool. To those skinny folks, going from a 24 to a 20 won't mean much (20 is obviously not a skinny minnie) but d#%^ I'm proud!!! They may even run a little big for 20's, maybe I'm more like 22, but I DON'T CARE TODAY. There's not even an emoticon for me today. Imagine all happy emoticons patched in here. I won't be so greedy as to post them all!

I'm staying OP today, planning my food before we head out (going to Jonesboro, they have every restaurant I can think of nearly), shopping all day, then gussying up for this graduation for my PROUD MOMENT!!! Must get pics.

Sorry I'm not responding to you guys much today & this week, I've a lot to do and I'm feeling really self centered today since I'm busting my seams with pride. People are starting to ask if I've lost wt!!! :encore: What's a girl to do but tell them.

Lilly: PUPPIES!!! Oh, they're little treasures! I love them when they are little paddle boats, can't yet stand so they push themselves around with their little eyes shut. So snuggly. Then they just flat turn too cute after that. You must send pics. I love animals, esp dogs!

Anyhooo, in my selfcentered mode - all ya'll check out my new and improved wt ticker!!!!!!!!! I feel like bragging today.

Arkansas Kel
12-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Quick question, on the new menu thing, if you post on it, can you just indefinetly edit your own posting to add your meals or will this thing just keep getting longer and longer and longer? ???

lady_adnerb
12-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Lily: Gifted huh? I've heard kids with ADD were very smart. I believe mine is as well...just too lazy in that respect to try and excel. I'm picking my battles! Any puppies??

Aud: It used to drive me batty when dads would say they were babysitting the kids. I'd say "oh, you mean those aren't actually your kids?" and they of course would be answer yes to which I'd say how can you babysit your own kids? :lol: My oldest DD started out on Ritalin. It was AWESOME the first week. Nice and calm around the house...but then it was TOO calm. She wouldn't DO anything (she was I believe 4 at the time she was diagnosed) so we changed to Adderall. Works MUCH better for her :)

Kel: You go girl! You've every right to brag and keep on doing it! If we can't celebrate here as well as get our butts kicked for not staying OP where CAN we go for support?? So you just strut your no lined bottom!!! :cb:

Well, ate a hand full of m&m's last night. I'm like WHAT AM I DOING? DH said the same thing. I said they're RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! UGH! I hate not having that control but the automatic "reach and feed" reaction! I'm doing my best to stay OP during this season (tomorrow we go to my parents to make MORE cookies PLUS I have to make candy yet). I told DH we don't need this junk in the house and he brought out "well, the girls can eat it" to which I told him that even though they're VERY skinny THEY don't need the junk either. So we're downscaling how we do things. Little bits of this and that but not bulk quantity like usual. Well, it's off to do email and then go pick up the girls tv's for Christmas. Yeah, yeah, yeah....I went shopping yesterday and didn't do it. Why? I really don't know. UGH! But after today should be pretty much all done for them. OH!! Got their electric blankets on sale! They were like $5 cheaper than at Wal-Mart :cb:

lilybelle
12-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Hi all,
Still no puppies yet. Hope she doesn't have them while I'm at the dentist and finishing my shopping today. Molly wouldn't sleep last night, she just get pacing the floor in our bedroom.

Kel, WTG on fitting into the new outfit. That is great.

I know that once while my step-daughter was gone grocery shopping her DH called her to come home to change the baby's diaper. Now, isn't that pitiful.

The weather here has changed drastically. It's 74 degrees today.

SherryA
12-15-2006, 11:08 AM
I truly believe that men will "get away with" anything you let them get away with. That by our actions and our responses to things we train them how to treat us. I would never put up with the child "babysitting" thing. A man who 'had to get his sleep' while his mother in law was up all night watching his kids wouldn't be much of a man in my opinion, and I wouldn't do it. I'd say "they are your kids, you watch them, while I take my daughter to the doctor".

Men truly get spoiled if we let them. And my husband is spoiled too! but not about the kids. He has helped with them from the time they were very small. He isn't much good with housework, but I'm still working on training him to help with that. He has the assignment of doing the laundry. We are ALL of us needing clothes badly because he hasn't been doing his job very well, but I'm not backing down. If I do it will be sending the wrong message, and I will be back to doing everything. I got him to agree to this one thing and he is darn well going to do it. No way I'm "training" him that if he doesn't someone else will.

In fact this is what he told me about how his mother trained him when he was small. When he wouldn't clean his room she would "usually just do it for me". So what message did SHE send? Procrastinate long enough and someone else will take over. NOT me. I refuse.

Anyway, regarding diet. I'm not doing very well. My best intentions keep falling apart and I'm not sure why. I am down 4 pounds from that high point I hit a few days ago (when I was up by 10 pounds!) It was a lot of water and undigested food still in me. I guess I am learning that I cannot handle white flour. It seems like the other things that I eat that I shouldn't don't affect me as badly as the white flour.

It is strange, because I can eat just about anything low carb or otherwise and I don't feel much different. Add in dough or bread and I'm messed up really quickly. I've heard that people have intolerance for certain types of things that are in wheat products. I'm not sure if that might be me or if it is just that my digestion is sluggish and that bread messes me up.

Anyway. I'm not yet back to induction. I had the headache all yesterday morning and then last night messed up. So I have to start all over again.

I'm deciding that my real problem is a lack of planning. I hate about Atkins that I have to shop so much. It seems like if I'm not doing low carb, there is always something in the house that I can throw together for a meal. It might be pasta or rice or beans or whatever, but if I'm on Atkins it has to be fresh meats and fresh vegetables and that those things go bad quickly or have to be thawed. When I look around my house after a while of not getting to the grocery store I feel frustration, because everything I see to eat is something I'm not supposed to have.

I think all the things that "keep" for awhile are high carb foods.

So I guess my real problem with Atkins isn't the foods (which I love for the most part) but the planning and the shopping. If I don't have the time or energy for those things, the diet fails on me. That and my serious chocolate addiction. I could give up all the other things (besides fruit) but chocolate is something I struggle with giving up. And low carb chocolate just doesn't always work either, sometimes it does, but sometimes that chemical taste just really bothers me.

I told myself that I was going to be doing this forever. I can see that my "forever" doesn't mean what I thought it meant. Instead of being successful for the most part and with only very occasional deviations. I can see that I'm going to have to be pushing myself back and back to low carb "forever". Frustrating, but necessary.

I was reading an article the other night by Dr Phil. One thing that I paid attention to that he had to say was "get real". To me that took the form of meaning that we can't lie to ourselves, we can't let emotion carry us away and hope that our emotional response will last and will keep us doing what we know we should be doing. He had a lot to say, not all of which I'm going to repeat here, but the "get real" seems to resonate in me. To me that means know yourself. Know what you can do and what you can't. Do the best you can, but don't let every failure be an excuse for giving up either. Don't set unrealistic expectations and allow those failures to meet them result in then having NO results.

I need to take the time to plan what I'm doing better. I need to take the time to plan what to do during a weak moment, or even to plan to be so full of healthy food that I don't have weak moments. I need to "get real" about a lot of things in my life. The way I spend money for one thing.

Anyway that's all I have to say. I'm still here, I'm still trying. I'm still failing and I'm still getting up and trying again.

lilybelle
12-15-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm back from the dentist and having my chipped tooth repaired. My mouth is still numb and it's impossible to drink my coffee.

Sherry, you're exactly right about men getting away with whatever they can. This is my step-daughter and when she called the other night to explain why she was bringing the kids over, my DH told her to come on without mentioning it to me. Then, he promptly went on to bed. I was mad at the whole bunch of them. I love the kids and don't mind helping, but I feel like she let's her DH get away with absolutely no responsibility. If I ever have to go to an ER my DH best have his butt there with me. I didn't gripe at my DH for going to bed as he had just worked a 16 hr. shift and had another one to work that next morning. I knew we needed the money and that he couldn't work that many hrs. without sleep. He did gripe at Samantha about letting her DH sleep while dumping the kids here. They didn't do anything for her at the ER except give her a pain shot. She had a bottle of pain pills in her car that she could have taken some of and waited til the next morning to go to a doctor's office. I hate to see when people use an ER for non-emergency things instead of going to their doctor. She is the world's worst about this for her or her kids.

I know exactly what you mean about having to really plan while on Atkins. I always do the best when I keep my fresh veggies and such stocked. I can look in the cabinet anytime and have meals to make that aren't on program. Another hard thing for me is dining out. It always has to be a sit down meal, no drive thru's. A burger without a bun doesn't fill me up unless I have a big salad with it. I am committed to this lifestyle, so planning is what I will always have to do. I'm glad to see that you dropped 4 of those lbs. back off. I hope I do the same. My eating was poor last night, we dined out, needless to say, I failed.

lady_adnerb
12-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Sherry: Your post was awesome! Brought some truths home with me! "Get Real" is perfect! And the part about putting expectations too unrealistic. I believe "Captain Jack" on "Pirates of the Caribbean" also said about there being 2 things...things man can do...and things they can't. Or something on that order. I need to figure out what is on the "can" and "cannot" do lists! Thanks again!!

Sherry: Do you plan on talking to your stepdaughter? Or go kick her DH in the butt and tell him to get over himself. Sorry to hear Molly hasn't had her puppies yet and is still pacing around. Hopefully she has them soon!

Doing good so far. 2 tv's, 2 DVD players and some food for the house. Not a lot of food so going to have to get that changed. But enough for a couple meals until I can do the full grocery shopping. I'll be glad when Christmas is over :lol:

lilybelle
12-15-2006, 02:32 PM
It is sunny and 74 degrees here today. Way too nice of weather for her to have the puppies. I'm sure now that she'll wait til Monday when we have snow forecasted. LOL.

I try not to say much to Samantha about her DH or kids. I always come across as the bi@@y step-mother. LOL. I did tell her once about propping the bottles on her youngest when it was only 2 months old. That pis@@ed her off good. Plus it certainly didn't change her lazy behavior. I haven't spoken to her DH in a couple yrs. He doesn't come around. He knows that we don't like him. I have seen her cook his dinner and him say that he doesn't want that and her run to Taco Bell to get him something to eat. I'd tell his butt to starve.

aud
12-15-2006, 03:22 PM
YOU GO ArkieK!!!:congrat: :cheer::hug:

Off to work early today - going to Committee Dinner this evening - wish me luck? Also gonna W/I before I go . . . :crossed:

WOW Sherry! What a Great Post! Insightful.:hug:

Something we could all work on together, I think, is the words: "fail" "failure" To me, its just like quitting cigs - ANY amount of time you're not smoking is better, you know? So ANY amount of time we're making good choices is better than the times we are poisoning our bodies with processed sugar/flour? Becoming insulin resistant/destroying our pancreases etc.

Just a thought.

Almost had a peanut butter attack in the Wee Hours brendanerb! Thinking of you and our deal - PLUS - the W/I today helped me to just go on to bed and SLEEEEEEEP. Had a gigantic glass of water instead.

I am the stepmother of adult "children" as well, lilyb. Can so identify!

Confession: I have done NO Christmas Shopping . . . gonna do it ALL on my B-day/23rd.:fr:

Confession2: I too have better luck on lc with planplanplan PLANNING. I also "promise" myself that I can OVEReat if I need to - but only on lc stuff.:chin:

Daily Menu Thread: I have been allowed to endlessly edit so far on my original Post.

RobinW
12-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Afternoon :wave:

Lily~ I tend to ignore my step dil as much as possible. Simply because I have absolutley no use for the woman! Harsh? Yup, and its well justified. So when it comes to the grandkids....and things myself or my dh doesnt approve of, we try to make up for it in our own ways. When my stepson left for iraq last year,(he's back now) the nonsense that went on with her and the grandkids was unbelievable (they live next door). She realized that she royally ticked me off, and I told her so. I also told her not to ask me for any help every again and that I dont take kindly to having knives in my back in thanks for what I did. (Im venting) Anyway, do what you can for the kids when you can. Thats my best advice. If you can get them to visit without the parents, thats your best opportunity. My step grandkids, get fed! hugged! loved! and their filthy winter coats washed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing pisses me off more than hearing from them that they have been eating cereal for supper for the last week. Or hotdogs!!!! I'll tell dh about it, and get him to call his grandkids over for just "grampa time" so we can feed them! I really hate it when his son is out of town, the difference is just amazing! Ok, Im done ranting........gonna take a big breath!

Eating is great! Exercise isnt! :lol:

Aud~ great going on skipping the pb snack!!

K, Im off to get started on stuff I should have started 4 hrs ago :rolleyes:

lilybelle
12-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Robin, I know what you mean. My SD has 2 kids ages 2 yrs. old and 6 months old. I don't know how that every time she brings them over they both manage to be wearing a dirty diaper. I constantly bathe them and wash their clothes. I keep outfits for them here so if I need to take them anywhere they have clean clothes. She feeds the 2 yr. old pure junk. Cereal would be an improvement in his diet. He eats nothing but chips, salsa, cookies and popsicles. I cook for him when he's here and he will eat better food when it is given to him. The 6 month old, she is feeding him ice cream and chocolate pudding already. Makes me want to scream. I constantly have to remind myself that these aren't my kids and I need to keep my mouth shut. Kids are very resilient and will live through the idiocy of the parents. Enough of my rant.

Molly is having a hard time breathing. I may be taking her to a vet tonite if these puppies aren't here soon. I finally got her outside and she is digging her hole bigger right now. She did start breathing a lot better after going to poopie. (TMI , I know). I think she just doesn't have room left to hardly breathe. She is humongous. If she hasn't delivered very soon, I'm afraid she'll be needing a C-section. My BIL is a veterinarian and he is guiding me on what to do for her. I am so thankful for his help.

beach bum
12-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Do forgive me for not posting after my return from Hawaii. I have been so jet lagged waking up around 9 AM and than with all the wash and Christmas Presents that have to be wrapped along with the cards,I don't even have a enough time to snack.

I lost 6 lbs so far and I'm very happy it coming off nicely. My DH thinks that I'm not stressed over my weight anymore,and see success for me in the near future. Maybe hes right. I haven't food journaled like I used to,since I'm home maybe,don't know for sure but that might be another hidden stress in my case.

Have to go start dinner, I promise I will post & read your post here tomorrow.

Hugs :) BB

RobinW
12-15-2006, 06:04 PM
yes they are Lily. I just always feel so bad for them. Hopefully our own dd's will have more sense than this.

lilybelle
12-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Hi BB, you're right. Starting now I am back to journaling every bite I take. It slips away from me when I don't. I feel fat and bloated today. Haven't exercised in a while. I'm getting my lazy butt on the treadmill tonite. I'm sure I have gained a few lbs. but it feels like 20. Which isn't possible since I weighed on Sunday.

Robin, my own DD better be great with my grandbabies. I sure won't hold anything back if she isn't. She has been raised better than that.

lilybelle
12-15-2006, 11:38 PM
I did it. I got my lazy butt on the treadmill and walked 36 minutes. 1 3/4 miles. The most exercise I've had in literally weeks.

aud
12-16-2006, 05:26 AM
w00t! I'm in new numbers at last!:carrot: 3 more lbs and I'll be right at the heaviest I've ever been - previously that is!;)

Couldn't read much tonight - read my "daily snacks" and you'll see why I'm cross-eyed!!

RobinW
12-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Good Morning

:cb: :cb: Aud :cb: :cb: Nice to see the scale going down!!

Been busy around here, but Ive been able to keep my eating under control. The lbs I put on while eating all those chocolates has finally come back off. So now Im only 2lbs heavier than I was 3 weeks ago :rolleyes: Ive still got a good 50lbs to take off before most of my pretty clothes fit. Im down to 4 shirts and one pair of jeans. It really has to work this time!

Im calmer this time. I know it has to come off, and Ive decided to eat lc, with more fruits and veggies. Keep the fats under control and little to no snacking. But Ive also decided that if I need that chocolate fix or what ever Im craving......I'll have it. I'll try the healthy choice of the evil first....but if its been weeks since Ive had something, Im not going to say no. It just leads to week long binges, that turn into months. Last year at this time I was 30lbs lighter than I am right now. Mostly due to fighting off the cravings and loosing.

So.......on we go, day 5 is done and on to day 6.

Have a great day ladies.

lady_adnerb
12-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Looks like we're all "on the go" today. Just checking in to mention my body is SOOO weird! Last night I had 2 pieces of pizza (not LC) and some chips. Add to that I had a handful of m&m's and to top it off last night I had a cinnamon roll (not sure why I ate it as I don't like that type. Not that type of packaged type that is :lol: ). So WI should have been a bust...but I'm down 2 pounds! I'll take it!! Going to do my best today w/the cookie making and such. After the sugar attack from last night I don't hold out for my willpower though. Just going to do the best I can during this time..and make up for it during the week (until after the holidays is my thinking) :) Have a great weekend everyone!!

RobinW
12-16-2006, 11:56 AM
When I eat sugar it shows on my face, regardless as to what my scale says :lol:

I need to take a photo....

....this is your face
.....this is your face on sugar :eek:

lilybelle
12-16-2006, 12:02 PM
aud, WTG on the scale moving down. Yeah.

Robin, glad to see your lbs. coming back off too.

Brenda, sometimes when I have too much sweets, I really have trouble the next day or two with carb cravings. Here's hoping you get through this OK. WTG on the 2 lb. loss. I'm sure my weight is up. I weigh tomorrow.

Last night after all the walking, I became ravenously hungry. I forced myself not to eat again. This is what I will have to do. Exercise makes me hungry every time.

Robin, my face does the same. It's broke out right now from the pudding the other night.

Arkansas Kel
12-16-2006, 01:02 PM
SherryA: I think all you need is a few recipes you can fall back on for a busy night quick meal. There are plenty. And don’t forget the convenience of frozen veggies! Frozen veggies rock when you are busy. Let me also recommend Ross chocolate bars (can get on the net if not available in your area) and Dove sugar free chocolate (OMG those are good, I get them at walmart). And you should know, you are not FAILING, you are winning, afterall, failing would be just quitting, you keep trying again. I’m proud of you! How many folks “fail” and that’s just the end of trying.

Lilly: POOR Molly. Surely she is close now. My last pregger dog paced just before popping the pups, I think from the labor pains bothering her. HA, bottle proppers. We tell them to stop that constantly at the hospital, mothers just roll their eyes and continue to do what they want. Good going on the treatmill. Maybe Molly should try it to get those babies moving.

Aud: Great job – always good to get a little wt loss high. :cp:

Lady Adnerb: As long as the scales move down more than up we’re making progress!!!

On my big day out, I lost my diet. Lost it bad. Ate a perfect LC breakfast, headed for Jonesboro, ate lunch. Lunch was at the mall to save time. Great Steak Escape. I ordered a grilled salad. Not very tasty. Was a big disappointment. Ate 3-4 french fries from DH’s plate. Still holding my ground more or less. Ate 2 cookies from Great American Cookie Company. WHAT? How did those get into my mouth!!!! They had cranberry white chocolate cookies. How was I to resist. I love cranberries and I love white chocolate cookies. I was doomed. They were awesome. I won’t lie. I savored those cookies. With my diet coke – HAHAHAHAHA. :cookie:

Ok, supper was 7 hours later because I went to that graduation and was running late so missed out on supper until after. I was so freakin tired, it was 11PM. We drove through Arby’s. Yes, they had a few salads to pick from. Yep, roast beef without a bun would have been fine. Nope, Cheddar melt roast beef bun and all with curly fries. Mmmm. So bad. :burger: :sorry:

I did get loads of exercise - walked all over several dept stores and the mall. Parked what seemed like a mile from the graduation and walked up hill (in heels, what was I thinking) to it. I didn't manage to park close to anyplace I went shopping so even more walking. BTW, I didn't mean I shopped in heels - I went to graduation in heels. :whoo:

Now the good news, got pics made!! My friend snapped my photo in my new outfit. Even better, those pants that were too little when I bought them, my DH says they look a little too big! WHAT??? Yep, a little too big!!! Check out my before and during in the progress section! :goodvibes

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1499386#post1499386

RobinW
12-16-2006, 02:32 PM
I think he's right Kel, but you look beautiful!! I love the outfit! (it looks like more than 13lbs gone tho)

Arkansas Kel
12-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Correction: since that date it's actually 15 lbs, plus situps! YAY situps!

aud
12-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Tx for not giving me a PUI ticket last night Everyone!;) LOL to read my Posting Under the Influence here this afternoon!:D :devil: Yeppers . . . had just a liiiiitttttttle too much Happy Juice to celebrate W/I and Christmas Camraderie . . . DID stay Food OP - AND dance :carrot: my butt off - but WOW what a hangover this morning!

DD is at the library right now to pick out some beginner Pilate tapes etc for us to try - she is into fitness only - both my DD's have no weight problem whatsoever Thank Goodness! So that should be fun tonight - its so surprisingly beautiful here today that first we're getting down to the Riverfront Trail for me to bike ride and Molly to rollerblade. My Lil One is at a Rollerskating B-day Party and then sleep-over - so it's Mom & Big Girl time. Pass the aspiring/sunglasses/Visine!!!:o :D

My DH's youngest son (18) had a baby with a 15 yr old & altho turning out well here a year and 1/2 later - still such insanity for Babies to have Babies. We've all rallied around to be supportive (DStepS has Primary Custody - which is a whole other story) - but can so relate to the bottle-propping - Blake's little head was almost bald on the back from just laying. It also broke my heart when I went out and got stuff for him to play with here at our house - "Entertainment Center" thingie to sit and play in - he just screamed and went stiff at the sight of it and wouldn't get in it. Later I found out it was prolly because he was just left in it too long at his Mom's - in front of the tv.:( Don't get me going on how BOTH smoke in his face - constant respiratory infections/ear aches . . . . . . :mad:

INHALE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BREATH

EXHALE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

brendanerb - I just hate when I eat something OffP that I don't particularly like---Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: ------------- like your packaged cinnamon roll - as a matter of fact - when I read that, I remembered eating the EXACT SAME roll one time!!!:hug: Now the Mall Cookies are a different story altogether - you CHOSE them and "SAVORED" them - totally acceptable in my book! I always throw the Top Bun out the window from any fast food - My DH calls me "The Coon Killer!":o :dizzy:

Sherry I wish you'd come back and Post! We can get thru this together GF! I'm going to search the Recipe Section like I did at Txgiving and have things in to make treats just FOR ME! And if I go nuts - its gonna be wolfing down all those Atkinsy Treats.

Robin - you are such an inspiration to me! Tx for the support! Ditto lilyb - Tx for being here! Hope Molly has those pups soon -

Arkie K - I think you're GONNA be an inspiration to me - I just can't get your pics to load!!!!:o :mad:

I'll bbl . . .

lilybelle
12-16-2006, 08:07 PM
I braved leaving Molly alone long enough for us to get groceries. We needed sustenance for this puppy watch. She's still breathing very hard at times and has started spotting a little. Expect pups anytime, but then I've been expecting them for about 5 days. She just won't tell me. LOL.
School is out for vacation now, so DD is home and can help me. MIL is coming by tomorrow. I usually go nuts cleaning house perfect for her visits. But, not this time. I swept kitchen, did dishes and vacuumed and made living room, kitchen and main bathroom look nice. So, that is going to have to be good enough. These are the areas that I straighten up everyday anyway. If she opens any bedrooms, she'll get an eyeful, esp. the kid's rooms. LOL. I have more important agenda, such as getting my lazy butt back on the treadmill.
walmart was packed. Like to have never got a parking spot. Didn't make a list this time and forgot some of what I usually buy. Forgot my Crystal Lite that I love to drink.Still have to go to local grocery store tomorrow. I don't buy meat at Walmart. I don't like theirs at all. Our local grocer has great steaks and pork chops that I always buy.

aud, my step-daughter left the baby in his car seat so much he about had a bald spot too. She was furious when I mentioned it. This is 2 children for her and I hope she doesn't have anymore. It's more than she can handle. 2nd oldest step-daughter is pregnant now and I think she and her DH will be great parents. These two girls are as different as night and day. The one has it all together. Graduated RN school, got married and is anxious for first baby. The other, well all I can say is she has a warm heart and doesn't hold a grudge. But, her life has been a roller coaster for sure.

SherryA
12-16-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm here Aud, I'm posting. Not on track, but here and posting.

I had some bad news a few minutes ago. A lady I know has passed away rather suddenly. She was a sweet warm wonderful woman and it has affected me more than I expected it to. She went in for open heart surgery the other day to repair a tear in her heart muscle that I guess she has had for many years. Now quite suddenly she's gone. Her husband and she were such a delightful and hospitable couple. I'm worried about him and grieving for her. A lot of people will be.

My daughter has never experienced the death of anyone she knows and it is affecting her more than I would expect as well. Both of us aren't sure how to feel right now. We find comfort in the Bible and the hope outlined there, but it is still a shock.

Dietwise? Right now who cares? Everything seems rather trivial right now including that.

Ms Spotdog
12-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Sherry - I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you and those that were close to her.

Just a quick flyby as I've got lots of stuff going on - 'Tis the season, huh? And then on top of everything our heater decided to just blow cold air all day! My Superman(!) came to take a look at it and the thermastat and couldn't see anything obviously wrong with it so I called the landlord and left a message. Wonder if he will be able (willing?) to get someone to come out on a Sunday and fix it.

I'm doing my annual christmas cookie baking (I KNOW!) - About 10 years ago my family decided that I bake our traditional family cookie recipes better than anyone else and I've had the job ever since. I've used Brenda's trick and have been picking on a roast chicken instead of cookie dough. It works!

Have a great evening all - stay warm!

Original Kel

lilybelle
12-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Sherry , I'm also so sorry for the loss. I know how difficult it has been going through a loss with my DD and helping her to cope. I hope your DD is doing OK.

I walked again on treadmill last night. Glad I'm back to exercising.

Was up almost all night with Molly moaning and whining every couple minutes. Still no puppies. She is now refusing to come inside which is totally strange as she is a house dog. She is cowering when I try to pet her and comfort her. I think it's because she's in pain. It breaks my heart to see her hurting and this is definitely her last litter. She only had one previous litter and we didn't go through all this last time.

I bought groceries and even though I hadn't planned on it, I got the stuff to bake cookies. Now,, to see how long I can go without baking them.

SherryA
12-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Lilybelle, perhaps you should take her to the vet? We had a dog that went into labor but was unable to deliver the puppys without a vet's help. She was a little fox terrier (looked a bit like Benji), and had been impregnated by a Boston terrier. Boston Terriers have big heads (They are the little black and white dogs with ugly bull dog type faces). She went into labor but couldn't deliver. My sister and I were home with her and my mom was gone. When my mom got home she recognized that the dog was having trouble and took her to the vet. The vet said that often Boston Terrier puppies need to be assisted into the world because of their big heads.

Your dog may have something similar going on?

lilybelle
12-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Sherry, my BIL is a vet. He came by this morning and checked her. Said she is OK but cervix isn't dilated yet and for me to keep watching her. He has been a vet 20 yrs. and I trust him. There is definitely a pup pushing against the cervix and it shouldn't be long now. Anyway, he went to church and is going to check back with me after church. But thanks. I had considered taking her to the emergency animal clinic, but since BIL is helping felt that I would heed his advice.

aud
12-17-2006, 11:51 AM
awww, sherry - that sucks.:( You & yours are in my prayers. I was born so late in my parents life that I think as I grew up I kind of hardened myself to death/accepted loss--as one by one most all of the relatives/family friends passed. My DD was recently floored by a similar loss and I had to take a step back after realizing she'd never experienced loss such as this.:( Hang in there!

QuickNote: Molly is experiencing the same thing I did in delivery, lilyb!!! Darned ole cervix!!!:dizzy:

Hope you're staying warm Ms.SpottyD - thermostat fixed OR Superman close by!:D

It's unseasonably warm here and I'm getting an earlier start to get out there today - my hangover prevented much activity to late in the day yesterday---altho' I did manage 12 blocks.

I also planned some Holiday Treats for me-- from the Recipe Section here and got the ingredients in:

*Rob's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies pg 4

*Orgasm in a Bowl--couldn't resist! LOL!;)

*Pumpkin Pudding
*Pie Crust - both pg 3 - gonna combine

*Funeral Fauxtatoes

Ought to get me thru the Holidays/lay off - I don't return to work til something like 1/17 so need to get my pantry prepared - don't want to fall back to UNconcious eating and also don't want to feel "deprived" when I make all the Holiday Goodies for the Family.

Noticed that with most of these recipes, I could tweak them to be a lot lower in carbs!

Has anyone made any of these? Any other ez faves?

lilybelle
12-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Molly update. She was breathing so hard that I got very worried about her. Took her to Emergency vet clinic while BIL was at church. Vet was worried that pups might be in distress. So , did an Ultrasound and they are all OK. Put her on some calcium tablets and I brought her home. He said the haggared breathing will continue until she delivers. Her cervix isn't dilated and he thinks it may be up to 48 hrs. before she delivers. Pups are big and healthy and I was told "at least 14 of them". No wonder she is in such misery. Her temperature is normal and she showed no signs of infection, which I was getting worried about. At this time, the vet doesn't think she needs to have a C-section, which I'm thankful for. BTW, she weighed 120 lbs. , which is really big compared to her usual 85-90 lbs.

aud, I'm going to look up those peanut butter chocolate cookies, sounds yummy.

LoriAS
12-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Still working on "catching up" on the posts. I've had a horrible weekend, starting Thursday. Pizza party, christmas party, brunch...eeeek! I just keep repeating to myself "but you've lost 9 pounds!!!" I am determined to get back on the wagon today. I will trying and catch up on my reading also!

SherryA
12-18-2006, 10:01 AM
There are two weeks left in this year. I have decided that I definitely want to end this year on a low note (low weight anyway). So for me it will be induction this week, and 30 minutes of exercise (aerobics) every day until the end of the year.