Simply Filling/Core - Core Chat for Dec. 11-17, 2006

View Full Version : Core Chat for Dec. 11-17, 2006

Katpo
12-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Rhonda, I hope you're feeling better today! That's a good news/bad news sort of situation. There is a line in "The Devil Wears Prada" where Emily says "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight." :rofl: We can surely all relate to that here!

It's foggy and humid outside this morning, with a high near 70 for the afternoon but some maybe a little bit of misty rain too.

I'm off to post my menu and will check back in a while. Happy day to you all!

Vickie
12-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I can only stay for a few minutes. I've a big day ahead of me, starting with my weigh in. Then there will be lunch, a half million errands, and the "real wrapping". Yesterday was consumed with sorting and making sure that I had the correct presents for everyone, finding boxes, and putting tissue in them. Later today the actual wrapping will occur. I didn't think I had much until I started boxing. Then the pile grew. I hope to get it all done today but if I can't, I can finish tomorrow.

Rhonda, I hope your virus doesn't last long. That is NOT the way to lose weight my dear.

Sandra, I printed those fall muffins a couple of weeks ago. They look fabulous but I haven't made them yet. I'm thinking that I'm going to make mine with pumpkin. Thanks for the recipe site. I've bookmarked it because I don't have time to surf there now.

Kathy, how did all of your framing efforts go? That sounds like such a heartwarming idea. My Sister has given me framed old pictures for Christmas several years and they made me cry each time. One was a picture of me with my bunny and the other was a picture of my Dad in his Navy uniform. I treasure them. Did you get all your baking done? I can't do mine until the end of next week because everything I'm making will go stale.

I'm glad I checked the board before I posted. Now I got to post in the correct thread!

Katpo
12-11-2006, 09:39 AM
The framing is on hold because I have decided I can't do everything. Judd is going to have to surgically remove his butt from the recliner and do his part.

I made snack mix last night and put it on a cookie sheet to cool before putting it in bags. He came in the kitchen and made a can of soup, but turned the burner on under MY COOKIE SHEET and not his pan of soup ... then left the room! I started smelling something burning and when I went in there, I thought I was going to faint. The whole thing was ruined, all because he was not paying attention. And besides, we aren't speaking anyway because I built a fire Friday night and a log rolled out, and he jumped all over me. I don't mean a little bit either, he was being MEAN and I decided he's not a nice person and I don't have to live that way, so I have absolutely nothing to say to him and probably won't for a very long time. If he doesn't change his tune PDQ, he will live to regret it.

All that to say ... nope, I didn't take the things to be framed. I've already done all the work to get the enlargements made, and so it looks like his family won't have Christmas gifts if he doesn't do something about it. I hate to be like that but he is how he is because I've allowed it. No more. He can grow the **** up.

Grrr ...

Now I need to go take my blood pressure medicine.

Katpo
12-11-2006, 11:19 AM
So in light of the irritation I'm feeling, and the fact that a coworker passed away this morning, I switched to Flex for the week. I needed some potato chips. :nono:

Bad part, though, is that according to the new rules, I only have 18 pts for the day instead of 20. I had to juggle a little to get in all my milk and oil since they take up at least 6 of those points. Looks like chicken and salad for SURE for dinner. I was able to make do with the rest of the day though, so I shouldn't be hungry.

Vickie
12-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey Chicks! I'm just now back from errands, lunch and WW. I lost the pound that I gained last week. I need to start making progress. It's up to me.

There is a big controversy over Core and snacks. I haven't read all the material yet so I can't speak with authority. However, I knew that people were saying that SF/FF pudding was out. I found it on the Core list. There is a page that lists Core snacks. I specifically asked my Leader if those were the ONLY Core snacks we could have and she said no. I was sitting next to the Regional Director (the Boss of my Leader) and she didn't correct her. Personally, I think it would be better to snack on fruit and milk if we can make ourselves. I've been trying to eat less at meals and snack more on healthy stuff IF I need it. I'm going to read all my stuff and pretty much keep on doing what I was. Kathy, I think there is something now about yogurt and cheese (including cottage) counting as a milk serving where it didn't before. Maybe this will help you.

Kathy, I can't believe Judd was SO careless. I'd have been plenty angry too. After all that then you find out that you are limite to 18 points! YIKES! I'd feel like I was starving. Mine came out to 30 even crediting 0 points for my lifestyle.

Vickie
12-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Wow....someone in your office died. That's horrible. I'm sorry to hear that.

Vickie
12-11-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm going to go relax for a while tonight. Jim wants to watch the Bear game tonight so I'll wrap while he's watching. I'll let him have the big screen. Football looks so awesome on them. I'll go into the dining room and watch Christmas movies on the living room TV while I wrap.

But first...a rest on the couch.

Katpo
12-11-2006, 05:06 PM
No, pudding must still be ok. The tools list all the Core foods and it is current. FF/SF pudding still has the Core checkmark.

That's pretty good news about the pudding, cottage cheese, etc. being counted as a milk serving (because I was doing it anyway! OOPS!) ... now if could only learn to like FF plain yogurt. For now, the only way I can take it is to make the yocheese from it and spread it on crackers. I'd love to find a good cracker that would only be 1 pt per serving. It irritates me to spend 2 pts on whole wheat Wheat Thins.

Great news about the pound! Honestly, a pound at a time is all we can do, isn't it? It's just so darn tough.

Vickie
12-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Wow...now I really need to go wrap since the board has been so quiet!

Kathy, I heard TJ's has some good cracker. Have you tried those Wasa ones? I think they are less than 2 points for a pretty big serving. I haven't tried them yet. I'm still not over the bad experience of the rye crisps in the 70's!

septembersgoal
12-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone...just checking in to say hi and that I'm still here...just trying to get a paper done that I have to turn in tomorrow. It's a stressful time, but it's almost over!! Aaron is done laying the floors in our LR/DR/Kitchen area and it looks beautiful!!
I hope that everyone is having a great week so far. :grouphug:

Froufy
12-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi chickies,

Happy Monday but I"m glad it's over - what a crazy busy day - lots of problems at work, an uncooperative photocopy machine, people who would not return calls, a person who did not show up to the meeting and he was the KEY to the whole problem, big sr management mtg, signatures required by 5 pm, miscommunications all over the place - you get the idea! Yes dh ordered pizza for supper (2 for 1 night) but I was able to get by with only 1 slice - quite an accomplishment.

THE BEST NEWS OF THE DAY - the frouf is on the road again - yes my next cruise is BOOKED BOOKED BOOKED - and I'm EXCITED, EXCITED, EXCITED! After dh's non-travel announcement I decided I certainly wasn't waiting around for him - so off I did to do some research - found the PERFECT CABIN (and let's just say it was touch and go getting it today!) - which can be used for a solo person (just little old me) or shared - 2 oceanview windows yet priced cheaper than an inside (one of the 'special secret cabins' us avid cruisers are aware of!

8 day eastern visiting San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Tortola and Antigue - are you FREAKING OUT LIKE ME??? Isn't that like the best (and 2 days at sea at the end to just relax and veg out) - March 3rd I'm outta here!

Asked cruise buddy Andrea if she wanted to join me (I have a week to add someone to the cabin) otherwise I am going myself! (unless I have other takers). Have also advised my cruise buddy Ray in Vegas hoping he will join me/us (last time he spoke about sharing a cabin - but I don't think I have that level of comfort with him!). Airfares still very high so I am on the hunt for a seat sale!

Rhonda - hope by now your tummy is feeling better! Poor you! (If I hum a few bars of "noche de Rhonda' will that make you feel better? :D)

Vickie - congrats on getting rid of that lb - good for you. Vigorous wrapping should certainly burn off a few of those calories too! How's cindy doing?

Sandra - where are you?

kathy - I would have been furious if that happened to me too - I guess Judd wasn't being very careful? What nerve of him to get upset about that log! And I agree he should take some responsibility for the gifts - esp if they are for his family!

So I'm on some 1/2 course tomorrow (see how excited I am?) - then meetings in the afternoon - feel like I am on a treadmill as xmas holidays approach and I try to get things accomplished. NOt sure if I am taking off the 3 days between xmas and new year's - may now consider 'saving' them for March (altho I know I have enuf leave!)

Did not sleep well last night - and sure hope tonight is an improvement!

nitey nite!

Frouf

Vickie
12-11-2006, 11:06 PM
I didn't wrap...not one tiny package! Very, very, tired. I hope I'm not getting sick.

ontarget
12-11-2006, 11:17 PM
hi there. it's been a marathon day. we trained, i cooked, i shopped for hours, then i went to mickol's school program. curtis was at the archery club meeting. tomorrow night we go to shayla's program. i'm having a ball!!

vickie, congratulations on losing that pound. this is a very hard time of year to not gain so that pound is really like losing more. i hope you're not getting sick. did you catch something from rhonda?

kathy, i'm sorry about the tension in your home. i hope you and judd can work things out.

frouf, another cruise? am i jealous or what! you're going to have a blast. remember, i'm living my cruises through you so be sure to keep us posted on every detail.

melissa, i'll bet your floor is gorgeous. now you hurry up and get through with that paper and start posting more. i miss you.

gotta go. curtis is lonesome. i haven't been with him much today.

Katpo
12-11-2006, 11:51 PM
I went in and told Judd that I was done being mad at him, and couldn't stop speaking to him forever, so that was that.

Kate came over and picked up one of the desktop computers. Bless her little heart, she's such a softie. There's a lady at work who just transferred here from west Texas. She has two daughters and it sounds like she's recently divorced. She mentioned needing a computer for her kids, and not being able to buy one, so Kate asked me if she could have one to give the lady and I said sure. We have too many anyway. She was going to keep it a secret but said she couldn't stand it, so she told the lady first thing this morning. Of course, the lady was really excited.

I took off work at 2:00 today to do a few errands and even though I did a lot of driving, I don't think I got anything done. I was looking for small TVs for the guest rooms and didn't really find anything I like so I guess I'll keep looking. I don't suppose it's urgent because I think Shaun will be the only "guest" over Christmas, and it sounds like Kate's going to stay in her apartment at least for a little while.

Food for tomorrow is planned; now I just have to follow thru with it.

Night, all!

ontarget
12-12-2006, 12:30 AM
kathy, i'm glad things are working out. that's nice of kate to give the lady the computer. she's a good person.

Vickie
12-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I feel ok this morning although run down. Jim is taking Cassie for her bath and will be running some errands. I'm going to shower and get ready after breakfast and wrap until I have to go for my hair appointment. Maybe I'll feel perkier after I get all dolled up.

I making dinner tonight and tomorrow and already know what we are having. Tonight is Chicken Chili with Core corncakes. Yum! Tomorrow is Spicy Chicken Cacciatore over ww rotini. It's truly delicious and might be one of my favorite Core recipes. It's loaded with veggies and flavor. I think I already posted on our recipe board. It originally came from the WW board but I think I tweaked it a bit for spices and such.

How were all of you after I went to bed last night?

Vickie
12-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Melissa, I hope it was the second of the papers and that you are now done with school for a while. I'm very much looking forward to chatting with you more. I'm sure your floors are beautiful. I'm very jealous. Jim and I are NOT handy at all. I'd love to have wood floors in our entry, small bath, and entire kitchen area up to the family room. I'm guessing it would cost us about $6,000 to have it done. I'm not sure how much it would add to have them take up the tile too. Can we see pictures?

Frouf, I used to hate those kinds of Mondays. It was great that you stopped at one piece of veggie pizza. I ate more than that the other night. Congratulations on your cruise. You are always your happiest when awaiting a cruise. I'm guessing DH didn't buy the xanax idea since you are likely going alone! My GF loved Puerto Rico. She's been all over the world. I'm content to hear the stories and look at the pictures. The cabin sounds awesome!

Sandra, you do sound like you are having fun. I'm glad that you are happy to be home. I was afraid you'd be sad.

Kathy, you have raised some generous children like their Mom. That lady is very lucky.

Rhonda, so where are you? Are you getting better. It's been a long time now.

I'm caught up with you all. I'll go make a menu thread now and get my day started.

Vickie
12-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Hey Sandra, how were those muffins?

Katpo
12-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Good morning! I am so late checking in ... where has the morning gone?

Your dinners sound very good, Vickie! Tonight I simply must cook dinner since I've been on strike for the last few days. ;) If we have some WW ziti, I might make baked ziti -- otherwise it'll probably be LO roasted chicken with some sort of vegetable. There's just too much to do in the evenings to "waste time" cooking! I really should be utilizing the crockpot more.

I'll be back in a bit. I need to take a work break. I mean, a break from goofing off and do a little bit of work. Then I'll get back to my goofing off. :lol:

ontarget
12-12-2006, 03:28 PM
hi there. we just got home from lunch at applebees. i had the tilapia entree/rice/veggies. 6 pts. i don't know why they don't use brown rice, but i'm not complaining. it was yummy! we each brought home a dessert. curtis got something loaded with pts. i had the ww chocolate/raspberry cake. of course, we ate as soon as we walked in the door. don't know why we didn't just eat it there. my cake was 4 pts. i'm thinking it would be even better if i ate it there and let them fancy up the serving; plus, i'd order hot tea.

vickie, the fall muffins were fabulous!!!! i accidentally put in too much oil. (4 T instead of 4 t) (i know that was bad.) next time i'll use 4 t oil and maybe add some applesauce. also, this time i added some raisins. i may add some raisins and walnuts next time. i'll have to count waps.

kathy, i need to do some crockpotting, too. i got a recipe the other day that i posted here. i'm going to try it soon. i love to goof off. that's like me!!

Vickie
12-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Hey all! I'm a redhead. Well, reddish blonde anyway. I was looking too ashy for my taste. Anywhooooo....I just finished cooking and eating dinner and now I'm going to go spend some time with Honey Lamb.

I didn't wrap any presents again today. I'm going to be SO sorry if I don't get to it soon. I've been procrastinating badly. Now I don't want to do it tonight either. Santa would be SO disappointed in me.

I'd like to say that I was perfect on program today but I wasn't. I ate past satisfaction at dinner because I was ravenous when I ate. I'll not have anything else tonight except for my hot milk.

Have a great evening.

ontarget
12-12-2006, 07:32 PM
vickie, none of us are perfect. we just do the best we can. you were op--that's what counts.

i haven't wrapped any presents yet either. i did get the artificial, pre-lighted tree out and will put it up tomorrow. we're going to shayla's school program tonight. that should give us more spirit.

we each got 1.5 hour massages today. man! do i feel good or what!!

ontarget
12-12-2006, 07:37 PM
linda, i just read your post over on the other board. congratulations on losing that pound. tell dd congrats on reaching 10% . what a great nsv getting asked out on a date!! this makes me smile. i have been there--done that. 16 is a hard age sometimes.

i am anxious to go to ww this week and find out everything i can about the changes. it does sound like they are tightening up on core folks, doesn't it?

aghiowa
12-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi all! I got through day 1 of teaching preschool this week. Now I just have Thursday to do, and I'll be free again for the next 4 weeks. :lol: Thursday we get to go to a nearby rest home and put on a little Christmas play and sing some songs. The kids are so cute, but clueless. Oh well, I have a feeling the residents aren't going to care.

I am really thinking of going to my doctor...for the last year or so, I've been really battling fatigue. I feel tired all the time, and I usually get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. Some days I have to take a nap just to get enough energy to finish my day. Granted, I am pretty busy, but still... it's so frustrating to think of all the things I'd like to be doing, but end up sitting in front of the computer because I don't have the get up and go to, well, get up and go. I'm wondering if I'm anemic or something. I always was when they tested me when I was pregnant, and I've not been very faithful in taking my multivitamin. And I know that allergies can cause fatigue, but I've been getting allergy shots for the last 2 months, so I would think that would be improving. I also have wondered if I have very mild asthma. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on, or maybe this is just the way life is and I'm just lazy and should just deal with it. Hmm.

On the food front, I've been doing terribly. I need to go back to full Core with no excuses. My mom and sister are heading back to WW meetings tomorrow, but I can't afford them right now. Doesn't mean I can't do the program though...I know it like the back of my hand! :D

I'm so glad this board is becoming active again. I need to remind myself that others are working the program, and that there are others in my boat (or on my wagon?)

I'm off to make some cute fleece hats for the girls for Christmas.

Later ladies!
Angela

Katpo
12-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Angela, please do get checked out if you think something is wrong. You're much too young to be so tired -- there really might be something going on. I feel like I've been tired for the last 15 years! :lol: It sure doesn't help having three kids (I know what you live thru every day) and a house to keep clean and people to keep fed.

I switched back to Core today on my online membership. Actually for maintenance it says you can switch between the two every day if you want to. While I'm personally not in maintenance, I am as far as my WW goal (which they set as 145) so I'm switching as needed.

I just finished making my lunch for tomorrow, and now Judd and I are watching The Devil Wears Prada. It came out on DVD today and he knew I wanted to see it, so he stopped on the way home from work and got it for us. I thought that was nice.

I talked to Shaun today and he said he might be going to Iraq in the spring right after his tech school is done. He was told yesterday that the type of plane he's working on will be going over and there's a good chance he'll be going with it. I guess we'll know more later. Meanwhile, he's really looking forward to coming home at Christmas for a week or so.

I finally decided that I'm getting my eyelashes dyed tomorrow night so that I don't have to wear mascara anymore. The mascara really messes with my contacts.

And that's about all I know right now. Food for tomorrow is decided, so I think I'll go start the menu thread.

Night, all!

Tejas
12-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Night, Kathy!

Hi All:

Whew, what a whirlwind since I got back from all these travels and all the emotional ups and downs. Then the stomach virus. It really only lasted about 18 hours but my tummy is still rumbling and I didn't take good enough care of myself today around food. Yeech...

Thank goodness, tomorrow is another day.

My home computer ISP has been a mess for a while and today the techie came out and supposedly solved it. I couldn't connect at all from home yesterday. It certainly has been better tonight, so I'm optimistic. I could connect to my U of Toronto email faster from Texas and New Mexico than I could from across town!!

Froufy! Another cruise! I'm so happy for you and envious. I'm going back on one of those as soon as I can.

So, I'm headed to bed myself..night all.

Rhonda

septembersgoal
12-12-2006, 10:50 PM
:wave:

ontarget
12-12-2006, 10:55 PM
NSV ALERT!!!!

tonight at shayla's school program i spoke to our neighbor who lives across the street. he spoke back then asked me who i was. now that's a great thing to have happen.

angela, go to the doctor and find out what's wrong. you're too young to be fatigued like that. maybe those vitamins are all you need. we're all in that boat (wagon). i saw a sign on the gym wall tonight that says "success is getting up more times than you fall." we're all getting up.

kathy, i'm glad shaun is coming home for christmas. how is he doing? do you think the navy is helping him? wish we had a movie to watch now. there's nothing on. curtis is watching "miami ink."

rhonda, we've been in a whirlwind and our isp has been acting up, too. what's going on? i called our isp sunday and they now have it fixed. i couldn't get or receive e's all weekend. one friend told me his e's kept coming back to him saying we'd refused to accept them. oh my.

i just had a wonderful snack. it's not core but it's low in pts. it's the laughing cow cubes. (light lc cheese) it takes 5 to make 35 calories. i eat 6 on 6 club crackers. i feel like i'm indulging and i'm only eating about 5 pts. life is good.

night night, chickies.

Vickie
12-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I can't stay right now but I wanted to say Good Morning. I made a deal with Jim. He's going to run errands and I have to wrap....starting now.

So have a great day. I'll be back on my break to catch up with what I missed last night with all of you.

Katpo
12-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Happy wrapping! I really have to do that tonight too.

For some reason, those things aren't wrapping themselves like I thought they would! :lol:

ontarget
12-13-2006, 01:16 PM
i'm working on christmas stuff this am. the tree will be up soon. however, my weight is down this am. life is good.

septembersgoal
12-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi everyone! I can't stay but I just wanted to say hi. I'm sorry I haven't been around. Just finishing up with school stuff and trying to get ready for the holidays. We are having a party friday night for the band and choir that Aaron works with at church. The floor is done (well as much as we are doing before Christmas) and it looks beautiful. I'll try to take some pictures and post them tonight.

Kathy, did you really get your eyelashes dyed? I've never heard of that.
Vickie, I hope that you got everything wrapped up! :present:
Sandra, what a great NSV!! :bravo:
Rhonda, glad to hear that you are feeling better. :hug:
Angela, welcome back to the core wagon. :D

I've got to get to cleaning! BBL!!

Vickie
12-13-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm still wrapping! Hope you are all well.

aghiowa
12-13-2006, 08:20 PM
I had a roommate in college who dyed her eyebrows...it ended up looking really funny because they were way too dark for her complexion. She spent a long time that evening scrubbing at them. :lol:

I'm looking forward to watching the Biggest Loser finale tonight. I don't care very much about any particular contestant this time around, but I still like the inspiration of seeing their transformations.

Maybe it'll help me become inspired. :)

Later,
Angela

ontarget
12-13-2006, 08:52 PM
melissa, i'm excited you're almost finished and will get to be with us more. i'll be watching for your photos. i know your floor is gorgeous. have fun at the party.

vickie, i haven't done much today. curtis and i shut down and watched "lucky number sleven." i need to start wrapping.

Katpo
12-13-2006, 09:21 PM
I didn't get to go because (1) I left my gift certificate at home and (2) I couldn't find a contacts case this morning. The girls gave me a GC to the salon where I get my hair cut, which is where I would go for the dyeing. I will have to take my contacts out while they're doing it so I either have to look harder for a case or stop and buy one tomorrow. I wear disposables so I rarely need a case.

My mom used to get her eyebrows dyed and they always looked really funny for the first few days. It was actually a bit shocking, but we tried not to notice.

I'll try again tomorrow. They've been staying open late for people to get all purty for the holidays. ;)

Tejas
12-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Good Evening Everyone:

Melissa, I hope you're doing OK with the school work; it can get rather hectic this time of year.

I'm just getting started on the Christmas activities. It will be a quiet one, without too much wrapping going on. We're broke- after the wedding and honeymoon-just the way it ought to be!

There's always great music in Toronto this time of year so we might go to some concerts at various places. We'll also have a nice meal here and there with friends.

I won't be able to help wishing we were back in Texas with the grandbaby, although I have some important little ones in my life here in Toronto.

Friday, I'll start back to Pilates classes, after almost a month of doing nothing. I'll barely be able to keep up I'm sure, but I'll be there! :exercise:

Have a good night everyone.

Rhonda

Vickie
12-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Well, after DAYS of procrastinating, I'm done wrapping. I still have to put bows and decorations on most of the packages. My presents to Jim have bows and are under the tree. The ones going out of the house have tags and will get their bows tomorrow. Then they'll get packed in shopping bags for us to carry out on Christmas Day.

I'll try to finish up tomorrow morning before my foot doctor appointment. If not, I'll do it afterwards before we go out for dinner. Jim is excited that he can start wrapping his presents to me.

So that leaves cleaning my entire house from top to bottom, baking, and cooking for my little party the day after Christmas. I'm further along than normal which is what I wanted. I'm really trying to avoid stress which makes me eat badly.

I cooked dinner tonight even after the chicken I had defrosted was spoiled. I sent Jim to the store to get more and I cooked the meal that I had planned. In another life, I'd have sent him out for a pizza!

I also got a call from Doug, Cindy's husband. Cindy is doing better. They've dialed down the respirator to minimum and are considering weaning her off of it. She's had some bleeding but it has stopped for the moment. The only bad thing is her platets now. I told Doug the only thing that could have been better about his phone call is if she had called me herself to tell me! I cannot wait to hear her chipper little voice again.

I'm exhausted. Jim made me a huge mug of tea and I was going to have some Natural Ovens cookies but I'm too tired. I'm even too tired to shower which is VERY unlike me. I'm going to finish the tea and go to bed.

I'll be a better friend soon and catch up with all of you. I didn't even have time to read the chat thread today. I just tried to keep up with the miscellaneous threads.

I hope you are all well.

ontarget
12-14-2006, 12:00 AM
we've been working on christmas cards tonight. we're getting the spirit for sure. tomorrow i will work on either decorating or wrapping or shopping. life is good.

vickie, that's good news about cindy.

rhonda, could you e me erin's husband and baby's names? i have a card ready to send them. i do have their last name. just not the first.

kathy, we need a picture when you get dyed. we're curious.

i need to go edit my menu. i did great today!!

Vickie
12-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I slept horribly but I'm now up and ready to go. I've actually got a few minutes to go and read the board to see what I missed yesterday while I was being a wrapping fairy!

Sandra, I'm going to try the Fall Muffins today. I'm going to use pumpkin instead of apple or pear. I just have to figure out the measurements. I sent Jim out to get more Farina for me so I could make them. I've never had a massage. I'm sure I could use one. I'm SO happy that you guys are decorating. It does help with spirit, doesn't it? How flattering was it to have your Neighbor not recognize you! I know you must be looking very cute now.

Angela, you guys are going to bring down the house today! I hope you have lots of fun. I know that you will brighten the lives of all the people in the nursing home. I hope you figure out what's causing the fatigue. I felt tired all the time too and had my blood tested. I'm fine...just tired. It must be horrible to be exhausted and have little children to take care of. I'm also glad that your getting back on program. I'll be on your wagon, in your boat but mostly in your corner!

Kathy, did you like the movie? How does Shaun feel about going to Iraq? How do you feel about it? Not that either of you have any control over it. I can't wait to hear what you think when he comes home. I bet you'll notice a huge change in him. You know....let a boy came home a Man? Did the wrapping fairies arrive at your house? I sent them to you so I hope they didn't get lost.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're feeling a tiny bit better at least!

Froufie....oh Froufie....where are you?!!!!

Woo Hoo! Party at Melissa and Aaron's tomorrow night. I have to go find something cute to wear!

Well, I'm all caught up. I'll make a menu thread. I've got to eat breakfast and get ready for my Doctor appointment at 1:15. Then I'll put bows on the packages in the daylight when I can see better with my 50 year old eyes.

Oh yeah...and I'm having a bubble bath and reading my book after breakfast. It's my reward for finishing the wrapping!

Katpo
12-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Wrapping fairies should either be here tonight or tomorrow. The Christmas card fairies just left because someone came up with a few more people that weren't on the original list.

The movie was nowhere as good as the book. If you've never done either one, I recommend the book over the movie. I think Shaun would be okay with going to Iraq. I had already seen a big difference in him when I was up for graduation, and just talking to him you can hear a change. It's mostly in his philosophy; since he's one of the older ones, in a way he feels responsible for the younger ones. He tells me about their various mess-ups and troubles, and says "I just don't know why they can't do the right thing. If you follow the rules, everything's fine!" I sometimes feel like saying, "Yeah, that's what I've been telling YOU for 28 years!" :lol: Oh well, huh? He's a late bloomer.

It's going to be another one of those long days and after work I have to go back to Staples for the umpteenth time. I'm making a company cookbook and it's nearly done. Today's step is the final one before the binding, which will probably be done this weekend. They said they could do it in less than a day. It's very good and looks professional since I had the covers printed and am having the spiral coil binding. Everyone's excited about it.

I've also been doing an Overseas Coupon Program and that has taken a while. People at work bring me their expired coupons and I sort and batch them up to send to a base in the U.K. that we have adopted. It's a little time-consuming and I don't really have much extra time these days between the long working hours and what all I have to do at home in the few hours each evening.

Enough griping though ... I need to get busy. I'll check back later! Happy day to you all!

blessedwithsarah
12-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Hi everyone, its been a while. Work has been crazy and my home pc is on its last legs. January we WILL get a new PC and cable connections.

Our WW at work session ends next week - I'm out and in all honesty I've strayed in a big way over the past few weeks. The January session starts 1/10. I will be back and getting serious. I do hope to stabelize over the next few weeks. I'm still hovering around 180 - I guess it could be worse, But I really want to get back to my goal of 174.

I'm motivated by the new books for the revised plan. Some great recipe ideas, I may buy the intro pack shown that has reciepe book and full food listings. January is my MONTH!

I'm impressed with the wrapping fairies - can you send them my way? I have done my cards, DH should have mailed them today. I have my family over this Sunday - I need to wrap those gifts tonight so I can spend Saturday getting food and the house organized. The one issue I have is that I ordered a gift card from Best Buy for my brother after Thanksgiving. It was shipped at the end of November and it still has not shown up. The customer service said they can't consider it lost until after Friday. I guess I need to go pick one up on Saturday so I can give it to him on Sunday. If the other one shows I can always return it -- or so they say.

Otherwise I'm in good shape for Christmas. I'm off of work next week, although I thin I'll need to come in on Monday just to get some things done. Santa has been busy as well, just need to wrap. Sarah is in school next week so that will give me some elf time.

I'm off to read and catch up with everyone. Have a good day!

Vickie
12-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Kathy, your cookbook sounds spectacular! I'm sure it will be worth all the work to the recipients. I hope you get a few moments for yourself today.

Paula, you sound determined to get to goal soon. I believe you will. I still haven't had time to read my new program materials. Maybe tonight or tomorrow.

I'm home from my Doctor appointment and errands. I have an hour to put bows on before we leave for dinner. Gotta run. I'll check back in later if I can.

Frouf......where are you?

ontarget
12-14-2006, 05:39 PM
i'm not in a good mood. i hope my posts doesn't come across grouchy. curtis has been in pain and is in a grouchy mood. it's contagious i guess. i'm op, though.

vickie, one thing they said on the board when i got the recipe was that the grated apples "made it." let me know how the muffins are. i'm going to make some "fudge" in a bit using a brownie mix and pumpkin. i'm a bit doubtful about that one but i'm game to try.

kathy, you're not as gripey as i am. maybe we need to get together and have a pity party or something.

paula, i love your enthusiasm. way to go, girl.

Vickie
12-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Sandra, what's gotcha grouchy? You don't sound grouchy at all. I'm sorry Curtis is in pain. I watch Jim suffer and it's hard. Jim got a new prescription pain reliever. I don't know the name of it but it seems to be giving him some relief in his shoulder. The Ortho said he has pain because he is favoring the shoulder. I'll tell you the name if you're interested. You were so happy yesterday. I hope you feel better soon.

I'm off to watch TV. I'm done with bows and packing!

Katpo
12-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey, friends!! I am FINALLY home. Judd wants to go out, though, so his friend is on his way to pick me up. I'm making Mexican cornbread because I needed one more recipe for the book. I wasn't going to put it in until I did a dry run, so now we have dinner for tomorrow night.

I'll be back in a little bit to update on the day. It has been a DOOOOOZY!

ontarget
12-14-2006, 08:41 PM
vickie, what is the name of the pain meds? curtis hurt his shoulder when he was putting on a shirt this am. he's been grouchy cuz of pain. that made me grouchy. it's one of those:

"principal griped at the teacher;
teacher griped at the students;
students griped at their siblings;
siblings kicked the cats"

type of days.

he's feeling better and so's his mood and so's mine. life is good. thank goodness the gripey time is over.

we just worked together finishing up christmas cards. i got the pre-lit tree out but haven't put it up yet. tomorrow.

i also need to go to wi in the am. i think i've lost.

ontarget
12-14-2006, 08:42 PM
kathy, i make mex cornbread all the time. we love it. so what kind of doozy have you had?

where's frouf?

where's rhonda?

where's melissa?

where's everyone else?

Vickie
12-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Sandra, it's called Etodolac 500 mg tablets ACTAV. Good luck at weigh in tomorrow. I'm having a cup of tea and a Natural Ovens cookie. We are enjoying watching TV. I'm glad you and Curtis are both feeling better.

Katpo
12-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Doozy. DOOZY!

A long day at work. Then I took the copies to Staples to be cut (I made two to a page) ... went to the store to get things for Mexican cornbread. Leaving the store, and Staples called saying my order was ready. I went back and picked it up. Went to Walgreens. Went to get some gas. Put up the groceries and made the cornbread. Judd called ... we went out. Came home to stare at gifts that need to be wrapped. Found a letter to myself that I wrote in 2002 ... it made me sad. I tried to explain it to Judd and he doesn't get it. I'd like to have someone to share my life with. Oh well, huh?

So now I'm going to bed. Tomorrow I'll work for 7 hours, assemble the cookbooks, take them to Staples to be spiral bound. Then I'll come home and wrap gifts, address the Christmas cards to people that Judd just now thought of (Air Force people at Whiteman) ... clean up and load the truck for Saturday. Saturday we go to Tyler to my parents' house because they aren't able to come here. Sunday I cook all day so that on Monday, I have the things ready for people at work. Our closest friends got Gifts from Hersheys (http://www.hersheygifts.com) ... so we have to deliver them too.

I'm pooped.

septembersgoal
12-15-2006, 12:01 AM
:hug:

aghiowa
12-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Wow Kathy, sounds like a doozy. :grouphug:

And, drumroll please... I rejoined WW last night! My mom and sister ended up going to last night's meeting, and I tagged along. Dh said it'd be OK to spend the meeting $$ again...what a guy. :) At least as a "paying Lifetime" member, I didn't have to pay the registration fee, just the weekly one.

I'm excited about being back on the program, and I'm really going to give it a good go here. I want to be a good example to my sister, who has been skinny all her life until the last year when she put on about 45 pounds.

I am currently 138, which is about 14 pounds above my lowest weigh-in, and 8 pounds above my WW goal. Not too bad for 7 months of inattentiveness to the plan. I would like to try for a goal of 120 this time, as my healthy weight range is 109-137. The new cookbook they've come out with, "My Turnaround Program Cookbook" looks really great. We bought it, and will share it. :)

I hear my little one paging me from her bed ;) Better go.

Later ladies,
Angela

Vickie
12-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm just cleaning up around here today and putting away all the wrapping supplies that are literally spread all over my living room and dining room. Cassie will be happy to have her playroom back to herself! There is stuff everywhere! Jim and I are expecting 2 more items that need to be wrapped, so we'll keep a rolle of paper out to take care of those. I'll take the day off today except for planning the execution of the shopping list and the calendar to figure out when everything else will get done.

Now if I would just manage my weight loss efforts so well!

Melissa, hang in there! Is that class done yet?

Kathy, even your post sounds out of breath! The Hershey jar is cute. I'm a dark chocolate girl so I never look at the Hershey site. I never think of them for dark chocolate. They have some cute stuff.

Have a great day!

Vickie
12-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Angela, I could NOT be happier for you! DH is TOPS in my book. You sound happy. Congratulations! I'd have to say that you have been successful on maintainence. The most impressive thing you did was to get back before a 10 pound gain. We REALLY cheered for the people who joined before the holidays! It'll be great having you for motivation.

aghiowa
12-15-2006, 09:35 AM
:)

Tejas
12-15-2006, 09:54 AM
Hi All:

I've been feeling a bit grouchy myself but after reading the most recent posts, I'll put it aside. My troubles are small: my stomach mess has not gone away really. If it's still here on Monday, I'll go see a doctor.

I'm taking today and the weekend as totally OFF as I can. A friend is here from Saskatchewan and she's coming to my home to drink tea and hang out... that will be very healing.

Take care all of you busy holiday bees and remember "this too will pass"!

Rhonda

Tejas
12-15-2006, 09:58 AM
My remark about "most recent posts" hardly makes sense...I was sitting here staring out the window drinking tea and you were all writing in! Good to see the day is cheering up out there.

Rhonda

Vickie
12-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Rhonda, there's nothing like a great cup of tea and an equally great friend! I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Katpo
12-15-2006, 10:46 AM
So, Melissa, I have a question. Do you ever watch WLEX and if so, do you know a meteorologist named Tom Ackerman? It was his dad who was the coworker who passed away last Monday. I had been watching for the obit, never found it, and finally I decided to just go nationwide and search like that in an obit finder. They must not have put one in the local paper because services were going to be up there.

I'm trying to make all my lists so I can get everything done today. Hopefully I'll only be here until 3 or so (supposed to be off anyway today but you know how that goes).

Rhonda, I hope you feel better soon.

Vickie, I think they have dark chocolate too. What we bought were the big 8x8 cards that we had personalized. They are very cute and everyone likes them. They're like this, but are Christmas-y and have our names in chocolate (not white).

ontarget
12-15-2006, 01:41 PM
angela, i am so happy for you. i guess you saw at the meeting the chart that said folks who go to meetings lose 3x more than those who don't. i don't know if that's totally accurate but i do know i lose better when i go to meetings. also, coming here daily (multi times usually) helps a lot, too. you're lucky to have other family members doing this with you. i wish you all the best of success.

vickie, thank you for the medicine name. i'll give it to curtis. he said his shoulders feel like jelly today. last night he was very very depressed. i got worried about him. he had both shoulders replaced in 2000.

kathy, i looked at the site. those are cute gifts. your friends will love them.

rhonda, i hope you're feeling better. enjoy your visit with your friend.

i just got home from wi. i lost 1.6 lbs this week. i'm happy about that. now i need to get off here and make lunch.

later, chickies!!

Vickie
12-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Frouf, we haven't heard from you since Monday. Is everything ok?

Vickie
12-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Sandra, OMG!!!! Congratulations on your spectacular loss! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: You are just doing amazing! Something sure clicked with you. I'm ready to get serious.....as soon as the holidays are over. I've got about 3-4 meals for the holidays that I'm going to let myself have what I want. Primarily it's Christmas Eve, Day, and the day after. Then it's hard Core baby.

blessedwithsarah
12-15-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm with you Vickie - December 26th is 100% core. I'm really trying to be good in the meantime, but I have a family party this weekend, a few drop overs next week and then Christmas. My plan is to be core when I'm not having fun :)

Congrats Sandra on your loss! Way to go!
Congrats to Angela for going back to meetings the week before Christmas!

I'm proud of you both.

Well, here is my saga... As you may know nightly I walk my dog once Sarah is in her PJs. I extended my walk recently by about a 1/2 miles. I love walking at night, especially when its cold. (OK, I'm a feak!). Well, last night I stepped off the road and turned my foot. My ankle was fine so I continued. Later than night my foot started to hurt so I iced it then went to bed. I woke up around 2 to go the bathroom and I could not put any weight on my foot. Ended up keeping ice on it the rest of the night. This morning at 7:30 I was at the emergency room. I have a hair line fracture on the bone at the bottom of my foot.

So, now I have the wonderful support boot and a pair of crutches. The nurse was going to give me a cane and I said -- NOOOOO. The good news is that within a couple of days I should be able to walk on it. But I have 30 people coming over on Sunday. DH doesn't know it yet but he is cleaning and going shopping with me tomorrow.

UGH...... Hope everyone else is having a better day then me.

andreaphilip3
12-15-2006, 05:12 PM
paula i hope you feel better. youre not alone im sick as a dog and tryin to knock it out bf next weekend!

Vickie
12-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Paula and Andrea.....NO sickness or injuries right before the holidays!

Paula, it's taken my ankle almost 4 months to heal and it's still not perfect. I hope you mend more quickly than I do.

Andrea, some wicked virus has been going around. First Rhonda and now you. I hope you two aren't spreading your germs here!

I'm off to the couch! See you in the am.

ontarget
12-15-2006, 07:46 PM
thanks, girls. this is a very very hard time of year for losing, isn't it? i have a doctor's appointment around january 5 so he can see how i'm doing. i think i'm his "project." i am grateful for that, though. he's helping me get healthier and healthier.

we have a party the 22nd then christmas day with family. i bought me a new christmas outfit to wear to the party and i'll wear tight jeans christmas day. what i'm going to work on most is not overindulging for days and days afterwards. that's where i used to get into trouble.

paula, ouch!! i'm glad you'll be off those crutches soon. what a time to be hurt!

andrea, i hope you're feeling better, too.

we're leaving in a few minutes to go shoot in league. i baked 2 batches of christmas cookies to take the guys. well, i should say "guys and gal." i think there's another woman shooting now. yay!!!!! it will be good to have another woman in the group.

Katpo
12-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Geezalou! Paula, if you want some ankle sympathy, I'm your gal. I hope you heal quickly -- I'm right at nine months post-surgery and still not back to normal. Do exactly what they tell you to, no matter how good you feel ... don't be a hero. :hug:

I assembled all of the cookbooks tonight and will be taking them for binding tomorrow. Now we're about to go for dinner, which is going to be Mongolian Grill. I can always be good there since I make my own ... shrimp, onions, mushrooms, pineapple, bell pepper, cabbage, and a little bit of olive oil. All they add during the cooking process is water. I forego the rice and soup, drink water ... so all is good.

I'll be back in a little while!

Tejas
12-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Hi All:

I had a lovely visit with my friend. We've known each other for about 22 years. We just drank tea and talked. Women friends are so fantastic.

I actually managed a light meal with her and so far, so good. I hope that tomorrow I'll be back on track.

Congratulations Sandra...great job. And, Angela it sounds like you've got lots of new motivation and support so good for you. We'll be interested to hear how you're doing.

Rhonda

Katpo
12-15-2006, 09:51 PM
I found out today that Shaun won't be home for Christmas. When he got to San Diego last night, and then got to explore the liberty options this morning, he found out they had it divided into two groups. He opted to let the others who had wives and children go in the first group, and he took the second. He'll be home from Dec. 28th thru Jan. 6th. It's better than nothing. He has turned out to be quite a surprise.

Froufy
12-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Here I am - trying desperately to catch up!

Kathy - you busy bee - I am exhausted just reading your posts - but it sounds like you are on schedule so far? How sweet of Shaun to let the family guys go first - good for him! I'm sure he'll be glad to come home for a visit.

Paula - you poor darling - what a freaky thing to happen! I hope your foot heals quickly and that dh is as helpful as can be!

Andrea - take care of yourself - hope you can get rid of whatever is ailing you!

Sandra - wow - super great weight loss - esp at this time of the year! Good for you!

Angela - congrats on rejoining - the best decision I'm sure - you are very wise to ensure the lbs don't creep up on you too much! Let us know how you like the cookbook!

Rhonda - I am glad you are feeling a bit better! Are you also getting unseasonably warm weather - it's like 10 celsius here (50 F) and all the snow is gone and I can see the grass on my front yard - very weird for December!

Vickie - how are your holiday plans coming along? Have you accomplished all your wrapping, cooking etc?

I have been crazy busy at work as people expect me to turn around contracts on a dime - unfortunately I have been able to do this - so now they expect it all the time! My new 'staff member' is still learning the ropes so while I am trying to show her how's it done - I still have to do a lot of it myself given the tight deadlines.

I have decided to take the days off between xmas/new year's which means I'm off as of next friday - from the 23rd all the way to January 2nd! YIPPEE. I have lots of leave left - even w/my upcoming cruise so why be stingy? (besides I get another 25 days come April!)

Made final payment for my cruise today but still trying to arrange airfares and need to get my new passport as this one expires before I go! Got a call from my friend Ray in Vegas wishing me a happy hanukah (today is the first night) and coordinating plans for the cruise - he is hoping to book shortly and we shall have a blast together!

Speaking of hanukah - I cannot find my MENORAH!!! Can you believe this? This is supremely weird? I have a pantry in the basement and every year I wrap up the menorah, leftover candles, dreidels, chanuka decorations and put it on the upper shelf. Send kids down to find it and not there??? I can't imagine where it is??? Luckily I had just bought a teeny tiny brass menorah for my 8 yr old (uses birthday candles) so we were able to use that tonight. Okay so now I have an excuse to go buy a new menorah tomorow? I'm sure the other one will turn up eventually.

We also have a chanukah party to go to tomorrow night - pot luck no less - with yummy FRIED potato pancakes and other goodies - I might eat before I go so I don't go crazy - I am bringing a salad (probably greek).

Hope everyone is prepared and not stressing out too much over the upcoming celebrations! I can't believe how time is flying!

Frouf

Vickie
12-16-2006, 07:53 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I didn't have enough sleep....only 6 hours. The pup woke us up crying. Sigh.....so here I am. The good news is that I have time to catch up with all of you.

Frouf, I was relieved to hear from you. I'm glad that it's just that you been ridiculously busy and that nothing really seriously wrong was happening. You and Kathy live lives that would make me drop in my tracks. Actually, I did it once too but no more. Happy Chanukah! I can't believe that your Menorah has disappeared. I hope you find it soon. I'm guessing there would be some sentimental attachment to the old one? I would have one.

Sandra, it sounds like we all have the same plan for the holidays and I think it's a great one. Eat Core/healthy at as many meals as we can, indulge at a few and get right back on program at the very next meal. I, too, had a problem with getting back on program after over-indulging. Jim says it's a slippery slope. It doesn't seem like a hard time of year for losing. You're making it look easy! :D I, on the other hand, have been making it look hard all year long! :( I hope you had a great time at league last night. How did you shoot?

Kathy, your dinner sounds outstanding. I guess I should give up the starch, too, once in a while. Yep, that Shaun sounds like he is turning out to be the Man his Mama raised him to be! You must be so proud of him. It will be a great Christmas for you all.

Rhonda, you sound peaceful. That's a great thing at this time of year. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with your girlfriend. I'm missing mine a lot.

I tried to get an update on Cindy yesterday but I couldn't reach anyone. I called the hospital and talked to her on the answering machine. She'll hear my message one day. I also called and left her husband a message in the afternoon but he didn't call me back. That makes me very nervous in my stomach.

I have the 14th birday party today for my oldest great Niece. Her actual birthday is on December 24th but she always has her party early. Her Aunt and I went in on an IPOD shuffle for her. At Thanksgiving that's all she talked about was wanting an IPOD. She should be happy. Her Mom is making ww rotini pasta salad that is all Core. We've been making it with FF Miracle Whip for years. I'm bringing a can of Bumble Bee gold tuna packed in water and 2 hard boiled eggs to eat with the pasta salad. I can eat tuna straight out of the can with nothing on it. So, I'll have a great Core meal instead of italian beef and fried chicken. This goes in the category of things I don't want to slurge on!

I'll be straightening up the house this morning and getting ready for the party. I hope you all have a great Core day. I'll be back much later this evening or in the morning.

Tejas
12-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi All:

Compared to you folks I have got the simplest life going!

DH is in Texas at his son's graduation. The dogs and are doing as next to nothing as possible.

Sorry that Andrea and Paula are sick and injured. My "stuff" is just about all gone. Six days of it has been more than enough.

I am going to go see my former in-laws for a few hours and I'm baking cookies for them. If I feel well enough to bake I must be cured!

I put up a few decorations last night. Frouf, I'm glad you had a back up Menorah. I've got two myself and I'm not even really Jewish! (multi-faith family; my late husband was Jewish; and so were my late Sister and her husband) I'll never pass up a reason to celebrate a miracle! :lol:

Take care all,
Rhonda

ontarget
12-16-2006, 06:33 PM
hi there. we've been out and about most of the day. i just came home starved for some of that coconut dream pie. i had been guessing pts for it--3 one time--5 the other. i finally got everything out and figured it. it's 4 pts per slice. that's not bad. the pie tastes very rich. i love it. i bought some more dream whip at the store. i'm making some kind of "dream" pies for christmas. that way we'll have some low pt desserts. i think i'm taking one to the party this fri night. it's a potluck.

frouf, it's good to see you, girl. i'm glad you had a menorah to use last night. i imagine little ds was popping buttons and getting to save the day. i'm getting ready to live a cruise through you again. i'm glad we get to take them as often as we do. :lol:

kathy, i'm impressed with shaun. he's really really doing well. what a man!

rhonda, i didn't know doyle was back in texas. ya'll are keeping the airlines afloat, aren't you? that's the way curtis and i were when we were dating. we built up enough frequent flyer miles that we got to fly to hawaii free. sounds like you had fun with your gf. and you're baking for your ex-inlaws. i am impressed. what are you baking? i'm getting into the baking mode now, too.

vickie, you did get here early, girl. curtis and i got the "little" tree up and shining today. well, we got it up yesterday and got the extension cord plugged in today. we're moving slowly but we're getting into the spirit of things. i'll prob start wrapping tomorrow after we get tv cable re-installed. we just changed providers and are in the in-between stage with antennae only. (i have been renting dvd's.)

i hear the buzzer sounding on the dryer. catch you later.!

Tejas
12-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Hi All:

Yes, we are definitely keeping the airlines out of bankruptcy this year!

I made ginger snaps and oatmeal/pecan/cranberry cookies for my ex-in laws. I've mentioned them before: they are a dear couple, in their 80's, she has Alzheimer's and he cares for her. It's getting so difficult and I like to pamper them a bit. She was a fantastic cook and baker so I take them treats. I'm planning a plum pudding for their Christmas. I'm late doing it but they will appreciate it anyway. I'll take them date, and lemon squares also.

I better try making one of those dream pies. I'll check the recipe section.

DH returns at 1AM and I've got a little housecleaning to do! I'll try to have it as clean as I would like to have when I return from a trip....now, just whom am I kidding here...I don't two days to clean! OK, I'll wash the dishes at least.

Vickie, maybe Cindy "heard" your message anyway. You never know how communications happen and there's lots more going on than we know. I know that this is such a hard time for you and those who love her. I do hope for her recovery.

Kathy, you must be very proud of Shaun. What a loving, mature and giving decision he made to let the others go home for Christmas.

It's very mild here in Toronto and I've got to go out with the dogs now.

Here's a Menorah for you Frouf :han:

Take care,
Rhonda

septembersgoal
12-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone! Just checking in to say hi. We had our party last night and the parents over tonight for dinner. Both were a lot of fun and now my house is clean!! :D

Kathy, yes I know who you are talking about. What a coincidence. I guess he was from here?
Is the Mongolian Grill you go to called BD's or something like that? They just built one here and we haven't gone yet.

Vickie, thanks for asking about my class. It is over but I still have a paper to do (I have to interview a child and write it up). I hope that you get more sleep tonight!

Sandra, you go girl!! :woo: You continue to inspire me. :bravo:

You too Angela. Reading your post definitely motivated me.

I'm planning on focusing on exercise mainly through the holidays and then jump back on the core bandwagon ASAP.

I'm gonna go spend some quality couch time with DH and enjoy our pretty clean, holiday living room!
:hug:

andreaphilip3
12-16-2006, 09:14 PM
hey guys:
thanks so much:) today was day 1 w/o a fever am im coughing less so that a plus.

i hope everyone else feels better also.

ontarget
12-16-2006, 11:14 PM
andrea, i'm glad you're feeling better. how are you doing ww-wise? are you doing core or flex? i saw your challenge idea and am interested in seeing if anyone does it.

melissa, how about coming to make our house holiday clean? it could use some tlc for sure.

rhonda, i'm hungry after reading about all your baking. your in-laws will be so happy. i am still in touch with my ex-in-laws, too. (aunts, cousins, etc...) it feels good to be in touch, doesn't it?

vickie, i forgot to answer your question earlier today. i shot well the first half last night then fatigue set in and my shooting was kaput. i still had fun, though. i know i have to have more than 18-20 pts on a day when i'm shooting. when i told curtis that last night, he said, "well, duh!!" guess that means he knew it all along.

Vickie
12-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I had a great night at the party but I'm feeling crummy this morning. Too bad because I really have a lot to do today.

Oh Melissa, the happiness in your voice gives me joy! I'm glad that you are enjoying your new home and all the changes you and Aaron have worked so hard on. It's terrific to see a post from you. Good luck getting that last paper done without too much anguish. How are things going for Aaron? I hope they got better for him and that he is being appreciated. I remember praying hard for him to get that job.

Sandra, I haven't made dream pies in forever. I'd spend 4-5 points for a good dessert. Jim won't eat coconut though. Are there any other good recipes? I'm so glad that you and Curtis decided to decorate and get into the spirit of the holidays. It makes me smile.

Rhonda, I hope you had a ball baking! I can't wait to start mine. Thanks for your good thoughts about Cindy. I haven't heard anything about her since Wednesday night. I haven't been able to catch up with anyone.

Andrea, I'm glad you're on the mend.

Hey...nothing from Kathy yesterday. That's unlike her.

Frouf, did you get the new Menorah?

Ok girlies. I'm going to go make a menu thread and then go look at the sale papers for the week. Have a great day!

Katpo
12-17-2006, 09:18 AM
We got home yesterday and I was pooped. Judd went up to the bar to watch the Cowboy game and they all tried to get me to go. I stuck to my guns and said NO WAY, took a bath and sat working on cookbooks and making my list for today. We're going to dig for those earrings in an hour or so :crossed: -- I am SO excited and hope like crazy that we find them. His mom will just break down in a big messy cry if we do. Of course, she doesn't know we're looking either, so it'll be quite a surprise. Judd told me yesterday that she had already collected the insurance on them, but it has been probably 12 years since they were lost so I'm sure it's okay.

And we have a whole lot of running around to do after that: taking the books to be bound, getting fabric to recover the dining room chairs, getting the barn pictures framed, going to the mall (UGH!) to get ornaments for the nieces/nephews that we get every year, and then Judd said he wanted to put the Christmas tree up. I'm thinking what's the point at this late date? but he said he thinks we should. Oh well. I'll be cooking while he puts it up, then I'll help decorate.

That's it in a nutshell. It'll be late when I get back so have a super day, everybody!

Katpo
12-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Oh, and hopefully tonight I can catch up and respond to you all. I hate doing these quick fly-bys and not getting to see what everybody's up to, but we have to go.

Vickie
12-17-2006, 09:30 AM
You didn't tell us about the earrings, Kathy. I hope you find them since they sound like they'll be joyfully received.

aghiowa
12-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Good morning all!

So we had a church potluck last night that I had forgotten about until yesterday, so I hadn't planned for it. I did pretty well eating-wise though, although I'm sure I could have done better. Tonight will be another challenge...dh's company Christmas party. Oh well, at least I don't drink, so I won't be tempted to consume extra calories there. :)

I'm losing my voice today...hope it gets better by next Sunday, since I have to sing in 2 different things then.

Kathy, I hope you manage to get everything done, and still keep your sanity. Vickie, I hope you feel better. Melissa, congrats on the new floor! I love my wood floors. They're so beautiful and "cleanable."

I hear my little one calling me..
later,
Angela

Tejas
12-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi All:

Kathy: I'm laughing at your saying it is late to put up the tree. I decided a few years ago that I really couldn't take so much "Christmas" and the tree and decorations rarely go up before the 15th. That is still 10 days away from THE day. I take the tree down before New Years and put a few white and silver things out for decorations and those stay up for a few days.

Of course, I can get away with this since the children immediately in my life here in Toronto have lots of others to make them nuts during the holidays!

I love the Christmas tree though. It's historically the "axis mundi"...representing the lower world, middle world and upper world...and is a relatively new tradition.

DH is back, safe and sound. Didn't get home until after 2AM after flight delays. Going to have as quiet a day as possible.

Rhonda

Tejas
12-17-2006, 10:44 AM
I meant "relatively new CHIRSTMAS tradition." It's a very old tradition to dance around the May Pole and have trees as central to other celebrations.

Rhonda

andreaphilip3
12-17-2006, 11:19 AM
heybyou guys thanks for askin im gettin better a little at a time. no fever for 24 hrs so thats a big step.

hey sandie how ya doin? im guilkty my diet is terrible and im too sick to care. its on the bb til post holiday.

would you all be interested in a purely core challenge? (florebies welcome)

hi vickie and everyone else have a good day!

ontarget
12-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi there. I forgot to tell ya’ll about league Friday night. I did wind up being the only woman there, but guess what the topic of the evening was anyway? Weightloss! I had lost over 30 pounds since most of them had seen me, but I wasn’t the big surprise. One of the younger guys had lost over 60!! Everyone wanted to know how he’d done it. He told them he “ate right and exercised.” He looks amazing! I am so happy for him.

Vickie, you could use any sf/ff pudding mix to make the dream pies. What about using vanilla and adding some sliced bananas? I'm going to do some surfing later today to see what I can find. I remember a Snickers pie that I used to make. I think it would be good.

okay, i'm back to non-caps. i'm lazy.

rhonda, i'm glad dh is home safe. i hope he had a good trip. those delays are exhausting, aren't they? but knowing dh, he kept folks entertained. enjoy your day of rest.

andrea, i'm going to be very honest with you. i love challenges. everyone here knows how competitive i am. i would like to challenge myself to do better than i have been doing. (exercise, eating). i really don't want to compete against anyone else. if i lose, i might self-destruct. does that make sense?

i'm glad your fever is gone. i hope you finish mending soon. i don't blame you for putting program on the bb. we all need to do what is best for ourselves. that's what's great about ww.

kathy, we got our tree up and turned the radio to the all holiday music station. we're forcing ourselves to have spirit. :lol:

we're leaving in a few minutes to take some christmas goodies to the archery shop. can i start typing acm? (archery center of montana). i'm lazy and don't like to hit these keys more than necessary.

this afternoon i'm contacting the women's club (wc) to see if i can start coming in to do w a. my membership is officially on vacation till the 24th, but i need to move this body. i know. i know. i should hit more keys and move these fingers more for exercise, too.

have a good day.

Vickie
12-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Angela, have fun and rest your voice!

Rhonda, you remind me of my Sister/BIL. My Nephew's birthday is December 21st. They never put the tree up until after his birthday party because they didn't want his birthday to be over-shadowed by Christmas. So their tree never went up until December 22nd. I leave mine up until January 7th. Our tradition is to leave it up until "little christmas".

Sandra, Jim would LOVE banana cream. If you find a recipe for that in your travels, please share. You know I'm a recipe girl....I'm not too creative without one. It would be wonderful if you got back to water aerobics. Will you take me with?

I'm supposed to be cleaning but honestly, I'm not feeling too great. I just realized that I forgot to take my blood pressure medicine yesterday. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Jim is at the grocery store. I'm just going to relax until after lunch and then I may go start some of the lighter cleaning upstairs. No scrubbing bathrooms for me today.

sisvivian
12-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone,
I haven't been on in a while, still sticking with WW bouncing up and down. I was down this week, but am expecting a gain because one of my knees is swollen. Spent the entire day in the ER on Friday and was sentenced to keeping my leg up for the weekend. We have our tree up and the wreath is on the door and a few presents under the tree. The kids will be with us this year. The girls are living with us and our son lives in the same county. I have to work Christmas Eve but have Christmas night off so will have dinner at suppertime.
Vivian

ontarget
12-17-2006, 04:33 PM
vickie, i hope you're feeling better. what are we going to do with you and curtis? he forgot to take his meds yesterday. i know neither of you does that often. thank goodness! we need both of you feeling 100%.

vivian, i'm sorry you got injured. bless your heart. this is a tough time of year to be laid up. well, i guess there isn't a good time of year for that, is there? congratulations on plugging away at weightloss. you're doing well.

here's the basic recipe for dream whip pie:

2 env. Dream Whip
2-3/4 cups cold milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 small instant puddings
1 graham cracker or chocolate wafer crust

Beat Dream Whip, 1 cup milk, and vanilla about 6 minutes, until stiff. Blend in pudding and remaining milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Spoon into crust. Chill 4 hours.

vickie, i'd say slice one banana (or maybe 2) into small pieces. then fold them into the mixture just before pouring it into the crust.

i'm still surfing but came up with these on my own:
use sf/ff chocolate fudge pud mixes
sprinkle crushed peppermint on top before chilling.

use cheesecake pud mixes
sprinkle crushed graham crax on top (maybe some no-sugar added pie filling into the crust before spooning the mixture on top)

you'd have to adjust points. the coconut dream pie is 8 servings for 4 pts each. you wouldn't have the coconut but would need to add pts for any addons. (unless they are core). if you're doing core, i think you'd just need to count the pts for the dream whip and pie shell. (but i'm not sure)

ontarget
12-17-2006, 04:38 PM
i'm not going to w a today afterall. i'll start that tomorrow. we stayed at acm about 3 hours today. that's enough exercise for me. wish i could take you to w a with me. we'd have a blast!!

i forgot to tell you the dream whip package has a basic recipe for dream pie and also for dream cake on the back.

ontarget
12-17-2006, 04:55 PM
http://kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe%2Fknet_recipe_grid&u1=keyword&u2=dream+whip

let me know what you think of these recipes.

ontarget
12-17-2006, 05:00 PM
ya'll go check out the desserts thread.

Katpo
12-17-2006, 07:51 PM
No earrings. We dug up the yard and nearly got caught by one of the neighbors. At least his parents don't know, and we covered our evidence with piles of leaves. Until he rakes (not likely) he won't see the holes. If he does, he'll just think he has armadillos in the yard.

We got frames, glass and backing, mats, etc. to frame the pictures tomorrow night. Judd's getting the tree down now, and we'll spend a few hours tonight and then finish up during the week.

There's never enough hours. I still can't stay, but will be back in the morning.

Katpo
12-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Okay. The tree is up. Now I need to go get the :present: so it doesn't look so bare.

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL564/498963/8702393/214265519.jpg

Tejas
12-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi:

I did check out the dessert thread and the Kraft recipes. I'm so wanting something sweet after having "the yuck."

Kathy, what a pretty tree. I put ours up tonight but it's just a baby one with some lights and some decorations I've had for the longest time. I love to decorate with little fake birds and other items that reflect nature. But, there's some glitz here and there too so as not to be too "purist" about it all.

I'm having a friend over for a solstice dinner on Friday night. I'm a little stuck on what to serve. I'm thinking of something Italian but might do Southwestern. If only I knew what those Pagans ate on the longest night I'd serve it up, but I don't have a clue. :dunno: Probably some kind of meat roasted over an open pit!

Good Night All,
Rhonda

septembersgoal
12-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Kathy, it looks beautiful!! :tree:

ontarget
12-18-2006, 12:31 AM
kathy, your tree is beautiful. i'm glad you put it up.

rhonda, you're a hoot, girl. let us know what you serve. i'm curious.

Vickie
12-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Good Morning Chicks! This week is going to be a doozy....but fun. I've got weigh in this morning. I'm just hanging on by my nails. I've got to start tracking my points and closely following the program. I'm tired of hearing myself say it. December 27th is my weight loss birthday. In the meantime, I continue to hang on by my tippy fingers to the edge of the ledge.

I feel better than yesterday so the housecleaning commences after lunch. Jim says he will help. He's a pretty good cleaner for a boy!

Kathy, you're tree does look beautiful and I'm glad you put it up. It's nice to have the huge one but this one is nice for the smaller room. Can you see it from the family room? I don't have a picture of my full tree yet, just one of Cassie in front of it. I'll see if I can find it quick.

Thanks for researching all those recipes, Sandra. I'll have to look at them when I have more than a minute. Jim would love a banana dream pie. So is dream whip Core? I haven't had time to check that either. It must not be or you wouldn't be talking about points with those pies.

Rhonda, I never heard of a solstice dinner. I'll have to do some research. I love when my horizons are expanded!

Vivian, hang in there! That's all I'm trying to do.

Gotta go get ready. I have to leave in a little over an hour. Someone else will have to start the menu thread today!

aghiowa
12-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Morning ladies!

I've got the girls home from school today...middle dd had a fever spike in the middle of the night, and threw up. Happily though, she made it to the bathroom. :cheer: Ha ha. She has got a really "croupy" sounding cough, and has suffered from croup many times before, so I'm watching that. The older one just has a massive head cold/cough. I figured resting today would be better than throwing her into school. I'm not feeling so great myself, but I have a lot of work to do today. I don't know how, but the house just seems to self-destruct over the weekend. I have a mountain of dishes and laundry to do. But, I'm looking forward to getting my house back into order.

I did pretty well at dh's company party last night. I ended up having the shrimp cocktail, like I planned, and a tiny strip of steak, mixed greens salad w/pears, roasted veggies, crab sushi, and 3 snow pea pods stuffed w/cream cheese. Oh yeah, and diet Pepsi. I avoided the desserts, even my favorite. :woo:

I have my weigh-in Wednesday night, so we shall see how it's going then I guess.

Later,
Angela

Katpo
12-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Wow, Angela! That's awesome! You've got good control going.

Tejas
12-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Good luck with wi Vickie and Angela, good for you!

OK, Solstice dinner: the winter solstice is the longest night so that after that night the days get longer.

Metaphorically I just think about it as no matter how dark it is, the light is coming. More practically, in the dead of the cold winter I laugh that we are actually moving toward getting warmer. That gets me through a lot of cold days and nights.

Also, it is said that the religions that followed Paganism put their high holy days at the same time as the more nature-based Pagans had theirs in order to heighten the competition for followers. In my family we have all sorts of religious traditions and I have always been intrigued by what people believe and why and like to respect the diversity. I also like to acknowledge the supposed roots of spiritual beliefs in the more nature-based belief systems such as those still practiced by Aboriginal peoples. Thus, the change in the seasons is a good reason to have a celebration!

I have often served an all-white dinner served on white plates: something like fish, potatoes/rice, white asparagus, etc. ...all just to symbolize that the light is coming.

Somehow I doubt that the Pagans were eating white asparagus, but who knows!!!???

I've got a really busy day and evening...hope all goes well for everyone today..I've been good so far..oatmeal for breakfast.

Rhonda

ontarget
12-18-2006, 04:11 PM
hi there, chickies. we just finished core taco soup and sliced polenta for lunch. i have made up my mind to flip to "hard core." last fri night at league i totally fatigued halfway through the competition. i am going to have to eat more than i was eating doing flore. so i'm going to do core. i read all the new materials last night. i'm good to go.

vickie, i don't think dream whip is core but it is just 3 pts per packet. since you use 2 pkts in the dream pie that only adds 6 pts. i don't think that's too bad, do you? plus, i am a firm believer sf cool whip and sf/ff dream whip should be core, but what do i know? :shrug:

angela, :cheer2: you made some mighty fine choices last night. i'm sure they will payoff on the scales wednesday. it's so good to have you back posting about your achievements. you give me inspiration.

rhonda, i enjoyed reading about your solstice celebrations. an all white dinner sounds sort of neat. of course, you know how i am (wondering if you had vanilla ice cream for dessert). speaking of ice cream, my mother used to make snow ice cream whenever we got snow in texas. that didn't happen often, but we always looked forward to our treat.

:snow4:

Katpo
12-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Vickie, I forgot to answer your question. We can't see the tree from the family room but at least we know it's there. I'm ready for a different house, that's for sure. Four living areas are the biggest waste of real estate I've ever seen.

Rhonda, are you feeling better? Your posts are very interesting re: the solstice, etc. I know absolutely nothing about any of it.

Sandra, hard core is probably going to be a good thing for you. You need more food so you don't get shaky. Oh and coming back from Tyler, there was a big sign that said, I kid you not, "On Target Archery." I should go back and take a picture of it.

I'm leaving to meet Kate at the bank. I co-signed a loan for her so she could get out from under that apartment lease, pay for spring tuition, and get a little breathing room. Poor girl has been thru the wringer, so I hope things are looking up for her soon.

BBL...

Katpo
12-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Oooh, I'll bet you already know about On Target! They're in Canton and were part of the SYWAT.

Vickie
12-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey Chicks! I'm beat. Went to WW and gained 1.6. I'm kinda sick of myself. I'm hormonal right now but I'm thinking the whole gain isn't from that. I thought about not posting for a while but I need the support. I've got to devote time to the program. As soon as I get busy, I stop weighing, measuring and counting my 35 points. So I'm sure that translates into I'm eating more than 35 points worth of non-Core items. My Leader gave me a hug today because I was so sad.

I cleaned the whole upstairs today with Honey Lambs help after we came home from lunch. We waited until we digested and we have been cleaning ever since. He just went to get our dinner so I hopped on here.

I finally talked to Cindy's husband today. She's no better in the respiratory department. They've called in the heart and lung specialists. If it weren't for the lung problem they would be dancing because her levels for the transplant are great. They are going to do some more testing to see if they can find out why she's not breathing on her own.

Tomorrow I start baking in between the cleaning. I need to keep that stuff out of my face. Next year I'm tempted to say that I'm not baking anything. I feel very weak at the moment.

Have a great evening! I'll stop in tomorrow.

Tejas
12-18-2006, 08:32 PM
:hug: That's for you Vickie. Don't stop posting at all...quite the contrary. Stay here for us and for yourself. Do what is best for you. I'm sad to hear that Cindy is not better but you must do what is best for you. I bet that is what she would want for you.

I made great choices until I left the house. I need to stay home with limited temptations around me. Tomorrow I can do that until the evening until we go to a friend's house to decorate her tree (and you thought that I was slow!!!). She will have more goodies than you can imagine. OK, I'll spend the day girding my loins.

Kathy, do we need another date on our thread??

Rhonda

ontarget
12-18-2006, 09:06 PM
kathy, you're right. we shot a tournament at on target archery. i had the most fun there. two twelve year old boys wanted to shoot with me. they'd never shot a tournament before so i got to be "teacher" and teach them about line ettiquette, scoring, etc.... we had a blast. i'm going to mail them something from montana. i'll mail it to them care of "on target" (from ontarget)

vickie, i am very very proud of you for coming here tonight. (not that you should have thought of not coming) that's a small gain. you know what to do and you'll be all right. i'm counting my pts while doing core, too. that helps me stay in bounds. we'll get to our goals. we're "steel magnolias."

gotta go. curtis needs me to do something. i'll be back tomorrow. night night, chickies.

ontarget
12-18-2006, 09:07 PM
rhonda, i just saw your post. you'll do fine tomorrow. i need to go gird my loins, too. :lol: