South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/145

Default Phase 2 - I'll trade you my wine card for your coffee card. :)

Hey folks!

I'm new here and wanted to say "Hi!" and also ask if I couldn't trade in my wine allowance for a couple more coffees. I'm in grad school and its finals week and the coffee with SF DaVinci syrup and skim milk keeps me smiling and jeezled up for long nights studying and finishing projects. Are you supposed to stick to 2 cups throughout? The last thing anyone needs is a cranky woman with a fist full of erasers. Just place the mug of coffee and the hazelnut syrup on the table real easylike, then back out of the room and no one will get hurt....

I also have to say thank you SO much. I knew the time was coming to turn my life around and I was able to read up before I started. I felt really prepared. And when I started I found several recipes that are amazing out here. Last night I made the cola chicken - Mmmmmm!
Old 12-10-2006, 05:09 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Happy Apple!

Sad to say, you can't trade the wine card! I hear you on the studying though and wish I could give you a magical okay to have more caffeine. Unfortunately, not only does it mess up your blood sugar, but caffeine, when ingested with food, keeps you from absorbing some of the nutrients. It really is a bad thing. What you might do is have cups that are half caf, half decaf, so you spread it out? Another option would be to do something like 10 jumping jacks when you start to feel sleepy. Exercise will rev you up without the bad effects and will help you burn some calories and build some muscle too! That's cool stuff!

I know this is twisted...but I sometimes went and ran my hands under cold water and splashed it on my face when I had late nights at the library. Helped ease the cramps in my hand from highlighting and taking notes, too! Who says being a student isn't hard?

Hey, have you tried the Taco Bake yet? Or the Chicken Dijon? Or the White Chicken Chili? There really are some great recipes in our recipe forum. We're lucky chicks! :
Old 12-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/145

Thanks for the welcome and the advice! I went and got some decaf coffee and am doing half and half as you suggested. It also warmed up enough for me to take my furry kids around the block, so we've done that a time or two.

I haven't tried the dijon chicken, but it's on the menu for the end of the week. I try to do a new recipe each week. Now the taco bake...mercy! I've turned more than a few folks on to that and they're not even doing SBD, lol! And those roasted chick peas are addicitve.

I know I've said this before, but you folks have no idea how much you've helped me. I'm determined with this, but you've made it so much more fun than it could've been.

Congratulations on your weight loss! I know you must be thrilled and proud. I'm proud for you and I've just met you, lol! Do you have your weight loss story out here somewhere? I'd high five you if I could!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:19 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Honey, you are so peppy! Reminds me of our dear Schatzi...and of Beachbum (where are you, BB????? ). It's wonderful to have you here, too. I agree about this place...it's helped me immensely too. :

Yeah, my story is here: A Year of Health and Weightloss

Oh, and there *is* a high five smilie (I love it!) To get it, you can just type a colon (: symbol) on either side of the word high. Like this: Thanks so much for the encouragement!
Closed Thread