Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies (#05)

4myloves
12-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!!

4myloves
12-07-2006, 10:04 AM
:welcome:

Linda

and

Angie (thank you for keeping Shelley company on the exercise thread!!)

:welcome2:

alinnell
12-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Actually, mornings and early afternoons are best for me chat-wise. But if I'm around and hear the call, I'll be there!!!

Had an interesting morning.....DS got sick during the night and decided to use the sink rather than the toilet......dear ol' Mom gets to clean it up and unstop the sink (including cleaning the P-trap). That rather spoiled my appetite for breakfast. Then he announces that there is a dead bird outside my window, so we have to go take care of that. That really did me in for not getting breakfast--I was out of time at this point! So I sit her STARVING at work. I did bring extra food as I knew I'd get hungry. I'm about to break out the carrots and snap peas to get me through til my morning snack.

alinnell
12-07-2006, 01:35 PM
gayle, there is a really nice tribute to James Kim on the CNET website. He was a senior editor there and his coworkers put together a video tribute to him when they heard he had died. It is tragic. Apparantly he had walked over 8 miles, but was found within half a mile of the car.

angieks
12-08-2006, 12:35 AM
hi everybody. I just finished up riding my stationary bike for 30minutes. I am so proud of myself to finally have gotten off my (sizable) rear end.
I couldn't do it without everyone here to keep me motivated. Otherwise I would just lose interest and give up.
I am so glad I found you.

angie

ShelleyM
12-08-2006, 06:46 AM
WTG, Angie!! Keep it up!

Allison-What a morning you had. Hope your day got better.

Hey, my best time to chat would be 5:00AM EST. Any takers? :)

Lynneye
12-08-2006, 07:55 AM
My best time to chat is in the evening. Some evenings I do have things going on, Monday's I teach till 9PM, so by the time I get home, I am exhausted and fall straight to bed.

Taking another day off, I am feeling pretty crappy. Have a stuffed up head, and ears are so clogged. I sound pretty bad when I talk! So today, I am spending it on the couch!

SuzyMc
12-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Welcome Angie! :wave:

Shelley, 5:00 AM? Don't plan on me being there! :lol: My schedule is hit and miss, but if you set a date and time for chat I will try to be there!

Gayle ~ My heart breaks for the Kim family too.

Allison ~ I hope your day starts better today than it did yesterday!

I'm spending the day Christmas shopping! Tim is in Philly until Sunday, so it's a good time to get it done! Have a good day everyone!

gdeann
12-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Shelley, sweetie, I would even give up an hour or so of sleep just to chat with you! LOL!

I can chat evenings or EARLY mornings, weekends are hit and miss. Would a weekend afternoon work for everyone?

GOTTA GO! See ya all later! SMOOCHIES!

alinnell
12-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Weekends just don't work for me. I rarely get on line cuz I've got so much to do. This Saturday I'm volunteering all day at the high school. They are hosting a band tournament field show and we (the band booster parents) sell trinkets, cookies, and lunch (usually burgers) which we have to cook as well. It's a big day and usually brings in a lot of money for the band. They need it this year, they are taking the kids (almost 160 of them) to China in July for the Bejing Music Olympics. Tonight I'm baking more cookies (4 dozen brownies last night and I didn't taste one!!!).

My morning was much better this morning other than having a slight headache (my fault--2 glasses of wine:o ) and a bad hair day.

Today I get to go to the bank for a cashier's check and then to the escrow company to drop it off so we can close on that RV spot for my in laws to live on while they are here 6 months out of the year. It weird to think we spent so much money for a driveway and a little strip of lawn!!! DH thinks it's a good investment, though. The RV resort has been there forever and lots that do go up for sale sell pretty quickly. I imagine we'll hold onto it for many years, so as long as the price goes up by the time we're ready to sell, we'll be fine. But the HOA dues are like $350 a month.....but then, by that time, we'll probably be ready to sell our house and move into an RV!!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

ShelleyM
12-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Welcome, Diane!

Gayle-You are so sweet! How is mom?

Suzie-Did you get your shopping done? I'm going out today and brave the malls. Mom and I have a 2PM hair appt, so we'll go before and after. First I have to get out for a cold run. It is windy and cold here (at least to us Floridians.)

Debi-I hope you feel better today.

Allison-Yep. That does seem awfully expensive for some dirt, but then again, everything is!

Linda-How's it going?

Angie-Up for any exercise today?

SuzyMc
12-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Shelley ~ I'm going to the other mall today and I'm hoping that this trip will finish my mall shopping. After that I should just have to make a trip to Walmart for little things and stop a few other places in town for gift cards.

Allison ~ I hope you have a good day today! I remember those booster club and classroom mom days...I'm glad mine are over! :lol:

harpy123
12-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Hi, ladies...sorry I've been AWOL. This has been one busy week. Next week will be the same, I'm afraid. This weekend I have to give the house a good cleaning/straightening/etc...because next Sat. morning I'm having it appraised. I'm refinancing to take advantage of the low rates out there. Next week is my last week of physical therapy (I think) for my tennis elbow. It's finally showing signs of improvement. But I hate not being able to do any upper body strength work - and I hate not being able to bowl!

I haven't been exercising like I should - in any capacity. Having these early-morning PT sessions has really messed up my schedule. I like to get my exercise done first thing, because I'm too busy/tired when I get home from work. Boy, I have all kinds of excuses, don't I? The PT sessions are held at a fitness facility and when I walk in I see all these people working out and it makes me want to join, but I really don't want to spend the money. Maybe I should try it for a month to see if I like it. One thing I'm seriously considering is some sessions with a personal trainer - to get me started on the right foot. I think I need someone to push me - even if I have to pay him to do it. Well, that will have to wait until I get cleared by my physical therapist, so maybe by the first of the year.

I'm not going to the mall this year. Did most of my shopping online. Then, when I go down to Texas on the 22nd, I'll probably do a little last minute shopping for DGD and DSIL.

I'll try to be here more often. It's just crazy busy this time of year. Have a good weekend, everyone.

angieks
12-11-2006, 12:21 AM
[
Angie-Up for any exercise today?[/QUOTE]

I walked for about 40 minutes saturday.
used my elpitical machine 30 minutes today.

thanks for thinking of me.

alinnell
12-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Okay Floozies, keep your fingers crossed for DD to pass her drivers test this afternoon. Her appointment is at 3:30, but now I have to take her there 2 hours earlier because she lost her permit this weekend and has to replace it before her driving test.

We had quite the weekend. All day at the music tournament which included a lot of driving because we got there and DD forgot part of her uniform, so I had to go back home to get it. (Have I mentioned how much I want her to get her license???)

We got our new washer and dryer early Sunday morning (because of waiting for the delivery, I didn't get out for my Sunday walk--looking forward to being able to work out in the morning if I don't have to drive DD to school). I actually got a little Christmas shopping done as well!

Now we're just waiting for DD's car to come in and figure out how to pay for it.

angieks
12-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Hello ladies. Hope everyone is well. I just exercised for 20 minutes and feel just great. I don't have a scale so I have not had a chance to weigh myself yet. I guess that is probably a good thing. I'll go over to my Moms tomorrow or the next day and face the music. Hopefully I will see some good results although I know it may be too soon.

ShelleyM
12-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Allison-Did DD pass the test??

Angie-Good for you on the workout. I do think it's a good thing that you don't have a scale.

gdeann
12-12-2006, 08:50 AM
I hope everyone is doing great! Sorry I have been MIA, way too many things going on right now! I THINK I am finished Christmas shopping other then picking up another thing or two for both the moms. How is everyone else doing preparing for the holidays?
Shelley, did you get all your shopping done online? I prefer to online shop other then I use my credit card. I will have good intentions to directly pay it off, but it seems like I will let it go and add it to the balance. Local shopping I stay with the "cash & carry method" LOL!

alinnell
12-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Shelley, no DD didn't pass. And of course she blames me. Everyone told me about the "trap" and I attempted to tell DD, but when I mentioned it, she got defensive and said she'd be fine. I hesitated yesterday to tell her again, but instead simple reiterated for the umpteenth time to "read the signs." Well, she got caught in the "trap." There is a street with a blind corner at the intersection, so there is a sign that reads "No turn on Red." She didn't read it and turned right at the red light. She has to wait 2 weeks before she can test again, so no exercise this week for me. I only have to drive her to school for the rest of the week, though--then the kids are out for winter break. I plan on starting to exercise on Monday now.......I gotta get back on track. My weight is not budging.

Gayle, I think we're all really too busy this time of year. I know I am!!!! I spent over 3 hours driving around town yesterday so DD could take her driver's test (she lost her permit, so we needed a replacement. They didn't tell me she had to do a new application which requires the signatures of BOTH parents!). Then after getting the permit, we had to go back to her driving school to get the instructor to sign off that she had completed the course. I drove over 100 miles! Aargh. And then for her to fail the test. We were not happy campers yesterday.

Tonight after work, I hope to finish my birthday shopping. Christmas is mostly done (we don't give a lot of gifts--only to children of friends and my nieces). I have more birthdays in November, December and January than at any other time of year. I think I need one present and 11 birthday cards!

Deelite
12-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Allison I am sorry to hear that DD didn't pass her test. Kids always need someone to blame for their mistakes. It looks like you took the brunt of it.

Gayle I am pretty busy over hear too. I still have a few gifts left to buy. Do you know where Sherry is living now? Could you email me or message me her address?

Shelley when is your celebrations start? I am sure that you will be happy to have everyone back at home for the holidays.

Suzy how are you doing? Is this the first Christmas with out Travis? I can't remember what happenned yesterday never mind last year.

Cheryl are things finally settling down for you? It will be nice to take a break for the holidays.

Sorry that I can't post to everyone, I have some christmas cards that I am going to drop off by foot.

Have a Merry Day.

gdeann
12-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Dee, I know Sherry was getting ready to move again so I don't have her new address. Sad to say, but I think she is finished with us here on the board. I miss her friendship and I wish her well.

Allison, hugs to daughter! I remember all too well flunking my first driving test! It was a trap too....I was a nervous wreck, I had just put the vehicle in reverse to back out of a space in the parking lot to begin testing...without thinking, as I stopped to put it into gear, as it was still rolling, I removed my hand from the steering wheel. The tester said "You failed!" and I pulled directly back into the spot again and felt like a total idiot. Now looking back at it, the tester was not fair and was just looking for anything to fail me. She flunked me on the theory if it is a "moving vehicle" both hands need to be on the wheel. Good thing I don't need to test now...I have all kinds of bad habits! LOL!

angieks
12-13-2006, 12:55 AM
Hope this finds everyone well. I just got in 30 minutes of exercise. I am so surprized at myself. Being able to actually comit to this. And actually carry it out. I know it is still early in the game but this is the best I have felt in years. Thanks to everyones good wishes and Way to Go's
You are all sweethearts.

angie

gdeann
12-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Great Going Angie!

Lynneye
12-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Allison, hope your daughter is feeling better now that she has had a few days to deal with the driving test. I know around here, most kids don't pass on the first or even second try. From what I understand they are trying to show the kids driving is a responsibility. I don't know if they really do that or not.

I am thrilled to announce, the construction is done and all that is left is clean up! What a long messy year this has been! Unfortunately, won't be able to enjoy the place for a few more days. Rob (DH) has been diagnosed with diabetes so have a million dr. appointments to go to. I am going with him, to the nutritionist and a few other appointments to learn more. So things continue to be nuts here!

Well time to get ready for work. This week is last week of classes, next week finals! My final is Monday so I will spend the rest of the week correcting and then I am DONE!! I really can't wait for this semester to be over. Spring semester doesn't start till Jan. 22 so a very long break! I can't wait!!

alinnell
12-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Debbi--that's happy and sad news. Hope DH is going to be able to control his diabetes with diet (my FIL does quite well doing this). My sister was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes 43 years ago, so I've been hyper aware of the disease all my life. But I am glad that all the construction is done!

DD has gotten over her flunking the test. She was in a really good mood this morning on the way to school (usually we don't talk much). Tonight we're volunteering at her school band's Christmas tree lot. I've brought extra clothes and a blanket. It will be quite cold.

4myloves
12-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Finished with finals. Just waiting for grades to be posted now. The torture...

Went to Branson over the week-end with Mom. Went to two shows (Legends and Manheim Steamroller's Christmas show) and through the trail of lights. Bought lots of clothes.

House is being "fixed." New tile being layed down and taking WAY too long, IMO. Stewart is mad at me. I mean MAD.

Wish I could move out.

alinnell
12-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Cheryl, so sorry to hear Stewart is mad (again). What's up?

Deelite
12-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Cheryl big hugs to you. I hope that you two can work it out soon. I am glad that you had a nice time in Branson, I guess it was all the clothes shopping that got to Steward.

Debbi ohh to be dust free, won't that be sweet but I bet not as sweet as that bubble bath.
Was Rob have symptoms or how did the doctors figure out what was going on?

Allison have fun with DD at the tree lot. I could send you some of my winter wear.....long johns,....lol

Gayle thanks for getting back to me. Sherry emailed me yesterday. She is back in KY. We need to persuade Sherry to come back......what kind of trap might work, do you think a chocolate one will?

Shelley where did you go? You haven't posted for a few days?

Angie way to go, you are doing great.

Where is our new proud Aunty? How is the little one doing?

I am going back to help the elfs wrap presents.

angieks
12-13-2006, 08:48 PM
I got in my 30 minutes of exercise on my eliptical machine tonight. I am starting earlier since I haven't gotten to bed before 1 am in a while. After exercising I have to shower, see whats up at 3FC and finally read at least a few pages before going to bed.

Gayle, nice meeting you. You'll probably be hearing a lot from me. I love to talk.

Debbi, nice meeting you, too. I hope all goes well with the Diabetes appointments. My DH and I are preDiabetic. One of the big reasons I am here at 3FC.

Allison, I wish they would have been harder on my kids when they got their licenses. They passed first time--and they made mistakes. They think its their right to drive--not a privelidge. It is pretty easy to get a drivers license in Michigan it seems.

Cheryl, when you say you went to Branson, do you mean as in Branson, MO?
We are going there on Easter break. Any suggestions for what not to miss when we are there? We are taking our 12 year old daughter.

Dee, thank you for your encouraging words. They mean the world to me. That is what is keeping me going on this diet/exercise thing I am doing.

4myloves
12-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Thank you all for the hugs. I think I really need to get my Lexapro adjusted to a higher dosage, because a lot of it really is ME. (Growwwwlllllll)

Angie--yup, the one and only Branson, MO!! We go there 2-3 times/year. What kinds of things are you interested in? Do you like shows? If so, there are a ton to choose from. A 12-year-old girl......Hmmmm......If she's "into" boys, I recommend the Haygoods. Try to get a seat close to the front. How many days will you be there? We usually stay 2-3 days each trip, then on the way home talk about all the things we wanted to do but didn't have time for :)

SuzyMc
12-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry to be MIA, but I've spent the past few days with an awful migraine. I don't remember ever being this sick with a migraine...I've been miserable. The good thing (if there is a good thing) is that I haven't been able to eat, so I have been able to get a grip on my sugar addiction again and the scales have dropped a couple of pounds. Now if I can just not start eating everything in sight once my stomach gets back to normal! ;)

Gayle ~ I'm a "cash and carry" shopper too...credit cards and I don't get along or maybe that should be "credit cards and I get along too well"! :lol:

Dee ~ This is Travis' second Christmas away from home and also the second Christmas that he has spent in Iraq. Shawn (our oldest son) got to talk to Travis on the phone last week and said that he sounded really good..."happier than he ever sounded his last deployment", so that really made me feel good.

Allison ~ Sorry to hear that your DD didn't pass her test. She may be "blaming you", but she knows that she is the one who messed up and maybe it will make her a more careful driver in the long run.

Angie ~ Sounds like you are doing great! This is a hard time of year to stay OP too...keep up the good work!

Debbi ~ Woohoo...the construction is over! I know how excited you are to finally have it all done!
I'm glad that Rob's diabetes will be able to be controlled by diet. I'm sure you will learn lots from the nutritionist...be sure to pass on any good tidbits to us here!

Cheryl ~ Sounds like way too much stress at your house right now...construction, finals, Christmas, maybe it would be a good idea to talk to your doctor about increasing your meds for a bit.

Where are our other Floozies? Shelley?? Janice??? Vogue????

alinnell
12-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Good morning everyone!!!

DD and I had a fun time at the Christmas tree lot last evening. The kids worked hard and sold many trees. The lot is a fund raiser for the high school band. They are raising $$ for a trip to China for the Bejing Music Olympics this summer.

Angie--WTG on that exercise!!! I'm jealous. I pledge to start Monday (or perhaps Sunday if the weather holds out. DH and I usually walk on Sunday, but we'll be out late Saturday for a Brian Setzer Christmas concert).

Suzy and everyone else--DD isn't blaming me any longer and is taking full responsibility for failing the driving test. She is even telling her friends what her mistake was. Now her focus is on baking cookies and cake to take to school tomorrow to give to her friends for Christmas. Looks like our house will be smelling really good tonight!

angieks
12-15-2006, 12:34 AM
Guess what--I finally got on a scale and I have lost 8#. :D
It feels so good to have something to show for all the hard work.

Cheryl, we will be going to Branson for 7 days. We usually go to the Smoky Mtns for Easter Break but need a change. Ya, we like shows. musical, comedy, whatever. We also like nature stuff.

Suzy, hope your migraine is all better. I've only had a couple in my lifetime. But remember how awful it was.

Allison, OMG--China--I'm glad my daughters band is still paying off new uniforms. I don't think I could let her go to China. (I know, that is selfish of me) But it sure would be a great experience. My daughter is only 12 so I won't have to worry about anything like that for a few years. My daughter plays Alto Sax. What's yours play?
Hope you can get your exercise in. I feel so good now that I've made it a habit.

better get going and go to bed. 5am comes around awfully fast.

gdeann
12-15-2006, 12:45 AM
GREAT JOB ANGIE!!! 8 POUNDS +++ WOW! +++SUPER!
My 7 year old daughter will be starting band in about 2 years. She has been saving money for a drum set. I hear through the grapevine Santa may be delivering such a thing on Christmas eve. I hope it holds her interest so she can have a decent start in band. Who knows, after a few hours pounding on the thing, she may never touch it again.

Suzy, I love your little Grinch! Hope your feeling better sweetie.

Allison, did you guys get all of the sweet treats made & packaged? How did you do not trying to sample?

I am busy getting ready for the holidays and running after everyone. Feeling down in the dumps with a sorry poor me attitude. Hopefully I will be better soon!

coles
12-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Suzy - Hope you are feeling better today.
I have been checking in most days, just so busy getting ready for [/URL] Christmas. I am working most of the week but am off Christmas Day this year.
I don't know what healthy eating is any more. I seem to just be eating on the run these days.
I am finished shopping finally. Everything is so expensive.
Congratulations Angie!! [URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_1_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb114_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7922)

alinnell
12-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Angie--my DD plays the following: clarinet, bass clarinet, piano, guitar, bass guitar, and all percussion such as snare, bass drum, timpani, marimba, xylophone, etc. I used to joke and say what doesn't she play? She simply says she plays anything but brass--which is pretty much true. She can play sax, but doesn't, and she's tried the bassoon, but that was tough at the time (she was 11 at the time--her teacher thought she was too young and I agree now). Her band went to Australia and New Zealand 2 years ago. They travel almost every other year. It's a great experience for them!

And congrats on the loss!!!!!!!

Gayle--Dana decided to make 2 cakes rather than a cake and a lot of cookies, so there was no snacking!!! She made them both in disposable 13x9 pans at my request so she can take it to school and not worry about bringing the pans home. I thought that was a good idea simply because I didn't want her to worry about the pans, but it works better when you think she won't be bringing any leftovers home!

Well, I'm off to work. Might only put in half a day. I need to go deal with the HOA with this new lot we've bought. They said that immediate family can use all the facilities, but they won't give the pass card to the club houses to my in-laws. I have to get it and give it to them myself. Very weird. I also have to get the security stickers for our cars.

Ta Ta! Have a great day!

Deelite
12-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Just popping to see how you are all doing......I have dusted, cleanned bathrooms, put some gifts under the tree and now I am heading off for my hour long swim and forty minute walk. See Shelley I am still at it. I just know that I need to be careful about posting it. Larry is already concerned about what I am doing but I think it is still moderate not over done.
I did have a little heart episode at the pool the other day. The doctor is sending me to another cardiologist that specializes in arithmeia. (sp? brain dead) We will see what comes of that but it will be probably a long wait til I see the doc.
Well off to swimming.

You all better be good I hear Santa has a team of good looking elfs keeping an eye on us.

alinnell
12-15-2006, 07:20 PM
NO! NO! NO! DD brought come almost a full cake!!!!!

gdeann
12-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Allison....step away from the cake....NOW! Drop it and keep your hands up....turn around and walk slowly away....this is the calorie police keeping an eye on you. LOL!

Cute elves Dee? How cute????? Maybe that is why Mrs. Claus is always smiling. They say big things come in small packages.

Janice, I agree with you, EVERYTHING is so expensive! I think we spent almost twice as much as what we had budgeted for Christmas this year.

SuzyMc
12-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Cute elves Dee? How cute????? Maybe that is why Mrs. Claus is always smiling. They say big things come in small packages.

There's the Gayle that we all know and love! :rofl:

Dee ~ I do wish that the doctor could get your heart problems under control. Hopefully this new specialist will be able to help, but please be careful until then!

Allison ~ Your daughter sounds like my nephew...it's easier to list the instruments that he doesn't play! I'm so envious of anyone who can play any instrument...the only thing I play well is the radio! :lol:

Janice ~ I'm glad that you're still with us...I miss hearing from you! :hug:

Angie ~ Way to go! Keep it up...you are doing awesome! :carrot:

Shelley ~ I'm sure you're busy getting last minute things ready for the holiday. Happy Hanukkah! :stardav:

ShelleyM
12-16-2006, 06:40 AM
Thank you Suzy!

Yes, I have been very busy. We are having a get together today at my Mom's, which will be after my new refrigerator is delivered. My house is such a disaster right now that I can't even set up the menorah. It's raining out, so for my workout I will be working in the house, try to arrange stuff. I ate so much chocolate yesterday that I am very ashamed of myself. I wish I would stop. I don't know what my problem is right now.

Dee-Please take care of yourself.

Janice, Yes everything is ridiculously priced. The holidays always take a toll on our pocketbooks!

Gayle-I wish I could say something to bring up your spirits, but mine are right there also. I think it's because of my eating right now that I am feeling this way.

Lynneye
12-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Shelley, Happy Hanukkah!! We are going to Rob's Mom's today and will celebrate with her. Hope your fridge is delivered on time and easily! Have a great time today at your Mom's!

Dee, please take care of yourself and be careful! Hope you can figure this all out quickly with the new dr.

Allison, I am very jealous! I have always wanted to be able to play an instrument, but I just can't! I did try over the years, but well, better I stopped for everyone's ears!

Angie, 8 pounds at this time of the year! WOW! I am impressed!

Suzy, the girls must be beside themselves now, with Christmas getting so close! They have to be so much fun!

Gayle, hope you are feeling more cheerful now. Remember, Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you are up to!

gdeann
12-16-2006, 10:59 AM
HAPPY HANUKKAH SHELLEY & FAMILY!
Have a blessed holiday!!!

ShelleyM
12-17-2006, 06:09 AM
Thank you, ladies!

Guess what? My bike came in. It is so fantastic, I can't wait to take it out this morning. I'll have to get Patty to take a picture of me and the bike. If you go to www.lemondbikes.com , it's the Tourmalet women's model. I hope to start back with long workouts today.

Gayle or Dee-You both are so creative with gifts. Any idea on what to get evil MIL? She hates anything you give her... I'd like to do something besides pictures. Anything she is given, she always has a used one waiting to be sold at her garage sales.

We had a nice party at my mom and dad's yesterday. My best friend's husband even showed up! It was a good time for everyone.

Lynneye
12-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Shelley, we get my MIL and a my grandmom both gift certificates for the grocery stores in the area. We also buy them a few luxury food items, both love choc. covered cherries and won't buy them for themselves. Stuff like that.

ShelleyM
12-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Here's a picture of me and my new bike:

alinnell
12-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Shelley, very nice bike! How many miles did you log this weekend?

Saturday we went and purchased DD's new car (and she doesn't even have her license yet!). She is super happy.

Saturday night my in-laws took us out to dinner and then we took them to the Brian Setzer Christmas concert. It was great fun.

Sunday I finished my Christmas shopping. Now just a few presents to wrap and Tuesday I'll decorate a bit. I even bought a tree! It's about a foot tall, so I had to buy new ornaments (itty bitty ones!) and battery operated lights. It's cute and now I don't feel so guilty for not putting up my big tree (too much work).

Tonight DD and I go caroling at the nursing home.

Busy, busy, busy. Everyone have a great day!

SuzyMc
12-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Shelley ~ Beautiful bike! I wish you many safe miles on it!

Debbi ~ We get the older folks in our family gift certificates for the grocery store too. I usually package them with new placemats, a new table runner or some other cooking/food related item so that they have something to unwrap.

Allison ~ Your little tree sounds cute! We have a big fat real one, but the tree is about all I have out for decorations. I wasn't into it this year either.

Things are super busy here too! I still have a few last minute gifts to pick up at the store at some point this week. I also have some sewing to finish before Christmas. Plus all the other things that need to be done before the holiday...cleaning, wrapping, grocery shopping, not to mention babysitting and work! UGH...I'll be glad when it's over!

4myloves
12-18-2006, 02:02 PM
PLEASE STOP!!!

A NEW THREAD HAS BEEN STARTED!!