Weight Loss Support - 10 at a time

View Full Version : 10 at a time

didi65
12-07-2006, 01:08 AM
When I first started walking again and focused on getting healthier I weighed 277 . Had a bunch of health problems . That was in July and I have lost 40 pounds as of today . [ I am going by my doctors scale with clothes on ] . I coudn't even walk around the block . The walking has helped but I am a little nervous now that it is getting cold . Don't mind the cold itself but the wind rots . I think what works best for me is losing 10 pounds at a time . Like right now my goal is to get below 230 . I know the day the scale reads under 200 I will either be crying my eyes out or be hysterical with glee .
So I guess I am writing this because I am losing very slowly right now and think I need to rev it up a bit and keep better tabs on myself .
So weight right now on my birthday is 237 .

sweet_talker
12-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Congratulations on the fabulous weight loss! Losing 40 pounds since July isn't slow, it's healthy! That way you know you're not losing any of that muscle you're building with the walking :) Maybe you should think about investing in some nice walking clothes to keep you toasty against the wind's cool breath? That's a pretty nice incentive to keep at it :D

rockinrobin
12-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Ummm aren't you being a bit hard on yourself? 40 pounds is awesome!!!! Whatever you're doing is definitely working. As for the winter and cold there are things you can do indoors to substitute for your outdoor walks. I know a lot of the ladies here use a DVD called Walk Away The Pounds by Leslie Sansone, they rave about. I believe there's even a support group on it over in the Fitness Video section if you want to check it out..

brismiley
12-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Happy Birthday! :) 40 pounds in 5 months is awesome! The other posters have great ideas for keeping exercise going.

FreeSpirit
12-07-2006, 12:35 PM
First of all, congrats on your weight loss... that's an awesome achievement! :D

Secondly, have you considered trying some inside workout routines? If you like to walk, take a trip to your local library and see if they have any workout routines on tape, like, Walk Away the Pounds, or things like that.

If you have space, then, maybe doing a warm up inside... like doing things like jumping jacks, squats, running in place... then taking a shorter walk outside would be okay, too. Have you considered getting a jump rope? If you do a nice warm up inside, then just go right outside in the front and do some jump roping, when you're done you can do a little cool down stretching and then be back inside so you don't freeze your toosh off.

Good luck, hun. :hug:

boaterswife
12-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Wow! You're weight loss has been excellent! Remember that everyone loses at a different pace, what's important is that you are making changes! Keep it up and you'll be crying those tears of joy for Onederland in no time at all!

denice81
12-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Happy Birthday! and congratulations on the significant weight loss! Everyone else is right, 40 lbs is wonderful, and you've lost it at a great pace. Think about if you keep loosing at a similar pace, you could be nearly 100 lbs slimmer by the same time next year! Good luck and keep up the great work!

didi65
12-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks so much !!!
That is why I love this forum ...everyone offers so much encouragement .
Did a 30 minute program on my stationary bike this morning . I tell ya getting off that bike makes you feel like you just did something grand LOL . a wonderful day starter . Still have 3 miles to walk and looking forward to it while it is light out .
I read an article that during the winter getting even 10 minutes of direct sunlight a day does marvelous things for us inside and out .
Thanks again for the birthdays and I wanted to tell you that you are all an inspiration to me .

didi65
12-09-2006, 01:46 PM
P.S.
Lost another pound :]

midwife
12-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Congrats!! You are quite an inspiration!!

chick_in_the_hat
12-09-2006, 08:34 PM
:woo: :balloons: :congrat: :hb: :gift:

Congrats on your hard work & Happy BDay!!! Enjoy your walk! :D

pockets
12-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Congrats on your weight loss!! That is fantastic.

You're walking 3 miles a day!?! I wish I could go that long!

And, yes, the sun does lots of good for us!! Without it you can't make vitamin D. You sound just so upbeat and happy, maybe I should move my workouts outside!

didi65
12-10-2006, 10:30 AM
I think I am just looking at this another way now .
I always went into dieting feeling sorry for myself I think . Woe as me I can't have what everyone else is eatting . Not realizing that if I didn't eat TOO much as it was I would't be overweight to begin with . I am going to be excited about losing weight . I mean ..it IS exciting to get healthier and the only side bar to that is looking better too !! and I will have what THEY are having but just a little bit . If I do have a binge I refuse to beat myself up as we are only human afterall but I will exercise longer and harder the next day . I think I have always used food as a crutch and a comfort from a marriage that has always been rocky , bumpy and unsure at best .I plan on making January , Feb and March the 'get healthier' months . I know it is a lifelong goal but I am looking forward to it . That's why I started this thread . This is the pep talk thread LOL .
I look at the weight you all have lost and smile from ear to ear ! How proud you must be !! How much better you must feel ! You are all my motivators and I thank you and appreciate it .:smug: