Old 12-06-2006, 09:38 PM   #1  

Smile 2 weeks into LA and struggling.

Introducing myself. My name is Sha' and I'm from Florida. I've always been so skinny my whole life until my kids. I went from 150 to 188...yikes. So since my sister is on an LA weight loss commercial I was convinced it worked and here I am and tons of money later. I have lost six lbs the first week but I haven't lost anything since, unless they make me take off my blue jeans. I really need a support group, new recipes...ect. I sure hope I came to the right place. I'm 35 and have three kids ages 6,5,5 and raising them alone...dh is on the other coast due to a job. I hope to meet all of you. Thanks.
Journey4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #2  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Welcome - this truly is a great support board. Go back and read through some of the Losers and Friends threads and you'll see what I mean. A 6 pound loss is huge; if you are not averaging your 2 lbs a week, and you are truly following the program, your counselor at the COD should provide answers. That's what you paid all that money for!! Personally, my loss is slow, but that's really my fault. But, this program works if you do it right. How can it not? You are getting in all your food exchanges, your portion sizes are controlled (by you), and you are limiting your processed/fast foods and alcohol - those are all key things that help me lose.

Anyway, hope you find some good information in the thousands of threads that get posted here each week! Mama Nicole and Cassi are both in your shoes (moms with young children) and their posts are excellent; I shouldn't pinpoint just a couple folks, because on any given day, someone inspires me.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:17 PM   #3  
shrinkinggirl

S/C/G: 250/241/140

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on losing those 6lbs As my DH told me,"That's that much less weight you have to lose. Keep going!" That was an encouragement for me and I hope for you too. Keep on the plan and the weight will come off. Studies show that if you lose weight slowly it's better and you'll keep it off in the long run. Keep up the great work. on 6lbs gone!!!!
shrinkinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:25 AM   #4  
FBD/8-18-08

Journey4me - Like Joni said, the place to go is the Losers and Friends thread. You'll really get to know us there and we'll get a chance to know you better! So, and we're here for ya girlfriend!
A couple of things to remember:
1. You didn't gain it overnight - you won't lose it overnight.
2. With every informed decision you make to stay OP, you make yourself just a little more healthy!
3. No matter what - YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!
4. It is NOT easy but it IS do-able and you CAN do it!
Did I mention that you're worth the effort, the cost, and planning, the shopping, the cooking, the trips to the COD, the posting in the diary, the weighing of your food, even coming here and playing with us Losers - You're Worth Every bit of it!!!!
Hugs,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:39 AM   #5  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Welcome. I also suggest that you read through the losers and friends thread and post with us. There is alot of support there. I also lost 4.6 lbs the first week and then it has been slow since then. I believe this program does work if you work it.

I look forward to posting with you!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:22 AM   #6  
Finally motivated!!!

S/C/G: 219.6/Ticker or Sig/155

Height: 5'7"

Don't give up girl! I know it's hard, but the program does work, it truly does. 6 lbs is a lot, so don't feel badly because you haven't lost more. Your body is probably re-adjusting Stay strong! We are here to give you the support you need!

Take care,
JennaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/290/155

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Sha',

I, too, lost a lot on TO. Then I gained a lb. Then I cut back on my food for which they are on my case at the COD. However, that is working for me.

It is a struggle. However, it is well worth it to get this weight off.

How are you doing today?

Jackie
missmuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Jackie - Trust me (and a LOT of others on this board) - you need all of your food every day! You may lose for a week or so, but them your body will go into starvation mode and try to hold on to every ounce since it won't be getting enough fuel. It may seem strange at first, but it is so important to follow the plan to the letter.

A lot of people get on the program and aren't used to the food intake. Then they cut the recommended exchanges to boost their weight loss. Then when their body starts to hold on to all of the weight, they get frustrated and quit. I don't want this to happen to you. The program is a well-thought out one and it works, but you have to follow it. There is a reason you have the exchanges you do and that's because your body needs it.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #9  

Wow, you all seem to understand. I need that. I have my sister to talk to but it's easy for her since she's already on maintanance. My bf stacy has her husband. I am alone with three children ages 6,5,5 and cooking for me and then seeing what they get to eat is just hard. Today I want to cry. I even had the sick thought of making myself purdge on the foods I like.
I am starting to hate veggies, meat and fruit. Do you have any tricks to get back to liking them?
I am going to read through all the posts like you said. Thanks so much. Maybe I'll feel better when I go back to the gym. I am going to weigh in first.
Thanks my fellow LA peeps.
Journey4me is offline   Reply With Quote