Support Groups - Weight Loss and ChitChat #223!!

View Full Version : Weight Loss and ChitChat #223!!

Marti
12-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting.:gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Marti
12-06-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm up after only 4hrs of sleep. I was finishing up my decorating last night. Wanted to get it done. I have a doctors appt at 9:00 so I needed to get up early. What was I thinking??

Coffee is in my future!

Sorry just a shortie today....need a shower to wake me up some!

Hugs to all!

FrouFrou
12-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Hello ladies...

Seems like today is doctors day for a few here. I too had an appt. but didn't go. Just didn't feel like it especially so early. I need to find a new doc that's not a flake.

SASSY...I used to be anal about my house being so so. It irritated me that people would say I was perfect, and they would ask "How do you keep your house so clean with three little ones?" Ummm, I clean it. I was far from perfect but I did have a very clean house. I swear the floors were always so clean you could eat off them. But I learned to let things go and while I am still anal about some things...my house doesn't have to be perfectly clean. There are more important things in life than having a perfect house. And you are not a failure Missy! So don't ever say that. Jane suggested some good pointers. Hey, WTG on the gift card! Wow, I am amazed and surprised...that is great! I washed my car yesterday too. Well, I go to this touchless car wash...it cleans underneath and does really well at getting all the dirt off. I don't like to leave all the gunk on it, especially underneath it after the snow. I think Oprah has a new attitude about herself this time and yeah, like you said...she has forgotten where she has come from. Does anyone remember when she was really big and followed that liquis diet and lost like 60 pounds really fast? I think it was back in the 80's. But yeah, she has done the yoyo dieting for years.

MICHELLE...glad you are going to the doc to be checked. You never really know and worrying just makes it worse. DD found a lump a while back and now she is paranoid about everything. She is going to worry herself to an early grave I swear. So, what kind of tattoo did DD get? I have one and am wanting another. Actually, two more. I'm just a chicken to go for some reason.

SUE...okay, I said it was cold here yeaterday but it wasn't that cold- 22 degrees. It was in the 30's but with the wind chill it was colder...just not sure how cold. I can't walk in the cold. Even if I cover everything my face gets too cold and then I will get sick. Hope all goes well with your mom at the docs today.

JANE...hoping things go well at the docs with Mary too. You know Jane...it is nothing for me to send cards to those soldiers, especially for all they've done and sacrificed. I did find the perfect card...wasn't jolly but just perfect I think. I wrote 36 and man I think my hand is going to fall off. Glad I didn't have to address them. I send them unsealed in a big envelope to the Red Cross part in the hospital and they read everyone to make sure there is no hate mail and then they pass them out. I didn't know you wrote a guy in prison.

JULES...glad you are getting in the Christmas spirit. Getting a tree and decorating helps a lot. We put up lights on Thanksgiving and did the decorating inside but I wasn't really into it. I was in a hurry to get everything done for Josh before he came home so I didn't really enjoy doing it. But last night I was looking at the tree while I was cooking and thought how pretty it was with the white lights and all the red on it. I love to just sit back and listen to Christmas music and watch the lights.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Not much on the agenda for today. Josh and I are headed to the base later on to take care of some things. Then later on going to meet V after work and drive him to the foot doctor. That's about it.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a good day! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
12-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi Ladies!

BBBBBRRRRRRRRRR still CCCOLD! I think its mostly coming from the back door, need to get some weather stripping or something! lol.

Haven't done much of nothing today. lol. I need to do at least a load of laundry so that DH & I have work clothes for this weekend.

I did bake all the cookies AND I didn't even have ONE! I did however have a few licks of the cookie dough! lol. But I am planning on eating one or two at least. Hey after all it is the holidays, right? lol........

I still plan on baking more. I want to make Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisin, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies. So far I've made Chocolate Chip and Toffee Chocolate Chip and I have 3 Ziplock bags to take to work to share. ;)

Hi Marti! I hope you got your coffee! :coffee: ;)

Cristina -- Oh yeah I used to be exactly like that too. I was so bad about it that if I had went to bed and then thought about something that I had forgotten to clean, I would get out of bed and clean it! So after I had been with DH, I changed. I can even remember the moment. It was before we were married and we had our 1st apt. and we both had just come home from work and I cooked dinner and there of course were dishes to do, now usually I would NEVER ever leave dishes in the sink, that was "Taboo" for me, but I was really really tired. So DH says, "The dishes won't get up and go away, they will be there tomorrow." and it just came to me that night, he was right, the dishes would not go away and the world would keep moving if I didn't do the dishes that very moment. So from then I changed. I kept a clean house, but it didn't have to be immaculate anymore. Its just now that we both are working nights and all, its gets kinda hard to find time to clean when um everybody isn't asleep downstairs. lol. But it will get done, I can just do one thing a day and get it done. Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them. :hug:

Anyways. Glad you and Josh are having fun and I loved the snow pics! :coolsnow: I think we're supposed to be getting ours tomorrow night! If so I'll take some pics with our new camera! :D

I hope you all are staying warm! :hot:

:hug:

suetalks
12-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Boy do those snow pictures make me cold! Neat pictures Cristina!

I am tired tonight from all the running today. We got all of Mom's errands run, thank goodness. And she had a good Dr. appt. He gave her a shot for her back so it is feeling much better tonight. I think she will be able to sleep tonight with the shot and being worn out. I didn't have a shot and I know I will sleep well.

Just had a nice long talk with DH from CA. We had been playing phone tag for several days. Finally got to talk to a real HIM instead of voice mail. He is doing well, maybe a little homesick. He and his GF are planning to come to Vegas in the Spring. I for one can't wait to see him. I am still jealous that DH got to spend time with him in Sept. :) He had good news...just found that he is on track to finish school next Nov. instead of Spring '08. That is if he doesn't take any time off. He is so busy, I am thinking he will need a break, but he says wait and see.

Anyway...that's it from my house. Hope you all had a nice day and see ya tomorrow.

FrouFrou
12-07-2006, 02:19 AM
Good morning ladies...

I'm up late for some reason. I am sleepy but can't sleep if that makes sense. Thought I would jump on here after I did some picking up. Tomorrow, um rather today is Wally world day so will do the shopping in a few hours. Hoping to get up at 8 and out of here by 9. I'm getting lazy again and not wanting to get up. Don't think it so much being lazy as not wanting to get out from under the warm covers, lol.

SASSY...I was like that too. After dinner the kids and DH would go outside for a bit but I would not go until every dish was done. It didn't take very long to do them and I would rather have them done and then go out with them instead of having to dread coming back in to do them. But DH said they can wait and I started letting them wait sometimes. I guess it would be weird working the hours you work and then trying to get things done on top of trying to sleep in between. Hey, everyone is going to love you when you go to work! Those cookies sounds delicious!

Anyway, nothing much to say...was awake and thought I would stop in and say HI. I'm getting really sleepy so going to head to bed in a few more minutes.

HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYONE! Hope you have a wonderful day! Supposed to be cold here today. It's fine though, especially after todays weather. It was sooo nice.

Sassy_Chick
12-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Morning all. I'm typing in red because that is all I've been seeing this morning is red. No, I'm not angry, my AF decided to go into overdrive and I bled all over the place! So I am staying up now to get laundry done. (Sorry if TMI!!) Also I am going to call my dr and see about getting something to get this to stop. I've had this AF since October for crying out loud! Its time for it to stop! My old gyn. gave me BC pills to help me stop before when I had this problem, but she told me to take more than just one and I can't remember how many and for how many days and all, so I am going to call my dr and see what they say. Something needs to be done because I'm really sick of this. I can't take it anymore. One minute I am fine and the next minute I'm gushing like a river! (Again Sorry if TMI!)

I'm debating about calling off of work too, but not sure. I know women have periods everyday and go to work and all, but this one is a bit different and kinda extreme I think. I mean I've gone heavy before, but I know when enough is enough. You know?

Anyways sorry if TMI but I'm just plain sick of this and I can't take it anymore. I kinda had a mini-break down after I went to the bathroom. I am so sick of this disease. (PCOS) I know there are worse diseases out there, but I'm just honestly sick of this disease and what it does to my body. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well sorry to be a drag.................

Have a Good Day.

Jane
12-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - I'm just lucky that we have the same address for the new house that we had for the old one, since the houses are/were so close. The gal in the court house who made that decision was my neighbor in town, and we were always on such friendly terms. Anyway, it saved a lot of trouble with notifying everyone.

Michelle - how'd the doctor appointment go today?

Marti - how about yours? Something routine, I hope.

Sassy - hope you get your doc to do something about your periods. And you probably should be checked for anemia, too, imo. Hope you get the 16th and 17th off, too.

Cristi - yeah, I write to the son of a friend who made a stupid mistake and is now paying for it. His mom and I have been friends since 4th grade, so I'm doing for her as much as for him. Btw, I didn't see a snow photo link. Hope Vs foot is ok.

Mary's doc in Evansville did an exam, then scheduled her for xrays and blood work in Vincennes. He wouldn't confirm that she has RA for sure, but her previous blood work shows that she does. So we're back to square one.

Just a little over 2 weeks 'til Christmas! Time's flying! DS's Mackenzie has her Christmas program tonight, and I'm looking forward to that. She's in 2nd grade, so that should be real cute.

Gotta dash. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
12-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi Ladies!

Well my AF has lightened up, Thankfully! So I am going to go ahead into work. I got some sleep (on the couch -- fell alseep!) so I do feel better. I plan on making an appt. with my dr though.

Guess what I woke up too????? SNOW!!!!!! :snow4: Not much, but a little! I will attach some of the pics I took!

UGH Jane why did you have to remind me how close Christmas is? I'm not not not ready! lol. I'm not even ready for my DH's bday and its Monday! :yikes: I think I need a personal assistant! Any takers??? lol.

Well have a Great Day! I got to get ready for work!

Okay where R my pics??? I attached them! I really did! :tantrum:

Sassy_Chick
12-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Okay what am I doing wrong here????????? Its not working! :tantrum:

Sassy_Chick
12-08-2006, 06:23 AM
Good Chilly Morning all! :coffee:

It is a lovely 11 degrees F (-11.67 C) outside! BRRRRRRRR! But of course our new car warms up in just a jiffy! :D It did just fine today in the cold. We didn't get that much snow at all really.

I made it through work, so far AF has lightened up and my back amazingly enough isn't hurting! (So far!)

DH & I have come to the realization that we both are in need of new winter coats. I've had mine for years now and it was given to me by my MIL and it was hers first. (she gave me her old one once she bought a new one) So I think I'm due and DH has had his for a while now too.

Only 3 more days and we get one whole week off! :carrot: No word yet about thte 16th & 17th. I kinda doubt that we will get it off, but you never know! If we don't get them off, I told hub that we should ask our boss if we can leave early maybe.

I plan on baking more cookies as DH has decided not to share the cookies I have already made! lol. So I shall bake more to bring into work. I told one of the 3rd shift guys about it and he was very excited as like I said we get shafted on goodies and what not. We always get Dayshifts Leftovers and to me that is plain crap. We deserve to have some goodies and what not too!

I'm so glad we got the stray cat (His name is Phantom) a good home because it is SO cold outside! Our friend sent us pics of him and says he is doing just fine and his other cat is adjusting.

My mom sent me an email saying she took some vacation days off after Christmas so she is hoping to come up to visit with us, if the weather holds out! So I hope I get to see her! :D She also told me she got a new shift starting Christmas Day, she will be working Noon - 8 P.M. instead of 3 p.m. - 11 p.m. so that will be good, she won't have to work so late at night. I know she doesn't like driving that late at night alone and all. Plus with the new shift she can still "sleep in" a little bit. She never really "sleeps in" but still better than getting up at the "crack of dawn".

Oh I did get ALL my Christmas Cards done at work tonight! :woohoo: So as soon as I get stamps, they should be going out, probably on Monday I would say. ;)

I guess that is about all on my end. Sorry I'm rambling here. lol.

I hope you all have a nice WARM Friday!

Jane
12-08-2006, 10:36 AM
This is Friday, right?

Michelle - thank you for the lovely Christmas card, and the note inside, too. :hug:

Sassy - Neal's bd is Sunday. We're going to the Amish restaurant by ourselves for lunch after church. Then the kids and grandkids will be here in the evening for his celebration. He always wants an angel food cake made in a 9x13 pan with chocolate frosting, lol. You're lucky that coats are on sale everywhere, so this is a good time to buy one, if they aren't too picked over. Glad you'll get to be with your mom during her Christmas break. Does she live very far away?

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

Mackenzie's program was so sweet. She even had a solo singing part, and I didn't know about that, so I was pleasantly surprised. We had a flat tire on the way home, and Neal had a very hard time getting the new tire out of the place it's stored. There we were, with 3 little kids, the temp was 14 degrees, and the back of the van was wide open for almost 45 minutes. Brrrrr!!! As cold as we were, I felt even sorrier for Neal being out there in it.

My family Christmas party with the sisters and others is tomorrow night, and that should be lots of fun. This year we're having it at my church's Fellowship Hall, instead of one of our home's because the crowd is just too big.

What's on your agenda for the day?

Marti
12-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Morning Gals....

Friday is here and I'm so happy! :D I've got some shopping to do tomorrow...problem is, I'm not sure what to get that husband of mine! So I'm hoping that browsing around stores will help me figure it out.

I was asked to come in early today, but not sure how soon I'll get myself out the door. Feeling groggy and not quite awake yet. Maybe a shower will do the trick.

Sorry for no individuals today......I'll have time after work so I'll get to them then.

Have a great Friday!

FrouFrou
12-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi Ladies...

Michelle...thank you for the card.

Hi to everyone else...:wave:

Not much going on. I have tons to do today to prepare for tomorrow. We are having our Christmas Dinner since Josh is home. Can't believe it is here already and Josh will be leaving Monday morning, early. I've got some prep work to do, took the turkey out (probably should have done that yesterday) and have a cake to make and a pumpkin pie as well. I don't look forward to all this cooking...seems like Thanksgiving was just yesterday and I think I am still tired from that, lol! Later on we are headed to Old Cowtown...hoping it's not a muddy mess and all the snow has melted. We still have a little left in the back by the fence and in the front close to the house.

Have a good weekend!

suetalks
12-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Good afternoon. I have had a busy day like all of you have. Grocery shopping and going to two stores for gift cards. I just finished making magic cookie bars for the kids for tomorrow and also made the bark with peppermint. It is chillin' so I will let you know how it tastes later. Very easy for sure. Mom is going to make fudge now.
I packed almost all of my clothes for Wed.....just a few odds and ends to put in at the last minute, like my make-up. Oh, I just remembered I have some books I want to take if we have room. I haven't found time to go get a library card there yet. :)
Hope everyone has a nice week-end planned and that it is fun for all.
Be back later.

Sassy_Chick
12-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Afternoon Ladies!

Well its a bit warmer now, a whole whopping 25 Degrees F. lol. Heat wave.......lmao.

Hi Jane -- I hope Neal has a Happy Bday too! :gift: Yeah it probably is a good time to buy a new coat. I hope like you said they aren't all picked over. ;) So what did you get Neal for his bday? I have no idea what to get DH. My mom lives about an hour and a half away, in Indiana. So not too far, but far enough as she doesn't drive that far. So we usually have to go and pick her up.

Awwww sorry to hear about the flat tire doesn't it seem like it always happens that way? When its the worst weather outside! Have fun @ your family Christmas Party.

Hi Marti! I am right there with ya, I have NO idea what to get my husband either! I think my co worker and I are going to go shopping on our lunch breaks, maybe he can help me get some ideas!!!!!!! I need some male input! lmaooooo. Hope you had a great day. I feel groggy too. I think I need some caffenine! :)

Hi Cristina! I hope you and Josh enjoy your Christmas dinner together. I know its going to be really hard come Monday. :hug:

Hey Sue. Mmmmmmmm Fudge :drool: That sounds sooooo good. Maybe I will make some......;) I hope you have a wonderful time and a safe trip!

Have a Great Weekend Everybody!

suetalks
12-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Hello Sassy...Good luck shopping. My DH is hard to buy for also. He is so into tools...which I have no clue about. I did buy him a weather station for Christmas. I hope he likes it. It tells the outside temp., inside temp., atomic clock and a few other goodies. I have no idea how it works...lol. I was going to buy him a stool for his workbench, but he went and got it. Grrrr. Then our anniversary is in Jan. so there is another gift I have no idea about.
I have a question for you about this site. I know where to go for signatures and avatars...but how do you change the printing under your name? Where your says Happy Holidays? And where do you get the sparkly Sassy? I have had to teach myself this puter stuff...but that one I can't figure out. :)
Mom's fudge is great..and I had a hard time eating just one very small sliver. I tried the peppermint bark too, and it is so easy and pretty good. I just was not happy that the candy cane crunchies don't stick very well. Think next time I will drizzle white chocolate over the candy cane...or something different. Yummy though. When we get to Vegas I think I will make choc. and white choc. covered pretzels and almonds. Already promised DH some old fashioned fudge too. Thinking of fixing a box and sending to my son. He is homesick right now.

Okay...hello to all you JL's. Cristina- Will be thinking of you as Monday approaches. :hugs
Marti- Good luck also with the shopping. Men are pretty hard to buy for aren't they?
Jane- Have fun with your family and Happy Birthday to Neal!

Gotta scoot for an early night. Brunch for the family in the morning.

Sue....

Jane
12-08-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm back....

Hi Marti and Sue

Cristi - yes, it must seem like Thanksgiving all over to you. We usually have a ham for Christmas, but I haven't bought one yet. I didn't know Josh would be going back so soon! I know you'll be very sad about that, and I'll be thinking of you. But as soon as he's gone, you can start planning his spring visit.

Sassy - I'm giving Neal $$ for his birthday, because there are some new tools he wants, and I'd rather he pick them out himself. He usually gives me $$ for my birthday, too because I usually have a trip planned in the fall, and like to have extra fun money, lol. The man is hard to buy for, I'll tell ya that! I usually buy anything he needs when he needs it, and he doesn't have many "wants" (like I do, tee hee).

Hi all. :wave:

Neal's watching an episode of CSI that he recorded earlier in the week, and I have to be in the right mood to watch that show. I miss my ABC. The local Dish Network dealer said we may get it back on the 12th of Dec. I'll believe it when I see it.

I've been working on my menu for next Thursday when I have my Mind, Body and Soul group in for dinner. I've been checking out some recipes online. It's easy to get in a rut, you know?

In the meantime, tomorrow is my family Christmas party, as I mentioned earlier, and will be a busy day. Have a good weekend, ladies. :hug:

Jane
12-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi Sue, you posted while I was still composing, lol. The fudge sounds de-lish! Save me a piece, lol.

Katiecat
12-09-2006, 02:37 AM
Hi ladies :wave:

We went out to look at Christmas lights tonight, and were going to come home and put up the tree, but Tim zonked in the car. :faint: Poor dear, he leaves for work at about 5 am, so I understand why he konked out. Ah well, the lights were beautiful, and he got to see most of them. :ginger: Hopefully we'll get the tree up tomorrow. :tree: We might go to a matinee of "Happy Feet", and Tim and I have tickets to a Christmas concert for tomorrow night, a choral group called Chanticleer -- they are from SF, but sing all over the world.

Got most of my Christmas shopping done, just need a few more things. Didn't get anything extravagant for Tim...a book by an author he loves, some nice dress shirts for work, stuff like that. And I love doing stockings for Tim and the boys, finding cool fun little stuff to surprise them :present:

Sassy, I was reading about how you sometimes feel overwhelmed by housework, etc. I feel that way a lot, too. Have you ever read anything on flylady.net? She is so encouraging, and bubbly, cheerful, upbeat, and very motivational. I go there for a refresher when I'm feeling down and overwhelmed. It's all free, unless you want to order a book or something, but all the free stuff and advice on the whole site is really good. You can even sign up to get motivational emails. And she's all about babysteps...doing just a little bit at a time...and that's just about my speed :snail: :) And hon, I've gotta agree with Jane -- you need to see your doctor. Seriously. If you've had your cycle since October, and it's been even occassionally heavy like it was, you could be very deficient in iron, or have a lot of other problems. I don't know if it could affect your diabetes, but it's really important to talk to your doctor and get that under control. Just my .02 cents, dear...but you better listen!!! Or...you know what will happen: :kickbutt: ;) BTW, I really like the Christmas quote you have right now about the best gifts to give.

Jane, ack, what a rotten time for a flat tire! Well, I guess no time is good for one, but 14 degrees with a car full of little ones is especially bad. Bet the Christmas program was just darling; I love little kids' programs like that :goodvibes And

Happy Birthday to Neal and Sassy's DH!:woo: :gift: :hb:

Cristi, hope you have a wonderful "Christmas" weekend with Josh :xcheer: Yeah, those turkey dinners are a lot of work, but I bet he appreciates your home cooking -- especially since he didn't get it on Thanksgiving. Erik was invited to a friend's house, and we were glad because we didn't want him eating Thanksgiving dinner alone or at the chow hall on base. I don't usually do a turkey at Christmas since we just had one in November. I used to always buy a spiral ham, but the last two years I've found really good sales on standing rib roast, and that was a big hit. Hopefully I'll find something like that this year. Oh, and I found a recipe for what sounds like a killer lowfat tiramisu from Cooking Light magazine, so that may be dessert for Christmas dinner (hope it's as good as it sounds!) We will have our big dinner Christmas Eve with Noah and Mike, and then after breakfast on Christmas morning, they will go to their dad's house to spend Christmas Day with his family, and Tim and I will have the day to ourselves.

Sue, that peppermint bark sounds like it would be very pretty and festive -- I think the white chocolate drizzled on top might help to "glue" the peppermint in place a bit :candy: I'm experimenting with some "lightened up" versions of treats this year; if any of them come out especially good, I'll post the recipes in the recipe thread. Bet you are getting excited about going to sunny LV! :sunny:

Marti, yeah guys can be a puzzle to buy for. Is there any movies he'd want? Several new ones are out on DVD, like the second Pirates of the Carribean movie. Tools are always good, especially if you can think of any he's mentioned would be handy (Tim mentioned a cordless screwdriver, now that I'm done shopping for him -- sheesh, babe, you should have said something a month ago!) Warm gloves if he works outside at all, or drives in the cold. Or CD's, or a book if he's a reader...a computer game, if he likes those. Tim's really been into Prince of Persia lately. Or...of course you could always buy sexy lingerie for yourself, and put it in his Christmas stocking, heehee... :love: :val2: Now, that's a present every fella appreciates unwrapping :whoo: :mrsclaus: :rofl:

OK...I guess this book is long enough :book2: Man, I just love playing with smilies...

Michelle, I had to come back and add this because I just saw your last post on the last thread. I am sorry you've been hurting, and hope the Dr. finds everything to be OK. I had a hysterectomy about 10 years ago, and was able to keep my ovaries, so I know how important that is, to not have to worry about taking hormones and stuff. So let us know how you are doing, ok? (((hugs)))

Hi to Jules, and anyone else lurking out there!

FrouFrou
12-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Hello Ladies...

JANE...not sure how I missed that you had a flat. :doh: Guess I didn't read the posts yesterday as well as I thought I did. Sorry you guys had a flat but glad the program was good. I love to see the little kids programs...so cute. I'll add the pictures again at the bottom. Wasn't thinking when I took them off the other day...thought everyone had seen them. Of course I wasn't wide awake at that time so I'm going with that, lol. Tell NEAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow! Hope he has a fun day! And hope the party tonight is a blast!

SASSY...yeah, pretty much already know Monday morning is going to suck big time! I always cry but not in front of Josh, or at least I try my best. I am kind of looking forward to our dinner tonight. I guess I am in a mood where I don't mind cooking. I've been cooking his favs the past two weeks and he loves turkey! Have you come up with any thing for DH yet? Tell him HAPPY BIRTHDAY too! I know I won't be here tomorrow and Monday morning, maybe sometime. Not sure. V is taking the day off so we can take Josh to the airport and I'm not sure what we will do after. Josh has to be there by 6:45 so we will have the whole day to do something, or nothing,lol.

MARTI...I know you will find the perfect gift for James. I have a hard time with V too. But he loves tools, lol. So when we are at Lowes or Home Depot he will be looking and say I want to get this one of these days. So I try to remember what it was, if not he gets a gift card to Lowes. He actually does love getting them. Men and their tools, lol.

SUE...I like your avatar, of course I like your house too! The peppermint bark sounds so good. I may have to try it. I had a peppermint blizzard from DQ a week ago and OMG! That was so good. Had just the right amount of choc. chips and peppermint in it. I know, I should have gotten one but my diet has gone out the window since Josh has been home. Luckily, I've not gained. I gained the one pound but have since lost it so...

MARY KATE...V is like that too...konking out. He tried to watch a movie and ends up sleeping thru it. Of course he gets up at 3:20 and has been doing that for months now. Hope you guys have fun decorating the tree today, if you get to it. I love the smell of a live tree but not the hassle. Fake ones are so convenient,lol. Of course next year I plan on going even simpler and doing a small 2 foot tree that I already bought at Hobby Lobby...(nothing like planning for next year, lol) and some smaller tabletop trees. Never thought I would get tired of all the decorating and I hope I don't. So, maybe if I do it this way every other year I won't lose it.

HI to everyone else :hohoho:

Cowtown was so nice, cold, but nice. I love going to that place anyway but there's something different about it at Christmas time and going at night. I really could see myself living back in those days. Then we went to this place that decorates big time. It's a place that helps people but they call their display Lights on the Lake and it was awesome! Going to go again and take pictures this time. It was so pretty and they really put in a lot of work. We had a nice time. Anyway, I need to get going. I have to get the turkey in at 1. We are having turkey and ham and all the fixins'...made Josh's cake last night and a pumpkin pie. I have a store bought pumpkin cheesecake that I hope tastes good and just a plain cheesecake for DD. Anyway, lots to do and I want to get in the shower and put something festive on. It is our Christmas dinner after all.

Here's the pictures of the snow ladies...I'll leave them up for a few days this time. The last one was of the deck and boy did Ernie have fun going out there to go potty, lol. Funny dog, hates the rain but loves the snow.

Marti
12-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Hello ladies...

Not a whole lot of time to spare but I haven't done individuals so I'm going to try and catch up a little bit!

:candy: Cristi--Love the photos! The snow just adds to the holiday feeling of it all! We didn't have near that much snow. At least not in my particular area.....where James work....he said there were 4ft of snow! Crazy. Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS tomorrow w/your family!!

:candy: MaryKate--I'm not sure what James wants. He really enjoys electronic toys. He just bought a remote control helicopter. (darn man flys that in the house!!) I'm going to head up to Eugene today and check out some sales that are going on. I'm thinking a coat would be great. JC Penny's is having a sale......they seem to be constantly having sales!

:candy: Jane--Hope you have a wonderful time w/your family christmas party! I remember you getting your room reserves earlier in the year.....great that you got it rented! 60 people is a lot! I think about 20 family members get together w/my family. If they actually all showed up it would be closer to 35 or so.

:candy: Sue--My hubby just bought one of those weather things! I wake up to the time on the ceiling...which I love so I don't have to actually get up on one arm and look over James for the time. See...the man buys what he wants....so hard to shop for!:D

:candy:Sassy--Does your hubby like to cook?? I'm thinking of getting my sweetie some cookbooks from the FoodNetwork channel. He's always printing them out. Also would like to find a manly apron! :lol: He probably won't wear it but I'm going to get it for him anyway.

:candy:Michelle--How did your visit w/the doctor go?? Everything turn out ok? I hope so. The pain you described sounded unbearable!! Hope all is well.

:candy:Jules--How are you???

Hello to everyone I have missed!

Well I better get myself out the door. I want to get some shopping done in the day time. Night time traffic during the holidays is scarey!

Hugs to you all! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
12-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

This is a quickie, as I got up late today. :mad:

I'll do individuals later.

Its warmer here today, 40 degrees! HEATWAVE!

Guess what? My Winter coat's Zipper broke last night! :carrot: So now I really have to buy a NEW coat! YIPPEE! I HATE that coat! I know my mil gave it to me, so I couldn't really complain because it was FREE but I never have liked it! :p lol.

I'm definately going to make fudge! :chef: I have been very good with the cookies and only had a few, so I think I can handle a couple small pieces of fudge and share the rest! lol.

Oh and last night they ordered Pizza for us 3rd shifters! All because once again we got left out because they had a chocolate fondue foutain with fruit and veggie trays during the day! But I didn't eat any pizza, they didn't order enough for people to have enough for a meal, only enough for a "Snack" which to me is totally stupid, why couldn't we have the fruit and veggies? So I left the pizza for the men folk, I didn't need any of that anyways. :nono:

Well I guess I should get off of here and go to work now. *sigh* Only 2 more nights (including tonight) and we get a week off.........

TTYL

Sassy_Chick
12-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Hey Ladies! I started a new Thread called Jaded Ladies Fitness & Exercise 101. I hope we call can benefit from it, its a place where we can all keep track of our daily exercise, help each other out with fitness tips, exercise help, fitness myths & facts, etc. So here is the link to the thread, I hope to see you all there!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1493200&posted=1#post1493200

Marti
12-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Hello girls....

It's 1:30am and I'm still up!! :dizzy:

Got some shopping done today. It was really hard to shop for James. But I did get him a couple things. I also got some things for Jhanai. I need to get some stocking stuffers and I'm done. I even wrapped everything tonight!! Amazing.

Spent a couple hours at my sisters house. I picked up Jhanai on the way. She got the book "You on a Diet" I asked her if I could read it once she was done. I did glance through it and was surprised at the layout. It's for easy reading! I don't know why I find that so shocking?! But I did.

Ok....enough babble from me....I'm going to take a shower and get to bed.

Hugs to all!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
12-10-2006, 06:38 AM
Morning! :coffee:

Well another night/morning down and only one to go and then ONE week off! :carrot:

I got DH's Bday gift. A coworker went with me to Wally World (Wal-Mart) and I amazed myself! It took the longest trying to search for DH's Twinkies that he wanted because and you'll love this part -- because I never buy them, so I had no idea where they were! And my co-worker's wife buys them for his kids so he didn't know either! lmao. We finally found those and OH we wandered down the "Seasonal" Aisle and I got DH an Orange County Chopper Mug with candy in it and get this -- they only put a teeny tiny little bag of candy on the top of the mug and put a piece of plastic under it! Didn't even give a FULL mug's worth of candy! PHHHHHT! So I got DH some Mini Reese's Cups to fill it with. ;) (it is his bday after all!)

After that we wandered over to the NON-Food side and I went down the massaging things aisle, as DH hinted that he wanted one of those, my co worker knew exactly which one DH wanted so I got it and a small battery operated one that is made of that Squoosh stuff (Google it if you don't know what it is) but its really really soft and its a massager too, I figured he could use the smaller one at work and the bigger one at home. The bigger one is really really nice, it is advertised on tv, the one where it says, "After your massage you will feel Human again".

I also got him some Untamed Cologne and some Chai Tea Latte (I gave him the Tea already). I know I went a bit overboard, but I really wanted too as his bday is SO close to Christmas, I wanted to make a big deal out of it and this year we had extra money from working over time and all, so I splurged. :^:

Now what to get him for Christmas? lmao. But we were in and out of Wal-Mart and I even picked out a Bday card for DH! Usually I take FOREVER picking out cards! But since I was with my co-worker, I didn't want to make him wait and we had to get back to work. (went on lunch break) so maybe that is my answer to shopping, shop with a co worker and on our lunch breaks! That is the fastest I've ever shopped, esp. for a gift!!!!!!!! And esp. since I had NO clue of what to get him!

Oh and DH discovered we have our first scratch on our new car. :( He is very bummed about it, its not a big one, at all, but still a scratch. I said we could go by the Dealership and get some touch up paint and who knows they may even touch it up for us.

Okay enough babbling. Off to Individuals:

Sue -- My DH has a clock just like the one you got your DH. He LOVES it! It shows the outside and inside temp, the weather, the time and geez I don't even know what all! lol. Its an Atomic Clock like you said you got yours.

The Signature, the sparkly one, I got from Glittermaker.com, go there and you can make one for yourself, then go to User CP, Edit Signature, then you either link it to the URL (website) or upload it from your computer, then click insert signature, then it will show up in your signature. Lemme know if you need more help with this, as its kinda hard to explain. lol.

The one under my avatar that says Happy Holidays, go to User CP again, but go to Edit Profile, then you can insert whatever message you want (as long as its within so many characters) under Custom User Title.

There ya go girlie! I hope that helps! PS -- I'm planning on making PB Fudge on my week off! :D

Mary Kate -- I love looking at Christmas lights........
Yeah I've looked at Fly Lady before, but really hadn't really seriously read it, just kinda glanced over it, so maybe I will check it out. :) Yeah I know I should go to the Dr. even though I do have PCOS and it can be "normal" to have Heavy AF's, this one is way different. I won't go into details, but you all understand I'm sure as women we all just KNOW when things are different than "normal". My biggest problem is my Gyn. I was seeing, isn't there anymore and I LOVED her. She wasn't a Dr. then, but was a PA (Physican's Assitant) and they can do everything a Dr. can do, only they cannot prescribe Narcotics, anyways, she must have gotten her "time" in and moved on, because she is no longer there anymore. :( So I'm going to have to see a new dr and I'm considering changing because this office is a bit farther away and the only reason I went because I loved this lady so much (she was SO nice!) So I'm thinking of going to some place local in town or closer at least. The only thing I have to check out is to be sure whatever place I do go too, that they do High Risk Pregnancy's because since I am a diabetic, if and when I ever get pregnant, I will be automatically considered "High Risk" and my last Gyn. that I had seen for years and years (before the previous one) told me that once I got pregnant she would have to ship me off to another practice as they didn't deal with High Risk Pregnancies. So that is when I went to this new practice, that DOES see High Risk Pregnancies.

Wow I rambled there, sorry Mary Kate! lol.

Cristina -- I'm sure you will be very :cry: on Monday, but just remember all the great fun you had together and know that you will get to make even more memories once he returns. I know its going to be tough though! Thanks for the Bday Wishes for DH. I did find him stuff, as you probably read above! :D

Hi Marti -- Yes my DH loves to cook AND the apron is a good idea because he wants an Alton Brown one! So that maybe a great Christmas Gift Idea! :D So I may wander over to the Food Network's site and see what all they have over there! Did you see that Paula Deen has a Toaster now????? It has a place where you can cook an egg on the side too! I saw it at Wal-Mart! And wow you got most of your shopping done AND Wrapped too? Wow......your WAY ahead of me! lol.

Oh and Thanks for the Christmas Card, Michelle! :D

I hope you all have a Great Sunday today!

jules1216
12-10-2006, 10:05 AM
DS & his gf are coming out today. They didn't make it last week. He's requested baked chicken breasts (I season w/lemon pepper & real lemon juice), potatoes cubed and baked with onion soup mix and olive oil and asparagus. All very easy to make--gotta love my boy!! Alicia wants me to show her how to make the potatoes. DS keeps going on about them.

I am done Christmas shopping for the gf. She has the pink crockpot, a Southern Living Crockpot cookbook, a pink scarf I knitted myself, some tarts for her tart warmer (strawberry margarita so they are pink), and a bracelet (pink & silver)..ds has two zombie movies a Zombie book, and a hoodie so far and dd has a over the earpiece for her cell phone because she has the very bad habit of talking while she is driving and a blue and silver bracelet. I may do goodie baskets for both the kids, razors, shaving cream, lotions, body spray for her, spray and deodorant fromt he axe line for him and other neccessities along with some of their favorite candy. The bracelets for the girls are really neat. One of the ladies who works in a different department had daughter in law come in and show us what she does. Her friend and her have formed a company making watches with beads and stones. They were all really beautiful. She does bracelets too, so I ordered one for each of the girls in the colors they like and even got to pick out the silver beads and each will have a small flat heart charm. Hubby gets clothes and I make him circle several tools in the Sears sale flyer and I go get something from the items he picked. He has asked for a windup flashlight from L & L Bean. I need to get on that fast, I am stopping by the LL Bean store at the outlets beside work over lunch on Monday to see if it's there, if not I will have to order it online. I got a few other things for others but I still have alot to do.

It's been busy at work again and they are transferring a lady from our department to another and I went to a meeting on Thursday to find out that I will be getting more work--I am just thankful that I will not be getting ALL of it. I have been promised that I can keep my two temps as long as I need them which will probably be all year this year. Luckily January through March is the slow time so I can learn the stuff from her and give some of my stuff away. Hubby hasn't been happy but I have been having to go in on Fridays and bring some stuff home.:(

jules1216
12-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Sassy--Happy bday to your hubby. You did good with the gifts. I think he will love them. Good luck on your coat shopping and great NSV for passing on the pizza. The new thread sounds great.

Marti-Very good for you being done and wrapped!! I am slowly getting there. I need to go get some gift tags and some more paper. Holiday traffic is scary--it's almost as bad as when it snows....

Cristina--The pictures are so pretty with the snow and the lights. I like the white icicle lights for outside especially in the snow. We got a light dusting on Thursday night. What was really funny is that they hardly ever salt and plow the back roads but the salted this time:dizzy:

Katiecat--I enjoyed your pictures, your sons remind me of mine with the clothes, hair and stance. We are going to go out and look at lights next weekend. There are a couple of spots that really do it up!!

Jane--Happy bday to Neal!! Hubby doesn't shop he gives the money to DD to go for him or just gives it to me. He used to go with the kids on Christmas Eve day to shop for my gift and stop and get ice cream or some other treat. The kids loved it. Then the kids would wrap it for him when they got home and would go on and on about how they knew what my gift was. Fun times...

Sue-My problem with buying dh tools is I can never remember what he has or doesn't have since he has a whole shop full. My mom gets him a new little gadget from Sears every year. The one he liked the best was a magnetic tray that you could put bolts and stuff in while working of the car without worrying about them getting knocked over and lost. He hates to go shopping so Christmas and his birthday is when I get him new shirts, socks, jeans and boxers. He jokes about his Christmas Levi's.

Michelle-Thanks for the pretty card!!

well I have to get motivated and get some stuff done before the kids get here!!

Sassy_Chick
12-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

We are having a HEATWAVE here! Again in the 40's!!!!!! Weird weather for December! lol.

Jules - Your dinner sounds yummy! Well all except the Aspargus, I'm not a fan, but the rest sounds good. :drool: All the gifts you picked out sounds really nice! ;) Thanks for the Bday Wishes for DH. I SO wanted to give him his gifts when we got home early this morning after work, but I didn't! He'll get them tonight and not sure if I'll make him wait until Midnight or not. (His bday is tomorrow (Monday) lol.

Where is everybody????? Enjoying their Sunday I hope! :)

TTYL!

suetalks
12-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Good evening ladies...

First, Sassy, thank you...you explained very well and I did it! Kind of a combination Christmas/Vegas theme...LOL. I hope you and DH had a great evening and hope he enjoyed his gifts. You did good! I got Mom a massager that sits on her chair and also has heat. She loves it and it loosens her back while she relaxes. She has had it for a few years now. I need to think of something else for my DH, but he is so hard to buy for. We had a heatwave here today also...48 degrees.

Jules- There is no way I could ever remember what toold DH has either. He just built a huge workshop and has lots of woodworking things. And the bad thing, he buys what he wants, so leaves little for me to even think about buying. One year I took a catalouge he had marked some things in and placed an order. He was going to order after the holidays, so was quite surprised. Otherwise I just try to listen or ASK what he needs. I also buy him clothes since he HATES to shop. I love all the gifts you bought. I am feeling robbed by giving the "grands" gift cards and money this year...and I think I will buy gifts next year. (And start early) I really have noticed good prices on jewelry and think I will buy my daughters and granddaughters some next year. WHat gal doesn't like jewelry? I will make sure to notice this year what the DGD's like to wear.

Marti- I know what you mean about men buying what they want. Mine also. But then we both do, and he can't think of things for me either. :) Good job on getting shopping done AND wrapped. Cool! I have "You on a Diet" but haven't started reading it yet. Now I am wondering if I should just leave it here until Spring.....I know I won't diet in Vegas. Most likely will gain again. UGH.

Cristina- Hugs to you chickie. Ummm..peppermint blizzard. The candy cane bark was/is good. We have only had a dusting of snow so far and hopefully we will get out of here before more comes.

Jane- Hope you had a nice week-end...I know it was busy!

I am totally packed except for make-up... but now I don't know what I will wear for 2 days. LOL Today I hemmed fabric for DH 's shop windows. Got tired of that real quickly since I had to do 8 panels.(on 3 sides each) Otherwise, I read the papers and was lazy.
Tomorrow I will wash sheets and all the laundry, which isn't much. Going to see my BFF....we'll "do lunch."
Tuesday I clean out the fridge and any perishable foods. Take Mom to get her hair done and get mine cut. Then just make cure all the last minute things are done. DH does most everything concerning the house. (heat, water, etc.)
Getting excited to get to Vegas.....

Sassy_Chick
12-11-2006, 03:07 AM
Hey Sue!

I'm glad that I explained it well! It looks good! :D Yeah DH LOVED everything and the massagers were a HUGE hit! Infact the coworker that went with me tried it out and is going to get one for his wife for Christmas! I said all you need now is one of those foot massagers that you put your feet into water? So his wife shall be very very happy! :D

I bought DH a Bday cake @ Wally World and it was Chocolate with Buttercream Icing, it was very good but very very rich! I only had a small piece myself and we shared the rest with our co workers. ;)

I hope you have a lot of fun in Vegas, which I'm sure you will! ;) I hope to someday go there myself! DH has been already and had a great time. (before we met)

Well have a Great Day!!!!!

EXTRA EXTRA :hug: :hug: :hug: for Cristina today! :hug:

Jane
12-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Happy Monday, ladies,

Mary Kate - did you get your tree up? I have to admit, I'm the one who falls asleep during movies here at the house, lol. Katie and Neal tease me about it. Neal and I are going to take the 3 oldest DGDs to see Charlotte's Web next week. I want to go during the week so the theater won't be so packed. I've heard Happy Feet is really cute.

Cristi - I'm thinking of you today, friend. :hug: I've edited and retyped this sentence several times, but there's just nothing I can say to help you get over the sadness you're feeling right now. Just know that I'm here for you, ok? :hug: About the trees, I truly think I'm going smaller next year, too. We just don't need a big tree anymore.

Marti - did you make it to Eugene yesterday? Get any good buys? If you think you might want to follow the Oz diet, let me know. I'm following it, to a certain extent, and counting calories. Well, I'm just trying to make it through the holidays right now, iykwim.

Sassy - 1 more night and you'll have a nice vacation! Did you ever hear about the 17th and 18th? Hopefully, you got it off. You got a lot of nice things for your DH's birthday. I hope he has a good day today. Neal had a good one yesterday.

Jules - mmmm, lemon chicken sounds good. I take it your son's gf loves pink, haha. All the gifts you've bought/gonna buy for everyone sound very thoughful. I think Neal would like one of those magnetic trays. I didn't even know they made such a thing!

Sue - have fun today at lunch with your bff. My sister who goes to Vegas all the time just won 10 grand on a scratch off locally. She's won big in Vegas before, too. Glad you're all packed and hope you aren't running around naked today, lol.

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

Well, Neal's birthday celebration was fun. We went out by ourselves for lunch after church, and that was nice. Then the kids and grands and I all spoiled him, of course.

I'm going grocery shopping today for the dinner for my church group friends that will be here Thursday. I'm looking forward to that. There will be 10 of us, and we don't act like church ladies, lol. I wish I could have a dinner with all of you Jaded Ladies. :hug:

Later.....

Marti
12-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Good Morning.....

I have to be in to work early today since I'm leaving early. Jhanai's band/choir recital tonight!! I wish they wouldn't have schedule me an 8hr day....I like coming in at 11:00. But I suppose it save my PTO for other time off!

:wreath:Sassy--I DID see that toaster thing, but had no idea it was a Paula Deen thing. I thought the contraption was a bit much. I didn't get James an apron like I had wanted, but I did find some nice knives for chopping! Two in a package. Silly gift isn't it?

:wreath:Jules--The gifts you bought sound great. James was having a hard time thinking of something for Jhanai, he decided to get her a gift certificate to Hot Topic's since he would have no idea what to buy her from there. I didn't even think of that!

:wreath:Sue--Just how long will you be in Vegas?? I would be excited too. My grandparents had neighbors that travel to Arizona or Mexico every winter. I believe they leave in Janauary though. Do you drive or fly to Vegas??

:wreath: Jane--We did make it to Eugene. We found a cute dog store. Caters to only dogs. No cats. We bought our pups so treats. I hope you have a great time w/the Church group. And I think it's great that you're all still acting like school girls!!

Ok...half an hour before I need to be out the door and I still have to do my hair.

Chat w/you all tomorrow.

Michelle
12-11-2006, 11:58 AM
:mrsclaus: Hi Ladies...Sorry I've been MIA for awhile! I always subscribe to the thread, and every day I kept thinking nobody was posting, but then realized I still had the other thread that has been closed for awhile.:?: Sometimes I feel like my mind goes a little crazy!:dizzy: Jane, Cristina, Jules and Sassy, you're all welcome for the cards, I don't have the other addresses, except for Mary Kate just exchanging with me.:D Our weather has warmed up so much from what we were having. It's actually supposed to get up to 55F today and heavy rains, which doesn't bother me.:p My doctor appointment went okay. The ultrasound showed that my overy looks really good and no cysts are showing. My doctor said the pain I have experienced through the year, and then the horrible pain I had last Monday, was probably cysts that had burst, and if the cyst has burst, then it won't show anything on the ultrasound. She said that if I want to have surgery and get the only ovary I have left removed, she will do that, but I will have to be on hormones afterwards. She is totally booked up, unless it's an emergency, and cannot do my surgery until February, and I said I mise well wait until March for spring break, so my DH and DD would be off. She said this would be a regular surgery meaning that she would first try and go in through laprascopically?? where she inserts the camera, but if that didn't work, she would have to cut into my abdomen, and it will still involve a 4-6 week healing process. She said I could book my appointment, and then if I decide to change my mind, I can cancel, but atleast I will have time to think about it. So that's my whole story. Sorry I'm not doing individuals, but as you can see, I'm so far behind on the posts lol!:o I hope all of you have a wonderful day!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
12-11-2006, 04:55 PM
YEY! My Mini-Vacation begins today! :carrot:

Unfortunately it started to me waking up sick. :barf: I don't think its the flu though, I think it may have either been something I ate or that I just got to coughing and well I'm sure you get the rest........

I went to check the mail today, thinking that DH would have at least a Bday card from his parents? NO Bday cards at all! :( He is going to be SO bummed! His mother did call him at 1 a.m. today when we were at work, gave us a heart attack though! We thought something was wrong with her calling that late! But she just wanted to wish him Happy Birthday. I guess at least she did that much. Its just so weird, she NEVER ever doesn't send him a bday card! He was bummed on Friday and Sat. when he didn't get any cards, so I thought, well maybe he'll get them today, but none! At least he got one from me!!!!!!!

Oh and Thanks Mary Kate for the very pretty card! :D I will be sending mine out probably tomorrow I would imagine.

Jane -- Yup today starts our mini vacation! Nope we didn't get off the 16th & 17th. We would have but our co-worker/friend's Grandmother died so he is going to be off this coming weekend as well and of course nobody wants to cover for our shifts. So we have to go back on Saturday. Our boss is going to find coverage for Friday since we requested that off a long time ago. I just wish we would have requested off Sat & Sun too back then. Oh well......Glad you had fun celebrating Neal's bday! Have fun @ your dinner!

Marti -- Yeah she actually has a toaster with her name on it and her picture is on the box! lol. Knives are a good gift, my DH wants a good set, but I'm not good at picking them out, so I won't get him knives. He can pick those out himself. ;) But I think most men like sharp shiny objects! lol

Hey Michelle -- NP hon, we understand being busy and getting behind on posts. It has been unusally warm here too. Today its 52!!!!!!!! I even turned the heat off this morning as it was HOT in here! lol. My mom had a Cyst burst and she said it was very very painful. She had a hysterectomy years ago too, but she still has her ovaries as well as she didn't want to be on the hormones either. Either way, we'll be here for ya and thinking of ya. :hug:

I hope you all have a fabulous day! As for me I feel like a let down to my DH since I am ill today, well at the very least, not feeling 100% today, so I doubt I will feel up to going out to eat @ the steakhouse tonight that we have the $100 gift card too from the car dealership for filling out the survey. So maybe tomorrow night or Wed. At least we have two extra days off this week! ;)

Well DH is up now and he asked about the mail. I had to tell him there was only Christmas Cards and bills. :( I still cannot beleive his own mother did not send him a bday card! She ALWAYS sends him one! What is wrong with her here lately???? She is certainly not acting like herself that is for sure!

Well TTYL!

LCharvon
12-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Newbie here! I'd like to introduce myself, and tell you that I have read a bunch of your posts, and think you're a great bunch of gals!!

I posted my bio, and have had a good morning, fitness-wise. That's really the goal, isn't it?..to be fit, and healthy and live the good life?

Thanks for being here...we all need support to get through the challenges that we face in getting healthy and fit!

browneyedgrl0
12-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Hello everyone -- Im new to this and wasn't sure exactly how to post my message or anything. Anyway I was just wondering ...
I have frozen yogurt everyday, I LOVE IT! It's really my fix of the day. I live on Long Island new york and have a variety of places offering sugarfree/nonfat/low carb yogurts or I visit TCBY for their nonfat/no sugar added flavors. TCBY IS AWESOME ! and actually the ingredients and calories ( i always get a kiddie which is a pretty decent size, 6oz. cup) are not bad at all. The only carbs and sugar come from the nonfat milk. What do you all think? Any nutritionists?

this is for the vanilla but all the flavors are the same ingredients
Vanilla No Sugar Added/Nonfat
Nonfat Milk, Maltodextrin, Polydextrose, Sorbitol, Live Active Yogurt Cultures, Stabilizer (Cellulose Gel, Mono and Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum and Carrageenan), Artificial Flavor, Aspartame, Annatto Color. Phenylketonurics: contains Phenylalanin

Michelle
12-11-2006, 05:48 PM
:welcome2: browneyedgrl0 & LCharvon! This group of ladies are all absolutely wonderful!!!;) :hug: :hug:

Mary Kate...Thank you so much for the pretty card, you're a sweetheart!:hug:

Sassy...I'm so sorry everyone, especially his mom, has to let him down on his one special day out of the whole year! I also have a dad that's pretty much the same way, and he even does it with his granddaughters too, and it really makes me mad!:devil: Hope you feel better soon so you and hubby can use your $100 card, WOW, what a nice little, I mean big, gift for filling out the survey! We have done many of those, but never received anything except for many phone calls to make sure we had done it!:?:

jules1216
12-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi Michelle!! Hope you are feeling better!

Browneyedgrl--Welcome!! Just start posting, this site is great filled with lots of useful info and very supportive people!!

LCharvon--Welcome to you too...just start posting!! fit, healthy and living the good life sounds pretty great to me!!

Sassy-My mom is the only one that remembers my birthday (besides hubby & the kids) ...You need to pm me with your Hubby's name and I will send him one!!!! Oh and BTW I LOVE your AVATAR!!!

Marti--I have bought many a gift from Hot Topic--DD loves Jack and Sally stuff from Nightmare Before Christmas.

Jane--yes, she likes pink just a little--she had her pink Barbie hat on yesterday, she likes Rainbow Brite too--DD was a Strawberry Shortcake girl but is not into pink. Mom does great at finding little gadgets for DH.

Sue--My kids love getting gift cards. DD likes to take her cards and cash and shop the day after Christmas sales.

Cristina--Hope everything is okay.

MaryKate--Thanks for the pretty card. There are several deer on our property. We put out a salt lick and deer corn for them.

Well, gotta go...

Sassy_Chick
12-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Hello from the Sickie! :spin:

I slept for like hours and I feel a tad bit better. DH let me sleep cuz he knew I was feeling under the weather. I told him I was so sorry that I ruined his Bday. :( But he said, "Its just a day, we can celebrate it any day, don't worry about it." :^: Isn't he great? ;)

:welcome3: to Jaded Ladies, browneyedgrl0 & LCharvon! This is a WONDERFUL, AWESOME, TERRIFIC group of caring, and fun ladies! They are like my extended family! :grouphug: Jump right in whenever you want!!! :D

Michelle -- Yeah it really surprised me that his mom forgot to send him a card this year! She ALWAYS sends him a card! Maybe she is late in sending it or plans on just giving it to him, I can hope!!!! Yeah we were totally shocked to get a $100 Gift Card to a very very nice steakhouse just for filling out the customer service survey from Nissan. But the dealership told us when we were buying our car that Nissan is very very BIG on customer service and it shows! Hub and I discussed this and said if we go to buy a 2nd car or something, it is going to be a Nissan for sure! They treated us very very well and we are 110% satisfied! ;)

Also here is another little tip for getting free stuff: look on the back of your products, there is usually always either a 1-800 # or a website to go too to let them know how you like or dislike the product, call or go to the website and let them know, either way, they will usually send you coupons, free samples, etc! Before I started working outside the home, I used to fill out online surveys and some would give cash, others would send you samples of new products to try out!!! I never "struck it rich" with them, but it was nice to have a little extra cash or some free stuff! I'll have to see if I still have the sites saved somewhere to share with you all!

Jules -- My mom & my mil and of course my hubby always remember mine, that is why I'm so confused! MIL NEVER EVER forgets to send a card! She is very very good about it and my mom usually sends him one as well! All I can say is maybe they are late in sending or something! I'm hoping! But DH was very very bummed. :( Especially since there were so many lovely Christmas Cards in the mail for me. (Thanks Everybody!!!!) :D

Well all I hope you all you all have a great night! :)

suetalks
12-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Hello everyone and Welcome to the newbies. I am sure you will like it here. Lots of super nice and friendly ladies.
Had a nice lunch and did a little shopping with BFF. Later visited with an aunt and cousin and showed off the house. :)
We got Mom's tv and got it hooked up for her...she gets to use it for a whole day. LOL. (her Christmas gift, early since we are leaving)
No time for individuals right now...but I will be online tomorrow.
However, Marti asked about our time in Vegas. We bought one way tickets so we can come back whenever..but plan to stay until the first week of April. The last two years we had to come home early, in Feb., so hope to stay longer this year.
I'm still reading Dr. Oz and hope to take You, the Diet with me. I doubt I get through the other one. But, as for actually starting his plan....don't know if that will happen while in Vegas. LOL.

Jane
12-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Hi all, with a big Welcome to LC and Browneyedgrl0.

Mary Kate - thanks for the card. It looks like a scene from around here, and is just beautiful!

Cristina - I'm still thinking of you, and know you're sad. I wish there was some way I could make it better. :hug:

Jules - I think it's cool how you can find all the retro toy products now. Both of my girls like Hello Kitty and Pretty Ponies, Cabbage Patch dolls, etc that are back (still?) on the shelves.

Marti - I'd LOVE to find a dog store. The only pet store we have around here caters to fish and birds. How'd the recital go?

Sassy - awww, I hope your DH does get a card or something from his mom tomorrow. Glad you're feeling better.

Sue - one more day, then you're off! I'm gonna save a snowball for you. Well, if we ever get any snow, that is!

Well, I'm about ready to catch some z's. Today's been a long day, and tomorrow I have to brave the crowds at Wally World. Pray for me, lol.

Have a good evening!

Sassy_Chick
12-12-2006, 05:50 AM
Morning! :coffee:

Well its official, my schedule is all screwed up, but that is okay as I don't have to be back at work until Saturday Night! :carrot:

I went back to bed around 1 a.m. and just now woke up again so oh well. lol. Not like I have to do anything major. I can always take a cat nap later on today!

I feel better, I guess sleep really does help you feel better. ;) Not still quite 100%, yet, but I think by mid day I should be okay again. I've just been keeping up with drinking lots of liquids. Haven't ate much.

Sue -- Wow in Vegas until April! Cool! I hope you get to stay all the way until April this time. ;) Have a Great Time! :D

Jane -- Yeah I hope he gets something today too........Good Luck with the crowds at Wally World! ;)

I hope everybody has a great Tuesday!

Marti
12-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Good Morning Chickadee's!

Jhanai's program was great. What a difference a year makes when it comes to band! :) I didn't have my camera w/me. James had brought it when he come to get me, but he left it in the truck. (he drove up and parked his truck while we rode together) The place was really dark except on stage so I wouldn't have been able to get a shot anyway.

I will have to make her put on her dress and I'll take pictures here at home.

A big hearty welcome to the new girls! :welcome2:

:ginger: Michelle--Glad to hear that you're looking good inside. Also that you have lots of time to think over surgery. We are definately having a wet Christmas aren't we?? I'm not sure I have your address....would you like to PM it to me??? I have a card w/your name, just no address!

:ginger: Sassy--Sleep can be a miracle worker! I hope you feel much better and that you're able to have that dinner date!

:ginger: Sue--Ahhh...flying. And here I thought you two drove! I was thinking "wow.....that'll be a long drive in this kind of weather, should they be going??" The protective mother in me!

:ginger:Jules--So that's the name of the characters! :) I haven't watched the movie yet, so I didn't have any idea. I did get Jhanai some Jack slippers and a hat from this girly store. (not sure what it's called, Claires I think) I'm afraid of the size though,,,,,hope they fit.

:ginger:Jane--Hope the crowds aren't too crazy for you at Wally world! Maybe it won't be since many people will be at work. I need to get a couple more things and stocking stuffers and I'm done. I still have to mail out my Christmas cards! I need to finish addressing them. I will be sending those out by this Friday!

:ginger: LC--Welcome to Jaded Ladies! I will have to go check out your Bio. Hope you like this area and that we get to know and hear more about you!
EDIT: I just ead your Bio....I have a 12yr old DD. What a great age isn't it?? I'm finding that this is the age where they're discovering who they are and who they want to be!! Will be fun to hear more about your DD!

:ginger:Browneye--Not a nutritionist here, but it sounds like you have a tasty treat that you're able to indulge in healthily. I like frozen yogurt, but I don't think I could eat it everyday. As for posting...you're posting just fine. Hope to hear more from you also!

Hello to everyone else out there. I Need to get my day started. Vacation starts next week for me on the 22nd. I have 6days off!! Lots of time to spend w/the family. And I really like the extra days off w/Jhanai. She's w/me every Christmas, but she goes home that night to spend it w/her dad too (only fair) so this will be good!

Chat w/you girls later!!

Jane
12-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Hiya ladies,

Sassy - glad you're feeling better.

Marti - wow, you've got some nice time off to look forward to. Hard to believe Jhanai will be a teen on her next bd.

The new ones are welcome to just jump right in. Tell us what's going on in your lives, if you want to share that.

A big hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

I went shopping early, and the crowd was beginning to get bad by the time I left. Seems like nobody works, lol, they're all at Walmart.

It's so windy here, and rainy. My umbrella turned wrong-side out going to the car as I left the store, and I didn't know it, but my silk scarf blew away! It was red, with snowmen all over it. I called Wally World when I got home and found that it was gone, but nobody turned it in. That scarf will make a nice gift for whoever finds it. But if losing it is the least of my worries, I'm a lucky woman, right?

Have a good day! :hug:

suetalks
12-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Just a pop in...I will talk to you all tomorrow from beautiful sunny Las Vegas.

Cha ching!

Sassy_Chick
12-13-2006, 03:28 AM
Good Very Early Morning! :coffee:

I am typing in Orange because it is very very WARM here! It is 2 AM (EST) and its already or still (however you want to look at it) 52 degrees!!!!!!!! I even opened a window! :sunny:

Well I found an easy recipe for PB Fudge for hubby. :chef: I may attempt to make it, hard telling how it will turn out though! lmao......

I did eat the rest of my Strawberry Cheesecake Icecream I had in the freezer. (I had 1/2 a pint left) It was all Food Networks' fault! :hyper: They had this lady who is just plain EVIL! :devil: She makes Chocolate Covered Strawberries covered in not one, but two types of chocolate and if that isn't enough, she stuffs them with CHEESECAKE! :drool: EVIL woman! :devil: So I blame it all on her! lmao. But I'm thinking about doing my WATP DVD here in a bit or at least maybe some of my back exercises. ;)

I guess the "plan" later on "today" (Wed.) is to clean the apt and I plan on rearranging some furniture too. Nothing major, just maybe switching the couch around a bit, something to add a little difference to our small apt. ;) I think we may go over and get the Christmas Stuff out of storage and maybe take a few boxes over there while we are going. I also plan on stopping by the post office and finally mailling my Christmas Cards! Yes I finally got them all stamped and ready to be sent! Well except for a few....I ran out of stamps! OOPS! lol.

I feel very very much better today. I slept and slept yesterday. Guess that is partially why I'm still up! lmao. Lets see. I was up @ about 5 a.m. roughly yesterday? Stayed up until about 9 a.m. and went back to bed, slept until about 4:30 PM. or so!!!!!!!!! :yikes: So I feel SO much better! :D :D :D Thanks for all your well wishes! Sleep is definately good when you are under the weather! ;)

Okay off to Individuals now! :write:

:candy: Hey Miss Marti! Glad you enjoyed Jhanai's program! Too bad about the camera! Ours has a special night thing where you can take pics at night time! Too cool! But please do not ask me how to do it! lmaoooooooo! (Still learning!!) Yes sleep is magical, that is about all I did Monday and 1/2 of Tuesday! I hope to enjoy most of today!!!!!

I think we decided on going out on Friday. We've been relaxing, well at least I have, since I've been sick. :p but its been kinda nice not having anywhere to go or nothing. I think our friends want to have us over one day, so that will be nice.

I hope you enjoy your 6 days off! I know I have been enjoying my time off and I'm SO happy we don't have to be back until Saturday Evening! :carrot: I would imagine that this weekend would be a bit busier for me @ work since its getting close to the holidays and most people are taking off, they will want their stuff taken care of before they leave. That is usually how it works anyways, so we'll see. ;)

:hohoho: Hi Miss Jane! Glad you got to Wally World before the crowd! I love going to
Wally World right after we get off of work @ 4:00 AM! It is the PERFECT time to go! Nobody there except the employees and maybe one or two "oddballs" like Hubby and myself! lol. Sorry to hear about your Scarf! It sounded really really pretty! I absoluetly adore snowmen. ;)

:coolsnow: Hey Miss "Viva Las Vegas" or as we all know her -- Sue! lol. I hope you have fun hon in Vegas! :D Get a tan for me, K? :beach: But wear plenty of sunscreen though! :cool: Hey can I ask U a favor?? If its not too much to ask for? Whenever you get some time, would you mind sending me a postcard from Vegas? I love postcards (I kinda collect them). I would surely appreciate it and would gladly send you one when and IF I ever get to go anywhere! lmao! I "owe" Miss Jane one too as she was a sweetie and sent me one from Chicago! :) Maybe next year we will get to go somewhere. I know some time DH and I plan on going to Scotland, but not sure when that will be!

:tree: Miss Cristina I hope you are doing okay! I know Josh left and I'm sure its very tough. My heart and thoughts are with ya! :hug:

Okay I am rambling away here!!!!!!!! :blah:

Hi to you all out there in "lurkdom land!" :wave: I hope you all are doing well!

Here is some :dust: and lots of :hug: for anybody who may need them today!

Sassy_Chick
12-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Hey Ladies!

Where is everybody???? Sleeping already?????? Watching TV? Dancing? Making out with Orlando Bloom? What? lmao.

Well Early this morning I made PB Fudge for hubby, which turned out "eh". I only had a teeny tiny piece to taste that was it. :angel:

Been cleaning and doing laundry. We moved some furniture around a little in the living room, looks better, I think at least, I asked hub what he thought, he was like, "I can live with it." Lol. Don't you just love men? lmao.

Our plan is to buy each other recliners for Christmas and get rid of the crapola furniture. lol. But we'll see what kind of deals we can find. ;)

Our friends called we are going over their house for dinner on Friday and so I can finally see their new house they just bought and moved into. They are already unpacked and everything and they just moved in about a week or two ago AND they have 5 children! :fr: It usually takes me FOREVER to unpack! So I guess whenever we buy a house and move, I'm hiring our friends to come over and unpack for me! lmaoooooooo!

I'm SO SO happy that we are off the next two days too and do NOT have to go back to work until Saturday!!!!!! :carrot:

Oh no Bday cards for DH. But his mother did manage to send us a Christmas Card! I do not understand that woman! lol.

Well I hope you all are having a great night whatever your doing and whomever you are doing it with!! :lol3:

Michelle
12-13-2006, 10:36 PM
SASSY...You crack me up, you are just so funny!:yes: :lol: :lol3: :rofl: :cheers:

Sassy_Chick
12-13-2006, 10:41 PM
LOL. AH-HA! So you WERE making out with Orlando!!!!!!!!!! Or was it Johnny Depp? ARRRRRR Matey! lmao........We really need a Pirate Smiley! lol.

Michelle
12-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Oh no, you caught me!:s: :love: :stress:

suetalks
12-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Hello, hello, hello from sunny Las Vegas. We had a nice flight, tho it is always tiring for me when we change time zones. SO here I am at 9 p.m. which is midnight at home...so why am I not in bed? Yikes.
Got the house all in order and made a grocery list for tomorrow, It will be in the mid 60's again. Yay...I am so wanting to walk.
I will BB tomorrow....off to ZZZland.

Sassy_Chick
12-14-2006, 01:08 AM
AHA! I knew it! lol.

Hey Sue! Have fun in Vegas!!!!! :sunny:

Marti
12-14-2006, 02:42 AM
We've hit 52 posts!!

Let's head on over to 224, see ya there!