Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:52 AM   #1  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Default You On a Diet?

Is anyone else reading (or already read) You On a Diet? I have read a hundred diet books, and this one is pretty interesting and different in it's approach. I'm halfway through and so far it's about how our bodies work and the effects of fat and bad food on us, plus tips on things to eat that are best for your body nutritionally-speaking. Anyhoo, it's a very easy read and I'm learning a lot when I thought I knew just about everything about the subject! I got both the book and the exercise DVD for less than $20 at a huge online bookseller .

Based on the author's recommendation, it sounds like I ought to try to learn to like walnuts...
Old 12-05-2006, 08:30 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

No I haven't read the book. Do you really think that it's worthwhile, cause if you do I'd give it a try. And I'm real curious to know what kind of exercise the DVD contains - let us know.

I do believe there is a "You on a Diet" thread over in the Diet Plans forum, you might wanna check that out.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/251/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm reading the book right now. It is kind of interesting..... and I too have read every diet book out there. I really like the fact that it talks about the biology of the body, and takes that approach to weight loss.

My goal is to finish reading the book and start the diet after Christmas. Any interest in trying it together?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:57 AM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
No I haven't read the book. Do you really think that it's worthwhile, cause if you do I'd give it a try. And I'm real curious to know what kind of exercise the DVD contains - let us know.

I do think it's worthwhile if just for the information about why we crave, what happens to what we eat, etc. I haven't cracked the DVD open yet, but I'll let you know.

Nalynn, when I get to the diet part I'll let you know if I'm up for it! I don't tend to do as well with following a prescribed plan (I fall into that "all or nothing mindset" where straying, even without hurting my efforts, makes me feel like I'm not being perfect leading to feelings of failure. Dumb, but true.) If nothing else, it's got some great simple steps: walking 30 minutes every day no matter what, eating from the Mediterranean food realm, staying away from refined foods, high fructose corn syrup, etc. I can do that stuff!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:14 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well now that you recommended it I will definitely pick it up, perhaps this weekend. As far as a set plan goes - that's why I like calorie counting, naturally I ususually choose the "right" calories, but every now and then I choose something, ummm I guess not so right. If I leave room in my day I can wiggle some un-right foods in there. I had pizza the other night, stayed within my calories, I had a piece of chocolate cream pie the other night, stayed within my calories and I had baked ziti the other night and stayed within my calories. But if you say it's got useful stuff I will for sure, for sure get it. I can use ALL the help I can get.
Closed Thread