Support Groups - More Cowbell!

View Full Version : More Cowbell!

Schatzi
12-04-2006, 09:19 PM
I dispensed with a more traditional holidayish thread name... in favor for one of the BEST SNL skits EVER

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/videos/snl-more-cowbell.html

Unfortunately since utube is now corporate owned, NBC has taken the skit off the site...I don't know how long this one will be around...
:candy: :clause: :stardav: :rudolph: :wreath: :xcheer: :elf: :shocksn:

Cowpernia
12-05-2006, 03:18 AM
It's taking forever to load on my coal-burning puter. Does it start with Blue Oyster Cult? Should I wait? Maybe I'll do it on the weekend. Whaddaya think? Why am I awake? How can I trim kitty's nails? This is kitty who ripped my vein open. Jumpy kitty. Cold here. Water running all night. Sleepy. Not sleeping. Why is Santa bigger than other old elves. "Right jolly old elf. I laughed when I saw him in spite of myself." Why so bigger? Explalin. I am so sleepy. Have I been hypnotized? Have you ever made butter?

Schatzi
12-05-2006, 01:04 PM
PeachElf` ooooh yes, the download is worth it -even if you have to hand crank it. I just hope it's decent enough quality.
Skip clipping kittys claws- knit her darling little booties. Kitten Mittens.. yes,!!! perhaps they will catch on and you will become a wealthy knitting maven!
Santa was the biggest elf and he bullied he's way to the top of elfdom, now all the little elf gansta's gotta do the old mans biding.

are you napping?

Cowpernia
12-05-2006, 09:32 PM
shots .. you have to go back to the old thead and leave a message that you started a new thread. How will people know to come here? You have broken a rule.

PainterWoman
12-06-2006, 03:20 AM
I found you all!
This isn't MY cat, but I thought he/she was appropriately festive.

Kiwonk
12-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Unfortunately since utube is now corporate owned, NBC has taken the skit off the site...That makes me :mad: I wondered why the big media would want to own that, I should have realized they only wanted to censor it. :snowball1

But, ah, Shvetty Balls, how Christmasy!

Why is Santa bigger than other old elves. "Right jolly old elf. I laughed when I saw him in spite of myself." Why so bigger? Explalin. I am so sleepy. Have I been hypnotized? Have you ever made butter?Santa just ate more. Elves get bigger as they get older. Santa has to harvest them at a certain age and send them to shopping centers to ring bells. And Yes. And Yes.

Jet and I had our last flyball class last night. She did rather well, although they didn't let her get the tennis ball yet (I can't blame them, she is so wild and hard to control I'm sure they don't think she can handle it). But she successfully ran up the hurdles (http://www.dogfriendly.demon.co.uk/flyball/flyball1.jpg) and did her swimmer's turn on the box (http://www.flyballdogs.com/buc_box.jpg) several times. Only catch was I had to run with her because she wouldn't go away from me or towards anyone else. :rolleyes: Little mama's girl. (Obviously those pics are not of Jet, in case anyone was wondering) So it was rather exhausting when combined with the effort to keep her from bursting uncontrollably toward the automatic doors :eek: when she was supposed to be quietly watching the dogs do their thing. At one point she was barking loudly at the dog doing his jumps, so I went to walk her around the store (this is in a pet store) and she sat down and wouldn't move! Someone asked me if she was part donkey...I couldn't argue with her (http://www.sanjuan.k12.ut.us/SpEd/gif/donkey.gif). :lol:

OT is fun. Not helping, but it's interesting.

I miss Wabbit. Hope she is doing okay.

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-06-2006, 02:12 PM
we miss wabbit---i hope she can stop by sometime soon -----we love her so much.......

Cowpernia
12-06-2006, 06:47 PM
That doggie stuff looks like fun ..... but a spectator sport. Is Kiwi doing the swimmer's turn? Is Kiwi jumping hurdles? Or is Kiwi standing with arms crossed and making plans to pick up pizza on the way home?????

We made reindeer cookies at school. One kid said they were Mickey Mouse. One said she has cookies at home and didn't to make any. (brat) Two didn't get the whole concept and tried to cover Dasher's face with this antlers. But they were proud of the finished product and so was I.

Ditto on the Wabby thoughts.

Bagzz
12-06-2006, 10:07 PM
i want some reindeer cookies----kiwonkers,you should get jette some of those antlers that they have attached to a headband and take her Christmas picture---the pet store here has a Santa that people are taking their pets to for photos!!!!! funny!!

Cowpernia
12-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I want to see Kiwi and Jet in matching handbands. Kiwi will not have to leap over hurdles if I can see this.

I have an observation about Tony Soprano. In the many scenes where he's having sex with the many women, he's flabby and listless and he lies there while the thin women in high heels service him in all those ways the show makes us aware of. But ... when Tony loses his temper with any man, Tony easily throws him into the wall and beats him up in any way he chooses at the moment. Does this makes sense? Does Tony work out? They don't show that.

Anyway, I'm here to batch. This is my batch. I have learned that a couple of people to whom I've given hand knitted socks, do not look upon these socks as real articles of clothing to wear in public. They call them their "sleep socks." They are "warm and fuzzy." People tell me not to be offended by this but I am. It's like I'm not being taken seriously. These are REAL SOCKS and Bagz and Sugar better stick their feet in them, cover them with shoes and go outside !!!!!

Bagzz
12-07-2006, 09:48 AM
i have FLEECE for my sleep sox----these cowpernsox are most definitely for hanging out in snowdrifts--------------if i could just resize my pics and send you one---but i have to go to work---maybe i will figure it out over the holidays when my brother comes home for a visit---he moved to Ottawa and i miss him.:o :dizzy:

Kiwonk
12-07-2006, 10:31 AM
I would treat your socks with the respect they deserve, despite the disparaging remarks about my choice of dog sports. Ahem, I wish I could have stood there and pointed to the hurdles and told Jet to go over them. Au contraire, mon frere, I can still feel it in my thighs all the running back and forth. However, my hope is still to get to the point where flyball would be a spectator and my job would be to hand out cookies at the end.

Must go; I'm driving to Boston to go to DD's dance class open house. Exhaustion awaits tomorrow.

tata
Kiwi

SugP
12-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Reindeer cookies! I want some. It used to drive me mad when my kids put three eyes on the gingerbread men but I held my tongue.

I SWEAR I've been wearing my lovely socks inside my shoes when I go walking outside. I love my socks. Pictures soon!

I am so glad I finally got to see that more cowbell thing. The things you miss when you move away from civilization.

Had to go to an afternoon coffee thing today put on by the teacher who organizes the library volunteers. It was in her fancy basement There was tea and coffee and tons of cake. And sherry and champagne. I had a teeny tiny bit of sherry, everyone else made up for it. Then they all went home to make dinner for their families in a drunken state. Tsk.

I miss Wabby too. :hug:

Cowpernia
12-07-2006, 06:53 PM
what happened to shots? After she started this thread and I scolded her, she dishappeared (that's how the kids talk). Was I too harsh? Shots you can go play now> Timeout is over.

Thank you both for wearing the socks. Here's another batch: I posted this batch on the sock knitters list and some people understood and agreed but the rest actually JUDGED ME as a person who does not give freely. One said my recipients did not wear their socks between the prescribed hours. Nasty people. I am counting to 10 or something before answering if I do. Big Stupid Bald Heads (also how the kids talk).

I saw most of the cowbell thing. After he says, "Can I say one thing .." what happens? Does he announce the show?

hoodj0080
12-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Heh, I love that skit. But then, I just think Will Ferrell is funny funny stuff....

Schatzi
12-08-2006, 07:59 AM
I'm here Cowpeach... sockless.

Flyball is a purrrfect sport for Jet.. run that energy right out of him! :hyper:

Your kids sound cute cow! I bet you leave yer job smilin most days!

Sug-3 eyed gingermen, :lol:

Painty: the cat in the mistetoe is so aprapo! And again loving the avatar as I do Bagzzzz

I've been fighting a cold and losing. My xmas village looks like a Ghost town as I have all these unlit buildings no people, no trees. Must get moootivated!
I miss our Wabbit

Bagzz
12-08-2006, 08:43 PM
i can't imagine when wabby would ever want to post here again,but i hope she knows how much we love and miss her. it really is lonely here without her . the snow started again today and ruined my SALES!!!! friday is usually one of my best days of the week----that makes me MAD!!!!!----hopefully it will be okay tomorrow cause if i don't have a good Christmas Season,i will feel like quitting-----january until tourist season is SOOOOOOOOOOOOo depressing !!! my house is not decorated and i have no presents bought----CRAP!!!

Cherry Cow
12-08-2006, 08:52 PM
I hope Wabby is able to lurk here and see how much we care and miss her...

I haven't decorated this year yet either. It's been very scaled back since I started grad school. The only thing out right now is the candle pyramid, which we never put away last year.

I have had only one meal this week, and lots of coffee, and I have gained weight!!! How does that happen? It's not deliberate... just no time to eat and no interest.

Kiwonk
12-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi Kids! I'm Christmas shopping. It's taking me days and days just to get started. Also it hurts and not just in the pocketbook. I don't know how anyone lives with chronic pain. If I didn't think this was going to clear up one of these days/weeks, they would have to lock me up in a rubber room.

We had such a good time in Boston Thursday night, did I tell you? No, probably not, but I'm not sure what I have done and what I haven't the past few days. Oh right, I posted before I left. Here, I'll just copy what I wrote my mom after I got home:
Just got up after driving all night, literally. I drove down to Tufts to see (DD) in her dance class's Open House. I stopped in Portland to pick up (DDbf), and he drove that stretch of the trip (we took his car and left mine at his school; his is better on gas anyway).

We had such a nice time, took (DD) out to a nearby Japanese sushi restaurant before the class. She had been real sick the night before, a high fever -- so I wasn't sure if she'd be up for all this, but she was feeling much better.

The class was fascinating. There were about a dozen girls, all with these jingly bells wrapped around their ankles -- hundreds of bells! Their teacher explained what they have been working on in class and several of the girls (including DD ) introduced the different dances or exercises to explain their origin or how it was done. It was great! And the dancing was quite beautiful and fun, with all the jingling they could do with their feet in addition to spins and hand movements and some chants. (DD) was lovely of course! Dancing always makes her feel good, so she actually felt better afterwards than before the class.

After, she and (DDbf) and I sat around in her dorm for a little while and then headed back north. Unfortunately it started snowing when we hit Maine, and the section I had to drive by myself from Portland home was just awful. It didn't seem that bad until I'd gotten into it a while and you couldn't see anything and the road started to get a little covered. I went from driving 55 to 45 to 40........I kept debating stopping, but I wasn't really tired, so I figured I'd drive and maybe it would stop at some point. It never stopped! It took me until 6:30 this morning to get home. Blah, blah and double blah.

That's all the news that's fit to print. Do I have all of your mailing addresses? Don't get the idea that I am sending you anything, but you know :shrug: just in case...

Later gators
Kiwi

Bagzz
12-09-2006, 07:14 PM
how WONDERFUL !!! of you kiwonk to drive all that way to see your baby---you are my hero----she must adore you!!! xoxoxo sounds like a great trip except for the damn snow!!

Schatzi
12-09-2006, 07:24 PM
I adore the adventures of Kiwi and her offspring .Kiwi you must be on cloud nine with the goings on of DDs recitals and ---DBF is just a dreamboat !
:cloud9: (Flashing back to Sandra Dee- on the beach in pigtails Oy! WHAT THE **** was THAT !!! I''m too young to even have heard the term dreamboat! CURSE TMC and AMC!!!)

Schatzi
12-09-2006, 07:26 PM
If you haven't yet -- go visit Sugs blog... there's a recording of our little German Schnitzel..Her voice is hypnotizing, lilting and just musicial.. !

Schatzi
12-09-2006, 08:34 PM
For some of you the thought of a "EVERYTHING FOR A DOLLAR " store may be a bizarre concept, but here in North Carolina- no strip mall, no supercenter, no town is complete without a "dollar store". Tsk Tsk, no :snooty: These stores sell things that are fairly the same as you would purchase in a higher end store - like, er, Kmart, Walmart for Much Much More!!

For the last 3 years I've sent Xmas cards--WHY? I have no idea, since in all my life I was the person you could count on to Never get one.. Soooos anyway, I go to the Dollar Store and get a box of 15 for YES a DOLLAR!! :woohoo:

I get out my fancy calligraphy pen and write well wishes which bleed through the back .

I stuff the card into the envelope..and the card DOES NOT FIT!!!!. I attempt all different ways to stuff and nonono - it crimples - it buckles - and dents..It does not FIT (freekin dollar store :tantrum:)
DH is amused. Mr. engineer figgures out that if I stuff the card backwards, and crease first- the card will fit. I try to follow the rules, but this hurts my brain.

I dislike him for this finding.

So:
You may get a card, handle it with care as it is cheap and has gone through the postal system.

You may not get a card, as it is cheap and went through the postal system .

Schatzi
12-09-2006, 11:23 PM
I've posted 3 times in the last 3 hours and edited countless of times to get my fonts right... Can you tell I'm bored :yawn:

Kiwonk
12-10-2006, 02:42 AM
You're cracking me up, Schatzi. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how on earth you get a card to fit into an envelope that's too small. Is it anything like sitting on a suitcase to make it latch?

Yes, Bagz, it was great. What a cool dance class that was. I'm jealous!

DDbf is indeed a real sweetheart. He and DD deserve each other. You know, in a good way.

I have spent the entire day on the puter, except for when I was cooking fattening food for dinner. I needed meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I ate it and I'm glad. Except for when I get back on the puter and happen to see photos of myself. Then I'm mad. Yuk. You should see the horrible video DH took the other week of me and Jet at the flyball class. It's not ever going into cyberspace, sorry folks. Too horrible. Jet looks wild and cute of course.

Nightynight
kiwi

Cowpernia
12-10-2006, 03:17 PM
I could listen to that voice all day and all night. Sugar should record bedtime stories for us. Such a sweet musical voice. I wonder if the Sugarboys sound like that. Bagz doesn't. I think Bagz is heavier on the a-boot. Didn't Sugar call that the "b" word? Doesn't it begin with "a"? Did I get confused?

Cowpernia
12-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I have Christmas shopped and if it's delivered by the mailman, FedX man, UPS man (or woman) in a timely manner, I'll be in good shape.

I found these cute, unusual pens and decided to buy ds and lcp three each. They were different prices and the total was something like $12. With shipping, the total was $44. Eek. This was through Amazon and Amazon's email said I had to contact the seller directly to make changes, only had 30 minutes to do it, and they provided to email address for him. So I hunted him down on ebay, pretended I was interested in something he was selling there, left him a message about it that really explained I needed to cancel the Amazon order. Amazon doesn't do these things lickety split but he finally got the order, I got billed and he refunded. It was a LOT of WORK. I looked at all the shipping prices but somehow missed that one.

I liked these (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000K8T724/002-7489780-4520000)a lot.

Cowpernia
12-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Also, I want to point out to Shotsy that I know Dollar Stores and a bottle of Clorox costs ONE DOLLAR there whereas at WalMart it's NINETY NINE CENTS. Shop carefully.

Also, Walmart cards (and NO .. Kiwi .. I swear I do not shop there unless there is no alternative) will probably come with envelopes that fit.

What does "flame" mean as in email flaming?

Bagzz
12-11-2006, 06:52 AM
i make my own cards and slice and dice them to fit------------WHAT DO YOU MEAN I SAY ABOOOOT-=-----I SAY A ---BOUT!!!!!----LIKE THE WORD "OUT"---WHERE THE **** DID THIS ABOOT NONSENSE COME FROM====== i heard sugar's voice and it's as beautiful as everyone has noted-----also, i think "canadians" talk like the people on TV---what kind of accent is that---a HOLLYWOOD accent???? i am going to find that program talk all abOUT myself!!!

Kiwonk
12-11-2006, 04:37 PM
What does "flame" mean as in email flaming?Here is a flame:
Those are the ugliest boots I've ever seen. Are you crazy?Of course I would never talk like that. Those look very warm.

I have wasted so much time online lately, it's disgusting. I'm astonished at how long it's taking me to do anything. I ordered personallized postage stamps for a bunch of people; that was fun. Zazzle.com -- at least that website worked right and was fun to use. Amazon and tracfone; they were not fun.

I need a shower. bye

Kiwi

Schatzi
12-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I don't know what I did before the internet.. I love to shop on line... you can find anything...like my gfren collects camels..Where do you find camels in a mall I ask! but enter Camel in the Google, and Viola! Camels for the taking! What a neat gift idear Kiwi.!!!!
whats this axcent hollaballo aboot eh?

Cowpernia
12-11-2006, 09:05 PM
I have heard someone say ABOOT. Maybe it was Kiwi. I will drop the aboot discussion and instead want to talk about Bagz's pronuncation of ****. Do you say Hay-ull like a Southerner? Or does it rhyme with Al? Or what?

I have learned 2 things from the kids:
1. You fall in love with them just like with a man. One minute they're of no interest then ZAP they are perfect children and you stand puzzled when someone corrects them for something.
2. These kids have so much to overcome. The most beautiful girl there, age 3, wets her clothes maybe 3 times a day. Her face is smooth and her eyes and smile are dazzling. She's small and dainty and quiet. A few days ago, she started sleeping through nap without wetting herself and the teacher rewarded her with big stickers which made her proud. Then she started pooping in her pants. Twice, this has happened. The wet clothes are washed at school by the teacher but the teacher said she was sending the poopy clothes "home to your mama."

The little girl raised her tiny voice and said, "My mama's gone."

"Gone where?"

"On the bus. She's gone on the bus. She's gone to Colorado." No wonder she's having troubles.

Cowpernia
12-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Did Kiwi get someone a camel? I am lost again.

Kiwonk
12-11-2006, 09:59 PM
PEACHES! You just made me cry! I think you should buy me a camel for that.

That is the saddest thing I have heard in a long time. If my Mommy drove away to Colorado without me I would poop my pants too. Actually my Mommy went away to Idaho when I was 4, but I went with her. Me and my brother. We lived in Idaho for 6 weeks in a little cabin in Sun Valley with a mountain right outside (well, probably a hill; I was only 4). She taught my brother to read because he was missing first grade and I learned to read at the same time. And she went out on dates a couple of times with a very handsome guy. Then my grandparents came to pick us up and we all drove to San Francisco and I sat in the backseat with my Nana and she sang this song to me: "See the Moon, Baby". Then we went on a trolley car and then we went home to Massachusetts. And after that my daddy brought us presents every time we saw him.

We should write a book: Sad Tales of Childhood

I'm still shopping. It takes too long. But I agree with Schatzi. One year we decided to buy an Australian present for our Australian emigre friend, and all we had to do was search for it online and hey! presto we found a place that sold Aussie stuff here in the U.S. Perhaps they sell camels too.

One thing I couldn't find was a gift certificate to a particular restaurant for my nephew. Still looking.

I have been out at a music boosters meeting tonight. The high school is hosting the state jazz festival this year in March and it is quite a big deal, so I am involved in the planning. I volunteered to be in charge of signs. Won't that be dandy? :dunno:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Happy Tales of Childhood:

1. Little boy who kept pulling up my shirtsleeves and asking, "Do you have any cartoons?" (tattoos)

2. Little misbehaving girl who was told she couldn't make cookies with us if she didn't clean up the mess she'd made. Her reply, "I've got cookies at home."

3. Whole series of kids who do not cooperate when I get onto them, yet later in the day hang all over me saying, "Do you know my name?" "I like your shoes," "Can I sit next to you?"

Kiwi, why aren't you done? Have I forgotten something? You'll making me uneasy. Stop shoppping. Should I buy DS and LCP postage stamps with my picture on them?

You're still doing high school stuff. That is so wonderful. If I'd learned anythint while DS was in school, I'd still do it, too. What kind of signs? Get them online.

Bagzz
12-11-2006, 10:21 PM
i had to order the Calgary Flames hockey calendar on line cause all they have arooond here are Leafs and Habs--------------i may order "a moveable feast" by hemmingway for dd who is heading to paris for new years--------------peachers made me cry AND laugh,kiwi made me laugh---hey ki-------------i still help out with the highschool musicals too!

Kiwonk
12-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Those little kids are a trip.

I don't think you should give the kids postage with your face on it. They will make faces at you.

I have to say I enjoyed working with the music kids. It's not the same without DD and her friends there, but the kids are terrific anyway and it's well worth it. I don't think I can get these signs online... they have to say things like: "Group Pictures will be taken in the Band Room" and "No one allowed into or out of the Auditorium during Performances" and "Spit Valves for sale in Room 107"

Or something like that. I think I will be making these. Or enlisting enthusiastic teenagers to make them for me (I wonder which would be more worK?) :lol:

Kiwi

SugP
12-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Actually, it's quite horrifying to hear ones own voice. And me 'n' Bagzie speak the Queen's English, or at least the CBC English, right Bagz? I think there's something called General American that the newscasters use. Something kind of Midwest and accentless.

That little girl story made me cry too. I want her mom to come back. :( Ds10 started doing that all of a sudden when he was three and we never found out why. I suspect something was going on at kindergarten and he felt stressed but the teachers said everything was Just Fine. He told me kids used to look over the doors in the bathrooms and no one could just sit there in peace and I suspect that was it. It didn't go on for that long but we had to take him to the doctor and get things sorted out. Yes, those kids can totally steal your heart.

Speaking of the dollar store. When we were on vacation I bought two turkey basters at said store because they don't have 'em here, preferring to burn themselves while basting with a large spoon. So we get back and I'm basting away and the rubber bulby thing on the first baster just splits right down the middle, rendering the baster totally useless. No worries, I had another one, right? Well...the other day I was basting somethin' and it happened AGAIN to the second (cheap dollar store) baster! So here I sit, basterless. Stupid dollar store. That'll teach me. I've wrestled my share of too big cards into too small envelopes. Not very relaxing.

We now have "everything for a Euro" stores. Same crap, different currency.

Oh yeah, and Amazon - we ordered a camera once and the sent us two and billed us for two. Got a refund but it took a while. Yesterday I tried to order a used CD from the Marketplace thingie and they informed me that the seller couldn't receive payments through Amazon Payments (which is how it works here). Huh? That's the only way to pay at the Marketplace. What's with that? I e mailed the seller who of course hasn't answered back. Guess he doesn't want to sell his stuff.

Have I written any cards this year? Nooooo. Have I decorated much? Nooooo. Will I bake cookies today? Possibly.

Cowpernia
12-12-2006, 07:40 AM
Hallelujah!!!

I am listening to the sound of cat litter being shuffled around. This is WONDERFUL because two days ago, I moved the cat box out of the room meant for the new day bed and into the room with the washer. Last night, it was still fresh and I worried that he'd never use it there and was holding it all in to poop on the carpet. So I am relieved.

I agree about hearing my own voice, Sugar. Yours is wonderful.

Those telemarketer people tend to be in Iowa and Nebraska because when they call you they won't have an accent. So I've thought that's what tv new people like Peter Jennings speak. He was very cute, I thought.

Cowpernia
12-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Kiwi, alllllll the stuff I ordered shows an expected delivery of Dec. 26. They're kidding, right?

Kiwonk
12-12-2006, 12:23 PM
So here I sit, basterless. Stupid dollar store. That'll teach me. Yeah, can't expect much for performance from the dollar store. Some things they can't screw up. Doritos. Laundry detergent.Oh yeah, and Amazon....Guess he doesn't want to sell his stuff.I just had the same thing -- ordered a CD, got a reply from the guy saying thanks for your order etc., the next day I get an email saying they don't actually have that CD and of course we'll refund your money (well, yeah, you think?) I tend to think eBay is better for dealing with unknown dealers and private sellers because the feedback is much tougher. On Amazon you can give a person 1-5 stars, so it's hard to reject someone just because a few people gave them 4s or 3s, but on eBay you can only give Positive, Neutral, or Negative. Much easier to sort out the problem sellers. I'm going back onto Amazon and rate this guy. They have no business advertising things for sale that they don't have; I don't have time for that nonsense.
So I am relieved.And I'm sure, so is he. :dizzy: Oh, and thank you for sharing. :lol3:
Those telemarketer people tend to be in Iowa and Nebraska because when they call you they won't have an accent. So I've thought that's what tv new people like Peter Jennings speak. He was very cute, I thought.And yet, Canadian!!! Yes, he was. :yes:
Kiwi, alllllll the stuff I ordered shows an expected delivery of Dec. 26. They're kidding, right?Oo, that's a tough one. I don't ever complete an order unless I'm positive it's saying that it will ship before my deadline. Unfortunately some places don't make it clear. Did they give any tracking number? Is it for someone local, so if it shows up on the Saturday before Christmas, you'll be allright? They might be just trying not to guarantee anything, I don't know.

I am learning how to quickly cut and paste without using the mouse. Still having trouble with it, but this new rollerball mouse thing is ambidexterous so when my elbow starts to hurt I can switch it to my left hand. Someday I expect to be up to speed (literally) with it. Probably the same day my elbow stops hurting and I can go back to a regular mouse....

It is a beautiful day here is Kiwiland. Although beastly cold. Took Jet out for another dog walk today with her pals; it must have been in the 20s. Chilly chilly.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-12-2006, 12:28 PM
By the way, speaking of shipping and delivery, I am so happy with this Zazzle thing. I hope the end product is as good as the service. I ordered these stamps on Sunday, and I got an email today (with a time-stamp of 4:20 am) saying they have shipped them already. They originally said to allow 2-3 days for processing of the stamps, so this is excellent! Maybe you should get some of these, Peachie!

By the way, I also ordered some cozy slippers for myself and DD (Acorns, Bagz!) from Sierra Trading Post, which lists their address as 5025 Campstool Road, Cheyenne, Wyoming. Does that evoke an image, or what? :lol:

Schatzi
12-12-2006, 03:45 PM
This years crafts can be seen here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1495670&postcount=1

SugP
12-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Schatziiiiii!!! Yer an artiste! :carrot: So so SO crafty.

Cowpernia
12-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Wow. Shots does stuff. So ... why ... doesn't Shots have a blog?

What picture should I put on the stamps?

Santa came today. The kids are so wonderful as they really believe. One trembled. They all got nice gifts, baby dolls, trucks and such. I didn't get anything but I've been bad so I understand.

Kiwonk
12-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Aww, Peaches didn't get a dolly? Maybe Santa will bring you something later. I'm glad all your little charges got presents. Warms the cockles.

I went out to the local Philharmonic society's annual Christmas concert and tea this evening. It was lovely. Afterward, at the tea, I got to hang with DD's ex-h.s. band teacher who is a member and played the flute. She actually flagged me down and begged me to save her a seat. She's about half my age of course, but she is a very fun person and it's nice not to have to relate to her as the parent of one of her students any more. There seemed to be a lot of people at this shindig who knew me whose names I couldn't remember. I need better memory skillz.

Schatzi's got wicked crafting skillz. :drool: Nice stuff!!! :present:

I was going to share my stamp picture ideas, but I got sidetracked by shiny things.....
I can't stop looking at this stuff. (http://www.pluspsp.org/p/challenges/chall218/) It's a computer graphics challenge and some of these are gorgeous! All original artwork made on Paint Shop Pro or other graphics programs.

So yeah, stamps. If you want I can send you the url for my stamps to give you ideas, Peachie. Not on here, in email. I would recommend pics of pets or kids, pretty pics of your house or the views in your town or something cute or pretty that relates to you or the person you're giving them to. I did one of DDbf playing the piano, for his mom. He may not be thrilled to find himself on a stamp, but he can't get mad at me, I'm his gf's mom. Some others of people's kids, one of someone's dogs, and one of a really beautiful picture of the mountain here.

Later gators. I'm starving. I ate no breakfast today, ate lunch at 4:00 PM and have only had coffee and "tea cakes" since then.

And I smell dog poo. :chin:

Kiwi

Schatzi
12-13-2006, 09:00 AM
I was stumped with the stamp thingie too Peachy but Kiwi done figgured it all out! What great idears there kiwonk!
Those paintshop shiny things are purty! I bet our Painty would blow them away with her paintshopping techniques.
To me it sounds like Cowie has the bestest job in the world!

SugP
12-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Off topic: I keep closing my eyes real tight and waving my magic wand but my kitchen isn't getting any cleaner. What am I doing wrong?

Schatzi
12-13-2006, 10:55 AM
We have topics? :lol3:

Kiwonk
12-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Off topic: I keep closing my eyes real tight and waving my magic wand but my kitchen isn't getting any cleaner. What am I doing wrong?Opening your eyes.

Remember when housecleaning was our topic? Thank goodness we don't have to do that anymore. :lol:

I am a hormonal freak. A little while ago I was getting ready to tell DH this cute story about what the dog just did outside, and then Jet jumped on him and caught him in the face with her paw and he smacked her and I got mad at him, and now I'm horribly depressed and weepy. Within the space of minutes. Interestingly (well, to me), yesterday while I was at OT, the OT guy was going to put a big heavy hot pack on my arm while doing some treatment and asked me if I get hot flashes because sometimes the extra heat can trigger one. It didn't, but it got me thinking about cause and effect. If you're in a sensitive state, and apparently this vile perimenopause or is it premenopause is to say the least a sensitive state, you can expect some extreme reactions.

Well, take care kiddies. Be good.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Speaking of crying ... you can stop. I told the center director today about the little beauty and her mama running off to Colorado. Center director said, "I saw her mama yesterday. I saw her grandma walking and gave her a ride home. She was lying."

Take it easy, Kiwi. Let doggies, dhs and all that just roll off.

Cowpernia
12-14-2006, 09:42 PM
No posted for over 24 hours. Remember when I used to get Thursdays off and no one would post? You were all so mean then.

This local cop got busted by Dateline when they did one of those internet-scam-things where they pretend to be a kid and lure perverts and arrest them. So the cop got arrested. Isn't that just weird?

Kiwonk
12-15-2006, 01:29 AM
That's gross. Can't trust anyone, can you? You really would think a cop would know enough not to fall for a trap, though. Did he claim that he was doing "detective" work?

I must be a flaming liberal; I can think of all kinds of reasons why the guy might be innocent.

:flame: :flame:

Oy, I need a vacation.

Hey, I'm in luck, vacation is coming up in 4 days! I only have to wrap presents, mail packages, do laundry, pack suitcases, deliver stuff, clean the house, wash the car, make up maps and directions, make reservations, bake something for inlaw dinner, go to inlaw dinner, do some more shopping, think of something for hard to buy for dh. Ohmygod I'm exhausted.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-15-2006, 01:39 AM
I got an email saying that some guy on reunion.com was "responding to my inquiry" -- I don't really remember making any inquiry about him. I did go to his profile when I saw his name, because he was someone I knew in high school. You suppose that constitutes an inquiry? Now he has responded to some of my profile information on there (they have a "blog" area where you answer questions about yourself). I think it's kind of creepy, and I can't decide whether to reply.

kiwi

Kiwonk
12-15-2006, 02:18 AM
In other news, I just published my first public zazzle stamp (http://www.zazzle.com/crosbykw/products). Hopefully it has been posted by now. I could earn a couple of bucks if anyone ordered it.

Not that I'm suggesting you order it, that would be silly. When I put it on a mousepad, then you can order one.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-15-2006, 07:35 AM
1. The cop had too much kiddy porn on puter to be innocent.

2. The guy contacting you is probably the same cop. Don't reply. Unless you want to.

3. How come you get a vacation? Do you work?

4. I have to get a $20 Sneaky Santa Gift and Go To A Dinner with the women I work with on Monday. The last time I had to do this, everyone coveted the MANY plug-in light-up or music-playing Christmas thingies brought. I did not want any of them but grabbed the one most coveted by the woman I most disliked and brought it home. It's part of her village I think. I probably threw it out by now.

5. Anyone who watched Amazing Race go to the Cho Brothers web site? alittlekarma.com ... This is very strange to me. What is their purpose? They're selling stuff but have just a few more things to offer than Kiwi and their idea of "random acts of kindness" is to pay bridge toll for a bunch of people. Better, in my opinion, to be the kindness for someone who needs it. Little kids, old people, Republicans, that sort of thing.

6. I went to Kiwi's stamp link (above ) and found zilch. 0 products it says.

SugP
12-15-2006, 09:50 AM
I can see zilch stamps too! Tell us what it's like, Kiwi, so we can anticipate .

High school person does sound kind of creepy.

Pervy policeman sounds VERY creepy. Who can you trust these days?

Kiwonk
12-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah, my "product" is still not posted :bb:

Re: the Chos -- since you asked (and by the way I do work: I work hard at being bombastic, therefore I need a vacation) here is why what they are talking about is valid: they are not talking about charity, they are trying to encourage random acts of kindness, what they call karmic acts. Random, as in not targeted to someone for a reason. And the reason why this is valid, is that when you do something for someone else, they may be motivated to do something for someone else again and so on. So if you pay the toll of 100 people behind you, you may provide actual needed help to some of them and you will certainly cheer up a lot of them, but more importantly you may inspire some people to do something kind for other people. And the intent is that this snowballs into one giant gelatinous ball of kindness.

However, you may be kind to whomever you wish.

Kiwi

Wabby
12-15-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm here. It's not the same me, but I'm here anyway. Not feeling too chatty at this point, but I just wanted you to know I'm here lurking --- so behave yourselves.

Bagzz
12-15-2006, 02:22 PM
WABBY!!!! what a relief----to see your name show up is so wonderful---lurk away and post when you feel like it for sure!!!-----we are all here for you ---i am sure you know that.......behaving ourselves will be difficult but for you,i will make an effort!----xoxoxoxo

Bagzz
12-15-2006, 02:29 PM
wabby,once i promised to behave i immediately wanted to say the eff word. ****. it's like a diet---once you decide to go on one,you buy a bad of ****in chips.

SugP
12-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Wabby!!! So glad you are here. :grouphug:

Cowpernia
12-15-2006, 07:00 PM
I am not behaving myself. Inspired by three-year-olds with whom I am acquainted, I am pulling up my top and pointing to Sugar. "Sugar pulled up her top Miss Wabby!!!"

The kids are gone and I have three days to work next week with just adults. We have a snitch. First, I wondered why I was getting calls at work from the director about things I hadn't said to her. Then I got written up for something I said and I thought about who was in the room. Then I realized that in the kitchen, when no teachers are present, teachers get talked about big time. So the cook is out. She had surgery and guess what!! She is being talked about by the same snitch. Cook burns the food, doesn't cook enough, doesn't season, etc. Snitch does it better and is doing it while Cook recuperates. I don't know why I'm saying all this. Nothing better to say I guess. Today, I heard snitch tell director that a certain teacher gets uglier every day and one parent looks like something off the Adams Family. Professional? Hmmmm

Wabby ... my top is down now. I am SO GLAD you're here !!!!

Cherry Cow
12-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Yay Wabby!! :grouphug:

I'll behave, because I'm boring like that.

Today was the big graduation reception at school. I decided not to go to the ceremony itself. Now I have my stuffed tiger!

I hope I'll exercise and clean next week, but I suspect I will sleep and surf.

Kiwi, I also checked for your Zazzle stamp & nothing yet.

Cowpernia
12-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey hey hey hey I got a Christmas card today. It was all folded over because it didn't fit in the envelope. Ok. Not really. It fit PER FECT LY and was from ta-da ... uh ... it was from Shhhhhhhaaa .... Shah Tse.

XOXOXOX

Schatzi
12-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Wabby :hug: :hug: so so happy you posted!
I don't behave. As me Irish Grandpop "Cap" (that's fer Captain) use to say: "Aye, Colleen (yes, he called me colleen) Ye'd give the Deevil himself ulcers"

Kiwi:Stamps up!!! That is a beautiful shot of Mt.Kahatin.

Cowie: I hate snitches..is she an old wizened prune that wears a hairnet???

Congrats on graduating Cherry!!!

I spend Thursday afternoon and all day yesterday in bed with a migraine.. or sinus headache...my ears were stuffed up and piercing pain.. but all is good in Schatziworld today. We're going to see that 10 acre tract again.. We had nixed it because the powerline poles that were suppose to be moved were only plotted to be moved 50 feet - which still was too close and tooo unsightly for us... so the developer talked to Duke Power and apparently they restaked it sooo we are going to see if it is moved to where we think it should be--that is straddling the property line and inbetween a swath of trees. Theres also a plot that has the Eno River in the back that I want to look at - could be that I could just walk back there and plop my kayak in...

Cowpernia
12-16-2006, 09:32 AM
That IS a beautiful picture. The kids would say it's a shadow of the sky. They learned about shadows and are sticking with that concept whenever possible.

DS and LCP are coming today. Who is going to clean my house? I have this problem repeatedly and no one takes a hint. I decided what I would want for Christmas if I were rich rich rich. My shoppers would find clothes I like, buy two, and replace the size label in mine with a smaller number. The extra clothes can be donated.

Cowpernia
12-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Colleen, she's an old prune fer sure. Now, I have to vacuum. Wears a hairnet in the kitchen. Smaller than me. Haggy saggy face. I have to vacuum!!! STOP ME>

Cowpernia
12-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Procrastination 3:

Me: Where are you?

DS: At the mall?

Me: What mall?

DS: THE mall.

I am so not liking this cleaning crap.

Speaking of which, old prune asked director (who she snitches to) wouldn't she do things differntly if she was young and knew what she knew not. Answer: I wouldn't have all these d**n kids, that's for sure.

She has three.

KICK ME AND MAKE ME VACUUUUM

Schatzi
12-16-2006, 10:38 AM
:kickbutt:

now follow my list:

1) Go to closet
2) Remove all junk on top of vacuum
3) dislodge vacuum from closet
4) Change the bag or empty cannister
5) Replace bag or cannister
6) Move junk away from outlet
7) plug in vacuum
8) Take a break
9) turn on vacuum
10) make up and down motion with arm to make vacuum go
11) take a break
12) call DS to come home and finish vacuuming

Cowpernia
12-16-2006, 10:59 AM
I am doing that except skipping steps 4 and 5. Will that still work? Shots, I think you're beginning to catch on to how cow clean!! Well, Bagz's home is gorgeous but I think her gay friends clean it. Wabby's home is beautiful, too, judging from the gardens but she doesn't let us see the inside so there's probably mail from 1998 on the tv. Sugar cleans a spot then takes pictures of it for her blog. (Sugar, you whole house can't look like that??!!?) Kiwi and I offer no excuses.

Kiwonk
12-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Today was the big graduation reception at school. :bravo: CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR STUFFED TIGER!! :book2: I MEAN YOUR GRADUATION!!! :congrat:

Wabby, I'm so glad you have wandered back in here. We missed you! I would try to behave, but I think I forgot how.

Theres also a plot that has the Eno River in the back that I want to look at - could be that I could just walk back there and plop my kayak in...That sounds rather heavenly. I need a ploppable kayak, then I could do that too. We have a friend's sea kayak that we can use until they want it back, but it's soooo long I find it quite difficult to take anywhere by myself.

Sugar cleans a spot then takes pictures of it for her blog. (Sugar, you whole house can't look like that??!!?) Kiwi and I offer no excuses.I think I want to start cleaning like Sug. Just a few nice clean spots and then I'll take photos and post them. Maybe I'll make stamps out of them. My mother would appreciate it. I still have photos of my dryer from when I cleaned it off. Seriously. Doesn't look like that now however, so the photos are not of any lasting motivational value.

Here's my list:

Oh my gosh, write a list.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Kids are here. Legs intertwined. Ignoring me.

Schatzi
12-16-2006, 11:42 PM
:woohoo: Teenage porn at Cowies House!!!

Sooos anyway.. Kiwiner: Alas, No probability of kayak plopability at this Enos River land... DH forewarned me not to get my hopes up as the Eno starts pretty much right where all this land fer sale is...and Sho' nuf' taint nuthin' but a muddy drip ...and heavily wooded.. which means mucho bucks to clear and what not......
But! We then went to see the Promised but nixed land... and the electric pole things have been staked at the property line.. in between a swath of trees... as near perfect as ya ken get I guess... and so, we shall make an offer!!! And they shall counter... and we shall make another offer!!! and they shall take it.... and then we enter the WHAT THE F did we DO period..to be followed by the WHAT the F Do we do Now !!period...
and well it will just continue to spiral and cost more money from there.

PS. DH has just informed me that he wants to go on vacation next year... I'm thinking a cruise...but NO adventurous DH would like to ...................................

(None of you will EVER guess : So I dare ya's What will the Schatzinators be doing on vacay next year ?)

Schatzi
12-17-2006, 01:53 AM
I neglected to say, that my migraine returned earlier today whilst walking the 2 lunatics. I came home - took 2 aspirins and put an icepack on my head. During my agony I caught a glimpse of my True self in the mirror- adorned with a ice full ziplock atop my head and SHUDDER - GASP -- I am FAT, and trollish..

I'm not sure what the height limit is for enrollment in the Little People of America, I know I'm on the high side - but I think I qualify-- but my weight may disqualify me -I may have to become an Ooompa Loompalah.

Kiwonk
12-18-2006, 02:53 AM
Oompa Loompa Dibbidy Doo
I've got a perfect riddle for you:

Where are the Schatzis going on vacation?? :chin: I say either Russia or Egypt.

Am I close?

I am supposed to be wrapping presents and making my packing list. I have to get up in less than 4 hours and go to OT, then come home and pack and leave. I will be dead dead dead on my feet feet feet.

Did have fun today; took Jet to the big city for a flyball demo. There were a bunch of other dogs there, most of them team members, who knew what they were doing. But she got to practice too, and the leader lady had some suggestions that were good. Then I spent 4 hours shopping my arse off. Then I had to hightail it to Stinkytown to drop the dog off at the vet for her Christmas vacation. I am exhausted.

I bought myself some stuff. heh heh $3 t-shirts at ACMoore. They have Hanes t-shirts in every conceivable color for $3/each. I also bought some nice shoes. Haven't bought nice shoes in a long time. I was getting slippers for DH and they were buy 1, get one half price, so I went for it. I'm was delighted to see that shoe fashions have finally gotten back around to my taste. (Most of you are probably saying "where are the decent shoes this year?" I am shoe strange. I like low heels and loafery things, I don't venture far afield from those.

Strangely enough, I just acquired a free pair of Doc Martens yesterday. But those are not what you call "nice" shoes, they are more like what I wear all the time anyway. Clunky, y'know.

I'm babbling, I know, I've got to jot down some packing reminders and go to bed. The awful thing is I haven't gotten hardly any wrapping done. DH is going to ***** all day tomorrow. I'll be bringing the wrapping paper etc to the motel room....

Tata, will be gone for a couple, probably on and off line over the next week or so. Have a wonderful.

Kiwi

Schatzi
12-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Have a nice visit Kiwi and clan!
Where is everybuddy?
I am cleaning... we'll be heading out to Jersey the 23rd and will be back maybe around the 4th. so checkin fer me will be sporatic...

DH wants to go on a Cattle Drive :rolleyes: for vacation... ala City Slickers.... I think NOT!

Cherry Cow
12-18-2006, 06:58 PM
I was going to guess white-water rafting, but I don't think I ever would have guessed cattle drive! If it were my family, I would go SKIING! I hope when I'm a super-rich liberry skool perfesser I'll be able to ski every year.

Thanks for the congrats!

Cards not mailed out yet. I'm in denial about Christmas being next Monday.

I'm taking another step in my dietary evolution. I'm going to try to go a bit more raw, at least over break. I have four weeks at home, so I'll be able to deal with it. I'm also considering trying to do a video documentary of my weight loss next year. (Perhaps even culminating in the high school reunion trip in the fall, which probably won't happen since DH is not consistently working at this time.)

I'm very curious to know what the dirty word is in Kiwi's post. I can't even begin to guess.

Bagzz
12-19-2006, 04:22 PM
this place is deserted!!! everyone is off doing whatever must be done---just a note to Wabby that you are constantly in our thoughts,and hope we can all get together here after the rush has abated----------i am looking forward to some peace and quiet. {and snow--we have no snow---it's just cold and windy}hope you cows are all well and the flu hasn't struck.xoxox Peace Out.

Schatzi
12-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Skis are packed Cherry Pie... well, ok not really. They're waiting for me in Scranton...as we leave NJ and head for PA to celebrate the new year with dear friends who live on Elk Mountain.. A smallish ski place- but good enuf fer these old bones! Skiing is pricey no doubt! I say I've "been down" black diamonds" (note, I didn't say skied..:lol: And we love to WW raft.. been down the Colorado through the Grand Canyon for 10 days and nights.. I would love to take a WW kayak clinic for a week...perhaps I can tawk DH into that instead of this cattle drive thingy.)

Kiwini is probably on the road still or drinking egg nog with her feet propped up in her style forward low heeled loafers. Shes smart that Kiwi, I bet her feet have nary a bunion nor has she ever suffered a fallen arch.

Cowie-- are you trying to wedge yourself between DS and LCP-- or baking cupcakes for your little charges???

Sug sug sug.. I admire her.. If I cooked and baked as well as her bloggette shows I would be 500 pounds.. In that sense I'm glad she doesnt live close as I would be over her house in a weinersecond .

Bagzz popped in but did not say how the smelly soap store smells or if she completed decorating....Bagzz must learn to post snippets of doings dang it!!!!We miss that effin canadian!

Painty - Where are you ?? Check in !!!!
and yes, our thoughts everyday drift to Wabby - and hope she knows we think of her and DS/DD/DDIL, and Kayden.. and yes Grandpop in the trailer tooo... we know she is surrounded by love and strength and we send all our strong proud cowness to her to add to it..with love...

(very strange that drifted into writing this post in third person - kiwi: critique. painty: analyze

Bagzz
12-19-2006, 10:01 PM
shatz!!! the shop smells like cinnamon rose hips-----we are selling a ton of candles and lots of pottery ===mostly mugs and dip plates=---also alot of jewellery-----i am hoping to make enough cash to pay off my bills,pay my taxes and sleep all January!!! we had Book Club Christmas Party tonight==it was lovely====we ate at a Thai restaurant-----i am stuffed!!!the book we read was "a spot of bother"---i didn't really like it that much===regarding your ski adventure planned-----the most fun i had was at a ski lodge in front of the fireplace----i didn't don a pair of skis!!! too scared!!! lodge was lots of fun though!!

SugP
12-20-2006, 05:34 AM
:( I'm here but I've had the fluuuuuu since Sunday night. Bleh. Gettin' over it now. Seems to be evolving into a head cold. Or pneumonia. Only time will tell. Cards not mailed yet either. Tree not up. Food not bought. Panic sets in.

I've gone through all the bad words I know and Kiwi's bad word has one too many stars in it. Hmmm.

Bagzz
12-20-2006, 09:41 PM
tree is up but only the lights are on---presents not all bought--nothing wrapped----no food bought---i think i will have Christmas at New Years in stead.

Cowpernia
12-20-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm sitting here being all pi**y about ds not being home when I thought he would and ruining my evening as he was off with lcp as usual. Laden with guilt, he comes throught the door and sets up a board game to play with me. We're off on the game when lcp calls. He tells her he'll call her back (guilt guilt) and she immediately sends a text msg. He groans. I ask if he has to go and he hands me the phone. Her dad passed away. He'd been in a coma for weeks.

Christmas at mid-January sounds more relaxing.

SugP
12-21-2006, 10:31 AM
:( Oh Peachy! I'm so sorry for lcp. Very hard to deal with. Did you say that her parents lived in another state and that she was living with her aunt? :(

I am shoe strange. I like low heels and loafery things, I don't venture far afield from those.
Kiwi

I'm like that too. Rarely find shoes I like - it's all witchy heels and pointy toes around here. That doesn't go well with cobblestones and dog poop.

Your stamp pic is bee-you-tifull, BTW.

I was going to guess white-water rafting, but I hope when I'm a super-rich liberry skool perfesser I'll be able to ski every year.

You said it! And a belated congratulations from me on your fantastic achievement. I know you've worked long and hard on this.

I want to go skiing too! If only we had some mountains. Or some snow.

DH wants to go on a Cattle Drive :rolleyes: for vacation... ala City Slickers.... I think NOT!

Yeeh haw! Get along little dogie. Hey, if Billy Crystal could do it you can too!

tree is up but only the lights are on---presents not all bought--nothing wrapped----no food bought---i think i will have Christmas at New Years in stead.

Yes, let's petition to change it this year. I am NOT ready. Stores are closed here Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so I am actually having to think ahead and it's taxing my tiny brain.

Sugar cleans a spot then takes pictures of it for her blog. (Sugar, you whole house can't look like that??!!?)

You saw through my cover! You can bet that my whole house does NOT look like that. My house is a pit and depresses me. That's why I clean little tiny corners of it and take pictures so I can look at them when I feel a meltdown coming on. We had to order a new batter charger for the camera because we lost the old one somewhere under the piles o' junk. I'm so ashamed. :o

My sister in law was supposed to have her baby girl by c-section yesterday and Vancouver is being blown away by a hurricane and no one is telling me anything and I drank way too much tea today so I'm up on the ceiling waiting to come down.

What should I make for dinner?

Cowpernia
12-21-2006, 06:20 PM
For dinner make latkes and cheese blintzes (freezer section of supermarket) and ham.

Hurricane? I didn't know. Florida hasn't had any this year. !!!

Kiwonk
12-22-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm very curious to know what the dirty word is in Kiwi's post. I can't even begin to guess.Hee Hee, I didn't really even think it would bleep out. Starts with B.

They're waiting for me in Scranton...as we leave NJ and head for PA I drove through Scranton the same day you wrote that! We were on the road 3 days -- stayed overnight in Boston area to wait for DD to be done school and work, drove till fairly late on Tuesday, stayed overnight in W.Va, got to sissie's house 4 PM Wednesday. Wow, does she have her hands full with these 3 kids!! Plus working full time and commuting for both her and her dh. My mom helps out, but it's mostly on DSis. She's a powerhouse.

(very strange that drifted into writing this post in third person - kiwi: critiqueDrifting: clearly hoping for a white Christmas. Third person: apparently still believes in Santa Claus.

I've gone through all the bad words I know and Kiwi's bad word has one too many stars in it. Hmmm.Rhymes with Rich. You naive little darlings you.

He tells her he'll call her back (guilt guilt) and she immediately sends a text msg. He groans. I ask if he has to go and he hands me the phone. Her dad passed away. He'd been in a coma for weeks.
Oh lord, it's always when you complain about something like that that you get hit with the bad news, isn't it? Poor kid, very hard to deal with losing a parent at that age. Be sure DS knows that she'll appreciate every hug and support.

i think i will have Christmas at New Years in stead.The discussion around here today is that my brother in law would like to move Thanksgiving up so he has more time before Christmas. I suggested we all celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving instead. :twirly:

Your stamp pic is bee-you-tifull, BTW. Thanks. I can't wait to see how people like them.

We had to order a new batter charger for the camera because we lost the old one somewhere under the piles o' junk. I'm so ashamed. :o
Don't feel bad. My skinny cleanie sister and her also cleanie DH have gotten to the point of giving up on vast parts of their house this year. It's very amusing to a point, especially to listen to the BIL talk about his horrifyingly cluttered basement (not) and the mess everywhere in the house (not really). I'll grant you, the kids' rooms are not the shining example of perfection, but who on earth cares?? My sissie has a good attitude; I just hope she is not stressing about it behind a brave face.

I have been trying without success to get online since yesterday, so don't feel like I'm ignoring you! The weather is pretty nice so far on the trip down and here in NC. Apparently rain is in the offing, but I don't care. I'm going swimming tomorrow with the old ladies at my mom's place :) Yeehaw!

Everyone enjoy your families and don't get too stressed out! Love ya
Kiwi

Kiwonk
12-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Oh I've done it again. My sis is having a party on the day after Christmas and I've volunteered to make one of my fave soups -- Ham and Barley. Now I find I don't have the recipe. I thought I had posted it on here, so I searched my posts. Turns out I must have sent it out in an attachment in an email perhaps 5 or 6 years ago. Don't suppose any of you have it, do you? It's a crockpot recipe, ham, barley, mushrooms. Oh damn. I don't know if I can make it up as I go along...

Or maybe...I could ask the ddbf (who is looking after our kitties) to start up my computer, search for the recipe, copy it and send it in an email. Oh good grief. Maybe I'll just give up.

I'm a twit.

Kiwi

Bagzz
12-22-2006, 06:30 AM
damn---i bet wabby has that----she is the recipe queen----hopefully one of us will have it----i can't seem to find it----------HEY I GOT A DVD YESTERDAY----I haven't watched it yet cause i want to ENJOY it!!!!and i am still operating a ZOOOOOOOOOOO at the market----it's fun though and i need the CA$H for all those FOUR people at university!!!SO AFTER THE RUSH I WILL SIT BACK AND ENJOY MY DVD----- i also got a darling card that actually FIT into the envelope!!!----have a great day swimming with the dolls kiwonk!!---sugar!!!! have a great holiday with your lovely boys and Shatz on the ski hills!!------Cherry----also merry holidays to you and all your boys!!!_-peachers darling----don't be surprised at being ignored by the young things---that is how they behave!!!hopefully things will settle down a bit----it's a very difficult time for sure-----------and of course Wabby---we are all thinking about you---there is no question----your beautiful family will surround you with love and your darling Kayden will make you smile for sure---merry christmas my precious cows!!!

Cowpernia
12-22-2006, 07:09 AM
I don't have the recipe but I want it.

I did tell ds to call lcp and ask if she'd like some company. She said her uncle would be mad if came over. I asked why. Dunno. Is he often mad? Dunno. What's this about? Dunno. Apparently, she's not going to NY for a funeral or anything which is bad. Early in January, she leaves for Spain for six weeks. I asked Ds how she pays for all this travel (Chlie last year) and he said, "Scholarhships she says." Suggested to me that he has doubts about some stuff she says. Dunno.

Yes, Wabbo could set us straight on a lot of stuff.

Cute British customer yesterday said that Canada is just like England except it's beautiful. Then she said one of her friends said being in Canada is like being in Pakistan or England and she replied that being in England is like being in Moslem country. Being in Dogpatch is like being in Mayberry.

Schatzi
12-22-2006, 09:48 AM
How deeeeelicious! :cloud9: I haven't checked the thread and I've come back to so much news and banter! I savored each post as I drink my cawfee!!

Bagz: I hope you make mucho dinero in the smelly soap shoppe!! It sounds like you're on your way to a banner year!! mmmmmm Cinnamon Rose Hips, sounds puurfectly divine! I have mulberry candles burning night and day during the season.

CowP: :yikes: Dreadful news about LCPs DD... It's good that she is close to her Aunt and Uncle - support makes such a difference.I think it was sweet that DS actually sat to play a game with you! Those are the moments he and you will remember.

Kiwi: What!!! You're in NC!!!! How did I miss this! I thought you were going to Bastin!! How ironic that you are here and I am leaving.. 2 ships passing in the night... I received a lovely DVD in the mail yesterday -- DD is truly gifted! I love it!!!! What a thoughtful gift Kiwi.. :hug:
Sorry no ham/barley/shroom soup recipe here... I do have a killer cream of chicken recipe.
We are outta here at 2am "tomorrow" trying to beat the rain and holiday traffic back to NJ. Too funny, as I thought to myself when DH made this proclamation that I will be traveling ala kiwi time.:lol: I plan to wear sensible shoes ... I'm a clog girl myself. slip on slip off, low heel and wide for my platypus feet. :sumo:

Suggy- I hope yer feelin better! You must be on pins and needles waiting on news! I visited bloggette and why is it that Far off land looks so purfectly charming????

Cherry- Have a wonderful holiday with the boys... hope you're able to slooooow down this coming year~

Wabby darlin' - I hope you find some solace and joy in surrounding yourself with those you love and Kayden's first christmas :hug:

:xcheer:Thankyou for sharing your daily doings, joys and sorrows with me :grouphug: I'll try to pop in when I can

Cowpernia
12-22-2006, 01:37 PM
My friend in Californiay is having gall bladder removal stuff on Dec 26. I want to send her something cheerful. Looking at the flowers online, I keep thinking they're boring. Is it me? What should I send her? If I had surgery, I'd want a stack of magazines and food but what can gall bladders removed people eat????

Kiwonk
12-22-2006, 02:03 PM
OH CARP ON A STICK. :mad: I posted a long winded reply (yeah, like when am I anything but long winded) and it disappeared because I'm not permanently logged in on this computer. I suppose this one will disappear too. :tantrum:

Anyway, I don't know what gall-bladder-less people can eat. I like flowers myself. Not to eat.

Wish I could visit Bagzie's store. Although I must admit that being in the South is rather pleasant. Rainy today, but not cold. Swimming was fun. DD went with us. We had to meet all my mom's friends as usual.

re: the DVD. We ran out of them before we left home (mostly we ran out of time), so I can make more after we return home, if those of you who didn't get one would be interested. Not all of what is on it will be of interest to everyone, but hey, that's what the Fast Forward button is for.

Can't say that I quite believe that lcp's travel is being paid for by scholarships. If so, she must have some kind of private "scholarship fund". Maybe her family is some kind of mob. :tape:

Gotta go wrap some more presents.

Kiwi

Schatzi
12-22-2006, 02:05 PM
ooh that's a hard one..my gfren had her gallbladder removed , but she eats whatever she wants :dunno: dunno if she's suppose to though. Like you I would like a basket full of mags, trashy kind...National enquirer, Star, The Globe (must keep up with the latest alien sightings, the doings of Britney sans unnahweah, and who's gay and whos not) Sudoku book, crossword book, and the latest best selling book... I MADE MYSELF A GIFT BASKET :woohoo: Could be cheaper, but more work to put one together..
or how bout a Spa and Bath type of gift basket?
This is a cute one http://www.shopbuildabasket.com/products_details.cfm?pd=12720&cd=PMTX

Cowpernia
12-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Shots I LOVE that idea and actually called them ... takes business days to get something from them to her. I'll go look for another one closer???

Schatzi
12-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Cowie. I did a google search for something similar, and no go-- they have the doc bag but filled with junk food... then I thought maybe a big soup/tea mug filled with teas, soup etc... Here's a site that has something ...it looks a little "thin" but you could call the site to customize the gift--or maybe they have the cute doc bag you could fill?

http://gift-baskts.stores.yahoo.net/getwegiba.html

Cowpernia
12-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Shots I have looked at another site also and it has made me give up puncutation All of these gift basket businesses are in New Jersey Isnt that strange I wonder if lcps trip is paid for by gift basket vendors

Her dad was an attorney and youd think he would have paying for her education but that is denied

Schatzi
12-22-2006, 03:48 PM
The gift basket industy is run by the mob, so a lot of them bein in Jersey makes sense-
Ah yes "CARP on a stick.. and call it dinner!" (Dh hates when I say that as it induces a scrinched up face followed by an Ewwwww. This delights me.)

lcp is an enigma wrapped in a puzzle :chin:... Whadda I know , but I never heard of scholarship money for 6 week trips ... will she be doing research there - is she a language major? Methinks something strange is afoot and I shall now :ziplip:

Cowpernia
12-22-2006, 03:53 PM
international studies something or other major
i am still looking
furniture arrives tomorrow and room needs cleaning
woe oh woe

Schatzi
12-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Wow this is like IM ... both on line same time... the planets have aligned. :yoga:

hmm international studies--traveling internationally... Who knows :dunno:

I think it's time to rent a moving pod. Place in driveway. Store all junque in it. and Viola, uncluttered clean house.

SugP
12-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Wheee! I just became an aunt for the fourth time. The little beauty's name is Sarena Marie and she weighed in at a hefty 8 lbs 10 oz. We're all very happy.

The gift basket industry is run by the mob?? Well, that explains everything.

Cherry Cow
12-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Congratulations Aunty Sugar P! I'm glad you got word. Were they affected by all the problems there?

I agree that lcp's deal sounds a bit weird, but then... I don't know if you've heard our story. We stopped paying for DS17's private school at the end of the last school year due to the large number of classes he was failing and the complete non-communication from the teachers. They then worked out some kind of under-the-table deal with him, while keeping us in the dark (we wanted to send him to public school.) Now, he's some kind of charity case to them, and now, some anonymous family is paying for his second-semester tuition because he's "so deserving." We were hoping he would learn the value of hard work, but he still doesn't have a job. I have no idea if he's brought his grades up. I guess what he's learned is you have to charm the rich people and you get what you want. That's the long way of saying lcp's thing is probably entirely legit... people are weird. I'm sorry about her dad, though. How sad.

Sorry, still feeling ranty. Grr.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Cowpernia
12-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Thanks for saying that Cherry. Nothing this girl says has ever been disproven but it's just that most people in my experience like to say "look at this" and show you something to back stuff up. That is unthinkable about your ds. He's a minor! How can they do anything without parental consent?

Kiwonk
12-23-2006, 01:04 AM
Wow! Those are some thorny teenager issues! It's frightening that someone could just supplant you as a parent in a way, but life gets awfully complicated sometimes. And it doesn't help that it is like getting blood from a turnip to get a straight answer from a teenager sometimes.

I did what I hope is the last of my Christmas shopping tonight, helping Target close its doors at 11 PM. I hope everyone is on the way to a lovely holiday in whatever way you celebrate it. My wayward brother is showing up tomorrow, and much as we would like to smack him in the head now and then, we will be delighted to see him.

Speaking of brothers, I can't help but share this crazy website (http://seafaring.com/magazine/theLostSoul/LostSoulVoyage2006/trip3.php)with you all. My youngest brother is crewing (photographing? videotaping?) on a sailing voyage and the boat has a blog. The owner of the boat is this ex-hippie party guy who publishes a sailing magazine. My bro is the long haired overgrown teenager on the left (he's 40+ but if he ever grows up I'll be sorely disappointed) in this pic. (http://seafaring.com/magazine/theLostSoul/LostSoulVoyage2006/images/trip3/7.CrewInParadise.jpg)

Tata
Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-23-2006, 07:39 AM
The whole family sails?? And some sail seriously by the seashore. I bought a box of See's chocolate for Christmas. Wabby knows about See's. DS and I are enjoying it but I think of it as mine. Honestly, moving from California one thing I regretted was not having See's. Another was losing my mechanic. They had good sour dough bread there and delis. The temperature was nice. That's probably it.

Kiwonk
12-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Most everybody sails. My father had an early wooden Hinckley sailboat that was a beauty. He took everyone out on it; I don't know how many of the kids actually learned to sail with him, but they also lived a block or two from the shore, and sailing is big in that area. My youngest brother always was interested in sailing and boats, he's had jobs from crewing on giant yachts out of Bar Harbor to diving for lost money in Florida to scraping barnacles off the hulls of boats out in California. In between boating jobs he makes movies.

I think I ought to help my sissie clean the house. She keeps walking past me with a dusting rag and stuff....

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Look what I got for Christmas !! I am so delighted. Yes, I bought it myself but I'm still delighted. The room was full of junk. DS didn't think the junk could be taken out as it was so monumental. The cat box was in there (sitting in a big plastic pan) and the room has never been used by humans. The carpet is new. DS and I both have been sitting in it .. and the cat.

The little chest was so pretty in the store but arrived with big blotches of white glue on it. Lots of them. It's like the whole bottom of the chest and the bottom of the doors fell apart and the wrong glue was used to repair them. In my experince, I once had a sofa delivered and the delivery guys scraped it on the door frame damaging the back. The person who came to look at it asked what it would take to make me happy to keep and I said $100 and he threw it into my hand. So ... what should I say if the occasion arises again?

It's a tiny and very cosy, cute room. My purchase was the daybed, the chest and the two black chairs. Bookcases and little table were already here.

Bagzz
12-23-2006, 06:41 PM
I Want To Lie Down On The Daybed!!! That Looks Veryyyyyy Cozy And Of Course The Cat Always Finds The Coziest Place In The House!!! Direct Me To A Website So I Can Look At These Chocolates!!! Are They Better Than Bones??

Kiwonk
12-24-2006, 11:03 AM
:censored: I wrote a long post last night about our day with my older bro, and stuff, and it all disappeared, so you should be thankful. Suffice to say we had fun/noise/presents and some people (not me) had a little too much :hat: :lol:

Your little room is lovely, Peachie. I hope you can get another chest; it's so cute. I can't imagine why a store would think that a customer would accept a piece of furniture all globbed up like that; almost makes you wonder if they broke it and tried to glue it on the truck?

Must go get fancy for dinner at the parents' ladida dining room (they live at a retirement complex where you have to "dress" for dinner). My sis sometimes take the kids over there for noon dinner on Sunday because they are already dressed from Sunday School. Personally I am in my ScoobyDoo nightshirt and scary orange knit pants and probably this won't do. I guess it would be a bad thing to frighten the elder folk.

Later, chickies

:wreath: Happy Christmas Eve!:ginger:

Kiwi

SugP
12-25-2006, 06:51 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS, COWIES!!

The presents have been opened, the bird is in the oven and life goes on. And on, and on.

:wreath: :tree: :ginger: :snowglo: :clause: :candy:

Cowpernia
12-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Must say that a certain entertainment I opened this morning is a mesmerizing delight. What a joy to see beautiful young people who are interrupted by
Merry Christmas You Darling Heifers

Kiwonk
12-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Peachie, the perpetrator thanks you.
:candy:
We have had a wonderful day with the kiddies. Their daddy managed to hold them at bay until a little after 7 am, so DH and I dragged ourselves right out of bed to enjoy their delight. Even DD managed to join in at that hour. It's a Christmas Miracle. :xcheer:
:hohoho:
There was much Barbie Pink and many many Legos being formed into incredible vehicles and buildings. Good food, way too much paper and ribbons, a few naps (me! me!), and a lovely visit from congenial relatives. :xcheer:
:tree:
Hope all have had a great day! :present:

Merry Christmas to All!

Kiwi

Cowpernia
12-26-2006, 08:59 AM
Shots ... your assignment is ... start a new thread with clever wordplay revolving around the phrase "Perfect 2007."

What was the first Perfect we did?

I have a headache. LCP came over, was sweet and charming as always and kept falling asleep. Really. Over and over, she fell asleep. We got her on to our new bed a couple of time and she slept with her head on Ds's lap and she slept on the sofa. I don't know what's going on but she sure doesn't appear to have an enviable home life. DS thinks she's kept up late doing chores.

There's this little girl I keep thinking about. She doesn't seem to grasp anything. She just sits and makes scrunched up faces and doesn't follow instructions, etc. The thing is I've fallen in with the other teacher who is frustrated with her and a little sarcastic to her and I feel so bad about it. I know that she's kept sitting right in front of the teacher's chair because she can't concentrate and she tends to put her feet on me or try to climb in my lap, etc. and I have pushed her away more than once. One time, another girl threw herself in my lap and I told her to get off, then apologized and indicated I didn't mean her which implied I meant the other little girl AND HOW AM I EVER GOING TO MAKE THIS RIGHT???? I have to do something but it's not like I can say "will you help me make this?" because she probably won't/can't. The only time I've heard her talk she was telling me her mom said they can't see the daddy anymore because the daddy said a bad word. All the kids at the center have these kinds of lives. They need to be built up AND I NEED TO DO IT>>>>>>>

Waiting for new thread Shots. *tapping foot*

Bagzz
12-26-2006, 08:05 PM
merry christmaS COWPIES---I GOT A NEW laptop!!!! so now i can post from work!!!that will be good cause there will be no customers til valentine's day----i hate january in the store-so boooooooooorrrrrrrrrring!!! what a beautiful pic of your lovely relative kiwonk!!! so cute!!!----i am so tired,i want to go to bed but if i go to bed now i will wake up at three and not be able to get back to sleep!!! COWpern-----you will have start the new thread,shatzi is rafting the amazon---or skiing the alps-----we started with perfect 99 i believe but it could haVE BEEN PERFECT 98---TOO OLD TO REMEMBER~~~ WE HAVE BEEN TAlking for nearly nine years i think~

Kiwonk
12-27-2006, 12:16 AM
I'm pretty sure it was Perfect 1999. But we had been yakking for some time before Cherry started that.

Isn't my nephew cute with a beard? I'd have put a Santa hat on him, but I'm not on my home puter and I don't have all my goofy tools here.

I'm thrilled that you got a laptop, Bagz. DH got one right before Christmas, purchased from his nephew. He needed to just fix the sound, which he did the other day here in my sissie's basement. Can you imagine taking a laptop apart and getting it back together so that it worked? Pretty amazing. Anyway it does. But I doubt that I'll be able to use it all that much; I expect DH will be using it along with his 2 other computers. Yeah, I don't get it either. :dunno:

What is it with lcp? Poor thing. She's not sick, is she?

Peachie, that little girl isn't likely to hold a grudge -- you do something nice for her, she won't even remember being pushed off your lap probably. My little niece A(3) is so distractable. She's 3-1/2 and quite the loud boisterous little girl. She gets in a lot of trouble and she gets really mad when people tell her no or give her a talking to. I mean that hilarious foot-stomping hands-on-hips kind of mad. But you can practically just point and say "Oo Shiny!" and she'll be distracted. :lol: She really is a hoot. Tonight Sis had a party for some friends, so the adults were expecting the kids to entertain themselves for the most part. DD had the kids up in the boys' room apparently playing music on J(8)'s keyboard, and A(3) came downstairs to tell all of us, in her very loud voice "Rock and Roll is starting!! Rock and Roll is starting!!"

Don't you wish you were here? :rofl:

Tomorrow is our last day in NC. Back to old grind on Friday. Looking forward to picking up my Jet.

Apparently DD is looking forward to getting home too. Little exchange this evening while standing around at end of party:
(DD bites me on the arm)
Me: What are you doing? Why are you biting me?
DD: I just needed to bite someone.
Me to DH: We need to get her home to Maine.

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
12-27-2006, 02:51 AM
Hi Cowies! Merry Christmas! Yay for Bagzie's new computer and Peachie's new furniture!

DS17 slept a lot this weekend, too, but I think some of it has to do with a lot of studying (mixed with socializing) and some of it has to do with his friends calling in the middle of the night. We were all in one room last night and one friend called twice. Also, last week was finals week for the semester, so he was tired from that. As for his situation, it was a tag team deal. He insisted he would drop out of school before he would go to public school (great values he learned at his so-called Catholic school, huh.) He probably would have ended up going to public school (he has friends there, and I did a practicum there and it's not that bad) but for that deal that the school worked out with him. Funny, though, he was ill one day this semester and the school called DH wanting an excuse. Basically, DH told them that since they had worked out the deal with DS without involving us, he was their customer now and he was responsible for providing his own excuses. I try not to worry too much about what they think of us, since they never thought much of us or they would have kept us in the loop when it came to his school work. This private school takes every problem I rant about in public schools and wraps it in a blanket of unaccountability.

Sorry for being ranty. Luckily, DS11 (!)'s school experience seems to be shaping up much better. And there is the bright spot that DS17 has already been accepted to college (thanks to his absurdly high ACT scores) and has a subject he is intensely interested in, so hopefully this year's crash course in study habits will pay off next year.

Kiwi, cute nephew!

Schatzi
12-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Can only check in jiffy quick ... scanned the posts quickly -- Sleepy and nipping calves. ..laptops food drink ... got it! must put on thinking cap for thread name.. what is this "Perfect" reference? I know not. splain.
having a fabooo time in Jersey.. laughing so hard with my dear gal pals as DH looks at me forlornly and lost.

Schatzi
12-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Went to Christmas eve mass with MIL. It was a childrens pagent and made me think of Her Peachness.
Father Mike gets to podium says they open the rectory and church for the kids to come tour to see decorations part of boy/girl scouts. They give out Candy canes.
A mother asks her daughter, where did you get candy cane?
From church
Mother presses...
ya know from those 3 guys that are always hanging out there.. Mike Jack and Joe.

So from Father Jack Father Mike and Deacon Joe, we wish you a merry.. :rofl:

We got to the church at 3:30 for 5:00 mass to get parking and a "good seat" MIL turns to me and says its gonna get packed... grumpily says, ALL of them come outta the woodwork for Christmas... I said to her: Yeah, and I'm one of em! Which provoked much laughter from MIL and the folks in the pews around us..He HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe....

Must go, we are going on a family trip to the smelly candle factory in Tannersville PA... We are out of votives and tealights..must stock up --DH and I burn smelly candles through out the year.

Wabby
12-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Hey cows. I'm here at work getting things caught up. Last week was spent on the couch with the flu, which my Dr. prescribed cough syrup w/ codeine for. After 3 days of dizziness, nausea and vomiting I figured out that I'm allergic to codeine. 2 more days to get that vile stuff out of my system.

It's good to read all about your holiday happenings. My house is still full of ppl, which is a good thing. I have one "adopted" son and his wife and little boy staying with me until friday. DD & her boyfriend have moved in with me (along w/ her little dog---grrrr.) So many friends coming to visit me. With every hug it makes me miss his more. I never realized how many warm, safe hugs he gave me every day.

My life is unrecognizable to me.

Cowpernia
12-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Wabbalicious !!! I am going to start a new thread. It is an anagram.

spanky
01-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Okay,

Anyone care to tell the tale of the Cowbell thing? Inquiring minds want to know.....

Ipa

Cowpernia
01-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Look at thie first post in this thread. It's explained there.