Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-03-2006, 06:51 PM   #1  
Detangler

Default school schedule has affected my eating patterns.

Hello everyone,

I've been gone for a while, mostly because of the stress of school and all of that. But I'm not happy with what my eating patterns have become. A usual weekday for me is:

-skip breakfast
-eat 1 item from my lunch
-come home and BINGE my face off because i've hardly eaten all day.

so I am not hungry for dinner. basically, I eat one meal a day: the after school binge at around 4:30 which can last anywhere from 10 minutes to a couple of hours to all night. So I restrict for more than half the day.

On the weekends I eat very little, although pretty much anything can happen. I feel very little control.

My weight is stable--I've even been losing a little--because my caloric intake is pretty normal. Still, this pattern does NOT seem healthy.

What do you all think?
How has autumn been treating you?
_knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #2  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

I make a point to get up a little early on school days to prepare lunches and eat a proper breakfast. I know that if I don't eat lunch while I'm at school I end up eating everything in sight when I get home at the end of the day. Your body will run much more efficiently if you eat breakfast and lunch, rather than consuming most of your calories at night. You don't have to make fancy lunches - I bring soup in a thermos or a sandwhich or leftovers from dinner, along with fruit and veggie sticks for snacks. When I do this, I usually don't need to eat until dinnertime when I get home, and I eat far less at dinner. You can always prepare a lunch the night before, too. And I eat in class if I have a few classes in a row. Not eating all day just perpetuates a binging pattern, too - the best way I've found to break it is to spread my food evenly throughout the day.
Hope this helps!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote