WW Clubs and Groups - Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr olds #139

flaggies
10-02-2001, 10:30 PM
G'day all,

Thank you for your advice re the bodysuit. I definetly would like to breath on the day ;) so I was thinking something like a lycra. I will see what is available.

Ann sending lots of positive vibes from down-under for your dh's surgery. Look forward to hearing that all is well.

Karen nice to hear from you. I don't know of the strike you speak of but hope the problems will soon be resolved.

Trudy no doubt you had a nice afternoon with Slavika , I hope her computer is soon on the go again, I miss her posts.

Peggy what do you mean by 'the city is on curfew', what is the reason? Thank you for yet another moving site.:)

Did any of you see the speech the English Prime Minister Tony Blair gave last night? I thought he spoke very well and agreed with a lot that he said. The war thing is still very scarey but it is difficult to think of any other way to bring the Taliban regime to an end and then hopefully also deter the terrorists.
I guess there are no easy answers but listening to Tony Blair did make me feel a little better. I am also pleased that things are kept a bit more secret, I am sick of journalists speculating what will happen next.
Off my box now :D

Cheers
Maria

Geri
10-02-2001, 11:34 PM
Hi everyone,

Maria, it is good that your feet are on the mend. I know it has to be difficult to be sitting so much. That is the main reason I don't want to have the surgery that would help me. That + I just don't think my problems are that severe yet. I have some one piece garments that are not uncomfortable. I don't know if they are what you would call a bodysuit, but they certainly used to make me look nicer. I bought mine to fit my bra size and it was fine. I could move and dance and do everything while wearing it. The main problem was using the rest room because it has a hook and eye closure in the crotch. And trying to hook that sucker in the confines of a little cubicle with these arthritic hands wasn't easy. It wasn't as comfortable as being in a regular bra and panties but it was very tolerable. And I bought it to wear to my nieces wedding in August in Louisiana. I think you are wise to wait till December to buy it so it truly fits who you are then.

Tell Slavika we will be glad when her 'puter comes home from the hospital.

Karen, I am like you. As many people as are out of a job, now is not the time to strike. Not having insurance is a big deal right now. I hope it is settled soon and your DH gets back to work. However, union leaders don't always pay attention to the rank and file. Sometimes they just like to swing their weight around and aggravate management. The members should have been allowed to vote again under the circumstances. The vote taken back in August was under different conditions. What company is he with? I haven't seen anything about it in the Texas papers. I will start watching for it.

Have to go eat. Just got back from my First Place meeting. Can't bring myself to eat before a weigh-in.

Lizziepie
10-02-2001, 11:36 PM
Maria:Glad to have a new thread. Time will tell whether you will like any type of one piece garment. If you have the oopotunity to try it on that should be the clincher.

Trudy:You just enjoy all the pretty fall colors for me. I'll use my imagination. Say Hi to Slavika.. Be sure to tellus all about the new baked stuff she is creating.

Peggy:Thanks for the site. I think that we need to keep remembering, and not get too complacent. The thought of some sort of war is not pleasant, but what happened on Sept. 11 was far from pleasant, and justice is necessary. I did hear part of Tony Blairs' speech. What I heard sounded good.

Karen:Sorry about the strike. I hope for your sake and your dh that it won't last long. Union bosses can sometimes get power hungry. That is just my opinion.

I'm with you Maria, about the need for more secrecy about what is going on. Why should we let the Taliban know our every move before we make it? But our news media would like to broadcast every little detail. WW2s' famous slogan was ' loose lips sink ships'. The live of all of our troops who will be taking on this assignment need not to be endangered by the 'so called' publics need to know. Now I'll get off my soap box.

Hi everybody. 'See' you tomorrow. :wave: Ann

LilyG
10-02-2001, 11:56 PM
Ann: Work......do not ask. Its been crazy. Vancouver is beautiful. Been there twice. It has impressed me both times. If you like fall colors, my trip to Colorado was awesome. Lots of fall. Truley beautiful. Was gonna post a pic. But ALAS. I dont have one with fall colors. They are in DH's cmera. Might get them back in 2005. :) Plese keep us posted on your DH.

Trudy: Sorry to hear about Slavika and her PC problems. Tell her Hello! Dont know how you Oranized, but here is me. I create a folder for Internet. Then under it I create folders for certain things, or sites. I place them all there. Might help might not. Im queen of organization on my PC. People hate me because of it.

Maria: I know nothing of body suits. I would wait and see how it fits. You could be ok. I have always hated being "binded" like that. The wedding should be for you to enjoy and relax. Not be uncomfortable.
I didnt see the speech last night. sorry I missed it. I have been missing alot lately. Oh well...

Karen: Good to see you! So sorry about the strike. Its stressful thats for sure. Keep us posted on how things are going.

Peggy: The wedding you went to sounds beautiful! I would love to see Phantom of the Opera. Im sure it was an excellent play. Alas someday hopefully.

Night Night all!

painter5
10-03-2001, 01:58 PM
Just came home from the Dr's. I had my 6 month cancer check up and she is sending me for a dexascan and a colonoscopy. I just can't wait. I did manage to lose 10 lbs since I was there in April. Queen Lily you are just too organized. We really need you to make house calls. Ann, I too, am certainly tired of the media telling everything they know all the time. They will do anything for a scoop. If I know that they have people in Afganistan looking I am certain that the Taliban does too. I did miss Tony Blairs speech but I understand it was excellent. Geri what a picture you paint of wearing a body suit. That was my chuckle for the day. Maria they had the city on curfew for a few nights because the judge dropped all the charges against the cop that killed that kid. The thugs in that neighborhood decided to start dumpster fires and then throw rocks at the cops and firemen when they came to put it out. They wanted him to get some jail time but the judge looked at the evidence and basically said that the kid shouldn't have been running. He was told to stop at 3 times before that. He also had 14 warrants out on him and the cop didn't know that they were for minor things. It was also 2:30 in the morning in a drug area. I have a lot of opinions but I will not voice them now. Hope that Slavika gets her puter back soon. Trudy tell her hi. Karen how is the strike going? Does your dh have to walk a line? See you all tomorrow, Peggy

slavika
10-03-2001, 08:36 PM
:wave: Hi Everybody I picked up my computer after I returned from my day out with my friend. The reason I took it in was that it was crashing every 2 min it seemed. I would re-boot, everything would come back ok and then ....bingo....the "blue screen of death" would come back again. Then...........I would try the "3-fingered salute" and it would come back again, but ALAS it would crash again. They thought they might have to take "everything" off my hard drive but fortunately it didn't come to that. The repairman said, "I had a corrupt file in my start up file" (or something). Anyway, it appears to be ok. Thanks everybody for saying hi to me. Trudy kept me informed as to what was going on with you gals. Maria my thoughts on the bodysuit is this....breathing is a good thing. :D :D The first thing I do when I get home is take off all my "outside clothes" and put on my very comfortable "inside clothes" which is usually a big denim shirt with patch pockets (that way I can take my bra off too). I do put on shorts or jeans too.............. Geri your story was just too funny. I could picture the whole thing. :D Thanks for the laugh. Karen sorry your DH is on strike. This sure doesn't seem to be the time for the unions to call one. I hope it's over quickly. Peggy what is a "dexascan". I don't think I have ever heard of that before. Ann I'm sure your DH will be fine, but I know it's a worry for you. I too am sending along my good wishes. Lily I wish you lived close to me too, then maybe you could have helped me with my computer problem, then we could have gone for lunch instead of paying the Computer Store. :)
Have a nice evening everybody.

flaggies
10-03-2001, 10:42 PM
Good to see you back on line Slavika I reckon the way computer companies charge would have paid for an airfare for me to visit, I may not have been able to fix it though:(

Not much news here, but I did get an email from dh that I thought I would share for a bit of a laugh, I hope it is received the way it was meant to.

An Australian man was having coffee and croissants with butter and jam in a cafe at Bondi when an American tourist, chewing gum, sat down next to him.

The Australian politely ignored the American, who, nevertheless,
started up a conversation.

The American snapped his gum and said, "You Ozzie folks eat the whole bread?"

The Australian frowned, annoyed with being bothered during his breakfast, and replied, "Of course."

The American blew a huge bubble. "We don't. In the States, we only eat what's inside. The crusts we collect in a container, recycle them, transform them into croissants and sell them to Australia."

The American had a smirk on his face. The Australian listened in
silence.

The American persisted. "D'ya eat jam with the bread?"

Sighing, the Australian replied, "Of course."

Cracking his gum between his teeth, the American said,

"We don't. In the States, we eat fresh fruit for breakfast,
then we put all the peels, seeds, and leftovers in containers, recycle them, transform them into jam and sell it to Australia."

The Australian then asked, "Do you have sex in the States?"

The American smiled and said, "Why of course we do."

The Australian leaned closer to him and asked,

"And what do you do with the condoms once you've used them?"

"We throw them away, of course."

Now it was the Australian's turn to smile.

"We don't. In Australia, we put them in a container, recycle them, melt them down into chewing gum and sell them to the United States."

Why do you think it's called Wrigley's mate?

Cheers
Maria

Geri
10-03-2001, 11:22 PM
Funny joke, Maria. Of course if I were to tell it, the Austrailian would be a Texan, and the American would be a Yankee. Remember, Karen, et al, that I am originally from Buffalo, N.Y. so I can tell Yankee jokes.lol. Of course when I lived in Georgia the Autrailian would have been a Georgian and the American would have been an Alabaman. When my brother tells it (and I will have to send it to him) the Austrailian will be a Cajun and the American will be a Yankee. Thanks for a good laugh. I needed one today.

slavika
10-03-2001, 11:57 PM
Maria Funny joke. I needed a laugh. My computer is still crashing so I will have to take it back to the computer repair place tomorrow. RATS!!!!
Bye for now all.

painter5
10-04-2001, 08:53 AM
Maria I loved your joke. Needed a good laugh today and you supplied it. Slavika so sorry about your computer. Maybe Lily could make a house call since she is closer. A dexascan is some kind of a bone scan for osteo. You go into an mri type thing so she said. I just don't want my head in there or I will panic. I have to check today to see if my insurance covers it. Time for morning walk. Peggy

Karen L
10-04-2001, 09:54 AM
Maria great joke! Wish I could use it in a meeting. But some how I just don't think I dare:devil:

I was just checking in quick . Some one asked where my husband worked. He works for the state of Minnesota. As far as I know there has been no more talks. My Wednesday evening meeting is held in a state run Technical School building. I felt so guilty going in last evening a little like a trader:o.

Now our Gov. Jesse is mad at the world because he was criticized for leaving the state for a few days while all this strike business is going on. Some times I think someone needs to pound some sense in his bald head!:dizzy:

Just dumped a bottle of color on my head so got to go wash it out. Talk to you all later.
:wave:
Karen

Trudy
10-04-2001, 04:25 PM
Do the labels on clothing irritate any of you? I have to take all the labels off my clothes, because they scratch up my neck and make me miserable. :( I think the thread they sew the labels on with must be bullet proof too, it is so hard to pick the stitches out. Too bad they don't sew buttons on with that thread, we would never lose a button again. That is my beef for today. :D
Sorry Slavika won't be around for awhile. Last night I was on the PC for awhile and my MSN kept on informing me that Slavika was logging on.... now she never turns her PC off so I knew she was crashing....big time. :eek: She is also heading off to her friends cottage for the Thanksgiving weekend, so we might not see her till Tuesday.
Maria..the joke was funny.
Peggy ... I had a bone scan for Osteoporosis, but didn't know what it was called.
It is cool and windy here today, not good! :nono: Makes me think it is time to put away the summer clothes and bring out the woolies. :lol: The high today is supposed to be 10C/50F and I notice that Geri will have 30C/86F.... :rolleyes: It is supposed to get warmer for the weekend...I hope that is true.

Bye bye...:wave:

painter5
10-04-2001, 10:01 PM
Trudy I hear you about the labels. Every once in a while I get one that drives me nuts. It happened at the wedding Sat nite while I was in church. I think it is that plastic thread that they use in some clothing. Is this your Thanksgiving weekend? What do you all cook? We are going to get that cool Canadian air over the weekend. Supposed to be in the 50's. It is perfect today. My son just bought his cousins Mustang convertible. I got the first ride in it. We had the top down and it was perfect. I will have to be extra nice to him so I can go cruisin' around in it next spring. He is parking it for the winter. Karen I forgot that Jesse was your governor. I have a friend that thinks he is cool and would like to him be president. I don't think that I can picture that. See you all tomorrow,

slavika
10-04-2001, 10:50 PM
Hi Everybody my Son called the fellow who owns the computer shop (a friend of his) and told him to 'PLEASE" fix his Mother's computer himself. Well he did and it seems ok so I sure hope it stays that way. The fellows at the shop are very nice and I understand from my Son that sometimes the problem is just difficult to find. :)
Speaking about labels Trudy they drive me crazy too.

A couple of days ago when the little Princess was over she said to my DH, "Papa, please cut the label out of my sweater because it is drving me crazy, and really bugs me. :D
I bought the Princess a "princess gown" at the Disney store. It is in a lovely yellow, floor length, with net over the skirt. I also bought her a little crown and a "magic fairy princess wand". I ironed the dress, and added a few little pretty things to the gown like ribbon bows and and a pretty little flower that gathers the net in the front of the gown. I am probably more excited about this little halloween costume then she will be. :) I went to her "apple party" at her school today. The little ones could invite "guests" to lunch, on things like apple pancakes, apple crisp, sliced apples and cheddar cheese, and apple pie. It was fun.
Hi to you all, and hopefully my computer will still be in operation tomorrow. Night all.

flaggies
10-04-2001, 11:40 PM
G'day all,

Trudy I agree with you about the tags but the thing I hate :devil: even more is those plastic 'thingies' that they use to attach the price label to a garment. If you try and pull it off you can damage the garment so you always have to find some scissors to cut them:( Very annoying.

Slavika Lets hope your computer stays up and running, how annoying. I noticed Trudy said you use MSN message service, so do I and I often talk to my dd, dh and ds via this medium, I think it is excellent.
When we are out of the country it is even better that we can communicate without getting a huge phone bill:)

Peggy I have had a similar scan like you mentioned. It was at the time I had breast cancer and I had to have so many tests to ensure the cancer had not spread. I thought it was great that all those tests were done but at the same time found it scary in case something was found. :dizzy: Luckily all was well.

It is a coolish day here today. Today has been named as 'walk to work day'. DH set off early this morning and thought it would take him at least an hour but I got a call 45 minutes later to say he had arrived and had enjoyed the walk.
I am starting to get all sorts of strange sensations in my feet, I hope that is a good sign and the body is telling me its healing.

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria

flaggies
10-04-2001, 11:51 PM
Karen I just received the following and thought it may be useful for you to use in your ww meetings.

Winner's Circle Network with Lou Tice - 10/4/01 - "Changing a Downward
Spiral"

We have talked before about downward spirals, and it is something that you
may find yourself in as a result of last month's events. You see, a
downward spiral is a frightening thing. It is a state of mind we can fall
into without realizing it, and it usually happens after a traumatic
experience, such as divorce, death of a loved one, or loss of employment.

Once you are in a downward spiral, even the most minor occurrences reinforce
your feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness and a hostile environment.
Things just seems to get worse and worse. But you know, we all have within
us a way to stop this free-fall into depression and pull ourselves up and
out.

The first thing you need to do is to get control of your negative self-talk,
because the power of negative language and negative thoughts is enormous.
Wear a rubber band around your wrist. Snap it and say "Stop!" every time
you catch yourself in a negative, self-devaluing thought.

Next, remember the things you have accomplished in the past and the strength
you have demonstrated when times have been tough. Make a list and review it
often. Then, begin visualizing what the future will look like when you have
solved your problems and are feeling good again. Hold that picture in your
mind and affirm the truth of it over and over every day.

If you do these things, you can take charge of a downward spiral and turn it
into an upward revolution.

- Lou Tice
The Pacific Institute - "Celebrating 30 Years 1971 - 2001!"
http://www.loutice.com

See ya
Maria

slavika
10-05-2001, 12:48 AM
Hi everybody, I had time so I came back. DH and I are going to the lake on Saturday and spending the thanksgiving weekend with friends. I got this recipe from an old "Taste of Home" magazine and thought I would try it over the weekend and thought maybe some of you might like to try it. Its called:
Tater Dipped Vegs
1 cup instant potato flakes
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup margarine melted then COOLED
2 eggs
4 to 5 cups raw bite size vegs, like mushrooms, red and green peppers,broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and par boiled carrots.
Bottle of Ranch Salad Dressing or any dip - "optional"

In a small bowl, combine potato flakes, parmesan cheese, celery salt, garlic powder and margarine. In another bowl, beat eggs, dip vegs in one at a time into the egg then into potato mixture; coat well. Place on a ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 20 to 25 min. Serve with a dip if desired.
YIELD 6 - 8 servings.

A friend of mine tried it and said both her and her husband really enjoyed the vegs done like this. She served it as a side dish with steaks for dinner one evening. It could be used with a meal or even as an appetizer.

Maria you're right, those plastic "thingme's" are almost as bad as some of those labels which I think are sometimes sewn in with wire. :D Also the labels themselves are made of such stiff fabric that the corners are sharp. If you are in the least bit concerned about the sensations you are feeling in your feet just give your doctor's nurse a call.......she's probably had the call from other patients and it would put your mind at rest. It is likely because your feet are healing. :)

It's time for me to say good night. See you all tomorrow.

Trudy
10-05-2001, 03:36 PM
I still have my cold... at first I thought I was going to get off easy as for days I didn't feel too bad. Well, I was wrong, the cold has kicked up into high gear, and the last couple of days have been nasty. :mad: I didn't go to work out today, thought I had better take care of myself.
Slavika so glad you have your PC back ... so soon yet. You have a nice DS. :) Maybe now all your troubles will be solved. The Princess will be so gorgeous, you are a good Baba. :D
Maria Changing The Downward Spiral could be meant for me these days. Thanks for sharing it. I need a BIG rubber band. :lol: Because I feel lousy I am constantly looking for something me make me feel better.
I was going to make Cabbage Rolls today, but opted for the lazy version. It will taste the same, but won't have the same eye appeal. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is having a good day... :)

survivor
10-05-2001, 03:43 PM
Girls, we went from absolutely beautiful fall weather to winter within an hour, from 83 degrees to 58 degrees. Ah, the beauty of the plains! 58 degrees shouldn't be this cold, but it is windy too. We had 2 weeks of fall weather.

Last night I put hay bales out and some scarecrows, artificial crows and pumpkins. This year I put an American flag in the scarecrows' hands. Just a little different. At Lowe's they had some little cheap yard stakes that said, "Proud to be an American" so we added those.

Slavika - I copied down your recipe so I will try it this weekend. Looked good.

Maria - next week at this time I will have my little curly toe surgery. It is not anything like yours, but will be glad to get it over. About 4 years ago I had both feet fixed for bunions so I know what you are going through. It is so boring to be off your feet. But I remember how my feet used to ache and they feel so good now. It was worth it! Keep that in mind.

Karen - I hope your husband's union goes back to work soon. With the worry and less money you get a whole lot more husband and that can be a volatile combination. I know. Good luck!
Glenda

flaggies
10-05-2001, 11:16 PM
G'day all,

Glenda Good luck for next week and thank you for empathising with my feet:D It is good to hear from someone who had similar surgery and is very happy with the end result, every now and then I wonder if I have done the right thing:?:
I might have missed it somewhere in the many posts, do you live on a farm Glenda? I liked your patriotic touch of a flag on the scarecrow:D

Trudy sorry you still have your cold, I am in a bit of a 'downward spiral' myself :( , it was good to be reminded how to get out of it, now I have to DO it:)

I remembered some time ago that some of you mentioned the playing of games on line and how addictive it was. Of course I never took note of the sites but last night I went to the Yahoo games page and had a lot of fun playing canasta. It was great fun and before I knew it I had spend 2 hours playing it. That was two hours of forgetting about food, my feet, home etc.etc.
No problems about sorting cards in suits or trying to hold on to copious amount of cards:D

It is a rainy day here, dh is at the gym. This afternoon we will go for a bit of a drive but in the meantime I will go and have another game of Canasta:D

See ya all
Maria

LilyG
10-06-2001, 01:22 AM
Trudy: Labels: YES!!!!!!! I have to take mine off to. If they arent sticking out like Minnie Pearl they irritate my skin.

Peggy: I have the test coming up also. But I dont know what it is called either. Takes 6 months to get scheduled for it here, anyways.

Maria: Loved the joke! How are the feet doing?

Salvika: Glad you got your Puter back. Hope it keeps working. The dipped Veggies sound good.

Glenda: Same here. It was over 100 at the first of the week and then dropped down to 75 the next day. Wish it would make up its mind!

Well its way past my bed time so I best be getting there. Have to WI tomorrow and dont want to miss!

Later!

slavika
10-06-2001, 01:34 PM
Hi Everybody
We are leaving shortly for the lake. Maria is your Thanksgiving this weekend like ours or is yours like the Americans or maybe it's at a different time all together.
My Dear Friend Trudy I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving and I will see you at Tea Time on Tuesday. :) :)

Hope you all have a great weekend, and I will talk to you on Monday, when we get home. Bye now.

flaggies
10-06-2001, 10:20 PM
To Trudy and Slavika
Happy Thanks Giving

We don't have such a thing as 'Thanks Giving', it seems a rather nice tradition. My understanding is that you spend Thanks Giving with family and friends. The closest to that would be Xmas that we spend with family and friends but I would imagene you would do that as well.

DH and I went for a drive yesterday and went to look at some furniture shops, my feet held up pretty well but I have decided today to keep my feet up again.:(

It is a bit of a miserable day, rain and windy so I will just hone my skills playing canasta on-line:D

Hi to everyone hope you all have a good day

Cheers
Maria

Geri
10-06-2001, 11:58 PM
Maria, sounds like a plan to me. Do you play spades? I do that at yahoo.com

Trudy
10-08-2001, 02:02 AM
We spent today with my entire family.... not too many of us left, just the 8 of us. My DD and her DH were able to join us. It was really nice, especially in light of the news of the day. We were very "Thankful" to all be together. The meal is turkey with all the fixings and pumpkin pie for dessert. Very traditional....and delicious. Tomorrow we are invited out to my DH's Sis for another dinner. Don't mind at all if we have turkey again... :lol:
Maria you have to tell me how you get to play Canasta on line. I love :love: Canasta. There used to be 6 of us who would get together on a regular basis to play, but due to illness with a couple of the friends we don't do it anymore. I found the game place, but wasn't able to access the Canasta. I have found another game I like called Alchemy at MSN Zone, the same place that has Bejewelled and Atomica. I never could understand how anyone could sit at a PC and play games, and now I am doing just that. :rolleyes:
Geri I guess I will try out Spades too.. :D We have just learned a new card game, a Solitare game that can be played with 4 people. This one is played with money involved. I won $3.23 one night :) ...not exactly high stakes, but lots of fun.

I can't believe that it actually snowed here on Friday afternoon, the weatherman called it "snow showers", .. :lol: it was a complete white out. It all melted and it has been quite nice since, but that was quite a shock to everyone. Guess it is time to put away the summer clothes and bring out the warmer duds.

Well it is late and I should get to bed... have a good day tomorrow.

flaggies
10-08-2001, 02:32 AM
http://cardgamecentral.com/ and the other one is http://games.yahoo.com/. I haven't tried the first one yet but will do so later this afternoon.
My dh cannot believe I enjoy playing the games, I have now realised why! DH is always so serious when we play any card game, I just play for a bit of fun and that annoys him, especially when I don't particularly care if I win or not.:dizzy:

Geri I haven't played 'spades', I don't know the game but that doesn't mean I cannot have a go :D something to keep in mind if I get sick of canasta.

What can I say, we woke up with the news that the USA has started the strikes in Afghanistan. I guess we all knew this would happen (and a very good reason why it is happening) nevertheless it is sad and I just hope that the outcome will be what we hope it to be, an end to terrorism.

Hi to everyone else.
Cheers
Maria

painter5
10-08-2001, 04:30 PM
Hi Everyone, It is quiet here today. Guess everyone is watching or listening to the goings on. I was gone most of the weekend. Went on another Longaberger bus trip to the factory and town Saturday. I didn't buy anything but if you could have seen all these women with shopping bags I'd say the economy is booming there. We went to a Renaissance Festival yesterday. There was a whole village set up and all the people were dressed up in costume. I looked totally out of place in my pumpkin sweatshirt. We watched a jousting match. There are all kinds of things to see and shows to watch. The men had no trouble watching all the fair maidens with their low cut necklines although the ones with tatoos didn't look the part. I love to play canasta. I sub in 2 different groups although last week I won the booby prize. I will have to go check the yahoo site. Trudy I can't bellieve that you had snow already. Snow is a four letter word here. You would laugh at Ohioans when we get just a dusting. The stores are sold out of bread and milk. People panic. I don't know how they would handle all the snow that you all get. I have to run, see you all later. Maria take care of your feet. Don't do too much. Peggy

slavika
10-08-2001, 06:02 PM
:wave: Hello Everybody
We got home a short while ago. DH had wanted to cut the grass on Saturday morning BEFORE we left for the lake but some of the snow stayed on the ground so he couldn't. He is already out there cutting it now. :)

As we drove closer to the lake which is only about 30 miles or so, we quickly realized that they got much more snow then we did. The cars all had snow on top of the roof, that were COMING from the direction in which we were travelling. :eek: I had prepared a "Oriental Chicken Casserole" for us all to eat on Saturday night for dinner and the dessert. We had at lovely evening at our friend's cottage, just sitting around the fireplace, having a couple of drinks after dinner and talking. The next day (Sunday) my friend got the turkey stuffed and we worked together to get the rest of Thanksgiving meal prepared. It was a lovely dinner and we all took turns talking about the things we were most thankful for. With so much going on in our world right now, we are indeed very fortunate. :)
My friend gave me the turkey carcass, and a bunch of the left over turkey and I already have it on the stove simmering for "Turkey Soup". It will do both DH and I both good to eat a little lighter for the next couple of days.
Maria I told my friend at the lake today that I had asked when your Thanksgiving was and then said to her, "maybe they don't celebrate Thanksgiving". It really is a lovely holiday. Glad your feet are doing ok, and that you are resting them. How does it work when you move from place to place and take your computer with you. Do you hook up to the server that supplies the whole condo or do you apply for your own server. Sorry that my knowledge is so limited. The reason I am asking is that I might buy a second hand lap top computer from my friend's Son and then take it with me when I go to Hawaii....but I was wondering about the hook up??????
Trudy I am happy that your Thanksgiving was nice.....I guess you and I will really have to buckle down so that we can get weighed in at the end of this month. YIKES!
Peggy when DH saw the snow he said that if he was retired we would have already left for warmer places. LOL I don't know about that, I think I would like to spend Christmas here with my family and friends before going south for the remainder of the winter.
Talk to you all later.

Lizziepie
10-08-2001, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone: Boy, I've missed a lot. I had a post all done last night and got booted off the net, and it was late so just didn't go back.

[B]HAPPY THANKSGIVING Slavika and Trudy

Maria: Great Joke. We'd have rednecks and yankees here is Florida. Glad your feet are making progress. Do they itch. Usually healing internally makes one want to scratch. I need to snap a big rubber band too. Especially, when I put back 1# this week. I'm into the yoyo syndrome I guess!

Slavika: Glad you pc is up and running again. Your recipe sounds good. Did your family like it at camp? Your princess outfil sounds adorable. You'll have to post a picture.

Trudy: Your Thanksgiving feast sounds like ours. I love turkey and could eat it a lot, by it is not my dh's favorite, so we don't have it often. Did you ever try Sweet Potato pie? That is really good too.

Glenda: Like the sound of your yard decorations. Patriotic and autumn/Halloween at the same time.

Hi Karen, Geri, Lily, Peggy. My dh is taking me out to eat so must leave for now. :wave: Ann

flaggies
10-08-2001, 09:15 PM
Go to the new thread 'gals';) (for Slavika's benefit :D )

See you there.

Maria