Support Groups - 20-somethings Unite!

View Full Version : 20-somethings Unite!

Seren Dee
10-02-2001, 09:07 PM
Welcome back, girls!! Thanks for following me over. As I've said, I hope we can make this a permenant place for our little group.

Today... it was ok. I did well for breakfast, but the receptionist at work bought me a cheeseburger from Mc D's cause I was complaining about not having any monies! I didn't mean for her to buy me lunch! I woulda been just fine waiting til dinner. But it was awfully sweet of her.

Then, for supper, my mom took me out. I ate quesadillas. I know... bad, bad seren!! But it's not often anymore that i get to go out to dinner with her. And she's wanting to get back on it too.. so that should do us some good, I hope:D

I had plans for this evening to get my boyfriend to go biking with me on this "mini" bike trail through my housing area... but I forgot he had band practice tonight. :( (I'll get over it!!) I was willing to go by myself, but by the time my mom and I got home, it was too dark.

And unfortunately, it's just *not* my week to lose weight. Its gonna make it more difficult to start out again on *that* week!

OK! I've rambled on lots! So I'll let someone else speak now!;)

Thanks!
Seren Dee

wenwella
10-02-2001, 10:20 PM
Hey there!

No worries about today. . . just start tomorrow. . LOL I know we tend to say that alot. . but tomorrow really is another day. .

I did well today. . I have plans to go to the gym tomorrow again and I'm working nights the next two nights. . so that'll kill any exercise plans cause I'm a lazy bum when I'm on nights!

Talk to ya soon!

Gracenote
10-03-2001, 12:39 AM
Hey everyone,

*sigh*

I really miss you guys and the website... my schedule has been crazy this week and I am still trying to get adjusted to school. i haven't exercised at all this week, unless you count the walking around university campus in between classes, to the bus stop, to the book store, and... everywhere... i guess that counts, but it relaxes me to have a real workout with stretches and a nice shower afterwards. I miss that right now. i want to do something for myself...

i've still been eating alright, but until my schedule becomes regular, i won't be able to get up that extra hour earlier to exercise.

to everyone ((((((((((((((((hugs!!!!!!))))))))))))))))) and i hope you are all doing great!! if you're not, pick yourself up and ask "why am I not giving this my full effort? why is this important to me?" review your goals and why exactly you want to lose the weight. I try to do this daily and it has really helped me stay on track.

Well, time to read some shakespeare!! (i'm not complaining, I love it!)

~Nancy

HappyAl
10-03-2001, 07:53 PM
Hi,

Well so far I've been doing well on my diet. I haven't had any calorie-filled colas or greasy cheesburgers yet. However tonite I'm going to eat out. Hopefully I'll find something remotely healthy. Oh and as far as exercise goes, I go to very large university, which makes nice walking distance back and forth to classes and I have aerobics twice a week. I need to do more but its hard to find the time with classes and all. Well, ttyl.

~Allen

wenwella
10-04-2001, 05:16 PM
Hey guys. . I'm back on track :) finally :) :) :) :) jumping with joy. .

I've lost 2 lbs this week, guess there is something said for me actually getting off my lazy butt and working out again. I've been really trying to stay within my points as well. . .its difficult working nights and having a junk food filled cart sitting at the end of the desk. . but I've challenged myself not to touch it again. It never bothered me for 6 months and then I fell off the wagon so to speak a few nights. . well now its back on track. . . soooo close to goal I can feel it.

:cool::cool:

lucylost
10-04-2001, 10:27 PM
Hello everyone,

I am a 24 year old female who has lost 33 lbs and has between 85 and 100 lbs left to lose. 85 according to my doctor, 100 according to me! :dizzy: I may change my mind when I get closer to goal.

I am glad to see a thread for 20-somethings. I regularly post on another board and will continue to do so, but I hope to also start reading/posting on this one.

I work full time at the university I graduated from and exercise daily (even if only for 10 minutes.)

Talk to you all later,

Kim

Jaedee77
10-06-2001, 12:57 PM
Hi Kim, great to have you here. I too am 24, lost about 25-30 pounds so far and still need to lose another 30-40. Nights and weekends are my biggest weaknesses when it comes to food. Exercising I am doing pretty good at so far. Well welcome and glad to see that you posted.
--Jeannine ;)

lucylost
10-06-2001, 06:01 PM
HI Jeannine,

Unlike most people, I have an easier time on weekends! (Because I get up later and therefore eat less). My day is less structured too, so I get to be more freeform as to when I want my meals.

- Kim

melhoward
10-07-2001, 08:56 PM
Sorry, I've been away. This has been a very hectic week for me. It is nice to be back on the boards. The weekends are always more difficult for me because I seem to get the munchies. So the muchies were big time today. Yesterday I went whitewater rafting with some friends so I went over in points but I also got in quite a bit of exercise. It was so much fun but I am a bit sore today.

It is nice to see new faces here, so welcome to all. I hope to write more soon. Have a good week.

:) Melissa

HappyAl
10-07-2001, 10:51 PM
Hello ladies,

Well I haven't done so great yesterday(Saturday). I went to an amusement park and of course there is nothing healthy to eat there so I basically told myself that I would just splurge that day. I ate Chicken fingers and fries early on and a BBQ wrap and fries later that nite. But I ate both with diet coke:^: I must say I had a great time though and of course did a lot of walking, so that was a positive thing. Oh, I've done ok today and expect to get right back on track tomorrow. Wish me luck.

~Allen

Seren Dee
10-08-2001, 07:35 AM
Things are still not going well for me. I am up to 240 this morning. I haven't been up to that in well over a year!!! Geez, what am I doing to myself!? This sucks because I'm trying to be good and do what I should, but it's just not working!!

I hope everyone else is having better luck than myself.

Seren

wenwella
10-08-2001, 04:31 PM
Hey guys, hope everyone had a good weekend.

Things are going well with me, I'm officially with 6lbs (again) of my goal weight and totally remotivated. My bday is in 2 weeks and I'd like to hit goal by then :) I think I can, I think I can. .

Did okay this weekend, despite it being Thanksgiving and eating way more than I should have. Oh well, today I'm back on program, gotta splurge once in awhile. I'm working tonight and tomorrow night and then have plans for the gym the rest of the week.

Hang in there all, we can do this :)

Sol_solved
10-09-2001, 02:19 AM
Hi guys!

Tell me that it isnt too late to join this group! I really loved your threads and they're full of motivation (a.k.a. what I've been lacking lately).

Ok, my name is Sol, & live in Argentina. I am 19 (I know, not a twenty-something :D but I am close, I am close! just 8 more months, and if we count the 6 and a half months I spent in my mom's uterus, I am almostttt 20!). I cant avoid mentioning.. I've been engaged for almost two months now!! (can you see my face of happiness?! :D)

After this yummy and calorie filled weekend my tyrannic scale reads 159 pounds. In these two years I have started college I have managed to lose 18 pounds just by wishing it hard :D. nah, i just hope it was that. Anyway, since I moved alone things are much easier and I am losing weight happily. However, I want to see 22 more pounds disappear from me soon so that I finally stop worrying about being chubby, fat, or whatever. I am 5 ft 8,9 btw, and my BMI is 23.78 right now. I want a 20.64 BMI.

I am going to start a special diet. It is not a weight loss thingie, but a lil something I've been wanting to try. I'll try to make it short: in Yoga food is divided in to three categories: Sattva, Raja and Tamas. The ideal is to eat mainly sattva, some raja and avoid tamas. This is what i'll try because i really see the difference not only in my body but in my mind & spirit (as illogical as that could sound). That and also go on drinking 2 litres of water in one sitting somewhere during the day, and walking.

Ok, ok, i dont want to bore anybody, and congratulations for all your paths so far!

:spin:

..:Sol:..

PS:Ahhhhhh and one more thing, I am a vegetarian! (and no, when i cant resist and eat some chicken anyway doesnt mean i forgot it :D hahahah)

159/159/137

wenwella
10-09-2001, 04:25 PM
Welcome to our thread Sol, we are happy to have you. . .

Been a good day on program for me, I've walked twice, which I don't normally do when I'm working nights. . and stayed within my points, which is generally not a problem, although I did succumb to temptation last night at work and ate 2 teeny tiny chocolate marshmallow cookies :) Gotta live :)

Anyways, happy Monday to all, and a big welcome to Sol!

lucylost
10-10-2001, 02:40 AM
Hi Sol,

I am new here too AND I too got engaged recently!!!!! August 14th, when did you? I have a lot more weight to lose than you (80 according to doctor, 95 according to me), but weight loss is hard no matter where you start.

Well, I am glad to here that everyone managed to survive the weekend and is still here even after splurges. I had the worst day in two months yesterday, but I am fine today.

What type of exercise do you all do?

- Kim

Seren Dee
10-10-2001, 07:47 AM
Hey, everyone! Welcome to those who have just joined us!

Things are going alright for me recently. I have started taking my lunch. Yesterday I did well until the study group at Denny's.

But that's ok because I'm down to 235 this morning. I think most of it was probably water weight. I just hope the other 20 lbs I gained back is too :D Yeah, yeah... not gonna happen.

Ok, I was just checking in. I hope everyone has a good day!

Seren

Sol_solved
10-10-2001, 01:26 PM
Hi everybody!

Thanks for welcoming me. Ummm these two days were quite bad :D Probably the 3 chocolates I ate yesterday wont help much to lose weight. Anyway, today's a new day and I'll start over. At least, even of I didnt lose, I didnt gain either. I neeeed to wake up earlier and drink my 2 litres of water! I will try to focus on that this week.

And Kim, I got engaged on October 18th. When are you getting married? I feel so excited about anything wedding-related! Too bad that Ganesh (my FI) is 5000 km from me now :( Anyway, I wish you two the best.

159/159/137

Sol_solved
10-11-2001, 12:03 PM
Just wanted to say, I lost 2,2 lbs :)

159/156/137

wenwella
10-11-2001, 12:16 PM
wtg Sol, I'm down about that much as well. . I was in a gaining mode there for a bit, but the scale is once again moving in the right direction. . .

:) Gotta love it!

You are gaining on me, I'm at 153 :)

melancholiac
10-15-2001, 03:44 PM
Hey.. i'm not 20 something yet.. i'm 19.. but i'm a second year college student - and trying to lose weight -- so that gets me in, right??

anyhow.. i haven't much time to write in this post.. i've got to get to the gym (i just ate a handful of cookies.. before t hose i was thinking of skipping hte gym today.. but now i'm not!) .. anyhow.. like i said, i'm 19, i live in richmond, VA.. and i, like you, am tired of food controlling my life!!

i'll talk to you guys later, thanks seren

147/143/130?

silly_al
10-20-2001, 02:43 PM
I'm also a 20-year-old college student and dieting is the source of a lot of pressure in my life. I get very frustrated when I gain weight while everyone around me eats the same garbage and stays in their size 6 jeans. I've become somewhat more comfortable with my body since I've gotten older, but I don't want this to be how I look forever. I want to be thinner, even if it's only down to 140 or 150. Right now, I'm probably somewhere between 190-200 and just cannot stop gaining weight.

My biggest problem is knowing how to eat in this environment. There is nothing good near my University and cooking is really not an option. What have other people found works? What types of food do you guys eat out?

I'm making 5 small goals for myself to begin with this post:
1) get to the gym at least 4 times a week (no exceptions)
2) drink only one carbonated beverage a day (this causes me to retain all sorts of water)
3) do not eat past 8 p.m.
4) get up and walk every morning for 45 minutes

Some of these will actually be hard because I feel so apathetic half the time, but when I do start feeling really bad about my weight, it hits me like a ton of bricks and I just want it to go away.

Good luck to everyone else....and let me know what specifically you guys find is working?

Gracenote
10-20-2001, 05:06 PM
Hey Ladies!

I know everyone must be so busy. But you know what? It's SATURDAY!

Well, to tell you all the truth, I dropped all my classes this quarter and I'm looking for a full time job. My wedding date is almost set for March 3!!!!! I'M FINALLY GETTING MARRIED! God willing, of course.

So I bought some great finds at the market!! 1 point fat free ball park franks, 1 point kraft free slices of sharp cheddar, and 1 point bologna! The hot dog buns are more than the franks!! Well, now I can actually eat and be FILLED. That's my biggest problem lately. I just eat whatever is around the house and my points are all gone so quickly that I end up taking a few bites here and there and then just giving up for the day.

Well, come back and post ladies! Just a one-liner would be great!

~Nancy

melhoward
10-20-2001, 06:45 PM
I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Things have been very crazy here lately. I am working more hours now, and that is a good thing. The only problem is that it prhibits me from getting to the gym on those days. I just run out of time. I did get to the gym today and I enjoyed my workout. I need to find something different to do with my workout because I am getting bored with it. I have been doing the elliptical machine for quite awhile, and now I just don't like it as much. Part of my reason for liking it is because I really burn a lot of calories when I am on in with less time. I find that the treadmill only gives me about 300 calories in 30 min and the elliptical gives me over 400 in the same amount of time.

Anyway, that is where I am right now. I have also lost a bit of my motivation so I am trying to get myself re-energized so that I stick with the program. I am down 46 pounds so that is very exciting for me. I really want to get the the 50 pound mark. I want to get much much below that but it is my first goal.

I hope everyone is doing well.

silence
10-21-2001, 11:52 AM
Been searching these boards for a motivational group and I stumbled upon y'all. Hoping I can join in and get a boost here.
I am 26 and from North Carolina atm (maybe Arizona real soon).

I started my 'diet' aka 'lifestyle change' last February. So far, I've lost 40 pounds! But I still want to lose at least another 25-30, if not more...

Problem is, the motivation I had in the beginning is fading.. I'm currently sitting at 155 pounds and I'm stuck!

I was aiming for 1400-1600 calories a day.. but not one day has gone by in the last month where I've actually stuck to it! I also own a treadmill and haven't stepped on it in like 2 months.. yikes!

I don't know where my motivation and self-control went and I don't know how to get it back!!

Any suggestions?

Christine
195/155/130

Gracenote
10-22-2001, 11:34 AM
Welcome Silence and Silly Al (Did you meet Happy Al?)!

Sounds like you both have great goals. I'm sure everyone would love to have you both post here :)

Everyone, I've gained a couple of pounds. I hope it's because I'm starting my period soon and not because I've been splurging WAY too much lately. But I really need to start losing again. I haven't exercised in over a week. And I haven't exercised regularly since before the beginning of October. I'm going to start again today. I may have to change my christmas wish soon, but I don't know if I will. I knew it was a long shot from the beginning, but I haven't been working hard enough. It's still not impossible, with 9 weeks left till Christmas I could lose less than 2 pounds a week and still meet my goal....

I have an interview at a Bridal Shop today, Demetrios, so I hope it goes well. And I hope it pays well. :)

Well, I've been doing a lot of thinking about the wedding. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is... the HONEYMOON. We're going to Harrison Hot Springs. If you've been there and you love it, tell me about it. I've you've been there and you don't like it, don't tell me about it. You'll crush my dreams! (Can you tell that someone already did that to me?)

Alrighty, have a great OP day!!

~Nancy

HappyAl
10-22-2001, 04:14 PM
Hi All,

And a special hello to silly al and silence. Silence I'm going to college in NC and have lived here all my life. So its cool we're both currently in NC. Oh yeah, its my birthday (thanks Gracenote) and also my first weigh in day. I thought I'd do it 'officially' once a month. So here it is....216. I've lost 6.5 lbs. Now if I can only stick strictly to my diet I might lose more, lol. I went home this weekend, home cooking, a possible deteriment to the college dieter. Plus they bought me cake. Then I come back yesterday and my main squeeze has bought me cake, ice cream and coolwhip...ahhh. Fortunely I left without him noticing I hadn't taken any of it with with me. :s:
I've decided to start weighing in every week because I'll be able to track my weight better. BTW I'm not on WW or anything. I'm trying the freestyle thing. The only depressing thing about my weighing in is that at one point this month I weighed 213.5, but I guess I can blame the extra poundage on this weekend. Maybe I'll take a trip to the gym this evening after glee club practice. We'll see. Good luck ladies, 'til next time.

~Allen

Sol_solved
10-22-2001, 08:38 PM
Well, I've lost another 4 lbs what makes me 15 lbs far from my goal. But this lose has been because I am very stressed and almost depressed and not eating anything lately... Anyway, tomorrow has to be a better day, right? And besides, it will be my first anniversary with my fiancÚ!

I hope I can go back to being who I used to be.

..:Sol:.

159/152/137
(72.5/69/62.5)

melancholiac
10-22-2001, 10:39 PM
Hey guys..

Well, I went to the gym yesterday and spent an hour on the elliptical machine.. and then spent 30 minutes on it today.. and 15min on the stationary bike.. I don't know.. I've just been kinda.. 'feelin the blues' lately.. i'm not sure why.. I wrote down my goals and how i plan on achieving them in a notebook.. and i'm determined to write down everything I eat..

I don't have much to lose.. i weigh either 143 or 147 (two different scales).. and I want to weigh around 127 or 130.. So.. its not like I have far to go! It just seems so hard though.. My goal for now (since it seems SOOO hard to lose a drop of weight) is a pound a week. I decided I DON"T CARE if it takes me 20 weeks to lose 20 lbs.. I just need to start moving in the right direction..

When ever i 'feel' overweight or fat.. I have a hard time functioning, does anyone have this problem? If i don't 'feel' pretty or attractive, its almost impossible for me to be intimate or even feel comfortable around my boyfriend. Hes been my boyfriend for two years.. and never once has said anything about my appearance other than I am perfect the way I am and have no rason to call myself fat.. so.. don't think its pressure from him.. its just me! If i look in the mirror and despise what I see.. i just shut down.. on at least some level... I just really don't like how it affects my intimate life, you know? and when i say intimate.. i mean just the very basics.. just being able to goof around and not feel self conscious that i'm fat and ugly..

I don't know. I just need to get ahold of this body/self image thing.. Its really wearing me down and occupies TOO much of my time.. I just wish this weight would COME OFF already! I feel like it is a weigh waying me down.. prohibiting me from feeling more liberated and at ease with myself and the people around me.

Ugg.. sorry, baggage i know.. but maybe one of you guys can relate..

jessica

today = 143-147?/ h = 5'7'' / goal = 127!!

Seren Dee
10-23-2001, 07:56 AM
Jessica-- I know *exactly* what you mean!! If I feel fat on a particular day, my whole day is ruined!! Not only that, but it hurts my willpower! Cause I'm just like "Screw it!! It's not working, so I'm gonna eat whatever I wanna eat!!" Then I feel bad for it later.

Here's the problem, tho...I got all the way down to 214. I'm back up to 240. Every day is a "fat" day for me... *every* day. I don't know what to do about it. I know... that's why we're here... but it's just so much easier to grab a bit to eat as I rush from school to work. Otherwise, I get sick because I skip breakfast *and* lunch. Hmm... I feel like I could do that for about 3 months and still be ok... whatever :rolleyes:

I know I've not been here for awhile. But there have beennew developments in my health (like I need that). Yeah, I went to the doctor and they drew blood. I passed out and started convulsing. Yep, that was a day in the ER. (I'm ok.)

Ok, I've rambled on way way too much, and I've got class... I'll post again later!

Seren Dee

ps. Any suggestions as to how to get me out of the rut I'm in will be welcomed and greatly appreciated!!

melhoward
10-23-2001, 08:20 PM
I understand where you guys are coming from. I've been doing great for awhile on WW and lately I have hit sort of a wall. I was so motivated and energized at first and now I am like...whatever. I don't know where it went but I do so desperately want it back and I want to be thinner than I am now. I haven't been journaling or even counting points. I've only been somewhat careful of what I have been eating. I start my day out trying to be good and then on the drive home from work I say what the heck. By the time I get home for dinner I don't even bother. I am also bored at the gym, so that doesn't help matters. Would anyone be interested in sharing journals through email or in our posts. Maybe that would help us, knowing we would need to post. I don't know, I am just hoping to find a solution. I think I am going to ask my WW leader to look at my journal next week. My meeting is tomorrow and maybe that will help to get me back on track. Please keep posting and venting what you need to. Many of us are having difficulties and it is always good to share good days and bad.

Jibbelle
10-24-2001, 10:10 AM
Hello all! I am a 27 year old female and I am using the LA Weight Loss plan. Glad to see there are other twenty somethings around here! I am in need of some motivation and thought maybe this thread would be a good place to get it.

Good luck to all and take care.

Gracenote
10-24-2001, 11:51 AM
Hey Jibbelle! Welcome to our group! :wave:

Mel,
I would love to share journals. I don't know if anyone else is on WW here but I would also love to share points if no one minds. My range is between 22 and 27 points. I will share yesterday's pointage:

Breakfast (actually lunch because I woke up late): Fat free Oscar Meyer Hot Dog (1 point) with bun (2 points) and a banana (2 points)

Midday: (OH NO!! I thought Burger King's Cheeseburgers and McDonald's Cheeseburgers had the same number of points!!!) 2 BK Cheeseburgers (18 points!!!.. i thought they would be 12 points.)

Dinner: A little bit of lasagna (6 points)

Then I got sick at night and threw up something. I think it was the lasagna but I saw some sesame seeds in there, so who knows. :rolleyes: Then I had some juice to calm my stomach down, and it worked well... (2 points)

So... 5 + 18 + 6 + 2 - 4 = 27 points (I will consider it an OP day anyway)

Exercise: none except for trying on some wedding dresses...

take care all, thanks for the great idea mel!
~Nancy

melancholiac
10-24-2001, 04:44 PM
the last post i wrote was a bit dreary.. i was unhappy and a little hopeless.. but i've been doing pretty good the past few days.. and staying within my points.. I've even been having luck with not bingeing at night.. (a major problem for me).. So.. when i went to the gym today.. and went on those evil scales that weighed me in higher than the ones i usually weigh on.. it said 144. something instead of 147.. so thats good!

my points range is like.. between 18 - 23.. so far today i've had a
bannana = 2 points, and a subway veggie sub = 4 points.. and i'm not even hungry right now! (and its 4:30).. so i'll probably wait till dinner to have.. and i figure i'll have beans and rice or pasta..

something i think that helps me from binging at nite (if anyone else has this problem) is eating beans.. Yes.. beans. I really like beans.. like.. pinto beans or split peas or 15 bean soup.. it really stays with you and makes you full.. for some reason I like feeling full when i go to bed.. i don't know why.. and that isn't all that healthy to do.. but.. i guess a tummy full of fiberous and protein rich beans is better than a box full of fatening, artery clogging cookies..

take care everyone!
love jessica

(p.s... if we're doing this for ourselves.. lets do it well!)

Gracenote
10-24-2001, 11:02 PM
Hey ladies,

just checkin in... here's my daily food journal:

Cereal (4 points)
6-inch Turkey Sub with mustard (5 points)
McDonald's Cheeseburger (6 points)
McDonald's Cone (3 points)
2 slices toast and fat-free Kraft Single Cheddar Slice (3 points)
2 unbaked cookies.. mmmmm... (4 points, well worth it)

Total: 25 points

Well, That's about it for today! Take care all, and hope to see more posts tomorrow!

~Nancy

melancholiac
10-25-2001, 10:22 PM
sorry for making anyone feel like crap. really nancy i am.. one should only give advice when its asked for.. and then only when its done with compassion.. i'm sorry nancy.. i hope i didn't ruin your day or hurt your feelings too badly.. you seem to have responded spiritedly.. hopefully thats a sign that you have a strong character and not hurt by my unthoughtful remarks.. i'm sorry. out of respect for you and everyone else here i'll just stop posting...

take care

jess

Sol_solved
10-25-2001, 11:23 PM
Ummm I guess that most of you are in a WW plan, well, there's no WW here in Argentina, so I just go back to the ol' calorie and fat grams count, bear with me :-)

Finally I found my head and started eating sensibly (well, kinda). Today:

Breakfast:
A banana, 1 cup of Oat cereal (100% of Folic Acid and Iron needs), an apple juice
474 Kcal 4g of fat

Lunch:
Watermelon and scrambled omega-3 egg with corn flakes and seasalt
155 Kcal 6g of fat

Snack:
A small apple, a glass of Iron-rich 1,5% fat milk, an alfajor
389 Kcal 9g of fat

Dinner
protein whole wheat noodles with 2 poached egg whites, a tangerine
264 Kcal 1g of fat

Total: 1283 Kcal, 20g of fat (14%) 47g of protein (15%) 239g of Cabohydrates (71%)
I ate 4 fruits today, yipee! No veggies yet, I know, but most veggies have too strong taste for me so I am trying to get used to them slowly. I will buy some lettuce this weekend, though. The only bad choice was the alfajor, but yay! I needed carbs after the apple, I should buy some 0% fat crackers :-).
I am hoping to get to < 150 on Monday! My lowest weight ever has been 147. I can┤t wait to be there!

Take care, people.

Sol.

159/152/137 --> Next Goal: 147 In November 1st!

wenwella
10-26-2001, 02:04 PM
Hey guys
What a yucky day in SW Ontario. . isn't it toooo early to be snowing? I'm thankfull I don't live in those places that got dumped on with the snow. . its soooo tooo early. . LOL can you tell I dislike snow?

Its been awhile since I've posted, my motivation has been slacking so bad. . .I seem to have hit the 55lbs mark and decided that was okay to stay at this weight (152-155) depending what scale I weigh in on. . ppl look agast when I tell them I want to go another 10 or so, but I need a cushion cause I bounce around alot. I've been sorta sticking on program, last weekend was my birthday and I totally blew it and the last few days have been busy and I've pulled two 24 hrs stints. . so its hard to stick to 18-23 points when you are up for 24 hrs. . virtulously impossible actually. . Now I'm writing a book here. . thought I better get my butt posting again cause I seem to find motivation here as well. . and get back to some seriously journaling. . LOL I've been thinking if I didn't write it down I could pretend I didn't eat it. . what do you think? Will it work?

Hope everyone is having a good day!

melhoward
10-27-2001, 10:44 AM
I am sorry I haven't been here. I mentioned posting journals and then my days got away from me. The weekends are definitely hard so I will post my food for the weekend. I will just go back and edit this message (if I can) as the day passes so that it will log my food. I am on my way to the gym and the store now, but we are having friends over later to watch a football game and we are planning on having chili - this is one of my favorite dishes. I hope I can make it through the day, preferably at the lower end of my points range which is 26-31.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal - 2, raisins - 1,

Lunch:
popcorn -2

Dinner:
pretzels - 3
chili - ground beef/turkey/beans - 12
pasta - 8

Snacks:
PB skinny cow - 3

Total:31 (oh well, high end today)
Good luck to all and have a great weekend!

Seren Dee
10-27-2001, 02:40 PM
Hey, guys! Well, yesterday was the infamous 21st birthday... I'm still alive, hangover-free! :)

Now I'm ready to start my diet again... so here's to a new beginning!

Seren

melhoward
10-27-2001, 08:33 PM
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to you....
Happy Birthday to Seren Dee...
Happy Birthday to you.....

I hope it was a happy one. Is it a good thing or a bad thing that you don't have a hangover? Did you have a good day? Welcome back, come and join us again

Seren Dee
10-28-2001, 12:33 PM
Ok, I had this big long reply but then accidentally closed the window!! But here's the thing...

I'm Motivated right now!! Today is my day to start over!! I'm 240 lbs. This is where I start. We need to help each other get/stay motivated!! Any suggestions? Yes, journal-posting is good! Not only will it help you stay on track knowing that everyone will look, but but it will give others ideas!!

Thank you for the happy birthday! Things went really well!! It was also my cousin's birthday! (She turned 21 three days before I did, so we celebrated in style together!!)

I think I'm going to set up a bio page and start a new thread because this one's getting old!!

Thanks again!
Seren

melhoward
10-28-2001, 12:47 PM
Seren - I am glad to hear that you are motivated. I wish I was. I'm not completely unmotivated, but I wish I were more motivated. When I am done reading posts I am going to go through all of my WW material and try to get myself remotivated and give myself new food ideas.

Today's journal
B: oatmeal - 4, raisins - 1
L: crackers - 1, tortillas - 4, salsa - 0, chili - 5
S: popcorn - 1, caramel rice cake - 1
D: HC soup - 1, chicken - 3, potato - 2, carrots - 1
D: skinny cow - 2
Total:26

wenwella
10-28-2001, 03:35 PM
Okay, I forgot my food journal at my moms, so I'll do them online till I get it back. . in two weeks. . I've been cheating in a big bad nasty way and need to get back on track. . just bought two new pair of jeans and need to make them fit a wee bit better, got them on the tight side :)

Today -
2 small pancakes (5pts)
4 Toquito things. . I'm guessing 2 pts each (8 pts)
Cheerio snack mix (1pt)

14 pts so far, not too bad, just have to do dinner now, which is going to be chili made with ground turkey as opposed to ground beef.

wenwella
10-29-2001, 08:08 PM
Monday
Muffin -4pts
Chili -4pts
Roll -2pts
Banana pudding -2pts
Bite of aero chocolate -1pt
cheese and melba toast -4pts
salad -0pts
hot dog 0-fat 2pts
-----------------------------------