Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #19 - Special Holiday Edition

RosieKate
12-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Welcome to Back In Kindergarten #19!!:

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"--Jules

Happy Holidays!
:snow4:

RosieKate
12-02-2006, 11:50 AM
I hope no one minds that I started the new thread - I have the slowest DSL available and it was getting to be slow loading....
This site is pretty slow in general - may be time to go ad-free.

Michelle - so you find ad-free speeds up loading time? I'm glad you made it through the holiday with your family around you - it really does help. I love the picture of you and your daughters - all very pretty :)

Cristina - So glad to read that Josh was home - what a lovely way to spend Thanksgiving. Thank you for the card!

Jules - Thanks also to you for the lovely card. Both cards made me smile and certainly got me in a festive mood. I picked up some greens at Costco yesterday and now I have a lovely wreath on my front door and garlands over the fireplace. Sounds like your DD is in a very good place - that's great after having such a tough year. Her new BF sounds really nice...too bad the other guy didn't speak up sooner - oh well, as we say around here - you snooze - you lose. That sounds kind of flippant, but you know, if it's meant to be, it will happen..we just never know when it comes to love, do we?

Sassy - glad to see you posting - Sorry to hear about your back. I feel for you, as I have had my share of back pain. I hope it is improving and you are able to move around and get some exercise.

Susan - How did your week go? Hope you can stay at the temp job - it sounds much less stressful than the other one.

Hi to Sue, Bep, and anyone else reading this. I've got a bit of a cold and am feeling a little foggy, so forgive me if I left anyone out.

I maintained over the holiday, so I wasn't overly frustrated or excited at my group on Thursday. I am find that getting all the fruits and vegetables in every day to be challenging - and I like produce so you wouldn't think it would be hard. I've started focusing on eating my produce first before eating the protein and/or grains serving. It seems to help me not overeat those items....stay tuned to see if it works :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

FrouFrou
12-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Good Morning, ladies!:tree:

KATY...I didn't even realize the posts had gotten that high. My mind always seems to be elsewhere. You are welcome for the card, I think I forgot to include a picture. :doh: Glad you are getting in the spirit. So do you go to a meeting once a week? You must be doing good because you lost the four pounds and that is GREAT! And you maintained over the holiday so that is good as well. You are defiinitely off to a good start. Make sure and get plenty of rest so that cold doesn't get worse.

JULES...ahhh, hugs to Tony. :hug: :hug: If you wanna share his address I will send him a little something for Christmas. I've not mailed the stockings yet. Going to do that Monday or Tuesday so I can get something to him as well. Josh leaves in a week and it is going to be sad for me. He has enjoyed being home but I think Iraq has turned into his new home and he kind of misses it. Not so much Iraq itself but being with his buddies/Army brothers. It's his new family.

SASSY...hope your back is better today. :hug:

MICHELLE... hoping today is a good day for you. :hug:

Well, going to spend a little bit of time on the computer before heading upstairs to do some cleaning and laundry. We are supposed to go to this Cowtown Museum later this evening but not sure. With the snow melting it will be a muddy mess and I'd rather not drag the stuff in my car. Anyway...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day and weekend!
:present: :hohoho: :elf: :xcheer: :wreath: :rudolph: :ginger: :snowglo: :santa: :coolsnow: :clause: :candy:

Michelle
12-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi Katy...Thanks for the compliment on my picture if me with my daughters, it was on Thanksgiving. I took quite a few pictures and got many of them developed yesterday so I'm sending them in Christmas cards to all of my family in Iowa. Yes, the holidays are extremely difficult this year, and I haven't even started decorating for Christmas yet. We usually decorate the day after Thanksgivingm but I've just not been in the mood yet.:( I don't remember if the ad-free made my system faster, because you still have the ads when you first come to 3FC, because they don't disappear until you have actually signed on to your account. What I did like about the ad-free was that their was nothing popping up while you're on the site and the screen is so much larger without them.:dizzy: I think you're doing so good with your new plan, and maintain through Thanksgiving is great!;)

Jules...Enjoy your coffee and hope you have a good day!:hug:

Cristina...You snuck in while I was posting. I hope you don't work too hard with your housecleaning lol! That's what I'll also be doing today.

HELLO to all the rest of you wonderful ladies!!!:hug:

FrouFrou
12-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Okay, back for a few minutes...

Hi ya MICHELLE!:wave: I too like the picture of you and your daughters...I can see where they get their beauty. Oh, and don't worry...I won't be working too hard on the house, lol!

KATY...thanks for mentioning the ad-free...I went and signed up for 6 months and already it changed over. And...there is a difference in the speed. My computer is so slow and one day we will switch over to something else but this is so much better. You can try it for a week for $1 first to see if there is a difference or you like it better if you don't want to go for longer right off the bat.

Anyway, thought I would mention this before signing off.

Take care ladies and have a good one! :hug:

Michelle
12-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi Ladies -- I just wanted to say that we're so happy, because my younger DD received her acceptance letter in the mail today for her first choice college that we did the tour at last month. She was accepted in their Nursing program for Fall 2007, and there are only about 100 people that they accept each year for the Nursing program. This college is a private Catholic college, and it's so nice. She has taken all AP and Honors classes throughout high school, and her gpa right now is 3.94, and we're so proud of her. She is also on her fourth year of Spanish in high school, and she's going to keep taking it through college also. I just wanted to share this with everyone!:D

FrouFrou
12-04-2006, 05:12 PM
HI LADIES...

I'm so sad...I can't find my Christmas CD's. :( I got a few more places to look, I think but I have no idea what I've done with them. May have to go buy new ones.

MICHELLE...a big CONGRATULATION'S to your DD! :woo: :congrat: :congrat: :woo: I know how proud you guys must be!

HI SUSAN, KATY, JULES & BEP! :wave: Hoping all is well with you in your corner of the world.

Nothing much going on with me. Ran some errands this morning and wrapped some presents and that is about it. And, I don't plan on doing anything else today, lol! Going to be lazy until I have to cook dinner.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a great day!

Mom2Gaby
12-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Hi!!

Gaby and I went to see Beauty & the Beast on Sunday. It was wonderful. You should take the kids Katy! Gab was scared at first but she warmed up to the dark theatre.
I haven't weighed for a few days, I will tomorrow.
I take Gab to see about her tonsils tomorrow.
Thank you for the cards Cristi and Jules!!! Very sweet :)
Lovely picture Michelle - you look wonderful. :)

I better go and get to bed. Just wanted to say hello :)

FrouFrou
12-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi Ya Susan!

I LOVE Beauty and the Beast! Was it the movie or a play? I have the video that we bought years ago and watch it every now and then, lol. They did it on ice a few years ago but I never did see it. Hope all is well with Miss Gaby and her tonsils. None of my kids had theirs taken out, me either. And you are welcome for the card. Hope you are enjoying the holiday. :tree: :hohoho: :wreath: I'm trying to but think it will go downhill when Josh leaves. We'll see...

HI KATY, JULES. MICHELLE and BEP! And SASSY & SUE!Hoping you ladies are enjoying the holiday as well.

Nothing much going on with me. Got lots of errands done this morning/afternoon. Now working on getting laundry done. Put my ticker thing back up. Come Monday morning I am starting again. I didn't actually quit or give up, rather just taking a break while Josh was home. So going to get back on track then but starting it at what WI was this past Monday instead of the 202 I started at a while back. I will get where I need to be one day...baby steps. HA! I need to step it up a little, or maybe a lot. I don't want to be this weight much longer so...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a great day! :tree:

jules1216
12-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Stopping in really quick--we bought our tree tonight!! the lights are on and it looks so pretty--I am so much more in the Christmas mood this year--last year I was so depressed I didn't even get a tree.....

Michelle
12-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Hi Ladies...Thank you for the congrats on my daughter getting accepted into college, and also the compliments on my picture. You're all so kind!:hug: Today my baby turned 18 so we all went with her and she got her first tattoo, and then we went out for dinner at Red Robin. On Thursday, I have an appointment with the doctor that did my hysterectomy last year. Starting at the beginning of this year, I would have pain every now and then where my right ovary is, the only thing she left in. This summer it has gotten very painful a few times, but has gone away until yesterday. I was in so much pain yesterday that a couple of times I even doubled over and just moaned. She has also ordered an ultra sound, and I'm dreading that for sure!:devil: I've been putting this off, because if I have to have my other ovary removed, I will then have to be on hormone pills, and that's something that I don't want. We shall see what shows up on the test and what she has to say, but I'm a little nervous about it. I have really put this off for awhile now, but my daughter got very upset with me yesterday, because she said what if I might have ovary cancer, or something else, and she started crying, so I immediately got on the phone for an appointment.:(

RosieKate
12-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Michelle - I'm so glad you are getting it checked out pronto...the worrying just makes it worse. Congrats to DD on college AND turning 18! She's going to be one busy gal! What kind of tattoo did she get?

Jules - I have tree envy ;) I can't wait to get ours...this year I am really itching to decorate.

Cristina - I should put my ticker back up ....sometimes it helps to look at it everytime - kwim? I imagine you are all decorated and having lots of snow where you are... I just want to cuddle up by a fire, with the christmas lights glowing on the tree..... frantically knitting the "secret" sweater.....that really needs to be getting done soon lol

Susan - is Gaby excited about being in the Christmas play? My kids are in ours as well. This Sunday. I guess they are ready..neither have big roles this year, so it will be "mayhem in Bethlehem". Today J sings at the mall...so I'll trot out there for that.....

Well, not up to much other than knitting away when DH isn't around - really would like to get this done so it can go under the tree. Other than that, it housecleaning and ferrying the kids around to this and that. I've been doing ok with food this week. TOM started yesterday, so I drank some wine last night....but didn't overeat along with it - yay.

Have a great day everyone!

FrouFrou
12-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...so glad you are going to the doc. I tend to put things off as well sometimes. I need to find a new doc though...think that is why because she is new and not sure she knows much. She's always saying "Well, what do you want me to do? You tell me and we'll do it." Ummm, I want you to figure out what is wrong and give me something for it or fix it, duh. She's soo nice and I feel comfortable with her but she is flakey to say the least. Anyway, and yes, like Katy said...the worrying makes it worse. Yes, inquiring minds want to know...what did DD get for her first tattoo? Funny, my DD wanted one and I made her wait until she turned 18. She got a butterfly with a design on the sides that DS (Josh) drew up for her. It really is pretty, it's a purple butterfly. But I don't get the tats on the back where you can't see it. I like to see mine, lol.

JULES...yay! Glad you are getting in the Christmas spirit. I think getting a tree and decorating it is a GREAT start. :tree: and I bet it is very pretty. I love looking at the lights on them. I was looking at ours last night while I was cooking and thought how pretty it is with the white lights and all the red. :hohoho:

KATY...I do know what ya mean about seeing the ticker. I had taken mine off and then added it again. :dizzy: It does something to me when I see it all the time...I need to see it. And that's why I weigh weekly as well...to stay on top of it. Yes we are all decorated and snow? Did you say snow? I took some pictures and will add one. This is the most snow I've seen here in the almost 9 years I've been living here. The picture was early in the day when the snow first started so we got more on top of that. I'm glad it is finally melting. I love it for a day or two but then I have to get out in it and it is just messy, ick.

HI ya SUSAN! :wave: Hope you're having a good day, you and Miss Gaby.

Nothing much going on with me today. Josh and I are headed to the base in a little while to talk about getting power of attorney for him and his bonus that he never got. Then later on a trip with V to the foot doctor. But it is going to be a BEAUTIFUL day for sure! :sunny:

Take care ladies and I will chat with ya soon. :hug:

Michelle
12-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Hi Ladies...I have to leave here in about an hour to go get the dreadful ultrasound.:mad: I know I need to get this done and find out what's been giving me so much pain for awhile now. Then I go tomorrow for my appointment with my doctor and I'm hoping she'll have the ultrasound results by then.:o My DD got her tattoo on the top, a little to the side, of her left foot. She got a black swirly heart and on one of the hoops of the heart, there is three little hot pink flowers handing on it. It looks so cute on her, but still very sore today.:( I have four myself and thinking of getting another one whenever I finally lose all of my weight!:^:

KATY...You sound like you're doing great on your plan. Thank you for your kind words.:hug:

CRISTINA...Your DD's tattoo sounds really pretty. I also have a butterfly with many pretty colors in it. I love your home, it's so cute! I think the snow is so beautiful! Thank you also for your kind words.:hug:

HELLO to SUSAN, SUE, SASSY, JULES and anyone else I may have missed! Have a great day!!!:hug:

FrouFrou
12-07-2006, 02:48 AM
Hiya Michelle!

Ah, thank you. I like my cozy little home. The snow is pretty but it's almost all gone now. There's just a few spots here and there left.

DD's tattoo sounds nice. I bet that is a sensitive area to get one. So...what are your tattoos of? I have one on my ankle...it's a heart with a rose in memory of our baby Nathan. Also have his name under it. DH did a lily that said In Memory Of Nathan...it's really pretty but it was white and has already faded.

Hope the ultrasound went well today, rather yesterday. It's early morning and I'm not sure why I am up. Hope the doctors visit goes well today also and that she has the results of the US.

Don't have much planned for today. Doing the Wally World thing, early hopefully. I'm getting to where I don't want to get up early again...9 is early for me lately. Actually, I've been getting up around 8:30'ish and getting started with my day around 9'ish. Not a lot going on so...Monday I am headed back to It Figures. Haven't been there since Josh came home. Just don't want to miss a minute with him while he is here. He's probably sick of me but I know he will miss us when he leaves. Anyway...

Hope you have a good day today and the same to everyone else. Hope all is well with you and yours in your corner of the world. :hug:

Michelle
12-07-2006, 12:59 PM
HI CRISTINA...Yes, my DD said the tattoo on the foot is a very sensitive place to get the tattoo, but she loves it, and it is very cute. I have a butterfly with some flowers that go down into a v-shape on my right ankle, and thumper and a band around by left ankle. Your tattoo sounds so nice and what a loving thing to do in memory of your son, and your DH's tattoo also. I know your time is coming to an end with Josh, and I'm sure he's not tired of you at all! You're such a loving and kind person to everyone! I had the dreadful ultrasound done yesterday, and the technician said my doctor would definitely have the results back for my appointment late today. I just don't want to have to go on hormone pills, and someone on another thread already said they are horrible to be on too, which doesn't make me feel any better.:o Well I hope you have fun at Wally World, and I'll talk to you again soon!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
12-08-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey all!

Hope your all staying warm!!!!!!!!

:hug:

FrouFrou
12-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi ladies...

MICHELLE...your tattoos sound pretty. Hoping the ultra sound went well and you don't have to take the pills. I've only know two people who took them and not sure, but I don't think I've seen a change in them. My mother has taken them for quite a few years now. Maybe it just depends on the person and how it affects each one. I don't know...I'm no doctor for sure.

Hiya SASSY! Trying to stay warm here...it is so cold here too. Supposed to warm up some later today and especially tomorrow.

Well, I have tons to do today to prepare for tomorrow. We are having our Christmas Dinner since Josh is home. Can't believe it is here already and Josh will be leaving Monday morning, early. I've got some prep work to do, took the turkey out (probably should have done that yesterday) and have a cake to make and a pumpkin pie as well. I don't look forward to all this cooking...seems like Thanksgiving was just yesterday and I think I am still tired from that, lol! Later on we are headed to Old Cowtown...hoping it's not a muddy mess and all the snow has melted. We still have a little left in the back by the fence and in the front close to the house.

Hi to everyone else! Hope you all are staying warm.

Take care and I hope everyone has a good weekend!:hohoho:

Michelle
12-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi Ladies -- I just wanted to let you all know what my doctor had to say. Thank you all for your concerns and prayers!:hug: My doctor said that the ultrasound showed my ovary looked really good and nothing wrong with it then. She said the horrible pain I've had off and on could have been cysts that I've had, but when they rupture, then the pain goes away. She said that the horrible pain I had on Monday, and then that it just all the sudden went away, could have been a cyst that had burst, and it wouldn't show up in the ultrasound unless it hadn't burst yet. She said she will still do surgery on me to remove the ovary if I want to, it's my choice. She said cysts can keep coming and going. She's so booked up that she cannot even do surgery until Feb or March, so I can always change my mind if I decide to, but I would have to be on hormone pills after surgery. Also, she said the surgery isn't done vaginally, but she first tries to go through where she inserts the camera lapriscopically?? and if that won't work, she would then have to make an incision through my abdomen, which is still a very long healing process of atleast 4-6 weeks. I've got times to think about it, but when the pain does come, it's absolutely horrible!:hug:

jules1216
12-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Michelle--I like your new avatar!! When I was 30 I had more severe TOM's than usual and even had pain in between times. They did the ultrasound and it showed nothing. I had the out patient procedure with the scope to see if maybe it was endometriosis (sp?). He told me that if there were problems he would take out up to one ovary but not do a hysterectomy without waking me up to talk about it. Well it turned out that what they had thought was just a large ovary was a cyst the size of a lemon wrapped around my ovary and they removed my right ovary and the cyst. The recovery time wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had heard horror stories but because the incision is very small it isn't as bad as when they used to make a large one. I ended up with a few small incisions since they did remove the ovary. It did slow down my walking. I had been up to four miles a day and I just couldn't make it. I was tired longer than the 4-6 weeks but I was actually back to work in 4. They didn't have to remove everything so I didn't need any hormones. They did say if it was endometriosis that it would continue to be painful and there was not much they could do except remove everything. My dd has problems with cysts too. It is really painful for her, but she gets a lot of little ones that either disolve on their own or burst but don't grow large enough to have to remove.They do cause her alot of pain though.
I say do the procedure, it may be something easily fixed or at least you will know what is causing the pain and the recovery time was well worth it. The pain would double me over. I hope this relieves some of your worries. I will be thinking of you.

Cristina--enjoy Josh! We will be here for you when he goes back!!

Hi Sassy!!

Katy-I am knitting scarves and hoping DH goes and pays for my January knitting class soon, if not I am just going to take care of it myself!! We went with friends on Friday to the mall to hear their daughter sing. It was fun and brought back memories!!

Hey there Miss SuzyQ!! Hope you come back soon!!

gotta go--ds and his gf are coming out to eat today.

Michelle
12-10-2006, 01:00 PM
JULES...Thanks for the compliment on my avatar!:D WOW, you have had to go through a lot too, and I also feel so sorry for your DD. The pain can sometimes be just so unbearable.:devil: When my doctor did my hysterectomy last year, she did take my left ovary out, because it had many cysts on it and it was very enlarged, but she said the right ovary was perfect and had nothing wrong with it. These past couple of days, I've still had just a little pain here and there, but NOTHING like it was on Monday! That day was horrible! I hope you and DH have lots of fun with your DD and her BF today!:hug:

jules1216
12-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Michelle--I hope you start feeling better soon!! We had a great time today, though I probably ate more than I should have!!

Sassy_Chick
12-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi Gurls! ;)

Its been warm here lately! In the 40's! HEATWAVE!

Michelle - I'm glad that everything turned out okay for ya. My mom had a Cyst Rupture and she said it was EXTREMELY painful. She also has had a hysterectomy, but they kept her Ovaries in as well, as she didn't want to be on the hormones either.

Jules -- You don't like my new Avatar? :cry: LOL! Just teasin. ;) I like everybodys holiday Avatars, they all are pretty. :)

Hi Cristina -- Hope your enjoying your time with Josh. I know time is running out, but we will be here for ya hon! :hug:

Hi Everybody else! :wave:

:hug:

Michelle
12-10-2006, 10:36 PM
SASSY...Thank you for your kind words.:hug: I like your avatar, kinda sexy there!;) :woohoo:

jules1216
12-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Sassy--yes, I LOVE your avatar, Tinkerbell rocks!!

Hi Michelle and everyone else!!

RosieKate
12-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi Everyone!
Ditto what everyone else said about Tink - cute!

I finished knitting the sweater- whew! Now I need to sew it up, knit a neckband, and block it......

Week's going pretty well foodwise - we'll see what happens when I weigh in on Thursday

Have a great day gals

jules1216
12-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Hi Katy!! Good luck with the weigh in!!

Michelle
12-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi Ladies...Just a quick note. I started not feeling very well early last night, and I was up most of the night sick, I guess with a flu bug. When I weighed myself, I have lost four pounds, but I'm not changing my ticker, because I know it's from being sick and isn't my true weight. My hubby is on his way to Kaiser, because he thinks he broke his left middle finger. Tonight we have his department's Christmas dinner to go to so I will be making my homemade chocolate chip cookies and cheese augratin potatoes today. I hope all of you have a wonderful day!:hug:

jules1216
12-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Hi!! I hope everyone is okay. I am doing some housework and then off to the gym!!

FrouFrou
12-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Hello ladies!

KATY...WTG on getting the sweater done! :cp: And glad the food is going well. How are you doing with the program? Are you liking it?

MICHELLE...ouch! sorry to hear you weren't feeling well and about DH's finger. Hope it wasn't broken and hope you are feeling better. How was the Christmas party? The potatoes and cookies sound yummy.

JULES...hope you got in a good workout! :exercise: :lifter:

MS SUZYQ...where the heck are ya? Hope all is well with you and Miss Gaby.

Is everyone ready for Christmas? I'm not, lol! Just wanting it to be over already, sort of. Wasn't really in the Christmas spirit this year.

I hadn't been to It Figures in three weeks now and I decide this morning I need to get my arse back in there and stop at the post office on the way first (thank goodness-they were horrible and even worse when I finally got out of there) so when I got to where I turn to go to It Figures Charlotte was going to her car to leave. What? This was at 10:30 and she is usually open until noon at which time she closes and comes back at 3:00. Kind of pissed me off because this is a business and she doesn't run as such. She went in with another lady and that woman has nothing to do with it now because she needs the money and has to work another job so when Charlotte has errands to run she tries to get someone to fill in for her or she closes whenever. Ummm, okay...I didn't know this was how she ran the place until I joined. Anyway...so much for that. I am just going to get a work out at home today I guess. Well...

HAPPY MONDAY LADIES! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
12-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Good Monday!
I am here. Today I don't feel very good , thinking food poisoning from some bad dip that I ate last night. It was good going down but I was up all night feeling barfy.
Not moving on the scale, thinking old age or my meds have made me gain. Works for me......couldn't be that I am eating too much. hehe.
Gab gets her tonsils out in January. Older girls are their usual brats.

whatEVER.....feel icky.....I think I shall go home.
hope you all are well :)

RosieKate
12-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Happy Holidays

Susan - hope you are feeling better - food poisoning is awful! Get yourself some club soda to sip on and get some rest...doctor's orders!

Jules - hope you are well - how's the work out going? The sweater turned out great, is wrapped and under the tree - yippee!

Hi to everyone else...can't say much else because Dh is home and can read over my shoulder - the bum.... the super secret sweater has to stay super secret for a little while longer.....

Later
K

FrouFrou
12-19-2006, 02:00 PM
:wreath: SEASON GREETINGS!:hohoho:

Not much going on...have a busy day ahead so only have a few minutes to post. Funny how a few minutes always turns into an hour, lol. Oh well...

:tree:MICHELLE...hoping you are having a good day! :hug:

:candy:SUSAN...sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, hope it wasn't food poisoning. DS had it once and man...not a fun thing to have to deal with. My scales aremoving...only the wrong direction! I have just been out of control with my eating...darn holidays!

:elf:HI JULES & KATY!

Take care ladies and have a good one! :santa: :ginger:

Mom2Gaby
12-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Katy & Cristi -
I feel better today! I went home at noon and slept until 5 pm. I am still tired but my stomache has quieted down and I don't feel barfy anymore. yay....lol
I don't think I am overeating.
I should be dinking more water and exercising more. I feel ok.

I wrote this yesterday and deleted but I will write again.....I don't think I am going to Hawaii. I think I need to tell R that I can't ......I kind of been seeing this other man :o :?: for a month and I am very much taken with him. He is the sweetest and I guess we realy like each other.....and, and......lil hussy, huh??? lol
I mean ....come on.......I haven't seen R is 16 months, it has been really hard to keep the passion alive and I swear...I ain't moving to hawaii and he doesn't thrill me like this other man does and I would rather pursue this relationship and see what develops......and it isn't fair to R.......I need to fess up and maybe he can get some of his money back....*wah *wah....

anyway,,,,,,as my world turns....did I say I wanted to learn how to knit??? I do......ugh....smell bleach.....next to the laundry room at work ...ick.....can't breathe..better get!!

Hi to you all :)

jules1216
12-20-2006, 05:31 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say hi!! I be back when I can stay later!!

FrouFrou
12-20-2006, 02:12 PM
:xcheer: :wreath: HAPPY HOLIDAYS LADIES!:rudolph: :candy:

:wreath:SUSAN...Hi ya! :wave: I am sooooo very happy for you! You know who is right for you and if you're feeling it with this guy then I say go with it. I am glad that you found someone...you deserve to be happy. :hug: Glad you are feeling better. Yeah, I should be drinking more water and exercising too, lol!

:wreath:Hi ya JULES...work is keeping ya busy eh? Or is it all the holiday shopping? V went to the store last night to get some cold medicine and milk and he said the store was crazy. This wasn't at Wal-Mart so I can only imagine how bad it will be when I go tomorrow.

Hi MICHELLE & KATY! :clause:

It is an icky, rainy day today. Had to get out in it this morning, early. It's been a while since I got up at 7. Need to get back in the habit of doing so again and start exercising more. Anywho...

Hope everyone has a great day!:hohoho:

RosieKate
12-20-2006, 03:28 PM
'nother quick hi from me today...just to let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the planet.

Susan- I'll teach you to knit ...and you can dish about the new man :)

Now that school is out there is alot of demand for the computer, leaving me very little posting time, but you are all in my thoughts and I really hope you are all enjoying the holiday season.. I know we are!

K

Mom2Gaby
12-20-2006, 04:42 PM
awww, you think we should drink more water and exercise Cristi?? ick...must we?? I don' t know - I use to lose weight so fast before. I think I am averaging 1 pound a year these days......I will be dead by goal weight....hehe.
anywho....lol
I sooooooo want to learn how to knit katy!!!! Have you been to that place in Sellwood that has the knit & coffee place? It looks really neat.....

*sigh....anyway - my back is killing me from pmsing and I really want to go home. *wah *wah....my jaintor is bring me a bento for lunch,so sweet. We had a dessert night last night and I did pretty good w/ eating a slice of pumkin pie and fruit salad.
I get to stay here!!! We kind of had that thought all along but they said I should be here for 9 months at least.

The dish on the new guy,,,,,hmmmmm, he is the sweetest, very romantic. He holds my coat while I put it on....(awwwww, and he even brought my coat inside so it wouldn't be cold in the car)... and opens my door. We went to his office party and I said "don't leave me" and he didn't - he even walked me to the bathroom and introduced me to his co workers by saying ....."and this is the lovely Susan"....he sat next to me and got me more dip and played with my hair....*sigh*.......he is 47, cute, has lots of tattoos and works for a drivers education company as a general manager of the office. He is in town tomorrow for a meeting and we were going out for dinner and maybe he will come for XMAS dinner and take gaby to see a movie later in the day.........and he came to church with me last Sunday to see gaby sing......he just totally adores me and worships everything I say,,,,,lol .....and he doesn't care about my weight,he is attracted to my soul.......lol.......ok, I think he likes me......I would play hard to get but I like him too much. blah - blah......and the biggest point is he is within 45 minutes of a drive....no airplane or time zone involved.....yay.......

k- that is the dish.....I will update as needed.......lol ...did I say he is a sweetie?? He is.....just a doll.......*sigh.....ok, bye!

jules1216
12-22-2006, 08:14 AM
SuzyQ--I think he likes you to.....He looks good to so that is a plus!! I am glad your happy.

Cristina--work is very busy and unfortunately only going to get worse!!

Katy--I am so bummed--hubby waited to long to drop the payment for the knitting class off and it's full...I knew I should have just done it myself!!

Michelle--hi wherever you are!!

FrouFrou
12-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Good Morning Ladies....

SUSAN...he sounds like a keeper for sure! And I am very happy for you. And yeah, 45 mns. is definitely better than a plane ride away, even if it is Hawaii. And yes woman...we do need to do more exercise and drink water, lol! I know I do anyway...I was telling DD a few days ago that I was thinking maybe I was destined to be chunky. She said "But don't you think if you were, that you would have been all your life?" Makes sense because I wasn't growing up. But our bodies change after having kids and as we age so...who knows. Bet Gaby was a cutie singing at Church.

KATY...wow, the kids are out of school already? The kids here got out early yesterday but not sure how long they are out. Glad you guys are enjoying the holidays! :hohoho:

JULES...I bet work is really crazy this time of year. Sorry, you missed out on the class. Not thinking I mentioned that I would like to take a class to learn to knit and was reminded of my arthritis. How soon we forget...and I do unless it is acting up. Oh well, maybe you can get in another soon.

MICHELLE...hope you are having a good day. Been thinking about ya. :hug:

Nothing much going on here. Finally finished my shopping, yesterday, lol! We aren't having a big Christmas dinner...just a small ham dinner. We had our big dinner a couple of weeks ago. I've not decided whether I am going to cook on Christmas Eve like I have done the past 20 years or so or do it on Christmas day. It will be weird with one of us missing :( But we will take in a movie on Christmas day for sure...our new tradition. Not really sure what I am doing today...first day in a while that I have nothing planned. Anyway...V gets off from work starting tomorrow until after the New Year and we will be busy. Not sure if I mentioned that we decided to put the house on the market, again. So we are readying it for that. We found a GREAT realtor this time :crossed: and we already found a house as well so. We've got some painting to do and closets to clean/empty and who knows what else. Not looking forward to this again but going to stick with it and get moved this time! Not sure that I will make back until after Christmas...I may but I want to wish you all a very Happy Holiday!

A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to YOU and YOURS!
:present: :hohoho: :elf: :xcheer: :wreath: :rudolph: :candy: :clause: :tree: :ginger:

Mom2Gaby
12-22-2006, 12:52 PM
I haven't even started my XMAS shopping Cristi! lol I hate the whole shopping thing. Maybe I will sneak out tonight and grab something for the lil buggers, I don't know.
I ate some eggs this morning. Went out for dinner last night and had some baked salmon, yum.......along w/ 2 margarita's......yum. My friend man came into town for a meeting and exchange a car for one of his instructors, so we met up. He will come back Sunday and maybe do a movie and dinner....I want Mexican, my favorite. He bought me this necklace with 3 little diamonds in it - he said they represent the past, present and future and he showed me how the gems were registered and I started to giggle (ok - margarita was kicking in,,,everything made me giggle - lol ) and said "No one has ever given me jewelry that was registered......" he is so sweet to me..... 4 hours went by real fast and back to Salem he went.....he always walks me to the door and gives me a kiss....he might meet my mom and step dad Sunday.....blah - blah.....

ok,,,,,,,nothing much on the weight front......lol. We are having tamales on Christmas and after that I will get serious....just enjoying all the yummies and dinners for right now...... :D :D :D :D :D :D

anywho....it is all about me, me , me....lol

where IS Michelle???? miss you!

better get to work.....

hugs!:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

FrouFrou
12-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Was still online and thought I would check and see if anyone posted before logging off.

:tree:SUSAN...wow, a diamond necklace, woohoo! I would have to say um, yeah, he likes you, lol. I can read the happiness in your posts and I am glad he makes you happy! :love: Hope you guys get to see lots more of each other. I too am not worrying about weightloss, etc. until after the New Year. What's the point? Too much eating and good foods! My favorite is mexican too! My friend always had tamales on Christmas day...we spent one year with her and her family, of course this was years ago before I moved to KS. And yeah, I too hate the shopping thing. Last year I did the majority of it online and had it delivered to the door, so easy. But this year, ugh. With the kids being older and working they have their own money and so buy what they want thru the year so it's hard to buy for them...they don't need anything. Anyway...better get going and get something done today. I am still in my jammies, lol.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful Holiday. And if anyone is traveling...be safe!

Mom2Gaby
12-22-2006, 02:27 PM
I wish I was still in my jammies!!! :) Princess Gaby always wakes up at 6ish and we are up and out for the day - even on weekends. It is horrid.
I forgot to say that her father sent her a game and $50 for xmas. By the post mark he is living back on the coast, he sent it via my mother and wrote her a wonderful note saying he would be in contact after the holidays.
Ick.....
I think he pea brain is forgetting he has a custody evaluation to go through before he can see Miss Gaby.
anyway - I am thirsty......better go get some water.

jules1216
12-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Wow SuzyQ what a great gift...I like those necklaces and the new "journey" necklace that is out now. If I want one though, I will have to get it myself--DH doesn't do jewelry--he's too practical...maybe next time he gives me money to buy my own gift.....I think the new guy will be looking out for you and Gaby where the ex is concerned. I'd take Katy up on her offer to teach you to knit--sounds fun. I wish we were all closer.

Katy--hi there!! glad you at least popped by to check in!!

Cristina--that's two I have missed maybe the third time is the charm!! Just finished my shopping--I have got everything I am going to so it's gotta be good enough. I still am hoping for my Amazon box to be her tomorrow....

Where is our little Michelle????

Mom2Gaby
12-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey again........what a slooooooooooow day!! Everyone took off from work today.

Hi Jules:mrsclaus: Honest, I don't really like jewelry. I will wear his necklace because of him but no man has ever given me trinkets. He kept the envelope that Gaby's dad sent with address on it ....said he would keep in case he had to make a trip down there in the future.....and when my other ex was acting jerky Michael leaned over and looked me in the eyes and said "no one has a right to treat you like that"......my Knight has arrived! lol :elf:

In case I don't get back on line before Christmas ...........

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!! :present: :hohoho: :elf: :xcheer: :coolsnow: :santa: :newyear: :mrsclaus: :gift2: :snow4: :snowfight :tree: :ginger: :snowglo: :shocksn:

jules1216
12-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Aw SuzyQ, finally somebody right beside you that sees what we see!!

Oh and by the way, update on DD's love life--the first Nick is gone, turned out to be very jealous and controlling--she had to actually change her number to get him to stop calling and texting her (creepy thing was he even had his Mom and ex-wife calling her) she saw Jason but they decided to stay just friends. There is a new Nick who just got out of the military--he was special ops, did a tour in Iraq and is getting ready to go to the police academy at the beginning of the year. He looks like a younger & thinner Jesses James (Mr Sandra Bullock, star of Monster Garage and bike builder) The girl makes my head spin, but as long as she is happy that's all I want.
We really had fun shopping this morning!!

RosieKate
12-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Ok - my shoppings' all done and I am feeling festive...probably because I do not have to get in my car and go anywhere :hohoho: I take that back - I do have to go in at 7:30 for my mammogram tonight, but I don't think the traffic will be too bad for that one!

My produce delivery had sugarloaf squash in it and I am trying a squash pie recipe. Should come out like pumpkin pie, but lighter in taste, I think. I started up the organic produce delivery again because I need to work up to 9-12 fruits and vegetables a day. The only hope I have of doing that is to keep the fridge stocked and the delivery service is helping with that immensely. It's also inspiring me to try new things and new recipes. I tried a persimmon last week...ever had one of those? I thought it tasted like a really rich banana.

The research group is going well...a great group of women I must say. I've lost about 7 pounds since starting....I am very happy about that! I think it has a lot to do with keeping food diaries and getting the accountability from the support group. Particularly the food diaries...I know I have to turn those suckers in, so I am really good about writing everything down...and that keeps me from doing things like sampling while I'm cooking, cleaning the kids' plates yada yada

Susan - You have found your knight in shining armor! I'm sure Rocky will be bummed for awhile, but he's a nice guy who wants you to be happy. I'm sure he's aware that the geographic distance was going to be very hard to overcome for the long haul. This guy just sounds so great! I'm so happy for you!

Jules - Who'da thunk that nice young kid would go stalker on her? I'm glad your DD has the sense to get out and move on with her life...the new guy sounds pretty nice.

Cristina - good luck with your home sale...and congrats on already having found a new house! Do you have pictures?
I bet your house looks so nice - I remember the pictures of your holiday decorating last year...it was so pretty.

Hi Michelle, Sue, Sassy, Bep, and anyone else who may be reading this...Merry Christmas!

As of today, our new bathroom is hooked up. However, it has no doors, so I'm not terribly motivated to use it just yet :dizzy: That doesn't seem to bother the children however, who think the new bathroom is their shiny new toy. They are asking for baths - imagine! Now the guys are working on trims, lights and doors. We are getting bids on floors...David paints the kitchen next week! We are so close!

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas..I'm so glad we are all here and checking in with each other - it means alot to me and I am glad I know each and every one of you!

Michelle
12-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi Ladies ~~~ Sorry I've been MIA, but just having an extremely hard time with being down right now. I just don't feel like doing much of anything, sorry to be such a downer when everyone else is so happy.:(

SUSAN...I'm very happy for you with your new hunny bunny!:love: :drool: :congrat: :woohoo: I think that it's great that you finally have someone who shows you the attention you should have been getting for a long time now. The necklace sounds so pretty, and of course, it's for a pretty lady!;)

I will come back and write more tomorrow, I promise!:hug:

jules1216
12-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Katy--I sure didn't think a nice boy that got along good with his mom would turn stalker!! I guess you can never tell.
Congrats on the 7 pounds after maintaining a weight for so long. What an inspiration you are!! Hate to say it but I have gained weight instead of losing or staying put. I really have to do something and get it moving in the right direction.

Michelle--sorry you are feeling down, I hope things get better. Start preparing yourself for the empty nest thing when your youngest goes to Nursing school. It's terribly hard when you are close to your kids. Sign up for some classes or take up a craft.

Cristina--I hope you are not too down either with DS back in Iraq. Miss your posts!!

SuzyQ--enjoy the girls and the new guy!!

Not doing much for Christmas Eve, everyone is coming here tomorrow. Will bake some cookies and my lemon dessert today and do some laundry and housecleaning. The kids books didn't make it in time for Christmas. They said they could wait for them, I went ahead and told them the titles.

Hope everyone has a very merry Christmas!!

FrouFrou
12-24-2006, 04:31 PM
:tree: :wreath: :candy: :hohoho:MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!:hohoho: :candy: :wreath: :tree:

JULES...awww, I am sorry things didn't work our with DD and Nick. Wow, who would have thought he was a stalker, creepy. Hoping the New Year brings a "new" love for DD and one that will last a lifetime! We are still waiting on an Amazon shipment too, lol! Can't even access the account online either to see what's up with it-guess they are just way too busy.

KATY...thank you! I feel the same way. You ladies have been a part of my life for so long and I don't know what I would do without ya. :hug: :hug: Glad to hear the program is going well for ya. And...CONGRAT'S on the 7 pounds! :bravo: I answered an e-mail (if you will) about reviewing one of two diet books for the local newspaper and following the diet for 30 days and then they will interview you after to see the results, if you liked it, etc. I am so hoping they pick me. I think it would be the motivation I really need right now. My eating is sooo out of control. No pictures of the new house (I assume that is what you are talking about)...don't even want to talk about it for fear of jinxing everything, lol. I am so paranoid sometimes I swear, lol. V has already got the address down and planning things, lol. I am trying not to get attached but for some reason I feel very confident that we are going to sell this pretty fast this time. :crossed: I do have pictures of this house decorated but have to wait for the film to be developed. I swear a digital camera will be on our list of things to get.

SUSAN...he is right, you don't deserve to be treated the way the ex's treat you. He is a sweetie for sure!

MICHELLE...loving your new siggy, the design before your name...that is cute! As is your avatar. Where do you find them all? I am always looking for the "right" one for me but don't think I have yet. Sorry, you are feeling down. :hug: And I know there are not words that will help but I do hope it helps knowing we care and we are here for you. I know this is a sad time for you without you mom and I wish there was something I could do for you. I hope tomorrow you will be surrounded by family to help ease the pain of missing your mom. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ms BEP...are ya out there? Come out, come out wherever you are...lol. Hoping to see you posting soon. :hug:

Well, ladies...I thought I would stop in and say Hi and wish you all a Merry Christmas since I was doing nothing. I am supposed to be doing some prep work for tomorrow and some baking but really don't feel like it. It is definitely going to be weird with one of us missing tomorrow but I am happy that we at least had some time this month with Josh...that meant so much to me and him. A little sad today but I will be okay. More feeling sick than anything else. V had something last week, not sure what but some guys at work told him about some medicine you take for 4 days and it knocks it out. He called his doc and it worked whatever it was. Now I feel like I am coming down with it. So not sure we will make Midnight Mass tonight, a little sad about that. May feel better later but I don't know. I really do need to do some baking and laundry. We are going to the movies tomorrow and then will have a small Christmas dinner when we get back. Not sure what we are seeing but will try to catch an early matinee. So...take care ladies and I hope you all have a blessed day with the ones you love!

Michelle
12-24-2006, 10:27 PM
JULES...I know it will be hard when DD goes to college, but atleast it's in Portland, and only about 45 minutes away, and she can come home on weekends if she wants to.:hug:

CRISTINA...Thank you for your kind words and hugs. My avatar is one off my Yahoo mail account. There are so many you can create there, and then you have to size it down with the paint accessory program with your computer.:hug:

:rudolph: :elf: :hohoho: :xcheer: I HOPE ALL OF YOU LADIES ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH ALL YOUR FAMILIES, AND THAT YOU HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!:wreath: :candy: :clause: :snowglo:

jules1216
12-25-2006, 07:42 AM
Cristina--I think part of the problem is DD doesn't know what she really wants. I will wait until Friday for my Amazon package and then if it's not here I want a refund and I will go to Borderd and get the books. The kids say that I am more upset than they are.

Well Merry Christmas everyone!! I will try to get back this evening.

Sassy_Chick
12-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Merry Christmas Everybody!
:tree: :xcheer: :rudolph:
So Has Santa come to visit???? :hohoho:

FrouFrou
12-25-2006, 06:20 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS and :hohoho:!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

SASSY...we haven't even opened gifts yet, lol. DD & DS decided they were going to sleep in...very late. Didn't go to the show with us. I felt bad leaving them but it was their choice so...we went anyway. Went to see The Pursuit of Happiness and I really liked it. I am so sensitive I swear...it made me cry. Anytime I see lots of homeless people it breaks my heart. So are you enjoying your day?

JULES...think we will wait a few days...I figure it's the mail but V is going to check our account and see if the money has been taken out. I am not sure about Amazon but the majority of places I've ordered from before don't charge you until the order is being shipped. So...since we can't find out anything online thru amazon this will help. At least we will know it was shipped, I think. :dunno: I think it sounds like DD is just protecting herself from possibly being hurt again, and she's young so... Does anyone know what they want? I sure don't, lol. She'll know when the right one comes along and she finds out he's not a creepy stalker.

MICHELLE...you're lucky your DD will be close enough to home to come home on the weekends. What would we do without our kids? I know I would be lost.

Hi ya everyone else! :wave: :hohoho: Hope you all are enjoying your day.

As I said above...we went to the movie and now been back and got the ham in the oven and everything ready to be cooked as soon as the ham is almost done. We don't normally eat until 6 so it will probably be around that time. And then we'll open gifts after. I remember the days when the kids couldn't wait toopen gifts...getting up at the crack of dawn...now we are lucky if we can drag them up before noon. It's like it's an all day sleep fest for them, lol. Anywhoo...take care ladies! :hug:

jules1216
12-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Just wanted to pop in real quick and say HI!!!! Hope everyone stays safe over the next Holiday!!

Mom2Gaby
12-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Good Morning,
My head hurts!! Step dad gave me some brandy last night to sleep,,,,,,,hmmm, wow. I don't think I have ever been more drunk - lol I called Michael and chatted away , I thought I was slurring my words...and this morning he asked how much I had drunk and I said "little, little bit" ......swear......he just said I seemed chatty, never seen me that way and said he would go out and buy me some brandy now,,,,lol

I have lost 2 pounds this week!

Lovely avatar Michelle :) I thought of you on Christmas when I went to see my fathers gravesite. It is so hard, I hope you are hanging in there. HUGS

I better go. Chat more later!!

FrouFrou
12-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Howdy Chickies!

SUSAN...brandy? Ick! Lol...I don't think I have ever tired the stuff. Funny Michael thought you were a little chatty...maybe you did have a little too much, lol. I know if I were to drink anything it doesn't take much for me to get a buzz. Hey...WTG on the 2 pounds! :woohoo:

Hi ya JULES!hope you are not working too hard.

Yeppers, MICHELLE...like your new avatar too! You always find such cute ones!

Not much going on with me...running errands and getting stuff done around the house. Supposed to get some icky weather later this evening, or tonight-rain and snow sometime. Think the snow was coming later, like Friday or Saturday...don't know. Anyway...better get going. Need to go help V...he's painting Jason's room and man that stuff is stinking bad. Don't remember paint smelling this bad before, really strong. Okay, starting to babble.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day. Lots of hugs to you all!:hug:

jules1216
12-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Susan--brandy--ick--my nanny used to use Rock-n-Rye whiskey as cough syrup and I believe she put brandy in her coffee.....hugs to you missing your Dad during the holiday season

Michelle--I have to agree you and Sassy both find great avatars and I love both of your signatures....

Sassy--Where are you girlie!!!

Cristina--should be off until Monday but I am going in some in the morning, there are a couple of things that have to be done for the start of the new year....

Katy--how did dh like his sweater??

Bep--have you left us forever like Shawna and SusanNYC and the rest.....

jules1216
12-29-2006, 07:39 AM
Closing this one and moving to #20--Hope to see you there!!