100 lb. Club - December NSV's

View Full Version : December NSV's

boaterswife
12-01-2006, 09:41 AM
OK, December 1! Time for another month of those FABULOUS NSV's!!!

I'll start. Took DD to dance practice last night. She dances on a world champion competition team, and has been dancing with the same group of girls for about 9 years or so, so I've known them all for years and years. On the way home, DD told me that while I was over talking to the coach one of the girls asked her if I'd lost weight (she was seeing me from about 20-30 feet away. DD said yes, so then they apparently all wanted to see, and took turns getting stuff out of their gear bags, etc., because the coach and I were standing near the bags talking. All of this was going on without my realizing it, but in retrospect, I did notice about 10 of the girls needed stuff out of their bags! While they are all wonderful girls, we all know that teenage girls, ages 14-19, usually don't notice much about the moms that are around! I smiled the rest of the evening!

NavyWifeDee
12-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Awesome kelly! Bet that felt great!

Cheryl14
12-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Hi All!

As I prepared to fold jeans from the line yesterday, I noticed that my jeans hanging next to my son's jeans looked pretty close in size now to his. He's 18 and 6'1", so I knew they would be WAY too long for this 5'6" mom. I WAS curious to see if I could get them on my bod, though!

I took them upstairs in front of the mirror and took a deep breath. I actually got them on! The legs fit and the hips fit. The waist...well, I have about five more inches to go until THAT fits. I checked and these were a 32 waist. That means I have a 37 inch waist! Just a few months ago I measured my waist, and it measured 42 inches!

Although I won't be wearing my son's jeans anywhere, I found it really exciting that I could AT LEAST eyeball similar sizes in clothing AND when trying the jeans on I WAS able to pull them up! My son weighs 175 lbs. I have a few more pounds to go to reach ONEderland. The jeans "try-on" was an exciting motivator for me!

I think it's time to go jeans shopping again! :carrot:

Cheryl

famograham
12-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Those are FANTASTIC!!!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:hug:
Linda

lilybelle
12-01-2006, 04:16 PM
WTG, Kelly it's great that they are noticing.

Cheryl , WTG, there's just something about fitting in the son's jeans that makes us feel great. I wore my sons' camouflage jacket and pants deer hunting and it made me feel great. My son is almost 6' and weighs about 145 usually.

My NSV, last night while folding laundry, I had to look at the jeans tags to tell which were mine and which belonged to my 14 yr. old DD. (WE have one pair that is the same except mine are only 1 size bigger).

This morning I woke up and made my coffee. There are fresh home-made cookies that I baked last night. I didn't eat any. I made myself my healthy breakfast instead. (It snowed last night and I like to bake when it's freezing outside).

Cheryl14
12-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Yea! Kelly and Lillybelle!

Lillybelle...I can pass up cookies but CANNOT pass up cookie DOUGH!!!! You go, girl! You have more willpower than me!

Cheryl

Sheila53
12-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Yeah, NSVs!

Mine involves fudge--maple fudge in particular. I went to a craft fair with some friends, and the fudge booth had samples. I did take a tiny sample, but I didn't buy any. My friend bought some and offered me a bite, but I declined. Now, I have to tell you that I really, really wanted that stuff, and almost went back to guy some. I shouldn't have had the sample because sugar sets me off. But this time I didn't give into the craving, and it's gone now. Yippee!!

CLCSC145
12-02-2006, 02:26 AM
Amazing willpower, everybody!! WOO-HOO!:cheer: I have tremendous respect for anybody who can hold themselves together around cookie dough...

rockinrobin
12-02-2006, 06:13 AM
I absolutely LOVE reading everyone's NSV. It is so much fun and it gives me something to look forward to. Like that jeans thing that you girls got going on-Cheryl and Lily -FANTASTIC:cheer2: OMG but the cookie baking Lily? - that's a biggie I think for anybody - and Sheila fudge? WTG, what unbelivable control you ladies have-:carrot: Boater'swife-you must be floating on air!

I went to do a little clothes shopping yesterday. My winter coat from last year is enourmous on me, they were having a sale and I saw one that I loved but they only had it in a size 22W, 24W - which is my old coat size and an 18W. My plan was to buy it a little tight so that I could have it for a while as I hopefully lose more weight. So I try on the 22, it's way too big and I say what the heck I'll try on this itty bitty 18 just for fun and it fit me perfectly! I couldn't believe it. It looked so tiny hanging there on the hanger, at least tiny for me. Well I didn't buy it because like I said I wanted to buy something a little big. Oh well. It's funny if it wasn't for my clothing sizes going down I don't even see the weightloss on me.

Please keep on posting here girls. it is much motivation for me and this time of year, all right anytime of year I could really use it. :thanks:

Cheryl14
12-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Hey, Rockinrobin!

I noticed that you changed your name from fedup to Rockinrobin...Nice move, and one that says something really positive that will keep you feeling proud of yourself! :)

The coat thing is a real biggie because we wear our coats every day. They are a GREAT way to measure progress that we can FEEL! Congrats on your success! :cp:

I know what you mean about the clothing sizes. I think as we firm up and "melt" that weight away, the inches do, too! I wish that I would have taken my measurements along the way. Measuring inches lost is often a better indicator than the scale, I think, and it helps you see progress in firming up when the scale doesn't always show it.

I have learned so many things over the last few years about weight loss! It makes me think that I was really clueless before. No wonder my weight kept going up and up and...

Good luck on finding a new tinier coat! :coolsnow:

Cheryl

lilybelle
12-02-2006, 10:41 AM
rockinrobin, WTG on the coat. I had to get a new one the other day. 2 yrs. ago my coat was a 3X. Last yr. my step-daughter gave me a size 1X coat to wear. It was too big now. I went and bought me a new one that is a size 12 and it fits loosely. I notice the change in clothing sizes far more than I notice my weight change. I did notice that the plus size coats of exact same style were $10.00 higher and it made me feel good not to have to pay that extra cost for a change. Funny thing is, I started by trying on a size 16.

As for the cookies, my son had friends over last night. I fed them all the rest of the cookies. I wouldn't have done that before ever. I would have hid them for me to eat. LOL

LisaMarie71
12-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Great job, everyone!!

I have a few...

I sprained my knee, so I haven't worked out since Monday, which is driving me INSANE, but I've stayed on my eating plan even though I've been depressed about my knee and almost wanted to give up!! It just seems like I can't lose more than 50 pounds without screwing up or something happened. I'd lost 53 and then this happened. Ugh!! But I'm proud of myself for sticking with it and remaining positive. I WILL run again and get back on that elliptical!!!

Lots of people have noticed my weight loss in the last 10 or 15 pounds I've lost, and now people are starting to say "well, you don't need to lose much more, do you?" It's great to hear that, but I can't help laughing a little. I weigh 225 and am still on the "severely obese" side of all the charts!! I guess I carry my weight well. Thank God for my long legs, I suppose.

lilybelle
12-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Lisa, WTG on staying on program with eating while having the knee injury.

I had an ankle injury about 5 days after reaching my goal weight. I was strict with my eating while unable to exercise and did keep the weight off. Give yourself time to heal and there will be plenty of time to exercise once you are better. Plus, WTG on people noticing the Wt. loss, that makes it all worthwhile.

mthrgoos68
12-02-2006, 11:40 AM
I had a funny one last night. I'm a waitress, and one of my customers is this cute little guy in his 70's. He and his son were in the other night and I teased them about having a guys night out and going to a strip club. Last night he was in with his wife and told me, "You know, if my son and I were to go to that strip club, as good as you're looking we'd probably see you dancing there." :carrot: :o

RememberHowToSmile
12-02-2006, 01:17 PM
I missed a couple weeks of school because of my gallbladder problem. After being back in school for four days I was talking to two of my friends (I meet them in September so since I was 263 pounds) and they both looked at me and said you look like you lost a lot of weight your face looks really thin. Then yesterday when I was getting ready for bed I looked and the mirror and realized my face really does look thinner. The fat under my chin is almost gone and you can start to see check bones.

boaterswife
12-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Fabulous NSVs, everyone! I, too, love reading them....they are so inspiring whether they happen to you or to someone else. Always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling!

I was driving to my WW meeting this morning and thinking along the way about the past week. My leader always asks who had a bravo moment, etc, and I realized I had a couple this week!

Lily, I too made a ton of cookies Friday. We had a snow day from school, and it seemed like the perfect time to do some holiday baking. I baked almost 500 cookies, and didn't sample any....not even the dough!

Next I had to make reservations for a hotel for a dance competition in early February. Without even thinking about it (I just realized it this morning) I asked the lady on the phone if they had on-sight gym facilities so I could work out.....what?...me?....last year we went to the same place and I never even considered it, now I'm booking my room based on whether or not they have an elliptical machine for me to use!

This morning after my meeting I stopped at Macy's real quick to pick up a gift. I was shopping all alone so I thought I'd look at some jeans while I had time. Well, I never once stepped into the Women's department, only misses. I took in size 18s thinking there was no way, as I started out in a 20W-22W, and these were missy sizes. The 18s were too big, the 16s fit perfect! Woo Hoo! I almost bought them, then thought, nope, by the end of the year I'll be in a 14, so I can wait!!

Hope everyone else is having a fabulous weekend....keep up the great work!

Heather
12-02-2006, 09:02 PM
My hubby got a gander at my triceps and was impressed -- I'm building some real muscles!!!!

I love this thread!

lilybelle
12-02-2006, 09:19 PM
WTG wyllen and Kelly, great NSV's.
I went out to dinner with my family tonite. This particular restaurant has fabulous chocolate cake. I sat there for a minute watching my family eat it and thought "NO, it's not worth it". I sipped my coffee, waited on them to finish and left without eating cake.

boaterswife
12-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Super willpower, lilybelle! Good for you!

rockinrobin
12-03-2006, 08:18 AM
As usual great NSV's. Love reading em.

Boaterswife I LOVE the fact that you inquired about a hotel gym - just shows you how one's head can be turned around. And that's what it's all about.

Lilybelle, those No, it's not worth it ones are great. I love when I do this, because in the past - nothing was off limits to me, I just ate and ate and ate, whatever I wanted to. So I think the "No, it's not worth it" times are really, really important and what will help us forever and ever. Just making the choice, the decision to love yourself more then the food.

My hubby and I had some friends over last night, we ate and talked and talked and they ate and ate and I talked and talked. I was really very good with the food. But here's my NSV - which I needed and has remotivated me greatly today. Amazing what some male compliments will do for a gal. One of the men which I had just seen 2 weeks ago said to me "Boy you just keep getting smaller and smaller everytime I see you." And another one of the men who I hadn't seen since I started this said "What happened to the other half of you?" :spin:

P.S. I made everybody take home all the extra food, so it's outta my house!!

lilybelle
12-03-2006, 12:36 PM
rockinrobin, WTG those compliments from men are awesome. Most men never notice anything. lol.

My DH last night asked what size clothes to get me for Christmas. I told him and he said "Uh, Oh, I thought you'd wear a SMALL". I'm glad he thought so, but nope, not happening. LOL.

Lifeguard
12-03-2006, 05:40 PM
The last two nights I did not finish my plate of food because I was full. I always feel compelled to keep eating even when I'm full so this is progress for me.

rockinrobin
12-03-2006, 05:48 PM
The last two nights I did not finish my plate of food because I was full. I always feel compelled to keep eating even when I'm full so this is progress for me.

This to me is one of the very biggest NSV's one can have. WTG Lifeguard!!! I always say I'm going to do this, even leave just one bite over, not empty my plate, but it's yet to happen. Ohhhh one day......

Eiluj
12-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Last night, my husband made cookies and offered me some. They smelled wonderful, but I had one of those "It's not worth it" moments and turned him down. I'm glad it was near bedtime, though, because my willpower doesn't last long.

Julie

DramaQueenLucy
12-03-2006, 06:48 PM
What is an NSV??

Eiluj
12-03-2006, 06:52 PM
What is an NSV??

A non-scale victory. When you accomplish something that isn't directly tied to your weight on the scale but is about getting healthier and/or smaller.

DramaQueenLucy
12-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks

SwimGirl
12-04-2006, 02:12 PM
I don't know if it's a NSV, but I was talking to my mom last night about weight loss and she was telling me that this friend/co-worker of hers considers ME a success story! I always look at the negative and never really look at the positive.. that comment made me stop and think.

Congrats everyone! Keep 'em coming!

-Aimee

Sheila53
12-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Lifeguard, that's quite an accomplishment!

I was working out at the gym today and a woman, whom I've never seen before that I recall, told me that she's noticed that I've lost weight and am looking really fit. Having a stranger say that made me feel darn good!

WindyCityChick
12-04-2006, 03:18 PM
I think this counts as an NSV? One of the signs that it was time to really take this weight loss thing seriously was that I wasn't able to sit comfortably with my legs crossed at my knees because my thighs had just gotten too big. This weekend, while I was sitting at my friend's house, I realized that, without even thinking about it, I was crossing my legs at my knees again! I was so thrilled, it gave me the willpower to resist most of the christmas cookies being served (well, all but one - had to have a small taste).

Congrats to the rest of you NSV-ers...I love this thread, it is great to read about victories that don't involve watching the scale change!

NewDay4MeToo
12-04-2006, 04:11 PM
I have a few!

I went to a thrift shop looking for some jeans. I saw a pair that was really cute, but it said it was a 32" waist. I figured it was a good pair to look forward to, but then I tried them on when I got home, and they fit! I have other 32's which most definitely do not fit, but they were "vanity" brand, which must stand for vanity-sized, but it still felt good.

My boyfriend's sister came up to me saying, have you lost weight? You look so great! You have to tell me what you are doing!

Later, his mom, who had noticed my loss about a month ago, came up to me and said, are you still losing weight? You look great!

Finally, his dad said, at a separate time, Christine, have you been sick? You seem smaller. Lol, that is a compliment from him.

Every time my mom sees me she tells me how proud she is of me.

Anyway, all the comments felt great.

RememberHowToSmile
12-04-2006, 05:27 PM
So finals are about to begin for me. My first one is Wednesday. Anyways normally finals is a binging time for me (and I think most other students). Today I went to the groceries store to stock up on finals supplies but I went healthy. I purchased fat-free pretzels, popcorn (94% fat-free 100 Calorie Mini-Bags) which is really good for me because I have no self control when it comes to popcorn, baby carrots, apples, oranges, and sugar-free chocolate chip cookies (I have to have something sweet but I plan on making them two or three at a time).

Lifeguard
12-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Great work everyone - I love these - I find them so motivating & interesting.

I had a friend tell me that I am her inspiration. I found it funny because I don't feel so inspired but it felt nice to have someone recognize the work I am doing.

Tonight my Mom noticed I was wearing a new (ie. old that fit again) pants.

On a side note I found a box of clothes in the garage in our cleaning that I had forgotten about & it was so exciting to see clothes that don't yet fit but I will be able to wear soon. Also kind of funny to see how small some things are that I distinctly remember feeling I was fat wearing - lol - I definitely won't feel like that when I fit into them this time!!!

KnitALisa
12-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Nice NSV that happened just yesterday:

We went up to visit my grandma this weekend (haven't seen her since I started loosing), and I overheard her tell my mom, "I'm starting to be able to see her face again!!" :)

boaterswife
12-06-2006, 08:56 AM
I went shopping early yesterday morning before work and ran into an old friend that I haven't seen since before the day I decided to reclaim my body! She called my name out across the store and when I turned around she exclaimed "I wasn't sure it was you!" She said she had followed me around the store for about 20 minutes and couldn't decide if it was me or not and so took a chance by calling my name. The best comment of all though was when she said "I didn't recognize you....you've lost like a half of a person!"

It's those sincere, heartfelt comments that mean the most!

LisaMarie71
12-06-2006, 11:09 AM
As I said before, I REALLY love this thread. We all love getting our own NSVs, but hearing about everyone else's is just as fun! I love hearing about the compliments you guys get because I know how hard you work and how much you deserve to feel good about it!

Kelly, I love that "half a person" comment! And Lisa, that "starting to see her face" thing is such a good one, because weight loss really does change your face. A lot of people have mentioned the changes in my face too, and honestly it's like I'm starting to recognize myself again. I didn't realize how different I looked when I weighed 275, but now it's like I'm getting back to the old me, and that feels really good.

My NSV this week is that I went to the gym last night and tried to use my hurt knee instead of using that as an excuse for as long as I could, which is what I would've done most of my life. I couldn't WAIT to get back to the gym, and not exercising was driving me insane. That's a BIG change in my life.

boaterswife
12-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Lisa, I totally agree! I get so much enjoyment out of reading others' NSV's. They make you feel warm and fuzzy! Good for you for getting back into the gym! What a sense of accomplishment! I agree also that you don't have an accurate mental picture of yourself. I don't feel like a look any different, yet earlier today I saw a picture of myself that was taken in July, just a couple weeks before I started WW. I looked at myself and thought, wow, I look HUGE in that photo, it doesn't even look like me! The photo is on the website for my DD's dance team.....61 more pounds and I'm going to have the coach remove the picture....for good!

Lifeguard
12-06-2006, 09:51 PM
This is not really weight related but eventually it will cause weight related (heehee - does that even make sense?) Anyway, the last 3 days I have felt absolutely fabulous. I have struggled with depression for 10 years & the last 3 days it is like it has totally disappeared. This is how I felt in high school - the feeling I have been looking for.

Oh & I lost another 2 inches this week!

finn
12-07-2006, 06:30 AM
Its more of an exercise NSV but I ran for an hour yesterday - this from the girl who panted through 1 minute runs 6months ago!

beautifulone
12-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Faaaantastic! :carrot: everyone, definitely a great thread!

Lifeguard - I am glad you have been feeling so well! :D I truly admire you for working so hard to lose weight in spite of how you may be feeling :hug:

The numbers on the scale weren't what I was hoping for today, though it is true they could have been totally unpleasant so I will grin and bear :)
So NSV's count all the more so... my NSV - completed a mountan pile of large tasks and have officially stepped back into my healthy eating zone for a few days now. Plus, today, I went back to the gyyymmmm! :strong: Yeah!

Eiluj
12-07-2006, 01:10 PM
I have one! I needed a new coat, and I shopped last night. I started in the Women's sizing, but I found they were too big. I was fitting Misses XL!

What a difference 10 pounds makes. :)

famograham
12-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Its more of an exercise NSV but I ran for an hour yesterday - this from the girl who panted through 1 minute runs 6months ago!

Finn! :cheer2:
That is absolutely astounding to me!
If I try to run....I feel absolutely certain that my legs will break and I'll fall down dead.
What did you do to progress this quickly?????

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You should be VERY proud!!

:hug:
Linda

WindyCityChick
12-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi Famograham - if you are really interested in how to start a running program, I have to sing the praises of the C25K ("couch to 5k") program on the coolrunning.com website. I am a recent "graduate" and it is a great way to slowly build up to a 5k run over a 9 week period. I was never a runner before this, and when I started, I could barely get through the first week, which was running for 60 seconds at a time - the idea of running 5k seemed impossible. But I actually ran not just a 5k, but a 10k, last week without stopping. And (more importantly, I think) I actually am enjoying running as a form of exercise - even with the temperature dipping below 20 degrees in Chicago.

There are a couple threads on the exercise board about it if you want to read more - and of course, you can visit the coolrunning website too. All you need is a good pair of shoes, and a good exercise bra!

caseygail21
12-07-2006, 08:07 PM
I love this thread, it is very motivating! I'm just getting started but I already have a NSV. I went out to eat last night for the first time since I started my diet. I ordered off of the light menu and at the end of the meal the waitress asked if we wanted any desert, I turned it down but my bf ordered a huge piece of strawberry cheesecake. The entire time he was eating it he was trying to get me to take a bite he even put the fork up to my mouth! I didn't take one bite and I felt so good leaving the restaurant! I just had to post that on here because people who aren't in the same boat as us just don't understand how huge that is!

RememberHowToSmile
12-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Casey Gail that is really good! :bravo: It is really hard to turn down strawberry cheesecake (Eventhough all the sugar and fat would make me sick.)

boaterswife
12-07-2006, 10:33 PM
That's awesome, Casey! Way to be in control of the food, rather than the food being in control of you! Keep it up!! My WW leader talks about those experiences all the time, and says that each time you come out on top (like you did) it makes you that much stronger for the next time. I believe she's totally correct! Every time you say no, it's a little easier than it was the time before.

LisaMarie71
12-07-2006, 10:41 PM
famograham, I'll second WindyCityChick's comments about the C25K program. Check out the "Advice on becoming a runner" thread in the Exercise forum if you haven't already. I was doing my own version of the C25K plan until I hurt my knee last week, and I plan to get back to it. I never thought I could run, but once I got past the 5-minute intervals, it was amazing -- I was suddenly able to run for 20 minutes straight! Then I hurt my knee, but not because of running -- I fell. :( Anyway, you should try it!!

A few NSVs today...

A student and a coworker both told me I look like I've lost a lot of weight. The coworker was walking right behind me down the hall and she said she didn't realize it until she saw me from behind...haha...I guess my booty is dwindling!

After work today, I had to put on a coworker's jacket, and he's a thin male. I was nervous about it, but I had to put something red on for a picture (long, boring story), and everyone said for me to put on the jacket. Before, I would've been afraid to even try because I'd know it wouldn't fit. But this time I was brave. I glanced at the tag before I put it on, and it said Large -- of course, it's a man's large, but still. A man's large would never have fit me at 275, but today it did! Yay! I actually didn't have to be embarrassed! :)

Lifeguard
12-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Today my sister-in-law said that she thought my rear was getting more lifted. That felt nice 'cause it's something I noticed but it's wonderful to hear from someone else.

lilybelle
12-08-2006, 01:47 AM
I went to my step daughters RN pinning ceremony tonite. I was dressed up and felt that I looked nice. I've said before that I hated running into his XW that had lost a 100 lbs. while I was nearly 100 lbs. overweight. Well, she refound hers and the tables are turned again. She always spoke to me when I was huge, but she didn't speak a word to me tonite.

Lisa , WTG on the jacket fitting. I used to hate it when my DH would hand me something of his and comment "it will probably fit you, it's big on me". Every single time it wouldn't come close to fitting me.

Lifeguard, WTG on getting that Butt lifted and especially on people noticing. Bet that had to make you feel great.

SuchAPrettyFace
12-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Congratulations everyone!!! :belly:

My size 24's are already a little big on me.

And last Sunday I was craving Burger King. I thought to myself, "I'll just go through the drive thru to get a Kids Meal, just to get the taste." Well, I ran out of time & didn't get the chance to go & you know what? I DIDN'T DIE!!! Nothing horrible happened!!! And the craving went as soon as it came. It feels good to know I'm stronger than my cravings.

Sheila53
12-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Nothing horrible happened!!! And the craving went as soon as it came. It feels good to know I'm stronger than my cravings.

:bravo: That's a huge NSV, SAPF!

Lifeguard
12-08-2006, 11:10 PM
And last Sunday I was craving Burger King. I thought to myself, "I'll just go through the drive thru to get a Kids Meal, just to get the taste." Well, I ran out of time & didn't get the chance to go & you know what? I DIDN'T DIE!!! Nothing horrible happened!!! And the craving went as soon as it came. It feels good to know I'm stronger than my cravings.

Hee hee! That's great!!!!!

Penney
12-09-2006, 09:20 AM
These are such fantastic posts - everyone is doing great!

My NSV is that I am still not smoking - no matter how desperately I want one and I am still not drinking coffee even though the :devil: in me is saying go ahead. I can't do one without the other. So it has been a few weeks and yesterday felt like the first day all over again. But I survived..........

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

RememberHowToSmile
12-09-2006, 11:01 AM
My NSV is with this weeks weight loss I am no longer considered Morbidly Obese instead I am now considered Severely Obese!

lilybelle
12-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Penney, big congrat's on the not smoking. That is great.

Smile, that is fantastic that you are moving down that ladder to a healthier you. WTG.

Sheila53
12-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Penney, the single best thing you can do for yourself is to stop smoking--kudos to you!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: I think it's even more important than losing weight, IMHO, so the fact that you're doing both shows me that you are a really strong person.

Smile, it's always great to move down a category. Good for you!

boaterswife
12-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Just got home early from a Christmas party so DH could go to work (he's on midnights this week)...couples only, no kids, etc. We were doing the secret santa/rob your neighbor and I was number 8 out of 11 on the female side. Well, when they called #8 I yelled "it's me, it's me, I'm 8" and a friend said "I don't think so....you're way closer to a 10 than a 8!" I could've kissed him right then and there! Let me follow up by saying his DW is a personal trainer, so you know how she's built! Anyway, just had to share!

Everyone else, kudos to you! I am so inspired EVERY DAY by reading all your posts....keep it up!

CLCSC145
12-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Oooh, that's a good one, Kelly!

Penney
12-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the "pats on the back" - that was so nice....

It is hard - and to be honest - everyday I have to make a decision to not smoke or drink coffee. Honestly the only good thing that has come out of my smoking is that my kids have seen me struggle for years with trying to quit and that has made them so aware of why they should not pick up any nasty habit...

Everyone here has such wonderful posts - I really enjoy coming in here and reading everyone's posts - it keeps you in check - it lifts your spirits and makes you look at the bright side of everything....

Way to go everyone - keep up the GREAT work.... especially during the season... after reading the posts.... I just have to be a copycat and steal one of my daughter's favorite sayings.. "Yeah - we ROCK!" LOL :lol:

boaterswife
12-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks, CC! The guy's name is Joe, and I don't think he'll ever know what that coment did to me or for me. I'll never forget it....it was just one of those unsolicited things that pop out of someones mouth....not thought out, so no time to censor it! I'm still warm inside!

NewDay4MeToo
12-10-2006, 09:45 PM
I am beginning to recognize my face again. I look in the mirror, and recognize my smile again, and it makes me want to smile and check out my smile in the mirror more and more.

My boyfriend pointed out my face was looking different, then brought up my chin. Upon my own inspection, it hit me. My double chin is GONE. Even when I'm trying I can't make it appear.

I love seeing my face in the mirror now. Woohooo!

Lifeguard
12-11-2006, 05:03 PM
This morning my husband & I went to the gym together!!! I have been trying to convince him for awhile now that going to the gym would be more productive than working out at home for him. We just drive together & then do our own thing but I think it's going to work awesome to keep both of us motivated.

And & I got the call back for the 911 dispatcher job I did the testing for!!! It's tomorrow at noon - please keep your fingers crossed for me! I'm soooo excited!

LisaMarie71
12-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Great NSVs, everyone! And good luck with the job, Lifeguard!!

Today a student said "You're looking very slim today" and as I walked away another student said "Yeah, she really does." Woohoo! I wouldn't say I'm "slim" by any means, but it's nice that even my teenage students, who are usually oblivious to almost everything but their own lives, are starting to notice! :)

Sheila53
12-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Good luck on the job, Lifeguard! Fingers crossed!

At my Weight Watcher's meeting today, two people said that I was their inspiration. That felt pretty darn good because initially I was embarassed to say that it's taken me four years to lose this weight. But I think that people get discouraged when they don't lose it quickly so seeing someone who persevered and eventually made it was worthwhile.

rockinrobin
12-11-2006, 11:25 PM
As always fantastic NSV's that I just can't get enough of, they always bring a smile to my face. And yet at times they make me want to cry, I find this stuff so emotional, like Shiela at the WW meeting and Newday4me Too rediscovering her face. And yes lifegurard, I most definitely will keep my fingers crossed for you :crossed: .

MY COLLAR BONE POPPED!!

Yup, it's been lurking just below the surface for a couple of weeks now, but it's out in full force now. And I can't stop looking at it. You'd think it was the latest electronical device or something. My daughter came to kiss me goodnight tonight and as she bent down I said to her "Watch my collar bone honey, we don't want to hurt it, it's not used to being so exposed".

boaterswife
12-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Too funny, Rockinrobin! Good for you! How awesome to have an NSV that you can go look at in the mirror any time you want to! That's COOL!!!! Mine are coming along nicely, but are still in the baby stages. Soon enough I'll be standing in front of the mirror too!

rockinrobin
12-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Well you see then I gave you the good news, the bad news that goes along with that is, well I mean at 5 foot tall and 222 pounds, you wouldn't think my collar bone would have popped, well it did. So you gotta wonder how, right, well I'm gonna tell you. Because MY LEGS ARE STILL ENORMOUS!!! Tree trunks, I tell ya. It's all coming off in my top half, my ring finger is down to a size 6, a 6. My bra size is down, cup and back, I can FEEL my spine, though I don't think it can be seen, my waist is unbeliably defined, whatever. I suppose eventually my legs will have to catch up with the rest of me, right? I sure hope so.

CLCSC145
12-11-2006, 11:50 PM
You're just "well-grounded", Robin... I have found the cruelest twist of fate is that the area that bothers you the most is the last to let go of it's vulcan death grip on your fat. You'll get there!

zoritsa
12-12-2006, 07:48 AM
As always,I had been floundering for months trying to find an eating plan that I could stick to and actually see myself doing the rest of my life.I think I finally found it,and I'm feeling really good about it.I've been on plan for 2 weeks now,and while thats not a long time,I've not been obessed or craved anything...which has always been my downfall.

Eiluj
12-12-2006, 09:01 AM
That's awesome, all you collarbone-popping, plan-finding success stories! :D

Julie

KnitALisa
12-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Oh, I am so envious of the collarbone-pop!! I search for mine in the mirror desperately every day to no avail. Gah!
I have found the cruelest twist of fate is that the area that bothers you the most is the last to let go of it's vulcan death grip on your fat.
That's probably true... I have a feeling that I'm going to have to be with in 2 lbs of my goal weight before my collarbones make their grand appearance.

Lifeguard
12-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Had the interview today - I think it went ok - they said that hopefully they will get back to me by the end of the week. I felt really good about how I looked though & when I went to herbal magic afterwards she just gushed about how I look & even took a picture to go in my file "because I look so great today". And I could actually see the change from my start picture - woohoo!

Rockinrobin - the nice thing about how it sounds like you are losing is that you look terrific in pictures!

GirlyGirlSebas
12-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Good luck on the job, Lifeguard! Fingers crossed!

At my Weight Watcher's meeting today, two people said that I was their inspiration. That felt pretty darn good because initially I was embarassed to say that it's taken me four years to lose this weight. But I think that people get discouraged when they don't lose it quickly so seeing someone who persevered and eventually made it was worthwhile.
The truly amazing thing is that you did stick with it. I have tried a total of 8 weight loss plans in the last 4 years and have not stuck with any of them. My problem has been that the weight loss is so slow...and I don't like being "mean" to myself :( by denying myself the comfort, relaxation, enjoyments, etc etc etc of food and "who has time to exercise?!" You do inspire me. Thank you.

CLCSC145
12-12-2006, 10:35 PM
I went to visit a vendor yesterday and in the bag with the samples I picked up, they had tucked a box of See's chocolates (my fave) and a candy bar, which I didn't notice until I got home. When I found it, I will admit I inhaled the chocolatey smell of the candy bar for awhile (gads, I'm glad that's not on video), then threw it in the outside garbage can without unwrapping it. The box of chocolates I'm sure wasn't cheap, so I left it for the cleaning people today. While I'm not generally a fan of regifting, I'm glad someone will enjoy it, so long as that someone isn't me!!!!

Crisis averted!

zoritsa
12-13-2006, 09:12 AM
I went to visit a vendor yesterday and in the bag with the samples I picked up, they had tucked a box of See's chocolates (my fave) and a candy bar, which I didn't notice until I got home. When I found it, I will admit I inhaled the chocolatey smell of the candy bar for awhile (gads, I'm glad that's not on video), then threw it in the outside garbage can without unwrapping it. The box of chocolates I'm sure wasn't cheap, so I left it for the cleaning people today. While I'm not generally a fan of regifting, I'm glad someone will enjoy it, so long as that someone isn't me!!!!

Crisis averted!Good for you!!!I'd have probably snuck a piece before throwing out,lol.

I actually have some small dark chocolates in my purse that have been there for a few weeks now.No desire to nibble on them at all,which is wonderful :D

lilybelle
12-13-2006, 12:22 PM
When I got up yesterday, I decided to wear a pair of my looser jeans to do yard work it. I put them on and they wouldn't stay up on my hips. So, I grabbed for my belt collection. All my belts were too big on even the tightest loop so I had to change jeans. (when I was about 15 lbs. to goal, I bought 3 pr. of nice jeans, I hate that they are all too big now. I think I'll take them to an alteration shop and have some darts put in the back, so I can still wear them).

boaterswife
12-13-2006, 12:27 PM
I had one of those little, eye-opening experiences yesterday. I totally want to share it, because it might be a perk for you, too!!

I was walking to my car after work, and the sun was in the right place that my shadow was cast out in front of me. Now, let me say that for years when I would see my own shadow I would think how large it was, but would always convince myself that I'm not really that big, it's just the angle, shadows are enlarged, etc, etc, etc. Well, when I saw my shadow yesterday I thought, WOW! That shadow's pretty small! Is that how I look now?

It was a nice little mid-day perk when I was all alone!

rockinrobin
12-13-2006, 12:28 PM
CC, that is a really big NSV, cause just think that in turn will cause you to have many, many, many more NSV's in the future!!

Oh perspective is really something I tell ya. I believe I have finally found the way to get people to think that a 5 ft. nothing, 222 lb person is skinny. Just weigh 287 pounds prior to that, see it's so simple. Three people, count em, one, two, three told me today in different variations that I, ME, was skinny as in "Wow, you've gotten so skinny" and "Hey, look at you getting so skinny" and "When did you get so skinny?" Now just think had I weighed 400 pounds prior, that might have said "Wow, you're emaciated". It truly is all perspective - :coach: You hear that Hollywood?

Lifeguard
12-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Rockinrobin - you make me laugh!

Lifeguard
12-13-2006, 01:36 PM
I just updated my weight tracker & realized I no longer have more than 100lbs to lose!!!

boaterswife
12-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Lilybelle, I know you hate to lose the jeans, but gosh doesn't it feel great that they don't fit? That's fabulous!!

RockinRobin, you are so right! It is most definitely in the perspective! I hear someone make a comment about me, that they don't know I can hear, and it makes me smile that they think I'm skinny!

Lifeguard, WOW!! That is so awesome! I, too, needed to lose over 100 pounds and it seemed so daunting. Somehow going from 100 to 99, from 3 digits to 2 digits, makes such a difference! Good for you for getting there...keep it up!

Now for me! It seems this past week or so things have been happening so fast! There's some little something everyday that just makes me think hhmmm.....Well just a bit ago I got an email from some friends/family (DH's family, my good friends!) who live on the east coast. They were in town in July, just about 3-4 weeks before I decided to do something about my weight. Well, attached to this email was a photo slide show of the pics she took while she was here. There were two very disturbing photos of me in the slideshow. Wow, it's hard to deny what you look (or looked!) like when it's right there in blazing color for all the world to see! I was shocked, and almost depressed by looking at them. I went upstairs and told DH about the email, and that I look like someone blew me up with an air compressor, and that those photos went out to EVERYONE! Bless his heart, he looked at me and said, "Anyone who was around last summer knows what you look like....just wait till you see them all again, you'll knock 'em out!" Need I say that he saved me and my mood from a downward spiral for the evening? He is wonderful!

Lifeguard
12-13-2006, 09:21 PM
I lost 2.75 lbs & 1.75 inches this week. And I just got my period & still show a loss!

LisaMarie71
12-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Rockinrobin, you're right about perspective! I hear "skinny minny" and stuff like that now, at 218! :lol: One of my students said it today. She said "I noticed the other day that you've gotten all skinny." I thanked her and said I still have a long way to go, and she said "No, you're SKINNY!" Haha!!

boaterswife
12-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Lifeguard, that's AWESOME!!! My body tries to retain like a gallon of water during my TOM, how fabulous for you to show a loss even with that monster hanging around!!

RememberHowToSmile
12-14-2006, 01:45 AM
I was babysitting my nephew the other day and my brother came home, looked at me and said you've lost a lot of weight in the last few weeks. He doesn't say things like. It is more that he doesn't notice things like that. So I was really suprised and said thank you.

KnitALisa
12-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Hahah! When your brother says it you know it's true! I have a 16 year old one, so I hear ya.

My NSV is that I am unable to wear my fattest jeans anymore. They are size 16W from Lands End and used to be pretty tight when they were fresh out of the dryer. I tried them on yesterday, fresh out of the dryer, and they were really loose. Not quite falling off yet, but when I showed them to my Mom, she declared that they were way too big to wear. I'm holding on to them though so I can take some awesome fat jean pics!! :)

Lifeguard
12-14-2006, 09:37 AM
This morning on the rowing machine I realized I could do both feet up & grab the handle out of the holder without grunting & working hard to get around my gut! I used to have to put one foot in, grab the bar & then try to slip the other foot in without help from my hand to hold the strap & then I wouldn't tighten the strap 'cause it was just too awkward.

Also my DH joined the same gym today & I am excited to be able to go with him, even if we do have different routines.

lilybelle
12-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Greatest NSV for me. My 2 yr. old grandson begged last night to come over so "grandma can play with me". This is fantastic, because for a long time I was too sickly and too overweight to get in the floor and play with him. When he got here, he said "thank you mama for bringing me to grandma".

LisaMarie71
12-14-2006, 03:49 PM
lilybelle, that is SO wonderful! I loved reading that one! And let me tell you, you do NOT look like the typical grandma!! You look way too young!

lilybelle
12-14-2006, 03:56 PM
LisaMarie, thanks so much. I don't feel old enough to be a grandma anymore, but I'm 46 so yep, grandma time. I love having grandbabies and playing with them. I spoil them and send them home.LOL

boaterswife
12-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Lilybelle, that is so fabulous! My mom and my mil both played on the floor with my kiddos when they were tots, and I know the kids will never forget it. I still have some years before I have grandkids (hopefully!) but I know that I will be a much happier, healthier g-ma when the time comes!

Like I said before, something warm and fuzzy seems to be happening to me almost daily right now (no complaints on my part!:D ). I came into work this morning and ran into a guy that I haven't seen in about a month and a half or so.....he looked at me....gave me the FULL once over, up and down, and said Damn, Kel, you look AMAZING!! OK, so I'm on cloud nine again! Why is it that your girlfriends can tell you you're doing well and all is fine, but if a GUY tells you, it means so much?!

CarebearsChris
12-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey Kelly, I guess it means more coming from a guy because generally guys don't notice those kinda things. I am hoping someday soon people start noticing my loss. The gals in the bank noticed the other day...but that is about it.

rockinrobin
12-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Oh I hear you on that one Kelly, I don't know what the heck it is, but when a guy notices it worth about 20 girls noticing. Enjoy. Do enjoy.

Lily, I am so pleased for you. I must tell you that that is one of the biggest motivations for my turnaround. My daughters are getting older, 15, 17 and 19 and I figure before I turn around someone's gonna make me a grandma, G-d willing, and that's what kind of grandma I want to be. The park-taking, sit on the floor playing, energy filled grandma. I'm so happy for you.

Lifeguard you are on quite the roll, I'm so happy for you as well. Keep it up.

As for me, my NSV is kinda silly, but I've conquered something that has always bothered me. I went for a haircut this morning and I FIT PERFECTLY IN THE CHAIR!!! No excess thighs or butt hanging over the side. Now, granted it is a wide chair and of course I looked to either side of me and both women had room to spare on the same size chair, whereas I didn't, but nevertheless I was DEFINITELY NOT hanging over it.

Cheryl14
12-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Great goin', gals! I LOVE reading this thread!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

Here's mine:

I resigned myself today to the fact that it IS December 15 and COLD here and actualy time to pull out the kneesocks/trouser socks to wear with my jeans. I pulled on a pair of my regulars from last winter, thinking that they would fit pretty much the same as they always had. I was PLEASANTLY SURPRISED that they actually WERE knee-high and not in that awful uncomfortable zone that they had always been before on my upper calf!

My tree trunk legs are actually getting smaller!:carrot:

I have also noticed that my necklaces lay much lower than they have FOR YEARS! My NECK must be getting smaller! I forgot all about my neck!:D

Here I have been paying so much attention to my waist and hips that I haven't noticed that OTHER parts of me are getting smaller!

Two VERY unexpected but very pleasant surprises for me today!:)

My SCALE ain't movin' one iota, BUT these NSVs sure are keeping me stoked!!! Thanks to whoever made up the term and/or started this whole thing!:cp:

Cheryl

mthrgoos68
12-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Lilybelle- I'm so glad to hear that! My grandkids are 2 years old and 3 months old, but they live in Kansas so I've never gotten to spend time with them. On December 28th, my 4 kids that are left at home, and I are moving back to Kansas so that I can be closer to my 2 oldest daughters and finally get to spend time with my grandkids. I can't wait!!

CarebearsChris
12-15-2006, 12:28 PM
mthrgoose--that has to feel good to be closer to family. As someone with no family I envy you. Have fun withe the grand kids.

Robin--I know that feels good to fit in a chair better.

Cheryl--wow socks and jewerly fitting better. Wow.

I have to say I have come up short on the NSVs lately. No one has really noticed that I am now 36 pounds lighter than I was in September. I was able to get into a pair of jeans I hadn't woren in a long long time..but that was about 3 weeks ago. I will just keep on keeping on. I have been in funk lately and not seeing any NSVs hasn't helped any. But I not about to give up.

lilybelle
12-15-2006, 12:42 PM
robin, WTG on fitting in that chair. I remember hating to have my hair cut because I hated that big mirror there that my face and neck looked (was) so huge in.

mthrgoos, glad to know you will be closer to your family. Grandbabies are great.

Cheryl Wtg on the jewelry and socks.

Kell, the compliments from men are the best. My DH and I went to dinner last night. When we got home he said "man, it's weird going places with my wife and having every man there to stare and flirt with her". Lol, I just laughed and said "yep, they do it when you aren't with me too". LOL, "but it's usually the Really Old Men". The truth is that a lot of the time it's men that are young enough to be my son. LOL

boaterswife
12-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Chris, you're gonna wake up one morning and everyone will notice. You'll be on such a roll ~ and on cloud 9!

Rockinrobin, I think we've all been there...whether it's at the hair dresser, movie theater, ball park, or somewhere else. It is such a satisfying personal nsv when you sit down in that chair. It warms you from the inside out, and no one else even knows you were concerned about fitting! Good for you!

Cheryl, I agree with Lilybelle.....necklaces and socks fitting better? Sounds like your shape up is head to toe!!!

Mothergoose, that's fantastic that you'll be closer to the kiddos and grandkids. I know you think it's great for you, but it'll be just as great for them! And if you haven't seen them in awhile, judging by your ticker they might be in for a surprise!

Lilybelle, I love the comments from men. DH and I are happily married, but I have to admit the attention is nice, and DH reaps the benefits!

LisaMarie71
12-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Chris, hang in there...when I'd lost about 36, not many people had really noticed. A few pounds later, and especially now, I get lots of comments, and I'm glad I stuck it out. It's not all about the comments, of course, but they really do help you stick with it. Don't worry -- soon you'll be hearing it from everyone!! You're doing great! Losing 36 pounds is a huge accomplishment, and you should be so proud of yourself!

CarebearsChris
12-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks, Lisa Marie and Kelly. I know it shouldn't be about what other people say. But it is so encouraging when someone notices. It is all about me becoming healthier. DH is changing his life style by default (I only cook healthy foods now and there are very few snacks in the house that are unhealthy). He has been smaller than me for awhile (he is currently 224) and without any effort at all, he is losing more and more. I know I should be happy for him (he is a diabetic so these changes are needed), but it is so hard to see him loss without even thinking about it. Days like today are real discouraging. I know I am doing the right thing....but there are moments I really want to give up. BUT I won't. I need to become healthy.

CarebearsChris
12-16-2006, 05:41 AM
OK...I found a NSV. I knew if I kept looking I could find something. BMI September 10th was 50.5. As of today it is 44.1. Still have a long ways to go, but it is a start.

Eiluj
12-16-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm no longer "extremely obese"! According to my BMI today, I am just "obese" at 34.9. :carrot:

Julie

CarebearsChris
12-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Now that has to feel good.

Lifeguard
12-16-2006, 04:16 PM
So last night I did not have a very good night - spent the evening scrapbooking (which I usually love) but all the others could talk about was their children. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE children and usually don't mind the constant talk. But we have been trying for a long time & some nights I just feel left out & like no one cares that I have not contributed to the conversation all night!

Anyway, enough whining - the NSV part of the bad night was on the way home I wanted SOMETHING to make me feel better - but no drive throughs sounded good. So I went to the 24hr grocery store & wandered around not able to find anything. I ended up coming up with brocolli, cauliflower & figs. Food has just totally lost it's ability to soothe me!!!

Now that's a good thing I didn't think would ever happen!!! But now the problem is - how do I soothe myself (we currently do not have a working bathtub so that's not an option - lol!)

With all this recent talk about inches what if we started a thread for inches? Do a couple different measurement spots & post every 2nd week or so?

boaterswife
12-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Chris, 6 points down on your bmi? That's SUPER!!!

Julie....every step is one closer to a normal bmi...keep it up!

Lifeguard that is awesome that you ended up with a healthy snack! I made cinnamon rolls for my kids for breakfast yesterday morning and wanted one pretty bad AT THAT MOMENT. I told my self I needed to put on my makeup and get ready to go to work, then grab one on the way out (quatities are limited when you're in the car!). Well, just 10 minutes later when I was ready to leave I went to get a roll, and guess what? I didn't want it any more! I looked at them, then left it lay! Woo hoo!!

CarebearsChris
12-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks, Kelly. I am pretty surprised.

rockinrobin
12-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Lifeguard, you changed your avatar - you are stunning!!!!! I'm sorry you had a crummy night. People can be quite insensitive without even realizing it. But you handled it beautifully, veggies, go veggies! As far as soothing yourself without food - how about some beautiful flowers, rent a great old movie, that you and hubby can enjoy together.

Boaterswife, cinnamon rolls, but you really do like playing with fire!

Great on the lowering BMI's Eiluj and CarebearsChris. And please hang in there Chris, I promise you the compliments are just around the bend. (And it'll be worth the wait!!!)

CarebearsChris
12-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Thanks, Robin. I know some day it will happen. I am in for the long haul. It really isn't about what other people think. It is about me becoming a healthier person.

lilybelle
12-16-2006, 08:30 PM
I had two men that were total strangers strike up a conversation with me today. I don't recall this happening when I was heavier. Plus, a very pretty LADY winked at me in Walmart. Funny thing is I made my Low Carb meatloaf yesterday and had forgotten to put my rings back on. Hey, I always said I need a Wife instead of a husband. LOL.

CarebearsChris
12-16-2006, 08:54 PM
WooHoo, lily. I know that had to feel good.

CLCSC145
12-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Hey, Lifeguard! Great new avatar! I would be up for a inches thread. Ready when you are!

rockinrobin
12-17-2006, 01:09 AM
Yes, I've actually been meaning to get a tape measure, because I think I am losing a lot in some places and NOTHING in others and I'm curious to see what's really going on. So I'd definitely be up for a measurement thread.

Lifeguard
12-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Thanks Robin!

lilybelle
12-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Last night I was telling my DH about the men and woman flirting with me. My 20 yr. old son was here and piped up and said "Why does that surprise you mom, all my friends call you a MILF". OMG, I busted up laughing.

CarebearsChris
12-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Ok, I am not hip I guess (beat word isn't used by kids much anymore). What is MIFL?

zoritsa
12-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Ok, I am not hip I guess (beat word isn't used by kids much anymore). What is MIFL?
:o A MILF is a "Mother I'd like to ______."

CarebearsChris
12-17-2006, 11:23 AM
OH MY oh my. Oh dear oh me. Ok now I know.

rockinrobin
12-17-2006, 11:36 AM
:o A MILF is a "Mother I'd like to ______."

Oh the wealth of knowledge that is tossed back and forth between these pages...........;)

RememberHowToSmile
12-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Great job everyone on their NSV!

I went out last night and have to NSV. First, I avoided drinking alcohol. I probable should be drinking for health reasons but I can be so tempting when everyone around you is getting really drunk and putting shots in your hand. But I managed to say no. My second NSV is I uploaded the pictures from last night (one of the things about being the sober person is you generally get appointed photographer). I’m not in most of them because I was taking them but I came across one and I was shocked when I saw it. I could not believe how thin my face has become. I guess you don’t notice when you are looking in a mirror everyday but a picture is worth a 1000 words.

LisaMarie71
12-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Lifeguard, I've been in that position more times than I can count. I've been trying for AGES. It's a difficult position to be in. My students constantly ask why my husband and I don't have kids -- we teach at the same school and the kids know we've been married for a long time. It's tough.

As for NSVs in the last few days, let's see... People are still telling me they can tell I've lost weight, but I'm getting used to hearing it now and I still love it, but I guess it's not as big a deal anymore.

One of my favorite things that has happened lately is that I've told people that I've started getting into running and they actually don't look shocked. I fully expect people to laugh at me when I mention myself running. I even mentioned to some coworkers that I may be interested in becoming an assistant cross country coach next year if the position opens, and they took it completely seriously! I almost didn't take it seriously myself -- it was just kind of a crazy notion!

RememberHowToSmile
12-18-2006, 10:31 PM
I bought some size 20 pants at the end of October and they fit but where tight on me. I hadn't ware them since the day after I bought them (Mainly I've been wearing PJs and Sweats the last few weeks). I put them on the yesterday and they fit perfect. :carrot:

CarebearsChris
12-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Way to go, RemeberHowToSmile. I can't wait to start fitting into some smaller sizes. Only problem is I don't have any. When we moved I took my skinny clothes to the DAV Thrift Store. I have been wearing size 26 Rider jeans. I had a pair of 26 Chic jeans that run a bit smaller and I am in to those....and hoping they become too big soon. Guess I will have to make a trip to the thrift store. Don't to spend good money on new clothes till I get to where I am going...145.

RememberHowToSmile
12-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Chris - I understand the fustration with clothing. I didn't have anything smaller then a 22-24 up until a few months ago. I've been watching sales and bought these pants at fashion bug they had a buy one get one for a dollar sale so I bought two pairs both almost too small figureing I would eventually fit into them. But one thing that really motivates me is wearing my 24 sweat pants that I can barely keep up anymore. I think after the new year starts I'm going to go to the thirft store and try and find some more pants that are even smaller to give me a goal.

CarebearsChris
12-19-2006, 12:40 AM
RemeberHowToSmile, I know it is only a matter of time before I have to go shopping for new clothes and I will enjoy every moment of it...unlike the past.

jtammy
12-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Hi ladies, Oh isn't it so much more fun now to clothes shop! (or at least try on clothes). Yesterday DD and I went window shopping. For the first time in YEARS, I can wear clothes from the misses section. :) Size 16 from the misses section for dresses, 14/16 for tops. Still wearing a 16W for the bottoms, but even that is a size down from the last time I tried on clothes. As I was trying one of the dresses, I glanced in the mirror, and it suddenly ocurred to me that I looked normal. Not morbidly obese, not huge, just a normal woman (okay one that still needs to lose some weight, but that's normal now anyway).

After our day spent trying on clothes (didn't buy anything), I got home and opened my birthday present from DH. I hit the big 4 - 0 yesterday. He had bought me a pair of 3X 22/24 pajamas. :( That kind of put a damper on my day. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry, since apparently he still thinks he has to buy me the biggest size in the store. I ended up laughing, after all it is the thought that counts, right? But I'm taking those back today and getting a pair that fits!

CarebearsChris
12-19-2006, 09:22 AM
jtammy

:woo: :balloons: Happy Birthday.

Wow, I don't know if I would laugh or cry. Guess it is best to laugh. Men are so clueless about size. Hope you find a great pair pajamas in the right size.

jtammy
12-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks, Chris. I'm putting it down to some men being so clueless (and stupid) about sizes. I guess that shows me that he certainly hasn't been listening whenever I say, I'm down to a size ___ now. Although my 14 yo DS told me "I told him not to buy ones that big", so maybe there is hope for the next generation. :)

rockinrobin
12-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Jtammy first of all a big Happy Birthday to you. I hit my 4 -0 3 years ago, and I vowed then to be fit and healthy for the real biggie, the big 5 -0.

I know what you mean, I also feel overweight, but, but not quite as obese as before. Not as much as a standout. Hard to explain what I'm trying to say, but something tells me you understand what I mean. Like I fit in, just like most women struggling with their weight.

As far as the clothing size and hubby, I have warned my husband for years and years not to buy me clothing, I just didn't want to fess up about the size.
I wouldn't put too much umm weight into the fact that he got you the wrong size. They are indeed different creatures the male species. Gotta love em though. Hope you had a great birthday and have fun picking out the right size!!

Lifeguard
12-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Ok - mine is not body related at all but I'm sooooo excited that I have to mention it.

We have electricity in our kitchen!!!! We have been doing renos (still not done) & have not had power in there since we moved in in February! I've been going in & just turning the lights on & off!

CarebearsChris
12-19-2006, 11:06 AM
WooHoo I have been there when we remodeled our bathroom. I know how good that feels. Let's party.

GirlyGirlSebas
12-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey Lisa,

Sorry I'm posting a bit late...I've been away and am catching up on the threads. I think its great that you are really getting into the running! Have you always enjoyed running or is this new for you? I used to run when I was in my early twenties. I ran 5 miles a day. I strained my knee and had to stop running for a while. Unfortunately, I never started again. One of my goals is to run a marathon one day. But, I have to walk before I can run!

Lifeguard, great picture! I'm glad you posted about your scrap book evening. It helps to remind me to be sensitive to those around me. As a Mom, I can tell you that I sometimes feel like my whole life revolves around the kids and I've lost me....all of my time and energy is consumed with the kids needs and I have forgotten how to make adult conversation. I'll try to remember you situation when I am around my friends with no children.

lilybelle
12-19-2006, 11:23 AM
My NSV. I helped my dog through labor with 12 adorable chocolate lab puppies. I was in the floor with her all night on Sunday. My hips and legs are so sore from getting up and down. I don't think I could have done all this if I hadn't lost the weight.

I know what you all mean about men and clothing sizes. Most are clueless. My DH always bought me a size 20 when I was size 14. Now that I wear a large to medium in shirts, he buys a small. That will never fit. Oh well. I like to trade them in and shop for myself.

CarebearsChris
12-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Aww Lily, chocolate lab puppies. There is no way I oculd have gotten up and down a lot with the birth of puppies. I love dogs but we have decided we aren't dog people. I can never house break a dog. Even took a class on it. We adopted an older dog and were told he was house broken. NOPE. I think it had to do with the puppy we had before peeing in the house. It was all cleaned but I am betting a dog could tell. So we stick to our 3 cats. Much easier cleaning a litter box then a carpet.

GirlyGirl, you need to take some "me" time and have some adult company once and a while.

Jasmine31
12-19-2006, 11:50 AM
I was walking 15 minutes to the bus stop yesterday and a friend of my 8 year old's dad seen us walking and stopped and wanted to give us a ride. I told him no thanx we were going the other way and enjoying the walk. (I wound up walking 2 1/2 hours yesterday and walk an average of 60 minutes a day). He was pretty pushy about it and saying, "Oh, the other way isn't too far, I'll give ya a ride there then." :lol: I said, no really, we appreciate the offer but I am exercising, I have lost 72 pounds this last year thru walking and healthy eating.

He said, "You look good!"

hahahah Funny how when I was fat and walked all over the place almost no one ever offered me a ride. Now that I am alot thinner, everyone is pulling over to offer!! ;)

LisaMarie71
12-19-2006, 12:22 PM
That's a good one, Jasmine!! It IS funny how people treat you differently after you've dropped a few pounds.

GirlyGirl, I've never really been into running until now, and I'm not sure I'd even call what I do so far "running" -- maybe a light jog! :lol:

If you're thinking of getting into it too, you should check out the "cool running" website and take a look at their Couch-to-5k program. It gets you there gradually. I sort of made up my own version of it and did it based on how I felt. I think I ended up getting to 30 minutes of straight jogging more quickly than I would've on the program they laid out, even though most weeks I only ran one day. There's also a great thread in the Exercise forum called "Advice on becoming a runner." Most of the folks there have done the C25K plan and are beginning runners as well. You'll be surprised at how quickly your body adapts to it. Once I crossed the threshold of running 5 minutes straight, I quickly went to 10 and from there I was at 30 in no time. It's still hard, but I'm getting used to it and I actually enjoy it.

CarebearsChris
12-19-2006, 12:40 PM
lol, Lisa. Isn't it funny. Wow you walk a lot. With my OA and fibro I can't get into a good walking routine. I get doing 20 minutes a day and bang have a bad day and have to start all over. Yesterday I fell down the stairs and the knee hurts. GRRRR

SuchAPrettyFace
12-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Congrats everyone!!!

Size 24 jeans purchased just 1 month ago hanging off my butt now. :dance:

CarebearsChris
12-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Woo Hoo. I am not in a 24 yet...but give me a couple of weeks and I will be.

rockinrobin
12-19-2006, 03:11 PM
I bought 3 shirts today from a regular sized store!!!! Yup I went to Macy's and bought 3 - XL shirts. What a feeling it was. I was overwhelmed. They have so much more of a selection then in their plus size section. I could have bought 20, but I stopped myself, cause I want these to be way too big on me next winter.

And by the way, I just can't imagine running. I just don't see it ever happening. I applaud all you running ladies. :cp: :cp: :cp:

Lilybelle, CONGRATULATIONS on the puppies, that is very exciting. They must be so cute. And yes, you must have needed a lot of stamina and energy to be with her the whole night, what an awesome feeling to BE ABLE to do it.

CarebearsChris
12-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Way to go. That has to feel good.

I would be happy if I was just in a smaller size than I am now. 39.4 pounds gone and I am still in my 26s. They are loose but not enough for a smaller size.

LisaMarie71
12-19-2006, 08:26 PM
I just looked up my BMI for the first time in a while, and I'm excited to say that I'm getting closer and closer to the "overweight" range instead of "obese." (Ugh...I've always hated that word). At 275, when I started, my BMI was 40.6. Today, at 220, my BMI is 32.5. I'm pretty happy with that change! I have a long way to go, but it's nice to see that number going down. According to the calculator I used, I'll have to get to 202 to have an "overweight" BMI and 168 to have a "normal" BMI.

Today, a coworker was walking behind me and she decided to comment on my behind and how I seem to be losing most of it. Haha...I don't want to lose it completely, though! I can't stand the look of a flat behind on a woman. Too bad we can't control exactly where our fat leaves us! :lol:

ScarlettDrawl
12-19-2006, 08:39 PM
I've got one! When I first joined my gym last month I struggled to survive 3 (yes, three) minutes on the elliptical... I'm pleased to report that I just did 60 minutes today. I've also progressed at weight lifting and am regularly going to bodypump (which ROCKS!) every Saturday. Woohoo for progress.

rockinrobin
12-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Oh gosh, LisaMarie, that just goes to show you how hard it is to be 5 foot nothing. At 218 lbs. my BMI is a miserable 42.6. Well I have absolutely no control over my height, now my weight that's another story, short or not it's up to me to maintain a healthy BMI. Yup, I'm working on it.

Wel the NSV's are coming fast and furious now, in spite of my lousy BMI. I was in the car with my husband tonight and as I was putting on my seatbelt I realized that I no longer had to stretch it all the way out to get it on me. Before I started this weightloss journey I didn't have a quarter inch to spare. In fact in some cars it didn't fit me at all. So it was kinda nice to have plenty of spare room. It kinda took me aback, but in a good way.

CarebearsChris
12-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Wow everyone has such great NSVs. Congrats to everyone.

lilybelle
12-20-2006, 09:13 AM
These are such great NSV's. Thanks everyone for sharing.

I made baked chicken, salad and green beans for dinner last night. I also made french fries for my DH and DD. I didn't eat the fries, so felt good about that. I am resisting the urge each day to bake cookies.

CarebearsChris
12-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Lily, I see you are 4 pounds below goal. Are you trying to loss more?? You look so good in your picture.

boaterswife
12-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Way to go, ladies! I just stopped in for my morning dose of inspiration, and you guys gave it to me! The NSV's are FABULOUS!!

Lily, we have a chocolate lab, from a very large sized bloodline....big square head, tall shoulders, etc. Almost makes me happy that I don't live near you, 'cause I'd have to have one of those puppies!

LisaMarie, I understand your plight! My butt and b**bs are gone! Shame, but they were the first to walk out on me!

Chris, hope the knee is feeling better today!

ScarlettDrawl, that elliptical is a demon machine! When I started I did 5 minutes, then had to sit down for 20....there was no way I could go up the stairs even (our machine is in the basement). Now I do anywhere from 30-60 minutes on it a day, and when I hop off I run right upstairs and do other things that need done. It's such a satisfying feeling!

RockinRobin, isn't it awesome to shop on the main floor in Macy's? So many ladies clothing departments to choose from! I know at our location the womens department is in the basement in the far back corner. You have to go through china, housewares and linens to get there, kinda makes you feel embarrassed to even go to that department!

CarebearsChris
12-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks, Kelly. Yes, my knee is better and they are coming today to fix the carpet on the stairs.

lilybelle
12-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Chris, I'm not trying to lose more weight. I fluctuate a little. Try to stay at 142-147. Have been as low as 136 but can't maintain that low. My ticker needs to be updated. I'm currently 142. But, as long as I stay in my range, I don't bother changing it. BTW, my avatar was taken just a few days before I met goal and I was 147 in the pic.

Lisa, I totally understand about the Butt part. I definitely lost mine. It's flat enough to land an airplane on. But, not wide enough to land one on any more. LOL.

You guys are scaring me about the elliptical. I'm getting one from DH for Christmas. I normally just walk on treadmill. The elliptical is gonna kick my butt. I'll aim for 1 minute to start with. LOL.

Kelly, I know you'd want a pup. They are too cute. I can't hardly keep my hands off them. They are all so healthy and I can't even tell which is the runt. They sure eat constantly. I feel sorry for Molly. But, she's being a great mommy. She is eating tons and drinking gallons of water to be able to feed all 12 of them. We had a 100% survival rate. I was so glad. Molly is on calcium tabs to help her bones and her pups. I love, love, love them. I am feeding Molly the Science Diet for Nursing Moms food that the vet recommended. It's pretty expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

rockinrobin
12-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Lilybelle, your pups sound so cute. It sounds like you're really enjoying them. Was this the first time Molly had puppies?

And Boaterswife it WAS awesome. I still can't get over the selection. This is all so new for me. But the real scary thing is I wasn't even able to shop in Macy's plus size shop for years already. It only went up to a size 24 and I got all the way up to a 26/28. And their 3x's were too snug on me. And I gotta ask you, didn't you just hit Onederland like last week and I see you're down to 195? That is just fantastic. :cp: :cp: :cp: I'm so happy for you.

And girls for me there will never ever be any relating to flat butts for me. Even when I was 19 years old and 125 lbs I had a big old bubble butt.:(

lilybelle
12-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi Robin, I had a "bubble butt" when I was in high school. I liked the round butt better than my flat butt. Maybe as I got older, it got flat from sitting on it so much. LOL.

Anyway, I do love the puppies and my precious Molly. She's my baby. She has had one previous litter. Last time she was bred with a yellow labrador and all the puppies were black (14 of them). This time, she was bred with a chocolate and all 12 puppies are chocolate and totally healthy. I am having her "fixed" as soon as she is done nursing the pups, which is what the vet recommends. I wouldn't want to ever put her through this again. BTW, I'm keeping a female puppy for my son. Yippee. The owner of the "stud" dog gets pick of the litter. I have good homes lined up for the rest of the puppies.

Congratulations on getting to shop at Macy's now. I think the change in clothing sizes was more motivational for me than the number on the darn scale anyday.

LisaMarie71
12-20-2006, 12:49 PM
There's nothing wrong with bubblebutts, rockinrobin!! I'd want that ANY day over a flat one. At this point mine is FAR from flat, but I worry that it'll get that way. My bra size has gone from a DD to a D, and I'd be ok with going down to a C but beyond that I wouldn't be thrilled. I'd like to keep the stuff that makes me look like a woman! That's the least of my worries right now, though -- I just want to get all the unnecessary fat off! The more you lose, the more you want to get rid of the rest of it, I think.

rockinrobin
12-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Without a doubt the more you lose, the more you want to get rid of the rest of it. It's amazing. And absolutely the sizes going down are incredibly motivating. I can't imagine what the future holds for me. I just still can not understand why I didn't tackle this sooner. It is beyond my comprehension as to why I thought it was okay to be so inactive and eat so much. I just suppose I should be glad I didn't wait any longer.

I also was a DD and am now a D. I was a large C at 20, we'll see what happens.

As for flat butts and bubble butts - why is it the grass is always greener on the other side? Hmph.

And Lily I hope you're taking lots of pictures. Stuff like this just doesn't happen very often. And I have no doubt you have picked out fabulous homes for the little cuties.

Jasmine31
12-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Oh I forgot to tell everyone I am in a tight 16 now! Hooray! A few more weeks and I will be able to wear it comfortably out. My 18 jeans I just got a month and a half ago are loose on me! :D

EVeryone these nsv's are great! Keep em coming! I always have a big butt to no matter my weight. Thanx to JLo for bringing it back in fashion!

boaterswife
12-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Busy on the NSV thread today! Yippee! As I've stated before, I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading them!

RockinRobin, yes I did hit 199 last Saturday (week and a half ago), but was in denial! I was sure I'd go to weigh in this past Saturday and be at like 200.1....with onederland just out of reach! I got on the scale though, and it read 195! I even asked my leader if her scale was accurate, I just couldn't believe it! I believe the last time my weight started with a 1 was sometime between child #1 and child #2, so that's at least 15 years ago. Hard to get my brain wrapped around it!!

Oh, Lily, I am drooling over those puppies! I don't even have to see a picture, I can see all those cute little fur-balls in my head!

Bra sizes? I was a B before kids. That was also around 125-135, so we'll see where I end up! And my butt? Well, it's flat. No getting around it! My mom has a booty, but my Dad, and his whole side of the family, are flat-butted! Guess it's the family curse!

I love Macy's now! The weight is falling off at a pretty good pace, and it seems like I'm only in a pants size for a couple weeks before the next one down fits. That, too, is hard to comprehend! About 3 weeks ago I tried on some Hilfiger jeans (my fav's) for the first time in the Missy department. The 16's were really snug, so I asked DH for some in a 14 for Christmas, thinking they would be snug but a motivating factor and something to work in to around the first of the year. DH bought the 14's for me for my b-day last week. I told him the story of wanting to work into them, but couldn't resist and went to try them on anyway. I ran through the house screaming "they fit, they fit!" for about 10 minutes! I'm revising my wishlist to 12's for Christmas!

All of you keep up the awesome work! Look at how far we've all come....each and every one of us are in a healthier place, and are LOSING weight during the eating season!

CLCSC145
12-21-2006, 12:41 AM
I FINALLY have enough little ones to post!

1) I bought this couch a few months ago and while it's pretty, it's too low. So low in fact that I could barely get off of it since I got it. Really. Once it was so bad I rolled onto my knees so I could stand up. Well today I noticed I had no problem getting up! I don't know if my belly is smaller or my thighs are stronger from the elliptical machine, but it isn't a big deal to get off of it anymore! (I'm still going to have taller legs put on it, though ;) )

2) I posted this elsewhere, but my metal watch band used to be tight and now it spins around by itself. I could shorten it, but I'm not going to as a reminder of my progress.

3) I was walking past the mirror the today and noticed from the side that I am looking thinner. Now, I still have A LOT to lose, but I can see that 21 pounds are missing especially around the middle. Yay!

4) The puffiness in my feet, ankles, and calves is totally gone!

Great job everyone on your NSVs! They really are so inspiring to read. Thanks for taking the time to post them. :hug:

CarebearsChris
12-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Kelly....size 14s are fitting. WooHoo. Sounds onderful.

CC....wow 4 NSVs at once. Cool beans. The hard work is really starting to show isn't it.

Ok I have one of my own. Last night was the men's bowling league. They don't do a buffet for Christmas like most leagues....after all there are men. A bunch of the wives brought stuff to munch on. (which of course I didn't know they did so I didn't bring anything). They just put the dishes on the table that you sit at and so everyone comes to your table and you wish them a Merry Christmas. (The other league that bowled last night has the area where they do buffets). So here I sit all night with a big plate of homemade cookies and a big plate of ham biscuits on it. Didn't touch a thing. Then another guy on our team pulls out a bag of Ghariardelli chocolates and offered them to me. NO NO. I managed to say no. Another of DH team members asked me how on earth was I not eating them. I asked him if he saw the skull and cross bones on it all. That is what I saw when I looked at it.

lilybelle
12-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Kelly, Wow, that's great that you're down to 195 and firmly in onederland. I remember my excitement when that happened too. 14's that is awesome, I can feel your Joy.
Oh, I put a pic of the pups on the Atkins forum and Maintainers Forum if you want to see them. The pic's aren't great, they are web cam shots and pups wouldn't be still.

CLCSC, great job on the NSV's. I can still remember rolling to get off our couch too. Also, used to have DH help me get out of bed, or have a sturdy chair next to it to pull against to help me up. I used to have very swollen hands and feet and it's gone now too, so I know that makes you feel great. Isn't it nice to look in a mirror and see that progress. Yippee

Chris, now that was some fantastic willpower that you were able to refuse all those goodies. It really does get a little easier each time we are able to do this. Anytime I do this, I'm proud of myself later for it and never think, "man, I wish I had ate that junk".

KnitALisa
12-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Gah. Boobs. I swear to goodness, I was born with the darn things!! At my highest, I wore a 42 DDD. Now it's more like a 38 DDD. Luckily I'm hourglass shaped; no matter what my weight, my hips and boobs have always been within a half inch of each other. Big ole' boobies, a big ole butt, much smaller waist = nothing fits!!

Lifeguard
12-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Great work making it to onederland boaters wife - what a wonderful accomplishment.

Keep 'em coming - I love reading these!

lilybelle
12-23-2006, 12:05 AM
My NSV,

My butt's a dragging. Too much shopping. Not eating perfect but I at least I did get on that treadmill and walk. Better than nothing. Also, doing well at not eating sweets although plenty are available here right now. My only extra food has came from fruits.

RememberHowToSmile
12-23-2006, 01:15 PM
First, I went and paid my rent before I left for vacation and the leasing agent looked and me and said “I’ve been meaning to ask you have you been loosing a lot of weight”. It made my day that she noticed.

Second I flied down to see my parents and I was able to fit comfortable in the seat but I was also able to close the seat belt and tighten it like 3 or 4 inches. Also I was able to use the food try without having it rest on my stomach.

CarebearsChris
12-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Wow, everyone has such great NSVs. Congrats to everyone.

mthrgoos68
12-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Ugh, this month has got to be the hardest of them all!! At the restaurant where I work, customers have been bringing us in box after box of candy. See's Candies, Whitman's, etc.... So there they sit all night while everyone picks out of them while we're working. That's harder for me to resist than anything, but so far I haven't touched a one! I try to just keep thinking about how I'll feel the next morning if I've eaten it, and how much happier I'll be with myself when I don't eat it. Chris, I'll have to remember your trick about the skull and crossbones!

Lisa, I have to laugh because I'm exactly the same. The smallest these boobs ever get is a 36DD. Everything that I can fit my butt into is way too loose in the waist and I have to pull it tight with a belt. I definitely have an hourglass figure and it's so darn hard to find clothes that fit!

Lifeguard
12-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Today while at the mall (doing gift wrapping as a fundraiser for girl guides) I was walking & caught a look at myself in the window fronts & you know I look large, but well proportioned and fat was NOT the first word that came to my mind.

Also, I went to a movie tonight & got popcorn and a pop - and didn't even come close to finishing either. Would have been better to have had none - but eh!

CarebearsChris
12-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Ok I have been struggling to find NSVs and haven't come up with anything. Here is the one that I did come up with. Yesterday I managed to stay within points. I cooked a lot and ate a little. I was told I had to make my hard rock candy again this year by some friends. DH is a diabetic and I don't want to eat any, but I did make 2 batches...cinnamon and sperament. I had one tiny tiny piece of each and haven't not touched any since.

rockinrobin
12-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Good going carebearchris!!!

I am very fortunate this holiday season, I had a couple of parties with people that haven't seen me since the summer, I started this jouney Sept. 4th, so some of them were shocked,just shocked. And the men were really, really complimentary. Didn't realize my husband had a jealous streak. He said he doesn't mind the compliments but to they have to hoot and holler.

And soooo many people asked me, yes ME for "diet" advice. Mind boggling.

But the one NSV that I like the most came from my 17 year old daughter. I ran into a friend of hers who i hadn't seen since beginning of Sept. She was also extremely complimentary, said I looked amazing. She then sees my daughter and tells her how great I looked and I said to my daughter "Uch I looked terrible, I had on my coat and it wasn't even closed and so that made me look bigger then I am" And my daughter says "Ma, it doesn't matter what you're wearing, you are drastically smaller then you used to be. You look fantastic. Don't you get it?" I don't think I do. But I'm glad she said so.

SuchAPrettyFace
12-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Hi girls! Glad to see everyone is still going strong! :dance:

Mine is small and simple, but huge all at the same time.

I stayed with my grandparents to help them cook, clean & prepare for both Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. They are 83, but still insist on doing all holidays.

Christmas Eve we had put all the food away & were cleaning up the kitchen. My grandfather, trying to be helpful, put DAWN dishwashing liquid in the dishwasher. So I stayed home from Midnight Mass to clean up the ensuing mess. We couldn't open the soap dispenser back up, so we ran the dishwasher until it popped open, then turned it off. I then ladled soap suds & water out of the machine for the next hour. :lol: I wiped out the machine, put the correct soap in, and sat and wiped up the suds as they came out of the machine during the regular cycle. (I got out as much of it as I could, there was still enough to make a mess.) :rofl:

So I was home alone with a houseful of food (homemade ravioli, meatballs, italian bread, salad, sauce, lasagne, anchovy pasta, shrimp cocktail, fried smelt, scalidi, genetti, rum balls, a chocolate cake my grandfather had made, ice cream, etc) for a good 2-3 hours.

And I did not eat one thing. I sipped my treat I had brought along (diet cherry 7up), and gulped my water, and that was that. I also read a cool magazine called DIET 2007 that I found at the grocery store.

For me, this is huge. Those meatballs are good! One meatball turns into another, and another, and then you have the sauce, a few pieces of bread, freshly grated parmesan, and pretty soon a small snack turns into a disaster. I'm so glad I avoided that. :cool:

CarebearsChris
12-26-2006, 04:01 PM
That was huge....I am so glad you didn't give in to the left overs.

lilybelle
12-27-2006, 11:50 AM
12/26 I walked on my elliptical for 5 min's. Had to stop a time or two but I made it. I'm new to this and it is hard, but I'm determined to make it work for me.

SuchAPrettyFace
12-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Ordered Chinese food today with the girls & got steamed chicken & veggies (no sauce!) Usually when I do this I will sprinkle a little soy sauce--NOT TODAY!!!

Everyone else got fried fattening things, someone even asked me to split crab rangoons (my favorite) and I said no.

:belly:

GirlyGirlSebas
12-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Everyone else got fried fattening things, someone even asked me to split crab rangoons (my favorite) and I said no.

:belly:

No crab rangoons! You rock! That had to be rough....they are one of my favorites.

rockinrobin
12-27-2006, 04:15 PM
What in the world is a crab rangoon? Apparently it's a good thing that you didn't have any, so yay :carrot: for you!!

Tiggs
12-27-2006, 09:51 PM
I got on the elliptical and I stayed there for a full 20 minutes and you know what it felt great and I was proud of myself for doing it.

Congrats to everyone else on making the right decision :) :)

CarebearsChris
12-27-2006, 10:04 PM
I have a NSV finally. I really would have thought I would have had a few more by now....I have lost 42 pounds. I took my step kids to WalMart so they could spend their gift cards. While waiting on them I decided to try on some jeans. I have been wearing size 26 Riders. Well I was comfortably in a 24. I was hoping for a 22 but am happy with a 24. I am hoping my belt will work on my 26s for a while longer and I can skip the 24s and be in the 22s soon.

GirlyGirlSebas
12-28-2006, 09:07 AM
What in the world is a crab rangoon? Apparently it's a good thing that you didn't have any, so yay :carrot: for you!!

Picture a fried wonton folded in half with a crab and cream cheese type filling. They are usually an appetizer. I can eat 10-12 myself with no hesistation. Yum Yum. Definitely not a diet friendly food!

lilybelle
12-28-2006, 12:41 PM
This yr. I didn't have to lie about my size for Christmas gifts. Before , when I was size 20, I'd always tell DH that I was a 14 and then the clothes wouldn't fit. This yr. I asked for medium pajamas and they not only fit but were very loose. That sure felt great.

crazynette826
12-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Today I decided to try on a pair of jeans that have been in my closet forever. They're Old Navy size 18's, and they fit!!!! They're even on the loose side!! I haven't shopped in an Old Navy for over a year, because the last time I went nothing fit. It really made me sad, because I love their clothes.
So now I'm excited to go back and try things on!!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

boaterswife
12-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi everyone! I'm BACK!! I've been gone for a week, sulking and staying away from the computer. Last Saturday I had my weekly weigh in, and after strictly staying on plan and exercising all week, my monthly visitor popped up the day before my weigh in. So, even though I was good, the scale showed a 1.4 pound gain. Totally crushed my morale, even though I knew it was TOM related. I was down in the dumps all week, but still stayed on plan. Today had my weekly WI again, and was down 3.8! OK, I know the scale shouldn't control my moods, but darned if it doesn't do it anyway!

I've been reading your NSV's for the past 10 minutes, and realized how stupid I am. Had I just popped in here and read for a few minutes, I'm sure my mood would have lifted as early as Sunday or Monday! You all are such an inspiration, and the nsv's are fabulous!

Chris, being good with all the homemade goodies in front of you takes definite willpower. You are one strong woman!

Lilybelle, good for you! My first time on the elliptical machine almost killed me, I struggled to stay on for 5 minutes. Stick with it!

Crazynette....woo hoo!! Back in to Old Navy's, that rocks!

Tiggs, that's awesome! 20 minutes can feel like a lifetime on the elliptical sometimes!

OK, time for my NSV from today. Went to a bday party for a friend's daughter, and many of our friends were there. All of us have gotten so busy with kids that we don't see each other nearly enough. The comments were flying! My BF's hubby said "Woo Hoo! The skinny minny's here....(then grabbed my butt, LOL)". A friend that I haven't seen in almost a year said to me "Where's your other half?" and I replied that he was at work and couldn't make it. She started laughing and said, "Not him, where's the other half of you?" I could've hugged her to death!

Friends are such a good motivator.....the ones you see often, the ones you don't see often enough, and the ones right here on 3FC! I wish all of you much success for the new year!

lilybelle
12-31-2006, 09:09 AM
Kelly, glad to see you back and WTG on the great NSV's.

I was at my Dr.'s appt. on Friday and the lab tech that drew my lab said "you have good veins, for someone so TINY". I could have fell out of the chair. I have never been called TINY. I definitely am not TINY, but it felt great for someone to think so. Another thing that made this so nice is she only had to stick me one time. When I was at my heavier weight I used to always be stuck multiple times.

boaterswife
12-31-2006, 11:05 AM
That's awesome, Lilybelle! I HATE getting stuck with the needle, and it often takes more than one try......I think I'll hope for the same nsv one of these days!

CarebearsChris
12-31-2006, 11:18 AM
WooHoo to everyone and the NSVs.

lilybelle, that is awesome. When I was in college we had to learn to draw blood. One of my first jobs after college was a lab tech in a big office. I know it has to feel good to have only one poke.

Kelly, you should have come here for the support and help. I am glad that you managed stay on plan this week. Nice loss for the week. WooHoo.

crazynette826, I have never even been in an Old Navy. I just knew nothing in their would fit me. So why go in. I can't wait till I am small enough to shop there. It has to feel wonderful to be able to shop in a small people's store.

jtammy
12-31-2006, 03:38 PM
I love reading all of the NSVs. Keep it up! My NSV is that I am officially out of the plus size section! :carrot: :carrot: I've been wearing 14/16 in tops for a couple of months, but I went shopping Friday and discovered that I wear a 16 misses in pants now. I can't remember how many years it has been since I could last say that. I didn't buy any since my 18W aren't falling off yet.

CarebearsChris
12-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Cool Beans, Tammy.

lilybelle
12-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Tammy, WTG on the sizes, I know that must feel great.

CLCSC145
12-31-2006, 04:47 PM
I took my measurements today and since 11/29 I have lost:

.25 inches from my neck
0 inches from biceps
.5 inches from forearm
1.5 inches from chest :o
3.25 inches from waist :D
2 inches from hips :D
2.25 inches from thigh :D
.5 inches from calf
-------------------------
9.75 inches GRAND TOTAL!

boaterswife
12-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Chris, you are so right. Next time (which will probably be in about 3 weeks) my TOM rears its ugly head and gets me down, I will come here first! You guys are such wonderful support and inspiration! Also, hang in there, Chris! You've made such wonderful strides towards a more fit you, that you'll be in the missy department before you know it!!!

Tammy, the whole main floor of Macy's is open to you now....time to shop!

CC, holy cow! Almost 10 inches gone forever...you rock!